Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Announced!

Football Manager 2015 is released on Thursday 20th November at 00.01 GMT on iOS & Android.

Want to know what new features to expect? You're in the right place!

Brand New Match Engine

A completely new and more realistic 2D Match Engine allows you to better analyse your team’s performance on the field to help you make those tough decisions.*

Scouting Agency

A brand new Scouting Agency which allows you to look at, and monitor, a ranked list of the top 50 players within the game both for current ability and future potential.

Rankings and Dynamic League Reputation

New World Rankings, for international teams and national leagues, which will evolve over time based on performances in continental competitions.

More Detailed Club Stats

A Club Stats page dedicated to showing you more detailed seasonal and historical information about all areas of your club.

Manager Achievements Page

A Manager Achievements page so you can track all of your accolades and get a run-down on all trophies, awards and achievements won.

Improved My Club Mode

You can now assign Player Roles to each of your squad members and also save any player from any career and use that player in your My Club squad.

Improved Look and Feel

More improvements to the user interface to make your role as manager easier.

Plus, lots more including; a brand new purchasable in-game editor that allows you to change your game data throughout your career. Want more cash? Want your striker’s stats to be better? Now you can do that and lots more besides.

Look for stores links coming when the game is available to download.

*New match engine not available on all devices, some devices might run original match engine as default depending on processing and memory capabilities.

oi mate can You please explain me what is unlockable ''in game editor''.....what I think is with that option we can make players transfers in any league and changing player statistics? or I am wrong :)

It's a bummer there's no Argentinean league but... can you actually watch the whole match now, or are those screens of the highlights?

It's a bummer there's no Argentinean league but... can you actually watch the whole match now, or are those screens of the highlights?

You can't watch 90 minutes.

*New match engine not available on all devices, some devices might run original match engine as default depending on processing and memory capabilities.

Would it be possible for you to list some minimum specs for this? I understand it's a lot of different devices out there, though..

You can't watch 90 minutes.

Awww :(

I can live if what we see in the highlights is an accurate representation of what actually happens, as opposed to the previous "canned" highlights.

I have to say that if these are the main additions to the game then I'm a little disappointed this seems nothing more than a league and transfer update. I think there were many internals such as media interaction, loan and transfer additions that were needed. To me there doesn't seem to be much new here :(

I've never played FMH before but now I have an ipad I'm interested. What I would like to know is tho, can you get offered jobs like in the full game or is it just a case of pick a team and stick with it?

I've never played FMH before but now I have an ipad I'm interested. What I would like to know is tho, can you get offered jobs like in the full game or is it just a case of pick a team and stick with it?

Yes you can get offered jobs - its a full fledged management game, just set at a slightly less 'intense' level than full-fat Football Manager is all, think of the complexity of our games from 10 years ago and you'd be about right ..

Would it be possible for you to list some minimum specs for this? I understand it's a lot of different devices out there, though..

Any device can use the new match engine - the game just 'defaults' to the one it thinks is most sensible; if you turn it on for slower devices you might find that processing is slow during play is all.

Any device can use the new match engine - the game just 'defaults' to the one it thinks is most sensible; if you turn it on for slower devices you might find that processing is slow during play is all.

Marc, what is different about the new match engine? The above description is pretty vague.

Yes you can get offered jobs - its a full fledged management game, just set at a slightly less 'intense' level than full-fat Football Manager is all, think of the complexity of our games from 10 years ago and you'd be about right ..

Take my money :D

Marc, what is different about the new match engine? The above description is pretty vague.

It's an entirely new match engine. Shares nothing with any previous match engines that have been in FMH.

It's an entirely new match engine. Shares nothing with any previous match engines that have been in FMH.

Okay, but what are the new features?

EDIT: The screenshots above look incredibly similar.

Okay, but what are the new features?

EDIT: The screenshots above look incredibly similar.

You'll have to wait and see...

Can't help but feel a little disappointed with the change list. Seems like the annual lick of paint and bump the year number up.

You get the sense this game could be amazing if sufficient development resource was devoted to it (given how powerful modern mobile devices are).

Hate to use the words 'money for old rope' but it's feeling that way. ... I'll buy it anyway of course! :-)

Entirely new engine or just the 2d representation? Ie will tactics from previous games still work or will we need to start from scratch?

Can't help but feel a little disappointed with the change list. Seems like the annual lick of paint and bump the year number up.

You get the sense this game could be amazing if sufficient development resource was devoted to it (given how powerful modern mobile devices are).

Hate to use the words 'money for old rope' but it's feeling that way. ... I'll buy it anyway of course! :-)

The match engine has been a huge, huge project.

The match engine has been a huge, huge project.

That's good to know, Alari. There were some problems with the old match engine.

Will the changes be immediately obvious? Or will you release a list of changes after launch?

Do we have regens or newgens for new players each season in FMH15? Also, is there a cap on the amount of season you can play for 1 game save (ie. 10 years)?

Can't wait for this.

That's good to know, Alari. There were some problems with the old match engine.

Will the changes be immediately obvious? Or will you release a list of changes after launch?

It's new, no code is shared with the old match engine so it's not possible for there to be a list of changes.

It's new, no code is shared with the old match engine so it's not possible for there to be a list of changes.

You must have a list of objectives/features that you were trying to acheive with the new engine, that did not exist in the old one?

Please god i will be able to set my team up to play liquid football with the new match engine.

Im also very happy with the Rankings and Dynamic League Reputation. Means over time I can finally sign world class players for Welsh clubs!! Is there also still a cap on how many seasons?

This is pleasing. Looking forward to it.

Why don't the FMH followers get treated to a lovely features video like Miles did for FM2015? Maybe Marc could star?? I'm sure he's a natural in front of the camera.

Here is my only pre-purchase question. That I would like to know a little more about the Editor you can optionally purchase,does it allow you to say,add leagues and countries to your game that aren't currently there?