Sports Interactive Community
luka_

Potential international management gamebreaker

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I think there's a big mistake regarding international football management. I just took over Netherlands team, and when it was time to pick a squad I realized there is no way I could get an insight in all available players. I mean players who are not included in National Pool list. Since my club scouting knowledge of Netherlands is not very good there is no system that allows me to search for all available Dutch players. For example, I have only three WB/R in my national pool but surely there has to be more Dutch players who can play that position. And my club knowledge of Holland should not determine how many players I can see on a player search. I have assistanst and what nots, ther has to be a system that would allow a national team manager to get a list of all available players!! Is there any way around this? If not, that has to be fixed or addressed. I have german,italian,french,spanish and french leagues loaded so I think the DB of players is big enough, it's not the reason why I can't see enough Dutch players. Like, my club knowledge of Turkey is non existant so Sneijder does not appear when I search midfielders of dutch nationality which is just crazy when searching for players for my national team! Please SI can you comment on this?

I think this is a licensing issue. Real players cannot play for the national team in the game, so I'm guessing the only players you can pick are regens?

I was having this problem too, when trying to manage both a club and national side at the same time.

When you are just managing a national team, your assistant manager filters out any player who is not eligible to play for the country. When you manage a club side as well, I wasn't able to find the option to do this, the scouting screen 'belonged' to the club's assistant manager. I ended up scouting all the players of the appropriate nationality, which was a less than satisfying workaround (for me).

So I guess the question is this: how do you find the national assistant's list of players eligible to play for your country?

Edit: Although I do realise there are licensing issues with certain national teams which could be the problem for the OP.

It sounds like a problem of doing something unrealistic (being Netherlands manager at the same time as a club too small to scout the Netherlands). If you do something so unrealistic, you have to expect unrealistic results.

I was having this problem too, when trying to manage both a club and national side at the same time.

When you are just managing a national team, your assistant manager filters out any player who is not eligible to play for the country. When you manage a club side as well, I wasn't able to find the option to do this, the scouting screen 'belonged' to the club's assistant manager. I ended up scouting all the players of the appropriate nationality, which was a less than satisfying workaround (for me).

So I guess the question is this: how do you find the national assistant's list of players eligible to play for your country?

Edit: Although I do realise there are licensing issues with certain national teams which could be the problem for the OP.

This has nothing to do with licensing. I can pick real players, it's just that I can't find all of the players I can pick. I can go from club to club and do it obviously but that would take ages. This is pretty serious issue.

It sounds like a problem of doing something unrealistic (being Netherlands manager at the same time as a club too small to scout the Netherlands). If you do something so unrealistic, you have to expect unrealistic results.

Your answer is just plain stupid. If the game allows it, why not be both? Either they make this impossible to do ingame or if they allow it, than I 'd like the issue to be resolved.

Plus I can scout Netherlands! But my club knowledge obviously should have nothing to do with seeing players who can play for Netherlands. My assistans should know all the players at least. I will scout Holland via my club scouts but it is not the point.

Like, I can not find Sneijder in player search for Holland because I have no knowledge of Turkey. That is just idiotic.

This has nothing to do with licensing. I can pick real players, it's just that I can't find all of the players I can pick. I can go from club to club and do it obviously but that would take ages. This is pretty serious issue.

It seems to work as it's supposed to for me, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Scouting -> All know players - then only tick the filter option to show player eligible for Netherlands.

Just tried to add an English manger for The Netherlands with next to no player knowledge and it's showing 1700+ players from the Netherlands.

Edit: Do you have any staff there btw?

It seems to work as it's supposed to for me, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Scouting -> All know players - then only tick the filter option to show player eligible for Netherlands.

Just tried to add an English manger for The Netherlands with next to no player knowledge and it's showing 1700+ players from the Netherlands.

Edit: Do you have any staff there btw?

Where is the option to tick to only show eligible players? I was trying to find it but couldn't.. I'll check it out when I come home. That could be solution. Thanx!