FM15 - The Sky Bet Football League thread

Jogo Bonito

A quick Plymouth update, currently top of the league after 30 games played, 17 won, 7 draws and 6 losses, Reuben Reid still top goalscorer with 28 league goals so far in 27 games, he is currently 2nd in the league for best average rating with 7.53, top of the average ratings in the league is Mr.Plymouth Curtis Nelson who has an 8.00 average rating, Bobby Reid and Lewis Alessandra has the best assist record in the league with 10 each, going well so far, finances are doing ok as well with the transfer clauses and the successful fan days I have had, the last fan day got me 10,000 fans in the ground.

Excellent stuff. The board did really well with those transfer clauses, and the fan day attendances prove there is enormous potential down there. As a way of comparison, I just had a fan day at Carlisle where we took on 2nd placed Newport (we were 4th) and it only attracted just over 5,000 spectators. Reuben Reid is really doing the business for you, with a fantastic scoring ratio there.

That's a positive close-season Gunner, great results and a useful link with Leicester. It's nice to see you renew three loans and sign two of them permanently, I'm a firm believer in loyalty and continuity in L1/L2. If Nabi can do what he did before, you're going to be right up there - and if the other three new arrivals make a decent contribution the dragon will be content. I'm assuming that she wouldn't have been happy in Bradford, and would only have agreed to a switch if it had been Cardiff...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Jogo!

Yeah it was good that we managed to keep hold of the loanees, especially Nabi who I thought might have been unavailable. Jerome Sinclair seems an exciting prospect and I'm hopeful that the strike force will bang plenty of goals in between them.

I think she would happy with a move to Wrexham ;)

Nice updates everyone and that mini-dragon seems to have full control over your injuries :cool:

Personally I haven't played that much (that's what a new PS4 does....:rolleyes:) but have actually come into March now.

EYJLk0z.png

Solid matches and Pollard is now pretty close to shoving Aneke out of the team. Annoyingly Aston Villa continue to be a thorn in my side and I believe I only have beaten them once in my career. A "funny" sidenote is that after the Villa game we have had a little break to the 14th of March :eek: It's a bit worrying also that the games after the break is Man City (H), Arsenal (H) and Liverpool (A).

During this time we had our youth intake and I probably got the best graduate so far from our academy. To top of those nice stats he is also professional as well as relishes big matches. The only worrying part is his low natural fitness and concentration but hopefully he will be our main RB for a long time to come :)

New technique to make my players run faster, set Frankie on them! :D

Why such a long break? Guessing internationals and out of cup competitions? Did you arrange any friendlies during that spell in order to keep match fitness up?

Brownfield looks good, stamina and work rate are very high for someone so young too. Hopefully he will develop into a top player for you.

New technique to make my players run faster, set Frankie on them! :D

Why such a long break? Guessing internationals and out of cup competitions? Did you arrange any friendlies during that spell in order to keep match fitness up?

Brownfield looks good, stamina and work rate are very high for someone so young too. Hopefully he will develop into a top player for you.

Internationals and the matches against both City and Arsenal was moved due to their CL-runs. Well, I would have arranged some friendlies but I noticed a bit too late :D So I had to do with putting most of the first team eligble for some U21 games.

Sammo: Good start at Plymouth, looks like you've made some good signings there too! George Green was class for me when I had him on loan at Notts County for 2 seasons - as you can see here. I tried to get him again on loan this season for the Championship, but Everton wanted him to play with higher quality players unfortunately.

I also signed Hoganson and he's proved a solid back-up left back for me, so should do well for you in League Two.

Green is really standing out for me in League 2. Everton have become my parent club, so will hopefully be able to get a few more like him in the future.

Gunner - so unlucky not to go up. Getting Nabi back is a great bit of business. Notice you forgot to add your bearded dragon to the 'Staff in' section of your update though :)

Jogo - you look like you are set to have a solid season, with some good results ... Especially in the cups !!

Adzke - wow, Rhodes is havering an incredible season and you've had a great season.

Well done Mr Delph on promotion !

Ronaldo Beckham - cheers for pointing out the clause you can get at Plymouth. Has proven very handy. Looks like things are going very well for you. Especially Reid, I was gutted to lose him for 4 months but he is back and banging goals in now

Just finished the season with Blackburn. Finished in first place with 99 points (I was aiming for 100...), and the finances are in the black for the first time since I took over!

I even won the FA Cup! Beating out Tottenham and Man Utd on my way to the final against City. I haven't had a save this much fun for a long time, really.

Now I'm going to face an uphill battle trying to keep Jordan Rhodes, I figure. He's told me he'd like me to accept an offer from Liverpool, but I'm hoping none arrive. At least I hope I can sell him at a real high price.

He ended up scoring 48 goals in 46 league games, bringing his total to 63 for the year.

Got promoted with 6 games to go, won the league with 4 games to go, broke another record with a regen of 15 years old breaking the record for youngest Plymouth debut, got 188k to spend on transfers, chucked that all into my wage budget, I have 20k in wages spare and barely have to sign anyone, looking forward to being in League 1.

Another quick update, Reuben Reid gets League 2 player of the year, he got 38 goals in 43 appearances in the end, I also got Manager Of The Year.

Congrats on your titles at Blackburn and Plymouth - each of you having a prolific striker certainly helped, but very impressive seasons from you both.

Not a bad month for you FjollFan, hopefully you're well rested and able to surprise some of those bigger teams when you finish your break.

Green is really standing out for me in League 2. Everton have become my parent club, so will hopefully be able to get a few more like him in the future.

I have Everton as my parent club too, they've been great as they have an excellent youth academy so always have quality players willing to lend me :)

Glad to hear that Green is doing the business for you too!

Plymouth Season 2014/15 mid season update

2vrykbr.jpg

Results

ulj80.png

20jpnoo.png

Aside from the thumping we got at the hands of Luton, we have had a very solid set of results. Plenty of clean sheets in there, 18 of them. We have relied quite heavily on loanees Green, Fosu and Kiwomya as well as Reuben Reid since he made his return from injury and a solid defence. We managed to knock Peterborough out of the FA Cup, which is a good sign if we manage to go up. Unfortunately Derby were too strong and we went out.

Table

vrbrk5.png

We are in a very strong position and look good for promotion. Having the extra promotion spot makes it a very strong possibility, but were we are now I would expect the title.

Transfers

htfkvo.png

Just the one signing, signed on deadline day. Anthony Grant was brought in to provide competition in the 3 man midfield. We are relying too much on our loan signings and after letting Blizzard go and find more football, this was a much needed signing. He has plenty of League One experience if we are to go up as well.

Things are going very well indeed Sammo! And Grant should prove to be a decent signing. Good luck for the rest of the season and your promotion charge.

Saturday 8th August 2015

Barnsley 1-3 Rochdale

A repeat of the last game of last season saw us come away with the perfect start to the new season. Two goals in a minute gave us the perfect foundations to build on as Ashley Eastham and then Adil Nabi grabbed goals. Nabi grabbed his second goal on the 82nd minute to seal the victory. Barnsley grabbed a late consolation through Kane Hemmings.

Ashley Eastham and Adil Nabi were both selected in the League One Team of the Week.

Tuesday 11th August 2015

Rochdale 2-2 Peterborough United (5-4 on pens)

We had to battle in this Capital One Cup First Round but prevailed on penalties which was throughly deserved. Peterborough took the lead through Christian Burgess. Jerome Sinclair, on for his debut following an earlier injury to David Mooney, equalised with a tidy finish from 17 yards. As we entered extra time Adil Nabi got up above the defence to head home from a corner. With the clock ticking down, The Posh grabbed an equaliser to take the tie to penalties. Josh Lillis was the hero in penalties, saving one to ensure we advanced 5-4 on penalties.

Saturday 15th August 2015

Rochdale 0-1 Blackpool

A tough game against recently relegated Blackpool ended in defeat as we missed the chances to gain the victory. Jacob Mellis headed home to give Blackpool the 3 points.

Tuesday 18th August 2015

Rochdale 1-0 Sheffield United

We recorded a somewhat fortuitous victory over Sheffield United as a harsh penalty gave Scott Tanser the chance to score from the spot. Tanser put the penalty away and that was that.

Saturday 22nd August 2015

Peterborough United 0-3 Rochdale

Adil Nabi opened the scoring in what was a repeat of the Capital One Cup game just a week earlier. Febian Brandy doubled the advantage with a strike from 20 yards on the hour mark. Nabi stepped up again to seal the points with a deftly executed finish on 84 minutes. Lloyd Jones suffered a gashed lower leg and will miss the next 3 weeks.

Kyle Letheren, Sean Long, Ashley Eastham, Scott Tanser, Ian Henderson and Febian Brandy were selected in the League One Team of the Week.

Tuesday 25th August 2015

West Ham United 2-1 Rochdale

A tough away trip in the Capital One Cup Second Round to Premier League West Ham United ended in defeat. Diafra Sakho opened the scoring. Adil Nabi equalised on 71 minutes with a simple tap in. Unfortunately Jamaal Lascelles headed home on 90 minutes to put us on the wrong end of the 2-1 scoreline. Peter Vincenti suffered a damaged achilles tendon and will be out for between 3-4 months.

Saturday 29th August 2015

Rochdale 0-0 Rotherham United

Despite keeping possession and creating numerous chances, we had to settle for a point against the recently relegated side.

Season Goalscorer’s: League/Cup

Adil Nabi - 4/2

Ashley Eastham - 1/0

Jerome Sinclair - 0/1

Scott Tanser - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Transfers Out:

Joel Logan - Forest Green Rovers - Season Long Loan

The young winger is the second player to join the newly established feeder club. Joel Logan spent time at newly promoted Forest Green Rovers last season and so will enter familiar surroundings.

End of Month Round-Up - August 2015

A tough start to the season was handled well as we faced 5 potential promotion rivals, 2 of those recently relegated from the league above. A tough game at West Ham also meant a cup run was going to be hard but we did ourselves proud. A bye in the JPT means we at least miss having to play an extra game so soon into the season. With the transfer window set to close on the 1st September there’s still potential for players to leave and players to be brought in.

Sky Bet League One - 3rd (1st-24th)

Capital One Cup - Lost in Second Round (v West Ham United)

FA Cup - Not Entered Yet

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy - Not Entered Yet

League One Player of the Month - Adil Nabi (Winner)

League One Manager of the Month - Thomas Timson & Frankie (3rd)

Well done Gunner - looks like you handled a tricky start very well, it's always nice beating your promotion rivals to let them know your intentions early doors. Good to see Nabi still bagging goals for fun, have a feeling he will be key again for you this season.

Well done Gunner - looks like you handled a tricky start very well, it's always nice beating your promotion rivals to let them know your intentions early doors. Good to see Nabi still bagging goals for fun, have a feeling he will be key again for you this season.

Yeah it wasn't a bad start at all considering who we have faced. Nabi has been brilliant and he's started well again.

It's going very well indeed sammo, but watch out for those Grecians!! I have a feeling you will see it through and be polishing up that trophy over the summer months.

Impressive start again Gunner. As Gizmo said, Nabi looks set for another superb season. I'm sure you can handle the expectations - especially knowing that Frankie says relax every time you feel under pressure. Nice of the FL to recognize you both on the nomination for Manager of the Month award too ;)

Gunner - Grant has looked good in his first few games. Things going well for you in what likes like a very challenging set of fixtures. Thanks for beating Sheffield United!

Jogo - Back down to second now, Shrewsbury have leapfrogged me and are looking strong. Think the title chase will go right to the wire. Exeter have dropped out of the play off places now, so I think I should be safe from them for now ... Hopefully :)

@Jogo: Cheers mate. Things didn't go exactly as planned but more on that in my next update :)

@sammo: Grant should be class for you although for me he had a tendency to get a few too many red cards for my liking.

@Gunner: Nice start, promotion should be achievable for you this season :)

The start has definitely giving me confidence that this season can be a success. I managed to get one more signing over the line, a £120k signing from a team in the Championship and then we went and beat top of the league, away from home in the first game of September.

I am still with Watford...... I dont know how we managed to win the league with 77 points tally.... Pure luck and now i am very scared cos i just feel i will be sacked soon... There is no way we can do it again.... And I have been taken over by a group of consortium.... I made Tielemans permanent and additional signings like javier hernandez, Ricardo krishna, Sam byram and Siebe Schrijvers....

Transfers

Transfers%202016%20-%202017_zps9k5agup9.png

Siebe Schrijvers - Wonderkid

Siebe%20Schrijvers_zpsbcvabprz.png

Ricardo Krishna

Ricardo%20Kishna_zpsnexxispy.png

Ramirez had to be loaned out because of WP issue....

Will Hughes, Tielemans and Roberts are improving well... Sadly for me Delle Alli isnt improving as expected.....

Roberts

Patrick%20Roberts_zpsflrwfj2k.png

Will Hughes

Will%20Hughes_zpslx5tzvrj.png

Youri Tielemans

Youri%20Tielemans_zpsl6mjj5tw.png

Carlisle_%20%20Profile_zpsb49g7sjw.png

I'm now at the end of February 2016, and Carlisle United are still in contention for promotion. A play-off spot is looking very attainable, but of course in this league anything is possible. It's much more doubtful whether we can grab one of the three automatic slots, as we haven't been in one of those places for just over four months now. However, we have remained inside the all-important top seven all season, and with 13 league games to go, it's in our own hands. 38 goals in 33 league games isn't very impressive (same for the leaders actually), with only 17 coming in our last 17 League 2 fixtures. Our defence though, is generally very reliable.

The team I fear most is MK Dons, who have been hovering around 3rd/4th place for most of the term, but have a squad of immense strength and quality. In the winter window alone they spent £1.5m on new players, with the likes of Matthew Briggs (£550k), Shane Lowery (£475k) and Jordan Clarke (£425k) boosting their defence. They already had Alex Pritchard (£650k), Adam Smith (£1m), Seko Fofana (£425k), Scott Laird (£550k), Shane Ferguson (loan) and Donervon Daniels (loan) since last summer, along with a lethal striking pair of Ismail Isa (£300k) and Adil Nabi (loan). In fact, having spent over £5m this season, it's incredible they aren't runaway leaders. Shrewsbury have been top most of the season, but Accrington have really surprised me again, following their play-off finish last time around.

Our Cup form since my last update has been very contrasting, as we lost a very winnable FA Cup Round 1 fixture at home to divisional rivals Chesterfield in November. To be fair, I was more disappointed that we had missed an opportunity to gain some financial benefits that may have come our way with a decent run, but even so, I would have expected a better showing than that. On the other hand, we have battled our way in to the final of the JPT after a tremendous home win in the Northern area final over Accrington saw us emerge on aggregate. We'll face Leyton Orient at Wembley in March as we look to repeat our triumph of 2011.

We've had to rotate the squad quite a bit over the past four months as players have been in and out through injury. That's not to say it's been a reason for any of our dropped points, as it's generally only been a couple of players at a time, and it's given a few more minutes to some of the fringe members of the squad.

The January window was, as expected, quiet again. I generally don't like to do too much in the winter window, and this time all I did was add a couple of loanees. Teenage goalkeeper Dean Henderson (a Carlisle fan) arrived from Manchester United until the end of the season because of an injury to normal back-up Dan Hanford, and I've also taken teenage defender Matthew Clarke on loan from Ipswich as I wanted to take a look at him before confirming my plan to release Danny Grainger at the end of the season. If Clarke impresses, I intend to make a bid to keep him at the club next year.

I finally managed to move Anthony Griffith out of the club in January, with my old friends from Exeter kindly taking him off my hands on a free transfer. They even wanted Danny Kearns on a free transfer, but unfortunately couldn't complete the deal for financial reasons. Jack Laird was granted another loan move (Guiseley) and it's likely I will release him at the end of this season.

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-57_zps5jcyew5o.png

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-58_zpsgpbryvip.png

Competitions_%20%20Competitions-33_zpsoim2axfp.png

Well in Jogo and good luck with your date at Wembley! Promotion is well within your grasp, but I must say that the lack of goals is quite worrying.. Hopefully goal difference won't be a factor come May.

How's Nabi doing at MK Dons btw? Must be pretty lethal on that league considering how well he's been doing for me in the league above!

Saturday 5th September 2015

Leyton Orient 0-1 Rochdale

A tough away game to top of the table Leyton Orient gave us a tricky start to September. Ian Henderson, playing in an attacking midfield role due to injuries saw him score a long range goal which hit the post before going in.

Ian Henderson was selected in the League One Team of the Week.

Saturday 12th September 2015

Ashley Eastham agreed a new contract with the club. Eastham has been on form this season producing an average rating of 7.44. The new deal will see him stay at the club until 2017 with the option of a further year.

Rochdale 1-2 Scunthorpe United

Another tough game saw 3rd placed Scunthorpe visit Spotland. Scott Tanser opened the scoring with a 22 yard free kick. Scunthorpe equalised through Lyle Taylor. Then the game changed as both Keith Keane and Miguel Llera were sent off within 7 minutes of each other. It was Scunthorpe who adapted the better though with Taylor grabbing his second goal to give Scunthorpe 3 valuable points.

Scott Tanser was selected in the League One Team of the Week.

Tuesday 15th September 2015

Plymouth Argyle 0-2 Rochdale

Quality of possession provided the foundations for a solid away win at Plymouth. An error from the Plymouth defence let Adil Nabi in to open the scoring. Nabi completed the scoring on 67 minutes.

Saturday 19th September 2015

Rochdale 2-1 Coventry City

We was in control of this game as we pushed Coventry to one side. Adil Nabi gave us the lead from close range on 26 minutes. Captain Stephen Dawson doubled the advantage on 63 minutes. A harsh penalty decision meant Coventry grabbed a 90th minute equaliser.

Tuesday 22nd September 2015

Pete Dewhurst agreed terms on his first professional deal with the club. The 17 year old midfielder signed a deal contracting him to the club until 2018. With the potential to become a good Championship player in the future I am glad to see him sign up to the club.

Saturday 26th September 2015

Walsall 0-2 Rochdale

2 goals inside the first ten minutes settled this match as first Jamie Allen then Ian Henderson scored to ensure we came away from Walsall with 3 points.

Adil Nabi - 7/2

Scott Tanser - 2/0

Ian Henderson - 2/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/0

Jerome Sinclair - 0/1

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Jamie Allen - 1/0

Transfers In:

Toumani Diagouraga - £120k - Brentford

Diagouraga has joined the club after he was transfer listed by Brentford. The 6 foot 2 midfielder is a naturally fit and strong determined midfielder who will add a bit of presence to the midfield area and I’m hopeful he will compliment the much smaller Jamie Allen.

Transfers Out:

Sean McGinty - 5 Month Loan - Forest Green Rovers

McGinty will join teammates Logan and Cannon on loan at feeder club Forest Green. McGinty had a good loan spell at FC Halifax in the Vanarama Conference last season and I’m hopeful the step up can see McGinty continue his progress.

Jonathan Diba - 1 Month Loan - Stalybridge Celtic *Extended for a Further 4 Months*

Diba will join Vanarama Conference North side Stalybridge for one month in order to gain first team experience. Having previously spent time out on loan in the Vanarama Conference North last season I’m hopeful he can perform like he did last time with North Ferriby. The 17 year old goalkeeper has the potential to be a good Championship goalkeeper if he reaches his potential.

Billy Hasler-Cregg - 1 Month Loan - Boston United *Extended for a Further 4 Months*

Hasler-Cregg will join Vanarama Conference North side. With the potential to develop into a decent Championship player I’m hopeful that some first team football will benefit his development.

Japhet Mata - 1 Month Loan - AFC Fylde

Mata will join AFC Fylde on loan for a month in order to gain some first team experience. This is Mata’s last chance to show that he has the potential to succeed at the club otherwise he will may well be released in the summer.

Pete Dewhirst - 1 Month Loan - Worcester City

Dewhirst, having recently agreed his first professional contract has joined Worcester City on loan. I’m hopeful that Dewhirst will get his first taste of professional football whilst out on loan and help him towards his development.

Sky Bet League One - 1st (1st-24th)

FA Cup - Not Entered Yet

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy - North Second Round (v Morecambe)

League One Young Player of the Month - Scott Tanser (2nd)

League One Manager of the Month - Thomas Timson & Frankie (2nd)

Plymouth Argyle Season Review 2014/15

7121d3.jpg

Table

ri5a50.png

We made it up. Quite a comfortable promotion, unfortunately though Shrewsbury beat us to the league title. They had a very strong season, nearly hitting 100 points. We scored the most and only the champions had a better defensive record. Hopefully we can adapt well to life in League 1 now.

Fixtures

2u4r5eo.png

If it had not been for a very poor run in February we would have won the league. The poor results coincided with an injury to Tariqe Fosu who was a big performer for us, as you can see by the amount of goals he scored. The final game of the season had all the potential to be a massive game, but unfortunately ended as a dead rubber as Shrewsbury had already wrapped up the title before we could do battle

Squad

Keepers

Shwan Jalal - 41 apps, 6.85 average rating - Jalal managed to pick up 19 clean sheets in his 41 appearances. He had a really good 1st half to the season, but his form dipped after an injury and he has not really been the same since

James Bittner - 8 apps, 6.65 average rating - Bittner was good cover for Jalal. Not sure he will ever be first choice, but he kept 4 clean sheets and looked steady.

Cory Harvey - 2 apps, 6.95 average rating - The 17 year old could have a good future. Looked impressive in his two games and is yet to concede a goal. Could be trusted as no.2 next season if needed.

Defence

Kelvin Mellor - 47 apps, 6.95 average rating, 0 goals - A really solid season from Mellor. Undisputed 1st choice right back. May look to add some competition for him though so he doesn't become complacent.

Curtis Nelson - 41 apps, 7.25 average rating, 0 goals - The captain, and was missed when not available. That was evident in the 5-1 loss at Luton. First name on the team sheet.

Peter Hartley - 24 apps, 7.13 average rating, 1 goal - 1st choice alongside Curtis Nelson. Was not fit as much as I would have liked but was very solid when fit.

Carl Mchugh - 28 apps, 7.04 average rating, 2 goals - Was excellent cover if Nelson or Hartley were missing. Great in the air and popped up with a couple of of goals too. Could potentially stake a claim to be first choice next season

Aaron Bentley - 6 apps, 6.58 average rating, 0 goals - Not really ready for first team football, Will probably be loaned out or let go.

Ben Purrington - 37 apps, 7.09 average rating, 0 goals - Got better as the season went on and cemented his place as 1st choice by the end of the season. Showing plenty of potential and should have a big future with the club.

Michael Hoganson - 15 apps, 6.65 average rating, 0 goals - Never really got much of a look due to Purringtons good form. Never let me down when called upon though

Centre midfielders

Anthony O'Connor - 40 apps, 6.83 average rating, 1 goal - Made the holding midfield role his own. A key player in the side and did all the dirty work.

Lee cox - 24 apps, 6.72, 0 goals - played 2nd fiddle but filled in various roles in the middle of the pitch and was always a consistent performer. His defensive work was key for us.

Anthony Grant - 15 apps, 7.03, 3 goals - Came in January and added a lot to the squad. Played in a box to box role, and was superb at it. Scored a few goals too with his fantastic late runs into the box.

Bobby Reid - 42 apps, 7.01, 1 goals - Played mainly as a box to box midfielder until Grant signed, then filled in for Grant at the end of the season in the AP role. A good performer, and will be tough to get him back next season. Bristol City will be silly to let him go unless they go up. Would have liked a few more goals from him, but can not complain overall.

George Green - 32 apps, 7.35, 14 goals - A class act. 14 goals and 4 assists. He contributed so much to the side. I will do everything I can to get him back next year.

Wingers

Tarique Fosu - 38 apps, 7.28, 14 goals - Can not speak highly enough of this guy. Massive part of the side. We missed him when he wasn't there and scored some important much winners. Fantastic dribbler. Like Green, I will be doing everything I can to bring him back next season

Alex Kiwomya - 29 apps, 7.07 average rating, 7 goals - His pace was invaluable and a great outlet. Led to plenty of goals on the counter attack.

Jason Bantom - 30 apps, 6.96 average rating, 5 goals - A good season, Rotated between the left wing and right. Was better on the right. Currently turning down new deals and could be leaving on a free. Hopefully will be able to keep him

Lewis Allessandra - 20 apps, 6.60 average rating, 5 goals - Didnt really rate him. Will be off in the summer

Strikers

Reuben Reid - 33 apps, 7.22 average rating , 21 goals - A beast. missed 4 months to injury and still hit 20 goals. Will be a massive player next season

Tyler Harvey - 17 apps, 6.80 average rating, 5 goals - Showing good signs of becoming a very good player. Definitely one for the future.

Jogo - Nice going. Looking like you could go up. How MK are not walking the league is crazy!

Gunner - Some good wins in there, and a nice signing. Should add a lot to your midfield.

Well in Jogo and good luck with your date at Wembley! Promotion is well within your grasp, but I must say that the lack of goals is quite worrying.. Hopefully goal difference won't be a factor come May.

How's Nabi doing at MK Dons btw? Must be pretty lethal on that league considering how well he's been doing for me in the league above!

Thanks mate. Looking forward to a trip to Wembley with Carlisle (and will be making my first visit there on 18 April to see your 'mighty' Gunners absolutely batter my 'very much less than mighty Royals' in the FA Cup semi final). The goals tally is low, I actually never noticed it was that low until I took the image and posted it (league leaders Shrewsbury are no better than us, oddly). Our defence is definitely keeping us in it, but I can't say that Beck/Wyke are the problem, more a lack of goals from elsewhere really.

The following screenie (start of March) shows just how good Nabi & Isa are at League 2 level. The pair are right up the top in assists, and not far off it in terms of goals. Nabi is obviously 'proven' by the likes of you, but striker partner Isa is also a player far too good for League 2 (can be bought in season 1 or 2 for about £300k and is Bulgarian so WP no problem). Quite how MK Dons got relegated last season was beyond me, and it was an even bigger mystery how they could spend £5.25m this season in League 2 (they only sold players to a value of £400k) but it looks like they have new (presumably rich) owners from Malaysia now, which would explain it. Just for your amusement, I've been trying to afford a deal for Redshaw for almost two seasons, and he's now in reach - but doesn't want to join us (yet)...

Sky%20Bet%20League%202_%20Overview%20Profile-6_zpsjcbvdjer.png

Another nice update from you Gunner, and nice to see you sitting top of the tree too. Promotion is definitely on the cards and the future looks bright at Spotland. Your new signing should be a useful addition too, not a bad fee for him hopefully. Keep up the good work and regards to Frankie :lol:

I just saw your update too sammo, sorry that my internet is so slow I always see new posts late and have to edit! Congrats on a successful first phase of your project - harsh to be 2nd with that points tally. I'd like to think that the board will back you next season, what are the budgets like? I enjoyed your player review, it's very detailed and clearly shows your thoughts on your team. Nelson, Fosu and Green certainly contributed a lot, and Reuben Reid, but solid and commendable performances all through the squad really.

Well done Sammo on the promotion. Curtis Nelson is a rock at the back and hopefully you can keep hold of him as I think he will develop as the club does, much like Ashley Williams at Swansea IRL.

Toumani Diagouraga has been pretty impressive so far, tackles well, passes well and has the occasional long range rocket in his locker too.

Carlisle_%20%20Profile_zpsb49g7sjw.png

Just a quick update to cover the events of March 2016. First of all, we set a new club record of seven consecutive clean sheets - a great achievement, especially as my main defender (Josh Lelan) had missed the last couple of those games. We then had an amazing triumph at Wembley, where captain Danny Grainger (recalled to the first team after being dropped) came up trumps in the JPT Final. His header against the bar was harshly awarded as a 'calamitous own goal' by the Leyton Orient keeper, but Grainger sealed the tie with a penalty winner after 77 minutes. We returned to League action and added our 8th successive league clean sheet (although in a disappointing home draw with Wycombe) before losing our final match of the month at play-off challengers Newport. We're still right in the mix for a top three spot, but it's any three from four, in my opinion. Lelan and Mark Beck (also absent since before the JPT triumph) are still out, but hopefully will be back soon to push us towards League 1.

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-59_zpszkjevykp.png

Competitions_%20%20Competitions-34_zpse8xy4gwn.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-36_zpsdhw7aje7.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-37_zpsreletksc.png

And finally, at the end of the month, this piece of news arrived in my inbox. There hadn't been any mention of a takeover and we were losing money regularly on a monthly basis. The news quite frankly - and literally - was unbelievable. But as it happened today, 1st April in real life, I wasn't actually surprised when it panned out the way it did. Still, I'd never had that experience in FM before, and coming today I thought it was particularly well timed...

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-38_zpstdxwiige.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-39_zpsvlwuqyau.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-40_zpsycmkv7tr.png

I had that one today as well, Jogo, and though the coffers are full in Blackburn at the moment, I would have liked a huge cash injection as well :)

Looking like you are well situated for the playoff run, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Haha that's unlucky Jogo! I can see it's going to be a close one with only April and May to go. I always find it a little difficult around Easter has the fixtures pile up and squad rotation becomes even more important. Hopefully you get your key players back from injury in time for the last push to promotion.

Thanks Jogo and Gunner. Jogo - They had given me £200k to spend, however I have cashed in on the Sell on fees for Gallagher and Stephens. That has given me a budget of £1m. Not sure I will risk spending all that, but looking forward to getting stuck in. Wow 7 clean sheets is a great achievement and congrats on the silverware. Unlucky on the April fools though !

Thanks Adzke, Gunner and sammo. It should be a good run-in, let's see who cracks under the pressure. Hopefully the game in hand and congested Easter fixtures won't cause a slump - time will tell.

If it hadn't been April Fools Day today I might not have been thinking along those lines, and may have been taken in for a moment. As it was, the message didn't seem specific enough to be taken seriously - if I saw that kind of message in an email (obviously even if not the £500m part) it would be deleted straight away. Still a nice touch from SI though.

@sammo: Those clauses are a massive boost to a L2 club, especially one with a decent reputation and following like Argyle. I went through most, if not all, of the 72 clubs for my updated guide, and tried to mention the best ones with clauses. I wasn't sure whether to, as sometimes it can ruin a lovely surprise, but in the end thought I probably should. Glad it's worked out for you anyway - also tend to agree that it's probably not wise to spend it all.

I had that one today as well, Jogo, and though the coffers are full in Blackburn at the moment, I would have liked a huge cash injection as well :)

Looking like you are well situated for the playoff run, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Blackburn though on my save are approached by a tycoon and are under transfer embargo. Its May 2017 on the save and Blackburn are 15th in Premiership. Hope it goes through and they buy some of my players :p

Blackburn though on my save are approached by a tycoon and are under transfer embargo. Its May 2017 on the save and Blackburn are 15th in Premiership. Hope it goes through and they buy some of my players :p

I finished 5th and won the Europa League in my second season, but there are rumours of a takeover.

I've been approached by both Man Utd and Man City, and I'm contemplating whether to move on to a bigger club.

I finished 5th and won the Europa League in my second season, but there are rumours of a takeover.

I've been approached by both Man Utd and Man City, and I'm contemplating whether to move on to a bigger club.

am too in a similar situation right now

intresting_zps2remi5jt.png

Saturday 3rd October 2015

Rochdale 0-0 Yeovil Town

A bore draw saw us struggle against a team inside the relegation zone. Interestingly this is the third draw (out of 3) between the teams since I took over at Rochdale.

Tuesday 6th October 2015

Rochdale 1-0 Morecambe

We secured victory and progressed into the next stage of North Area JPT as we overcame League Two Morecambe. A Reuben Noble-Lazarus effort on 79 minutes the difference between the two sides.

Saturday 10th October 2015

MK Dons 0-0 Rochdale

We played out our second league 0-0 in a row against fifth placed MK Dons. It was a tough away fixture and for the performance that we put in I am glad that we escaped with a point.

Saturday 17th October 2015

Rochdale 2-2 Preston North End

It was top vs second in this League One clash. Adil Nabi gave us the lead with a finish from outside the area. Febian Brandy doubled the advantage a minute later from close range. A goal on the stroke of half time saw Preston pull one back. A free kick on 86 minutes saw Preston equalise.

Tuesday 20th October 2015

Oldham Athletic 0-0 Rochdale

For the 4th league game in a row we didn’t lose but we didn’t win as we was frustrated by local rivals Oldham.

Saturday 24th October 2015

Rochdale 2-1 Oldham Athletic

Finally we grabbed a league victory but we had to wait until late to get it. Crewe took the lead from the penalty spot after Reece Burke slid in and took all of the player. The second half started and it took 3 minutes before Ian Henderson smashed home on the half volley. With the clock on 89 minutes, Adil Nabi popped up to slot home and give us the 3 points.

Saturday 31st October 2015

Shrewsbury Town 2-0 Rochdale

Shrewsbury gained an easy victory as goals either side of half time ensured we came away with no points for the first time in 9 matches.

Adil Nabi - 9/2

Ian Henderson - 3/0

Scott Tanser - 2/0

Febian Brandy - 2/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/0

Jerome Sinclair - 0/1

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Jamie Allen - 1/0

Reuben Noble-Lazarus - 0/1

Transfers In:

Joe Mattock - Free Agent - 31/10/2015

25 year old left back joined the club as a free agent at the end of October. The full back will come into provide competition for Scott Tanser. I also feel that Mattock could do a decent job in the Championship, should we get promoted.

Transfers Out:

Nyal Bell - Leamington Spa - 1 Month Loan

Bell agreed to join Leamington on a month loan with the view to gaining some first team experience. A potential leading League One striker he should do well in the Vanarama Conference North.

Rhys Lovett - North Ferriby - 1 Month Loan

Lovett was sent out on loan to North Ferriby to gain first team experience. This season could be the last for Lovett to make an impression with his contract up at the end of the season.

Sky Bet League One - 2nd (1st-24th)

FA Cup - First Round (v Sheffield United)

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy - North Quarter Final (v Hartlepool)

League One Young Player of the Month - Lloyd Jones (3rd)

A frustrating month for you Gunner. I was surprised to see you still in 2nd place, but if you can turn a few of those draws in to wins, you'll be flying again soon. Mattock is a good free transfer, and with Nabi still doing great, hopefully next month will gain you a few more points. How are the youngsters getting on in general? Do you still have all three of your DR Congo guys there, or are some out on loan now?

Plymouth Argyle Season preview 2015/16

1z36pmh.jpg

Transfers

2i0aiaa.png

Out -

Shwan Jalal - After picking up an injury last season he was never the same. Dont think he was up to it at League One level.

All others released as not good enough

In -

Larnell Cole - The 'Big money' signing of the summer. will be a big part of the 3 man midfield and will hopefully create plenty of chances for the side.

Tarique Fosu - Delighted to get him back on loan. Massive player for me last season and hopefully he will have the same impact this season.

George Green - See above

Omar Rowe - Has been brought in to boost the options on the wing. Will probably be a rotation player for now.

Kane Hemmings - Likely to be 2nd fiddle to Reid, but if injuries occur I am hoping he can come in and do well for us

Artur Kyrsiak - New no1 goalie. He's fairly solid, nothing special but there was not much available to me on the market.

Kadeem Harris - A loan with the option of a permanent deal. Will compete with Rowe and looks like a very good player for us.

Jonjoe Kenny - Making the most of the feeder club. Needed cover for CB and RB and Kenny can do both

Fixtures

2ln8tvt.png

A mixed bag of results. Please dont look at the Everton score. The season started with a drew at fellow promoted side Oxford. Larnell Cole grabbed a debut penalty and looked good. We then went out of the Carling Cup after fielding a weak side against Yeovil. We lost for the first and only time so far against Leyton Orient. Kadeem Harris scored his first for the club but we did not do enough to beat them. Goals from Fosu, Hartley and Harris got us a good point at Swindon and then we got Cup revenge on Yeovil. We had a much better side out. A Reid brace and a George Green strike got us our first win in the league. Another good away draw followed at Preston. A Reuben Reid brace, hopefully he will be in for another good season. Unfortunately we were unlucky to concede in the last minute to MK Dons who are top of the league at the moment in the SJP.

Table

dxjxhl.png

Quite please with how we have adapted to the league so far. 1 defeat but only 1 win. More clean sheets needed, but hopefully we can have a stable season in League One

Not an easy month Gunner. But at least you are still in a strong position and Mattock is a very good Left back.

Good luck sammo, hopefully it works out well for you. What are your expectations for the season? I like the look of the Harris signing - never managed him but was very keen on getting him at Exeter (I did have Rowe there for a year or two and he was very useful). I never had experience of Cole (never been on my radar) but I guess the returns of Fosu/Green are the most pleasing bits of business? Hopefully Reid will adapt well to a higher level, so far so good!

Frustrating was the word of the month for sure. I was happy with the Mattock signing as it gives me two quality left backs in Joe and Tanser with both capable of stepping up a level should we get there. I was also surprised how we managed to stay second but we had a little advantage going into October and also played a couple of teams around us (MK Dons & PNE)

Do you know why there's 3 Congo lads in the Rochdale youth team Jogo? Seemed strange. Jonathan Diba looks the most promising but the other two don't look up to much and may well be released at the end of the season.

Frustrating was the word of the month for sure. I was happy with the Mattock signing as it gives me two quality left backs in Joe and Tanser with both capable of stepping up a level should we get there. I was also surprised how we managed to stay second but we had a little advantage going into October and also played a couple of teams around us (MK Dons & PNE)

Do you know why there's 3 Congo lads in the Rochdale youth team Jogo? Seemed strange. Jonathan Diba looks the most promising but the other two don't look up to much and may well be released at the end of the season.

Not exactly sure to be honest mate - as far as I know it's just a coincidence. Diba Musangu and Kisimba Kisimba went to (the same) school in the Rochdale area, no idea about the other one. I think they have a pretty good youth set-up, with a few already in the main squad. It will be good if you get to use a few more over time.

Saturday 7th November 2015

Youngster John Harding agreed professional terms with the club, signing a new deal to tie him to Rochdale until 2018. The Welsh attacking midfielder has the potential to develop into a good League One player in the future.

Rochdale 3-1 Sheffield United - FA Cup First Round

MOTM: Reece Burke (Rochdale)

A tough draw in the FA Cup First Round was overcome with a battling display. Central defender Reece Burke gave us the lead, heading home into an empty net after the keeper had saved from an earlier free kick. Ian Henderson was fouled in the box and it was Henderson who dusted himself down to step up and slot the ball away to make it 2-0. That cushion only last 3 minutes though as a spell of Sheffield Utd pressure saw them pull one back from close range. However Febian Brandy made sure with 3 minutes to go as he finished from close range to see us progress into the second round.

Tuesday 10th November

Rochdale 2-1 Hartlepool - JPT North Quarter Final

MOTM: Adil Nabi (Rochdale)

The second cup (albeit in a different competition) game in three days saw us record back to back victories. Jerome Sinclair got us off the perfect start, putting us in front after only 2 minutes. The lead lasted only 4 minutes though as League Two Hartlepool equalised. Adil Nabi scored what proved to be the winning goal on 20 minutes. Stephen Dawson’s second yellow card meant we had to see out the last 15 minutes with 10 men.

Saturday 14th November 2015

Rochdale 2-1 Notts County

We finally grabbed the win as a late strike gave us the 3 points. Ronan Murray gave Notts County a 17th minute lead. Adil Nabi got the equaliser 10 minutes before half time. Ian Henderson kept his cool to slot home an 80th minute penalty to give us the victory.

Ian Henderson and Adil Nabi were selected in the League One Team of the Week.

Saturday 21st November 2015

Bradford City 0-1 Rochdale

MOTM: Ian Henderson (Rochdale)

We recorded a lucky win over promotion candidates Bradford City. Ian Henderson latched onto a misjudged header to slot home in stoppage time.

Saturday 28th November 2015

Rochdale 2-1 Tranmere Rovers

A tough game against in-form Tranmere ended with victory. Adil Nabi finished off a fine team move with a header on the 12th minute. Ian Henderson doubled the lead after half time from inside the area. Tranmere’s Sam Joel grabbed a consolation goal but we did enough to get the three points.

Adil Nabi - 11/3

Ian Henderson - 6/1

Febian Brandy - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 2/0

Jerome Sinclair - 0/2

Ashley Eastham - 1/0

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Jamie Allen - 1/0

Reuben Noble-Lazarus - 0/1

Reece Burke - 0/1

Transfers Out:

Kisimba Kisimba - One Month Loan - Tamworth

18 year old midfielder Kisimba Kisimba has been sent out on loan to Vanarama Conference North side Tamworth for a month to gain first team experience. The midfielder has the potential to become a leading League One player.

Sky Bet League One - 1st (1st-24th)

FA Cup - Second Round (v Rotherham United)

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy - North Semi Final (v Accrington Stanley)

League One Young Player of the Month - Adil Nabi (Winner!)

League One Manager of the Month - Thomas Timson & Frankie (Winner!)

A perfect month Gunner, good work. There's no stopping Nabi still - perhaps it's Frankie's team talks pushing you forwards!

Yeah, funny how football works given how poor we was the month before! Frankie has definitely "fired" the lads up this month. ;)

And then I get the news that Joe Mattock breaks his leg in training and he's out for 6-7 months. :(

A great month there Gunner! Couldn't ask for anything more!

Unlucky with Joe Mattock, I've found that's just the way the world works too - just as everything's going great, something happens to put a spanner in the works. But that's all part and parcel of being a manager I suppose, and that's why we all love the challenge :p

Archived