Where the attribute " Creativity " has gone ?

What I think is that Fabregas is a fantastically creative player, but I don't think Vision is his strong point - for example he is a creative driving force in midfield, but you rarely see him picking out a 30 yard throughball, running the wing, driving past players to score goals (forget that goal against Spurs

(from 1.25))

There has to be a distinction between being creative and having vision.

Vision is, as agreed by everyone, the ability to keep your head up and pick out a pass.

Flair is the trick part.

How do creative players fit into this - that don't do vision passes, or do tricks in a match.

But you can still be creative even if you can't spot a 30 yard throughball, or 60 yard lob pass, or do a rabona.

Now you've lost me completely, Eugene.

I don't know what Fabregas has for vision in-game, but he has a fair bit of Vision, imo. Anyway, if we disregard vision - on to your other point.

for example he is a creative driving force in midfield, but you rarely see him picking out a 30 yard throughball, running the wing, driving past players to score goals
Creative driving force in midfield? What does that mean? From that description, it sounds like a player with Stamina, Off the ball, Decisions, Teamwork and Passing. IMO, Fabregas has all these. I also don't think he's a great dribbler, so his Dribbling stat should reflect that.

It's why we changed the creativity attribute to vision, the attribute in FM has a single purpose whereas creativity or to be more precise the ability to create scoring chances is much more varied. In the case of Fabregas it's his off the ball movement & teamwork that help him create chances for his teammates.

Why not call vision "Creative Passing" or "Passing Vision" then? If it has nothing to do with how creative a player is on other areas of the pitch?

If it's thecase that you don't need a Creativity attribute then you can do away with the vision attribute altogether and just add up all the other stats, like dribbling, pace, crossing, shooting, passing, flair etc. to see how much vision a player has.

Why do we have to add up stats to get their Creativity?

Now you've lost me completely, Eugene.

I don't know what Fabregas has for vision in-game, but he has a fair bit of Vision, imo. Anyway, if we disregard vision - on to your other point.

Creative driving force in midfield? What does that mean? From that description, it sounds like a player with Stamina, Off the ball, Decisions, Teamwork and Passing. IMO, Fabregas has all these. I also don't think he's a great dribbler, so his Dribbling stat should reflect that.

I'm not sure what has you lost?

Some players are more creative without having "vision" playing throughballs, crossing, or passing.

McGeady is a creative player - but his vision sucks as he runs with his head down. Yet he has good dribbling, passing, crossing, etc.

But he's still creative. His vision is a side of his game that is lacking.

I'm not sure what has you lost?

Some players are more creative without having "vision" playing throughballs, crossing, or passing.

McGeady is a creative player - but his vision sucks as he runs with his head down. Yet he has good dribbling, passing, crossing, etc.

But he's still creative. His vision is a side of his game that is lacking.

So McGeady should have good dribbling, passing and crossing attributes.

This has me lost - How would a creativity attribute change how McGeady operates?

Archived