Nicknames : i Rossoneri (The Red and Blacks), il Diavolo (The Devil), Casciavit

Founded : 16 December 1899

Ground : San Siro, (Capacity : 80,018)

Chairman : Silvio Berlusconi

Managing Director : Adriano Galliani, Barbara Berlusconi

Manager : You

Fierce Rivals : Inter Milan, Juventus

Other Rivals : Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina

Derbies : Derby della Madonnina(v Inter Milan)

Media Prediction : 3rd

Club Captain : Riccardo Montolivo

Vice-captain : Christian Abbiati

Corporate Facilities : Top corporate facilities

Training Facilities : Excellent training facilities

Youth Facilities : Superb youth facilities + youth academy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers

rwLvWXI.png

The goalkeeper position is one you shouldn't have to worry about at least for this season. Summer signing Diego Lopez should be your number 1. Abbiati is good enough to be your number 2.

Players you can consider signing: Savlvatore Sirigu, Mattia Perrin, Sergio Romero, Emiliano Viviano, Artur Boruc

Centre Defenders

0vABlEp.png

If you are only going to play with 2 central defenders then there is just too many players here. Alex and Rami should both be 1st choice pairing. Zapata should be backup if you decide to rest 1 of them. I will suggest offloading Mexes(high wages: 115k per week), Bonera(not really that good) and Zaccardo(won't see too much game time and not good enough). Michelangelo Albertazzi is a decent youngster and could be used if your 1st 3 choice are out.

Players you can consider signing: Ron Vlaar, Nicolas Nkoulou, Ashley Williams, Eder Alvarez Balanta, Mateo Musacchio

Fullbacks

kRIuh6J.png

There is only 3 pure fullbacks here. De Sciglio, Abate and Armero. The rest are centreback by nature. De Sciglio is a talented and versatile fullback and must be kept at all cost. Abate is entering his last year of his contract. As he is injured-proned, you can consider offloading him for about 7-8m. Armero is a decent leftback and should be allow to stay till the end of his loan deal. Depending on where you play De Sciglio, you probably need 1 more pure fullback as backup.

Players you can consider signing: Gino Peruzzi, Matteo Damian, Simone Pepe(loan), Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Central Midfielders/Defensive Midfielders

svXA1Y2.png

Nigel De Jong is another player who is entering his last year of his contract. While he is a very good ball winning midfielder, his high aggression and dive into tackles ppm could get him in trouble with the refs.

Essien and Muntari are both similar players. Essien has better mental attributes but more injury-proned while Muntari make up for his weaker mental attributes with his strong physical attributes. Will suggest to offload 1 of them.

Montolivo, Poli and Van Ginkel are the more creative players here. Unfortunately, Montolivo is out for the 1st 4-5 months because of a broken leg. Even with that, I don't think you need any signings here at the moment. Both Poli or Van Ginkel are good enough to play in the 1st team.

Players you can consider signing: Andre Ayew. Lucas Romero, Matias Kranevitter, Gaston Gil Romero

Attacking Midfielders/Wide Midfielders

EIMkdhc.png

Except for Honda, all the other attacking midfielders are accomplished at playing across the AM strata. Talented El Shaarawy and Honda should be starters with Menez and Bonaventura providing very good backup. As for Saponara, he should be sent out for some valuable game time.

Players you can consider signing: Sebastian Giovinco, Ganso, Andriy Yarmolenko, Jose Antonio Reyes

Strikers

6LBKfIv.png

Not many choices here. The only 2 out to out strikers are Fernando Torres and Pazzini. Can you finally revive Torres career? He is still a striker who knows how to get into good goal scoring positions but poor anticipation could let him down at times. If you can't, then try Pazzini. Decent striker but have an average poor touch. If all things fail, maybe Il Faraone(El Shaarawy) could be your savior.

Players you can consider signing: Jo, Seydou Doumbia, Teofilo Gutierrez, Simone Zaza

Possible Formations

A double pivot 4-2-3-1

With a double pivot, this formation will allow both your fullbacks more freedom to bomb forward to support the 4 attacking players.

*Change the DLP(S) to a DM(S) instead.

u0ZCMko.png

A normal 4-3-3

Honda will be given the freedom to bomb forward from deep to support the lone striker. It will make him harder for opposition to mark him.

5yceNvo.png

I had a torrid time with AC Milan during a brief stint with them in 2014, mid-table to lower european status was all i could achieve in a frustrating spell. The whole Free Transfer into Champions dealeo has me super intrigued, i like AC Milan for signing older established names, as well as a few younger homegrown talents.

After my Arsenal save, i may dive into a save with them. Free Transfer of top players or ageing talent and young italian (and european) prospects.

So glad someone has revived this thread, was almost about do to so myself. I've started a Milan save.. will go in depth later on, I actually sold De Sciglio for 40m to PSG which was used to strengthen all my weaknesses. I know his potential is great but who knocks that sort of cash when you have a board that wont give a decent transfer budget !!

Good write up. I am currently playing an AC Milan save, but unable to progress very far into the pre-season due to crash dumps (FML I hate these....).

So far i've sold alot of low potential youth...trying to sell Muntari also for a bit of extra cash also.

Transfers in so far include:

- Odegaard

- Fierro

I'm trying to buy a cheap / promising midfielder next ($2-3m max) as the entire midfield is fairly old! I read another guide suggesting to sell Poli - he's the only young starting midfielder AC Milan have!

I'm going to take your advice and sell Mexes...I really need to free up my wage budget.

I've been quite impressed with Locatelli so far - playing him as a box to box midfielder (support) in a wide 4231 and he's been dominating.

I had a quick go with Milan (before I start a proper save).

Played a 4231. Abate and De Sciglio both asked to leave as they wanted champs league football but I spoke to them and said no, they could qualify for ECL by staying @ Milan.

Abate signed a new contract but DES agent wouldn't. Maybe he will once qualify @ end of season.

Didn't buy or sell anyone, El Shaarawy was brilliant as AML. Mastour looks like he will be one of the best players in the world in a few seasons (real life and the game).

Got really good scout reports for:

Romagnoli (Roma)

Scuffet (Udinese)

Barbosa (Santos)

Had to stop the game before first Serie A game as I upset a lot of the squad by transfer listing them!

How about someone posts up on the Milan Youth. I know Mastour will be quality along with Andrea Petagna, but get the Milan scouts to give you their recommendations on Andrej Modic he's a central midfielder, Krisztian Tamas he's a fullback, Davide Di Molfetta he's a winger and Davide Pacifico he's a central defender.

I'm currently overseas so I won't be able to get the game until sunday morning. So looking forward to getting stuck right into my Milan save.

Pazzini should be sold, along with Mexes, Zaccardo, Agazzi, Muntari, Niang, Bonera, De Jong and Essien. Recall from loan Petagna, will be promoting Mastour, Tamas, Llamas, Vergara and Di Molfetta………….. (This is what I'll be doing in my Milan save), and will be purchasing…………

Gino Peruzzi DR Catania £3M

Edgar Balanta DC River Plate £6M

Federico Bonazzoli ST Inter Milan £1.73M

Humam Tariq AMC Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya £300K

Alessio Romagnoli DC AS Roma £8M

And if there's enough kitty then I'll try and purchase Youri Tielemans from Anderlecht……… If not enough, then cheaper alternatives are Wilfrid Kaptoum from Barcelona only worth at start £1.77M, Gaston Gil Romero from Estudiantes worth at start £4M or Jesus Vallejo from Zaragoza only worth £1M.

So that's a hell of a lot of £££ being saved in wages, and also hopefully pick up enough coin in selling players so that these targets can be purchased. So that's £28M needed and you start off with £6-7M odd. So only £21-22M is required. Plus there's a lot of dead weight to get rid of in the reserves and youth. And depending on how El Nino (Fernando Torres) is going come January, then I'll either keep him on or cancel the loan and try and loan in someone else. Someone like Aubameyang from Dortmund (seeing as he is a former youth player of Milan believe it or not), Immobile or maybe even Mitrovic. We'll see I guess. Very excited.

If any of you remember me from FM14 and earlier then you know how I like to buy, if not, then I'm all about selling the old and producing youth. Normally after like 5-6 seasons of Milan there'll no longer be any real life players in my team. Only new-gens.

Rebuilt the club from scratch, either sold or loaned out everyone I could and raised £100m.. in return spent £174m and have a small squad, but something im happy to start with and build on:

GK - Mattia Perin

DF - Matteo Darmian, Domagoj Vida, Eder Balanta, Samuel Umtiti, Domenico Cristico

MF - Lucas Romero, Antonio Candreva, Youri Tielemans, Andre Hahn, Javier Pastore, Lorenzo Insigne

AT - Sebastian Giovinco, Simone Zaza

EDIT - Managed to scrape together 26m to get Sami Khedira on deadline day. Its going to be tough to make do, as ive had to free transfer nearly everyone in the u18s and u20s who didnt get a deal elsewhere, so injuries will be a problem for me!

Forgot to add my big sales were 34m El Shaarawy to Monaco, 35m De Sciglio to PSG and I also got just under 10m for Abate to Spurs.

As for incoming; Pastore was 35m, Khedira 26m, Candreva 25m and Insigne 22m.... of the 200m in total spent, id say at least 120m is backdated over 48 months.

1st season we lost in the Coppa Italia Semi Finals to Juventus and come Runners Up in Serie A as Juve' are just unstoppable! We lost just 5 games all year and collected 83pts but still trailed by over 10pts....

Still its not a bad achievement considering we had and used just 16 players all season, albeit without Europe to distract us along the way.

Zaza top scored with 17, whilst Candreva impressed with 10 goals and 21 assists along the way.

Second season and we have raised well over 100m in sales again; however the main guys going out are Balanta to Man City for 50m (42.5m profit) and Romero to Juventus for 29m (22m profit). The latter I wanted to keep but he threw a hissy fit once Juve came knocking :( Then finally Candreva to PSG for 30m, which I was 50/50 on, but its a small profit and with my additions before this deal, I decided to bite.

In come Schurrle and Ramires from Chelsea for a combined 45m, Cerci from Atletico for 21.5m and Musacchio from Real for 15.5m... theres a bit more to play with, but not sure which area I am going to add to as we have a bit more depth with 4 additions to the squad.

EDIT - Couped Kwadwo Asamoah off Juve' for 15m + Khedira... almost like for like, but I prefer Asamoah and he is a couple of years younger.

2nd EDIT - Pepe Reina and Shkodran Mustafi complete my summer purchases to add depth to the squad for Europe.

2nd season and this is my team: 4-3-3 with 3 strikers

Diego Lopez (Leali)

Darmian (DeSciglio) Sule (Rami) Balanta (Romagnoli) Alex Sandro (Gibbs Loan)

L.Romero (Rode loan)

Montolivo (Baselli) Van Ginkel (Honda) also Bonaventura

P.Roberts (Deulofeu) Paloschi (Belotti) El Shaarawy (Giovinco and also Candreva but is injuries)

Mine is everything but Milan:

Perrin (Reina)

Darmian Umtiti Musacchio Cristico (Vida, Mustafi)

Asamoah Ramires Tielemans Cerci Pastore (Insigne, Schurrle, Mastour)

Depay (Zaza)

EDIT - I managed to get Depay by putting all bonuses to low and then shifting wage budget into transfer budget. A 37.5m deal was completed for him... alot, but we had to beat Man City for his signature.

Won the Cup, came 2nd in the League to Juve again... should have won it, but injuries cost us and we lost a couple of bad games to throw it away on the final day.

Europe was miserable, lost to Barcelona in the Last 16; 3-5 on agg.

Not sure if ill bother carrying on, not really attached to the team but ill see how much money I get and who I can shift on and bring in this time round.

This time round its not as busy; signed Illarramendi for 32m, swapped Ramires and 7m to Man City to get Mangala.

Others leaving included Cristico and Vida for decent fees, whilst Mustafi left for 23m to Atletico.

As I type though we push through deals to get Verratti for 49m, Zouma for 45m.... then we ship Mussachio to Chelsea for 40m, to finance a deal for Benzema for the same amount.

First XI likely to be:

Perrin

Carvajal

Zouma

Mangala

Asamoah

Verratti

Illarramendi

Tielemans

Pastore

Depay

Benzema

Bench:

Reina

Umtiti

Darmian

Cerci

Insigne

Schurrle

Mastour

Zaza

EDIT - After listing the team like that I noticed a lack of defensive cover, so in comes Carvajal for 50m and he isl ikely to start over Darmian, who is more versatile.

I think with Milan its not a case of Free Transfers into Champions, as there are alot of assets at the club to sell and bring in the funds to spend big. I mean without any real success in my 2 seasons and now 3rd pre-season, I have spent a total of £582m, sold players to the value of £318.5m and have a running transfer debt of £266m - net of £431m :D

Managed to win Serie A on the final day by virtue of results between teams as we top Juventus for the first time. We then miss out on a domestic treble (of sorts) as although we had already won the Super Cup, we lose 1-0 to Roma in the Coppa Italia Final.

Anyway the board have already put 100m aside for next season... im expecting that to increase, could well be a big summer of recruting.

Europe was again miserable, this time a 2-3agg loss to Man City in the Last 16...

Season 4, Europe is the aim this time; 4 in, Alcacer for 50m, Courtois 50m, Iturbe 50m and Alba 57m.

The notable outs are Zaza for 8m and Benzema who was a disaster scoring just 11 times for 22m to Roma.

EDIT - Apologies for being the post whore on here... but I sold Illaramendi to Atletico for 29.5m as we managed to persuade Thiago to sign from Bayern for 68m.

I think we are done for this season, thats 5 huge signings for us! And we should line up like:

Courtois

Carvajal

Mangala

Zouma

Alba

Verratti

Tielemans

Thiago

Depay

Iturbe

Alcacer

2nd EDIT - out of the blue Chelsea go for Perrin, I negotiate a 30m deal and am happy to let him go as he wont accept being a no.2 behind Courtois. I go looking for a backup keeper, but my head is turned at Pierre Emile Hojberg becomes available from Bayern, so 20m is sent their way and the Norweigan comes mine.

The last of the real Milan players finally goes as Wigan take Mastour for 3m.. a bargain maybe, but he hasnt done much for me and is not likely to. We can always bring him back if he does turn out any good.. its only ££££ :D

As for a keeper, its Claudio Bravo in from Barcelona for a nominal amount to backup Courtois.

Then as I think im set, I see Reus is unhappy at Dortmund.... I look at my squad and think Pastore has had 3 years and its enough of him, so offer him out and ironically Dortmund offer 31.5m and I take it.

As for Reus, well my head is turned another way once again as at 28 im thinking, its a year and done for him at this club.... Thomas Muller says no, but then a 50m deal is setup to bring in Varane from Real Madrid... i take that and am now looking to ship on Umtiti and still bring in another midfielder. (Expect an EDIT 3!)

EDIT 3 - Didnt take long tbh, Umtiti goes to Monaco for 24m... I didnt want to do it, but now I dont have a 4th Centre Back to cater for as Varane, Mangala and Zouma will rotate.

Onto the midfield option and its a mad one, but we had to bite... Paul Pogba, I negotiated hard but Juve pushed me all the way and a 200m deal was done... yeah World Record breaking 200m! It pushes our spending for this season to £549m, compared to just £149m raised via sales.

Unbelievably the transfer debt stands at £579m! So if my Lithuanian backer walks, we could be in trouble :D

Pogba though :D

Managed to win Serie A on the final day by virtue of results between teams as we top Juventus for the first time. We then miss out on a domestic treble (of sorts) as although we had already won the Super Cup, we lose 1-0 to Roma in the Coppa Italia Final.

Anyway the board have already put 100m aside for next season... im expecting that to increase, could well be a big summer of recruting.

Europe was again miserable, this time a 2-3agg loss to Man City in the Last 16...

That is just ludacris, I can't help but to think of potential cheating involved……. Solely due to the amount of ££££ being spent.

Need some screenshots to think otherwise. Starting my Milan save now, let me show you how it's done. lol

Well ive only just got the tycoon half way through season 3....

Basically how I get to spend so much is the following:

Put as much as a transfer as i can over 48 months, this quadruples the budget essentially

Cut down Signing on Fees/Agent Fees as best I can, giving over options ie like 50% yearly wage rise, 50% of sell on fee etc

At the start of the game I offered every player out for transfer from the 1st squad, U20s and u18s. Any player that didnt go, was terminated including for example Montolivo who cost me £4.7m to terminate, but it didnt effect my budget negatively but the opposite as I had his salary removed from my weekly cost.

Essentially I run a 1st team squad, my U20s and u18s are just grey players, I free transfer every youth product immediately to prevent them taking up any salary.

All competition bonuses are set to low at the start of the season to increase my budget

I always push the board to give me 100% revenue from transfers as well, so for example most seasons I sold around 100m of talent.... this immediately gives me a big budget as I can use the 48 month option to maximise my fees... hence the huge transfer debt of over £500m

What screenshots do you want to see? There is no cheating involved, just maximising of funds.

EDIT - To note that the Pogba deal was a pure 200m over 48 months, so iirc the immediate transfer budget cost was around 40m or so.. some people care about the finances of their club, I dont, im here to manage and will spend every last penny :D

My 1st season review but I think I'm going to restart it. Haven't really build the team I'm hoping for. Going to sell players like De Jong and Abate(too injury-proned).

Yes, 34 games in and the team was crowned champions. KO by Juventus in the Italian Cup semi-finals.

8eDU8hi.png

A team effort. Don't really have a real top scorer.

xfFaZcq.png

Valencia is really a godly loan signing. He was extremely fit and never gets injured like Abate or Pepe(never ever match fit).

5p42hM4.png

My tactic.

hGVXOl2.png

As for my team its been an indifferent 4th season:

Won the SuperCup as standard

Clinched Serie A with 8 games remaining and banged in over 100 goals and collecting 100pts to boot :D

Lost in the Semi Final of the Coppa Italia as we blow up and have 3 sent off against Roma

Somehow collapse in the Champions League last 16 once again, after winning 6 of 6 in the group, we go down 3-5 on agg to Arsenal :(

Not sure where I go from here tbh

Maybe fewer turnover of players? Have you got any good youngsters coming through?

I dont have any other players outside of my first team squad of 18. All youth players are instantly given a free transfer, so my U20s and U18s are just those grey players.

Buy and Sell is my game :D

Well I guess buy and sell more then. lol:p

Seems only crazy to stop now.

Seeing as you put it like that :D

Out go Schurrle for 23m and Asamoah for 13m as neither were ever too happy about being a backup and I had to find them games too often for my liking... especially Asamoah who has lost it.

Hojbjerg who never really settled in leaves for 40m as we double our money on him in 1 year, hes off to Man City. Whilst Jordi Alba lasts just 1 season at the club as well, Juve cough up the 33m I am happy to take for him.

This years budget is a cool 200m... expect an Edit or 2 on this post ;)

EDIT - Here we go then, all records to be broken (well at least equaled anyhow!)

James Rodriguez 200m

Oscar 200m

David Alaba 200m

Mario Gotze 200m

Sergei Samper 200m

Marquinhos 200m

Raheem Sterling 200m

Gabriel Barbosa 35m

Only Barbosa cost me anything up front - 5m

The rest is just stupid tbh, I know I have a tycoon but that is madness.. I have backdated the best part of 1.5 BILLION QUID! in transfer fees :D

Also might as well note I sold Tielemans to Juve for 30m as I actually felt bad that he was never going to play anymore!

Luke Shaw signs for 200m as well.

The Squad then for Season 5 is:

GK - Courtois / Bravo

DR - Carvajal / Darmian

DL - Alaba / Shaw

DC - Marquinhos / Zouma / Mangala / Varane

MC - Samper / Pogba / Thiago / Verratti

MR - Sterling / Oscar / Gotze

ML - Depay / James Rodriguez / Iturbe

ST - Alcacer / Barbosa

Alot of players are flexible, but if that team dont win it all - I give up :D

Why not look at some the new-gens ????Surely being 5 seasons in there must be at least 1-2 star players available ?!?!?!

Possibly idk - I dont use Scouts so I just go on what I see, ie stats and AVR etc

Down the line I expect more to be showing, but atm these guys are still top of their game.

Just started a Milan save.

Didn't have the best transfer window tbh, didn't know who I really wanted so got Gaston Gil Romero in for 7 million and sold Essien.

Last day of the window Torres got a 3 month injury so i've got Harry Kane in on loan, as he was the only serviceable striker I could get.

It's going alright though, playing a 4-2-3-1

Lopez

De Sciglio Alex Rami Abate

De Jong Gil Romero

El Shaarawy Honda Menez

Pazzini

Take it is a similar squad to everyone elses really.

Want to get rid of a lot of the dead wood in January like Zaccardo, Bonera, etc although I'm wary that the end of the season I'll have loans finishing and contracts running out and little idea of any future transfer budget.

I dont get why you all play Milan as if they are budget restricted? Or dont you like losing the identity of the team and selling players?

I mean Abate, De Sciglio and El Shaarawy will easily bring in 80m... 80m can easily be 150m or so if you spread the transfers out? Enough to replace them and buy better than what the squad has.

I don't like that, I prefer to buy youth and develop them and then sell. I'm all about youth.

Here's my transfer dealings so far……….

Free transfers i've purchased are Alex Meret GK from Udinese high potential, Pavel Savitskiy AM with huge potential and also eventual value of £40M+ not bad from a free transfer and finally Kristoffer Ajer DM with the likelihood of being worth £40M+. Also, completed the signing of £495K for the the Iraqi wonder kid Humam Tariq.

May need to play a 4-2-3-1 formation instead of 4-3-3 DM wide.

Also chasing Depay, Balanta, Romero, Romagnoli, Tielemans, Bonazzoli, Balanta and Cerri.

I've promoted to my first team Mastour, Niang, Llamas and Trentino.

With a lot of players being sold, the entire under 20's are going and keeping only 18 players in the U18's. Eventually i'll only have 4.5 star potential players in my U18's. Anyone below that is sold or not signed.

I dont get why you all play Milan as if they are budget restricted? Or dont you like losing the identity of the team and selling players?

I mean Abate, De Sciglio and El Shaarawy will easily bring in 80m... 80m can easily be 150m or so if you spread the transfers out? Enough to replace them and buy better than what the squad has.

I like to build a team with some original players. Everyone has their own management style so I don't think there is any wrong any type of manager. Like IRL, Jose Mourinho seldom groom youngsters and normally just buy players to fit his tactics.

Archived