what determines ticket prices?

If the human player could set the ticket price IMO it would be a plus in terms of management.

The human player would have to choose the proper balance between income and stadium supporters number with 1-2 clicks each match, simple, quick and efficient.

Don't think many managers have input into a clubs ticket pricing strategy!

Why not aslo negotiable advertising rates for the pitch side hoardings, or have a slider to increase the amount of salt on the chips at the concourse burger bar...

Whilst it's unrealistic for managers to be the ones who set the ticket prices, perhaps we could have a board request added in next year's edition to either put the ticket prices up or reduce them. This is in line with the other type of requests we can make like upgrading facilities, building a new ground, etc. Then as with the others it's down to the board to say yes or no.

It's set in the DB to start with. I'm not exactly sure of the mechanic that takes over when the game starts, but my impression is that the prices are updated each season based on whether or not they are sold out or not. It won't be dramatic changes though, unless promoted to a better league. On FM14 I was stuck with a 12500 capacity stadium long after the club has gone worldwide. Ticket prices slowly rose each year until they seemingly reached a cap of £50 pr match and £1k for a season ticket. That cap might be set for England only, not sure. It is possible to have higher prices than the cap, but only if set in the DB (Arsenal is an example of that).

I think ticket prices depend on team reputation and the league playing in, at least in football manager. Of course the better the rep the higher the prices.

I also like the idea of having more control over finances. Ticket prices, sponsorships, tours that can be controlled by the manager or like everything else in the game it can be delegated to a staff member. To at least have it as a choice for the player. This would definitely give another dimension and longevity of the game.

Why not aslo negotiable advertising rates for the pitch side hoardings, or have a slider to increase the amount of salt on the chips at the concourse burger bar...

Agree.

Anyway it's a game and f.i. money earned by the manager into FM can't be spent nor invested, so what's the point of manager's salary into FM ? :)

Maybe in later additions we could have tracksuit manager option / tactics manager option and of course football director option where you can set ticket prices, organize sponsors deals and sell and buy shares in the club.

Ah that was a good game. What was it called again? Premier Manager?

The thing is though, the reputation of a club deosn't denote ticketing prices. Just take a look at the Bundesliga, Bayern Munchen and Dortmund are at the lower end of the scale, where Leverkursen is one of the highest and Cottbus is pretty high as well.

So I geuss it comes down to the board, or in Bayern's case, a sponsor contribution to make tickets cheaper.

Agree.

Anyway it's a game and f.i. money earned by the manager into FM can't be spent nor invested, so what's the point of manager's salary into FM ? :)

Higher the salary, less likely for you to get sacked.

If you are on low salary, your club don't have to pay large compensation to sack you, so that is the answer.

• 5 months later...

I would appreciate some clarification about ticket prices as well. I have taken St Albans to the premier league and in my third season in that league I have the highest average ticket price in the world (around 67 euros) and the second highest season ticket price behind Arsenal. I still have only a 20,000 seat stadium where I average 85% attendance and sell out only 2-3 times a year.

The prices for my games seem a bit high relative to my club status. My average attendance is the lowest in the league. In fact my maximum capacity is lower than the average attendance of every other club in the league. Something seems a bit off.

I'd be interested to find this out. I'm Energie Cottbus in my second season in Bundesliga. My ticket price is €11 and season ticket €150. Ticket sales are killing me.

Ticket prices in Germany are among the lowest of all the main European leagues.

Is it because so many of the German clubs are owned by the supporters? I think I read somewhere that this is the case, maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyway, it's something I would want to see in rl football; the club has to be owned (51%) by the supporters, and the supporters having the majority of board members. But that's another discussion.

Is it because so many of the German clubs are owned by the supporters? I think I read somewhere that this is the case, maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyway, it's something I would want to see in rl football; the club has to be owned (51%) by the supporters, and the supporters having the majority of board members. But that's another discussion.

A few articles on the issue:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/apr/11/bundesliga-premier-league

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-22625160

Summed up: "We do not think the fans are like cows to be milked. Football has got to be for everybody. That's the biggest difference between us and England."

I've not kept tabs a lot on my ticket prices in my current save, but I'm selling out every single game and we have the most expensive tickets in the Premier League. This must be a correlation, and something that happens if you cannot expand your capacity.