FM15 - The Sky Bet Football League thread

Jogo Bonito

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool, it's always a useful bonus whenever they kick in. How is the record signing coming along by the way?

Injured! Haha. He's been out for 4 weeks with a chest injury. Think he's back for just before the Christmas period. Other than that, he's done okay. He's only scored 1 but his overall play and assists have been good. Enjoy watching his runs on the 3D match engine too.

Hopefully lots more to come from him then. He needs to justify his fee ;)

He does! I maybe paid a little too much but I was in dire need and he's played well so I'm not too disappointed. Had an offer of £135k accepted for David Martin (MK Dons keeper) last night but contract talks broke down so he won't be signing.

Gunner - Thanks! Yes it is Pearson from Halifax, he is well worth spending on so hopefully someone in your game will. Haha yes, you are doing a much better job than Keith Hill did on my game.

Jogo - Thanks, I was amazed by Jackson too. He only has 10 finishing but just kept scoring. I do have 'run at the defence' on, I also play a Raumdeuter from the left hand side and Done and Murphy are my better dribblers, so they tended to find themselves in the box quite often being brought down.

Wow, this is going to be a really tough transfer window. I can't shift the guys I dont think are good enough for the Championship and all my top performers are getting bids from higher clubs and are all pushing for moves. In danger of losing Harris, Baxter and Brayford so far or do I keep them and have unhappy players. Harris' contracts ends in the summer too !!

@sammo: Yeah I guessed it might have been the reason - anyway, it's good to have that kind of threat. I'd generally keep unhappy players because most of them are fickle and turn around after a few good results. The ones who have a contract expiring at the end of the season are a bigger risk though. There's always alternative options if you need them, but it's nice to keep your better players (like Harris). Perhaps give it a few months and then sell if he still won't sign a new deal? On the right, do you still have Freeman and Alcock? They're not bad players either - but maybe Lowton (former Blade) is available on loan or for a reduced fee? I thought Brayford had the club down as a favourite - is that not the case, or just not helping on this occasion?

I was actually looking at Lowton, and will get him if I can get him to agree decent wages, Alcock is another who might be off but he wants more football. Managed to keep hold of the others so far, just hope I can please them. Harris is wanted by Leicester in the prem so it could be very difficult.

Saturday 6th December 2014

Colchester United 1-1 Rochdale

The FA Cup Second Round tie ended all square. Adil Nabi (who else?) gave us the lead after 18 minutes from close range. With 18 minutes left on the clock the referee pointed to the spot in controversial circumstances and Colchester equalised from the spot. Replay it is!

Season Goalscorer’s: League/Cup

Adil Nabi - 9/5

Ian Henderson - 8/1

Joe Bunney - 3/3

Calvin Andrew - 2/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 3/1

Callum Camps - 2/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Jamie Allen - 0/2

Daryl Horgan - 0/1

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Scott Tanser - 1/0

Tuesday 9th December 2014

Injury Update:

Daryl Horgan is currently out with a chest injury. The midfielder is expected to be back in 8 to 12 days.

Tuesday 9th December 2014

Rochdale 1-3 Sheffield United

The JPT North Semi Final ended in defeat. Ian Henderson got us off to the perfect start inside the first minute with a half volley from inside the box. A scramble in the box saw Sheffield United equalise on 14 minutes. Josh Lillis was then called into action as he saved from the penalty spot. Sheffield United finally took the lead after 76 minutes. And they sealed the win with their second penalty of the game.

Adil Nabi - 9/5

Ian Henderson - 8/2

Joe Bunney - 3/3

Calvin Andrew - 2/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 3/1

Callum Camps - 2/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Jamie Allen - 0/2

Daryl Horgan - 0/1

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Scott Tanser - 1/0

Thursday 11th December 2014

Preston North End midfielder Keith Keane agreed to extend his loan with the club until the end of the season. As part of the deal we can purchase the player for a fee of £45k. Keane has played 5 games for us so far this season with an average rating of 7.08.

Jonathan Diba agreed to extend his loan deal with Vanarama Conference North side North Ferriby. The 17 year old goalkeeper will now spend the next 3 months out on loan.

Friday 12th December 2014

Dominic Reid agreed to extend his loan deal with Vanarama Conference North side Solihull Moors. The 18 year old midfielder will now spend the next 3 months out on loan.

Saturday 13th December 2014

Colchester United 0-6 Rochdale

Despite having less of the ball we came out strong winners in the game with Colchester. Young midfielder Jamie Allen opened the scoring with a placed finish following a good passing move. Ian Henderson added the second from the penalty spot. Calvin Andrew added number 3 to make it 2 goals in 1 minute. Adil Nabi, aided by the post added the 4th on the 23rd minute. Henderson grabbed his 2nd and the teams 5th after only 26 minutes. Nabi then grabbed his second on 45 minutes to end the scoring.

Scott Tanser, Keith Keane, Ian Henderson, Jamie Allen, Calvin Andrew and Adil Nabi all made the League One Team of the Week.

Adil Nabi - 11/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 3/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 3/1

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 2/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 0/1

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Scott Tanser - 1/0

Wednesday 17th December 2014

Rochdale 0-3 Colchester United

A disappointing defeat against a team we battered the game before saw us exit the FA Cup at the Second Round stage.

Adil Nabi - 11/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 3/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 3/1

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 2/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 0/1

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Scott Tanser - 1/0

Saturday 20th December 2014

Rochdale 1-2 Notts County

Despite having a greater number of shots we was on the wrong end of a 2-1 defeat. Young midfielder Callum Camps grabbed a consolation goal on 68 minutes but unfortunately we couldn’t work ourselves back into things.

Adil Nabi - 11/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 3/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 3/1

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 0/1

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Scott Tanser - 1/0

Tuesday 23rd December 2014

Injury Update:

Rueben Noble-Lazarus is currently out with a thigh strain. The midfielder is expected to be back in 2 to 6 days.

Calvin Andrew is currently out with a gashed lower leg. The striker is out for 2 weeks.

Friday 26th December 2014

Joel Logan agreed to extend his loan deal with Vanarama Conference side Forest Green Rovers. The 19 year old winger will now spend the next 3 months out on loan.

James Hooper agreed to extend his loan deal with Vanarama Conference North side North Ferriby. The 17 year old full back will now spend the next 3 months out on loan.

Scunthorpe United 1-0 Rochdale

We lost this game as a Paddy Madden penalty was enough to give the Irons the win.

Adil Nabi - 11/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 3/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 3/1

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 0/1

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Scott Tanser - 1/0

Saturday 27th December 2014

Andy Cannon agreed to extend his loan deal with Vanarama Conference side Forest Green Rovers. The 18 year old midfielder will now spend the next 3 months out on loan.

Sunday 28th December 2014

Rochdale 2-2 Fleetwood Town

Daryl Horgan, making his first appearance since getting injured opened the scoring with an header from inside the 6 yard box after just 8 minutes. Joe Bunney doubled the advantage on the 41st minutes. However 2 goals in the second half meant we had to make do with a draw.

Adil Nabi - 11/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 4/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 3/1

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 1/1

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Scott Tanser - 1/0

Tuesday 30th December 2014

Nyal Bell agreed to extend his loan deal with Vanarama Conference North side Bradford PA. The 17 year old striker will now spend the rest of the season out on loan.

End of Month Round-Up - December 2014

Sky Bet League One - 7th (possible finish 1st to 24th)

Capital One Cup - Lost in Second Round (v Reading)

FA Cup - Lost in Second Round (v Colchester)

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy - Lost in North Semi Final (v Sheffield United)

@sammo: Yeah, Lowton is on massive wages, it will be hard to get him unless on loan I think. On the subject of unhappy players, both of my leading goalscorers (Beck and Wyke) were transfer listed and offered out as soon as I started at Carlisle, but both found their way in to the team and performances haven't been affected despite them still being listed. I guess the fact they both want to stay helps, but maybe it somehow motivated them. I'd still take offers on the pair, but they're doing the business for me.

@Gunner: Good to see Horgan back, and a great 6-0 thumping of Colchester. The rest of the month looked very tough, hopefully it's only a small blip for you mate. I haven't seen so much happening in a diary since Big Brother and/or Adrian Mole (you're probably too young to remember him) :lol:

It's been so tough. The three cups games didn't help and fitness has been down massively despite rotating the squad a lot! Between the Fleetwood game and the next game we have a 9 day rest though so hopefully we can recover and start pushing on again, especially now we only have the league to focus on!

Haha I do actually have an Adrian Mole book! Sure the author was Sue Townsend?

I was actually looking at Lowton, and will get him if I can get him to agree decent wages, Alcock is another who might be off but he wants more football. Managed to keep hold of the others so far, just hope I can please them. Harris is wanted by Leicester in the prem so it could be very difficult.

Harris, Scougall and Wallace - they had been excellent for me in the save. I am never bored of praising them tbh. It was them and this thread off-course I had a 'twitchy bum' not able to continue with my FM save.

nevertheless, I did put together a few hours and rolled a few months ahead in my save. Will post a mega update this weekend!

@Gunner: I'm sure you will pick it up again. And you'd have been happy to be in that position when you started, so it's only the fact it went downhill a bit, not the overall performance so far. I had to google about the author, but yes you're right - and she died last April.

@fyrefuze: Will be good to see your update when you're ready.

Hope so! Well from Sammo's update we seen Rochdale came 15th so I'm doing better than what the computer can right now! Oh that's a shame. What is it with all these author's just lately!? Sue Townsend, Terry Prachett etc. :(

Yep, hurry up with that update FF!

Gunner - not often you win lose and draw against the same team in a month.

FF - I'm a big fan of Harris and Wallace but haven't had much success with Scougall. Look forward to your update !

Jogo - quite a lot has gone on regarding player happiness but will save it for my next update :p

Friday 2nd January 2015

Tom Kennedy agreed to extend his contract at the club. The new deal means he will now be tied to the club into 2016 with the option of a further year. The 29 year old defender has played in 9 games so far this season with an average rating of 6.58.

Tuesday 6th January 2015

Injury Update:

Calvin Andrew is currently out with a gashed lower leg. The striker is expected to be out for 1 day.

Sean Long is currently out with a gashed head. The full back is expected to be out for 1 to 3 days.

Matthew Lund is currently out with a groin strain. The midfielder is expected to be out for 8 days an 2 weeks.

Oldham Athletic 1-2 Rochdale

A great late comeback sealed the points in this rival clash. Oldham took the lead just before half time. The game changed on the 88th minute as Oldham’s George Elokobi picked up his second yellow card. Adil Nabi grabbed the equaliser on the 91st minute with a header that looped over the keeper’s head. With time running out, striker Joe Bunney cut in from the wing and curled home a fantastic winner from outside the box.

Adil Nabi - 12/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 3/1

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 1/1

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Scott Tanser - 1/0

Saturday 10th January 2015

Bradford City 2-0 Rochdale

A close encounter turned into a defeat in Yorkshire. Bradford got off to a flyer with a goal on 2 minutes. They grabbed their second after 16 minutes. Bradford striker Francois Zoko earned two yellow cards after 40 minutes but unfortunately we still couldn’t find the back of the net.

Adil Nabi - 12/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 3/1

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 1/1

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Scott Tanser - 1/0

Saturday 17th January 2015

Rochdale 1-1 Crawley Town

We was held to a draw in a close fought encounter. Adil Nabi picked up on an error and finished superbly to give us a 1-0 lead. With the clock ticking Crawley equalised going into stoppage time.

Adil Nabi - 13/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 3/1

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 1/1

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Scott Tanser - 1/0

Tuesday 20th January 2015

Injury Update:

Ian Henderson is currently out with a sprained ankle. The winger is expected to be out for 4 to 5 weeks.

Saturday 24th January 2015

Billy Hasler-Cregg agreed to extend his loan deal with Vanarama Conference North side Guiseley. The 18 year old midfielder will now spend the next 3 months out on loan.

Rochdale 1-0 Sheffield United

A game we controlled ended with 3 points. Things turned sour for Sheffield United on the 73rd minute when Aaron Kuhl picked up his second yellow card. The goal came late with full back Scott Tanser despatching a 22 yard free kick into the back of the net.

Adil Nabi - 13/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 3/1

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 1/1

Scott Tanser - 2/0

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Saturday 31st January 2015

Coventry City 1-1 Rochdale

We ended the month with a well earned point away to Coventry. Coventry grabbed the lead on the 9th minute with Simeon Jackson finishing at the second attempt. Mohamed Coulibaly tapped home on 32 minutes to ensure the game ended all square.

Adil Nabi - 13/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 1/1

Scott Tanser - 2/0

Stephen Dawson - 1/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

End of Month Round-Up - January 2015

Sky Bet League One - 5th (possible finish 1st to 24th)

A fairly solid month Gunner, including a great late win against Oldham. Shame about the injury to Henderson, but Nabi is still doing well. It looks like you're a bit like me, not doing much/any transfer business in January.

Window ends on 2nd Feb. I had an offer for David Martin accepted early on in Jan but we couldn't agree terms and the same happened with Ian Harte. Ideally I wanted a keeper and Martin would have been good but it wasn't to be. It's deadline day now and a bid (25k) as gone in for David Mooney of Leyton Orient which has been accepted and terms have been offered which I believe he's happy with so it looks like one transfer in. Reason behind it is he's not a bad finisher (14/20) and conscious that Nabi is only young and his goals may well dry up at some stage.

Championship win_zpsn3zgvjvp.png

Well winning the Championship was easy given the resources and squad I had. Surprisingly though I had no competition in the title race ever since first 10 games. Swansea claimed second spot for automatic promotion while Wigan surprised a few to claim it through play-offs. Sad to see Derby and Fulham relegated. Here are the final standings.

Championship standings_zps6miky20f.png

Veton Berisha and Jesse Lingard gave performances which were the highlights of the season and thus were two best players of the season. Bob Harris claimed the third spot.

Championship review_zpsvkrkmvoz.png

FA Cup win was the pleasant surprise of the season. Never thought I would make this far in the competition, lucky to avoid premier league heavyweights in the run though.

Championship double_zpszfdkfcp1.png

Here is the run in FA cups. This win means we will in Europe now and a tough run in Premier League to manage alongside.

FA Cup Fixtures 2015-16_zpsa0lczr9m.png

Avdijaj had been incredible too and deserves a mention here. Even though Cirigliano and Pavelka were the first choice for starting spot in the midfield, Wallace and Scougall were always up for the challenge and did well when given a chance. Scougall was quiet a handy player given his versatility.

starting with the additions to the recap above.Manchester United won the EPL with Chelsea taking runners up spot.

EPL_standings_2016_zps6dmlxjmc.png

Don't remember when Premier league was awarded an extra spot for Champions League. Contrary to real life English teams are doing much better in Europe. Good then it also gives us fair chance to grab one of those spots in coming seasons.

I was busy looking for players to shape my squad for upcoming season in Premiership also focusing to increase home grown contingents in my squad. Harry Maguire was my target for long and the fact that Hull were relegated to Championship the task was made easy. But the guy found it pretty hard to break into the playing squad and managed just under a double figure of appearances. I made a cheesy offer of 225k and it was accepted. Kyle Walker was my next choice but neither Spurs nor Walker were ready for the talks. Jagielka was not achievable as well. I did managed to pick quiet a many freebies though.

Transfers In (free)

1. Petr Cech - statement of intent signing for SUFC. Couldn't miss on the chance of picking him up even for the club record wages (58k/w).Cech%20signing_zpscdoulyzy.png

2. Nick Powell - talented english player with bags of potential.

3. Ruben Rayos - needed a dead ball specialist and what better than one on free. Much needed experience on his sleeves too.

4. Alfred Duncan - agreed a deal for him in the January, would be a rotation BWM.

5. Kepa Arrizabalaga - a young talented GK from Sevilla. Didn't wanted much for salary so picked him up for third GK spot. one for the future though.

6. Llyod Jones - another hot prospect and english too. no second thoughts.

Transfers Out

1. veton Berisha, 15M - One of my best players of last season, prized away for his release clause. With quiet a many EPL names interested was not able convince him to stay. On second thoughts it was time for me to pick up a local lad. Blackburn doubled up his wages, earning just under 50k now.

2. Jesse Lingard, 14.5M - Second transfer blow in the same week, another key player prized away for his release clause. This time not in it entirity though. Norwich put up a fancy offer with 9M upfront and rest in clauses. Club accepted it. My bad I was too late to renew his contract. Went from earning 9k/w to 52k/w not at all bad for him.

3. Frederick Sorensen, 12.25M - He tought QPR is a better team -> requested transfer, I am out this seaso to prove him wrong.

4. Joao Teixeira, 10.75M - Was frustrated with lack of first team opportunities I was happy to let him for the amount of money on offer.

5. Espen Ruud, 1.4M - Sacrificed for half good Kyle Naughton. Club grown players were needed. swansea profited.

6. Basham, 700k+20% future profit - English but not good for squad now. Brentford took him.

Interesting that you signed Lloyd Jones. I've got him on loan at Rochdale currently from Liverpool.

Congratulations again on your promotion! And good luck in the PL! And that is a marquee signing in Cech, hopefully he does well for you.

Derby were relegated to League 1 and MK Dons did managed to remain in the Championship. Thus Will Hughes and Dele Alli were both unsettled and wanted to leave. I had some decisions to made and after looking at the attributes closely decided to give loyalty a go. Putting aside the potential Wallace is as good as Hughes and Scougall bit better than Alli. [TABLE]

[TR]

James Wallace Stefan Scougall [/TR]

[TR]

[TD]James%20Wallace_2016_zpssairdqbz.png[/TD]

[TD]Stefan%20Scougall_2016_zpssitvwacl.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Will Hughes Dele Alli [/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Will%20Hughes_2016_zpsnr2mafm0.png[/TD]

[TD]Dele%20Alli_2016_zpsqodaqgik.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fyrefuze - Great season with Sheffield United, congratulations on promotion and a massive congratulations on the FA Cup too! I bet that Liverpool game in the 5th round was nerve wracking to say the least!

Next season is going to be very tough for you, having to let 2 of your best players leave is never going to be easy. Brining in Petr Cech is a great piece of business though, get him tutoring some of your upcoming young 'keepers, they'll learn loads from him - plus he'll be a safe pair of hands for you in goal too :brock:

Come July a few more players came in and a lot others saw their contracts run over.

Transfers Out

1. Marton Fulop, 2.1M - with Cech signing and Leali making good progress, I had no place for this guy and Westham put forward a decent offer.

2. Jose Baxter, Otis Khan, Florent Cuvelier and lot others were all released.

Tranfers In

1. Martin Odegaard, 7M - A future club grown player, with attributes capable of being in first XI. signed from Celtic.

2. Gino Perruzi, 3.3M - great find by my scouts had a 3.3M release clause in his contract which I was happy to offer.

3. Britt Assombalonga, 9.25M - Nothing 'Brit' about him but has been in country long enough to be qualified as home grown and potential to be a leading Premier league striker. Will take Berisha's place in the squad.

Dave Parnaby has joined as HOYD from Middlesbrough.

at this point I had quiet a money left in the kitty but I was happy with the additions to the squad as I was expecting to avoid the relegation. Spoilt by back to back promotion and the rise in stature of Club, the board had different plans though.

2016 season expectations_zpsgrgpqpmg.png

They wanted at least a top half finish offering a sizable transfer budget on plate. I was managing tight wage thresholds and targeted only the listed or unsettled players. I already had squad big enough and was too late to shift back up players.

A few more great additions there - I expect all will do well for you. Very tough ask by the board for a top half finish though.

Surprised you've released Baxter, he's usually a good solid player at any level?

Good luck anyway!

Great updates fyrefuze and after the success of last season, maybe the board are right to expect a decent finish again. I hope it works out well, and that your new signings deliver as much as they promise. I'm happy to see you take a punt on Odegaard and Assombalonga.

Yes you got it right, my scouting network is now open to whole world and I have deployed Juarez Fischer to scout for some samba talents. He instantly came up with a list of impressive names - I was surprised to learn were still with their original clubs.

Transfers in

1. Gaston Gil Romero, 6M - he does not any introduction, must have player for Europe.

2. Malcom Silva, 7.75M (release clause) - he is the brazilian Memphis Depay

3. Barry Van Grinsven (regen), 5M - 18 year old Balanta, gonna hide him in reserves for this season.

Barry van Grinsven_2016_zpsjg1tbzd7.png

Those who got away

1. Carlos Fierro, 11.5 - release clause, I was the first one to make an offer suddenly the whole lot of Seria A teams were behind him. I offered him wages as good as Cech but he went on to join AC Milan for 65k.

2. Bittencourt, 3.3M - having finished outside top 4, Dortmund in under major rebuild, Klopp has left and Low has taken over the reigns. He was never that interested and Bayern Munich easily bettered my offer.

3. Kimmich, 2.5M - I actually offered him better wages but he was home bound I guess went back to germany to play for Wolfsburg. I was not in the market for midfield positions anyways.

4. Donnis Avdijaj, 30M - yes I offered my entire transfer kitty to Schalke for him but they didn't wanted to sell and to my surprise he extended his contract with them, still remains at SUFC though for current season.

5. Wayne Rooney, 20M - It was August end not sure of what to do with all this money I made an audacious offer for 30yr old wine (Wayne :p). I was just able to unsettle him though Arsenal benefited on the deadline day.

On the hind sight I really feel for Wallace and Scougall now. A host of Championship clubs were hovering for their signatures back in June but I didn't offer thinking will repay them with a few matches in premier league. Nor they asked to leave as well.

Preseason Odds

We are expected to be in the mid-table mix and there about.

EPL Season Preview_zpsqelkhdp1.png

Pre-season went well in between -

Schedule_2016-17_1_zpswmswx0qg.png

Loans Out

Lewis Macleod - Bournemouth (50k/m+wages)

Kepa Arrizabalaga - Derby (wages)

Harrison Mcgahey - Stevenage (2.2k/m+wages)

and few other regens

Thanks Gizmo, Gunner, FF and Jogo.

I just made it through Dec'16 now. Here is the run so far -

Schedule_2016-17_2_zpss32xxu4d.png

After a decent run in November, injuries have taken their toll and I have just struggled past through December. We have dropped from 6th to 9th now, but the gap between Champions league place and us is just 3 pts and a lot of season still left unfold.

EPL_standings_Dec2016 _zpszsrrfeeh.png

Sheffield United 2014/15

33ah468.jpg

Transfers

It was a very tough summer window. Thanks to their great performances last season, the likes of Harris, Baxter, Brayford and Wallace were wanted by Prem and higher Championship teams. This led to them becoming unhappy when bids were rejected. Luckily after some good advice from Jogo I managed to hold off on all apart from Brayford and even by the end of the window get them to sign new contracts. I would like to thank Leicester especially for switching their interest to Kieran Gibbs which led to Harris being happy to stay.

13ylanb.png

Out

John Brayford - He wanted to go, of all the players that did, he was the easiest to replace. £1.7m a good fee for a player who hasn't yet made it in the Championship.

Scott McDonald - Too old and not going to get a game ahead of the other 3 strikers. Wanted to get off the wage bill

Jamal Campbell-Ryce - See McDonald

In

Rory Donnelly - Brought in for peanuts to compete with Jackson for a starting spot. A low risk gamble for someone with good stats and scored 29 goals for Tranmere in League 2 last season.

Alex Pritchard - A big prospect and available for a bargain price. Great dribbler and invaluable set piece abilities, will hopefully be a big asset.

Kyle Bartley - Needed a defender, Bartley was available on a free. Should be very good at this level, likely to be a started alongside Basham. Had a couple of loan spells at Sheffield Untied in the past too.

Delle Ali - Loaned in from Tottenham. Needed an extra CM to cover for the loss of Osborn, Ali looks like he will probably be the best I have going by his early season performances.

Matt Lowton - The obvious choice to replace Brayford. An ex Sheffield United player. Will have a point to prove to Aston Villa who are also in our league this season.

Fixtures so far

1zq9b4l.png

A great start to the season has seen us only lose once in the league. That was our first game of the season against Huddersfield, arguably the easiest we have had this far. Aside from that our league form has been excellent. Jackson winning the game away to Birmingham. Our first home win came against Brentford, Basham and Delle Ali scoring his first goal for the club from the spot. A superb 4-0 win followed at home to Leeds. Wordsworth, Done and Ali picked up goals and Kyle Bartley got his first for the club. Then came my best result so far at the club. 5-1 away to Boro. That man Jackson with a Hat trick, Done with his 2nd of the season and Pritchard scoring his first for the club. Unfortunately we went out of the cup to Derby.

Table

25q63at.png

Sitting pretty at the top. Would love to keep it going and feel we can. Aston Villa and QPR are likely to push on though and they could be tough to keep up with.

Great updates FF - Congrats on the FA Cup win and promotion, looks like you are very comfortable in Premiership too! You made a ton of money selling players!

Solid month Gunner - Nabi is on fire !

Great updates guys, although I feel I should change the title to FM15 - Sheffield United thread ;)

@fyrefuze: You've really taken the club to a new level, and the way you started there, it looks like a really good season is on the cards.

@sammo: Very good start to season 2 there. I really like the five new arrivals, all of them look like good deals and sensible choices.

Great updates guys, although I feel I should change the title to FM15 - Sheffield United thread ;)

you surely had last minute jitters man! Had you not changed your mind about picking them up for your current save - this thread here would probably have had a SUFC save running with every update of FM15.

Notts County update - season 2016/2017 - Sky Bet Championship

Life in the Championship started off brilliantly, but a few injuries here and there and we seem to have gone off the boil :(

t89IztE.png

Although looking at the big picture we aren't doing terribly, just frustrating to lose 5 in a row obviously, especially when a few of them were last minute winners or stupid mistakes from us.

aZlchgz.png

you surely had last minute jitters man! Had you not changed your mind about picking them up for your current save - this thread here would probably have had a SUFC save running with every update of FM15.

I'm definitely going to do Sheffield United at some point soon, it will be a nice change to start off with something good rather than scraping the bottom of the barrel and building up slowly.

@Gizmo: That's a dramatic change in form, but hopefully just one win (lucky or otherwise) and it'll kick you off again. Right now the form is matching your kit - black and white with nothing in between.

I have been bedridden for a few days so haven't progressed as I wanted but now I have atleast done some matches and well, quite pants to say the least

5IK9iX6.png

The victory we got against QPR may look comfortable but it was an exercise in frustration as both Saunders and Hwan got minor injuries and was subbed in half time while Shimizu got a "real" injury in the 65th when I had already done all my substitutions which meant we were down to 10 men. Topping on the cake was Jerkovics red card in the 85th putting in the annoying spot where we had to finish the game with 9 men and only 1-0, luckily Simic managed to score on a counter attack and sealing the deal.

The other match worth talking about is the Liverpool one where we defended brilliantly and gave them serious trouble on the counterattack, sadly we were a bit unpolished in the box and 0-0 was not unfair at all.

Monday 2nd February 2015

30 year old Irish striker David Mooney from Leyton Orient for £25k. Mooney has agreed a deal until 2016 with the option of a further year.

Mooney was brought in to help out the younger strikers in the first team (Nabi and Bunney) and to try and take some of the weight off of young Adil Nabi’s shoulders.

Tuesday 3rd February 2015

Injury Update:

Ian Henderson is currently out with a sprained ankle. The winger is expected to be out for between 8 days and 2 weeks.

Saturday 7th February 2015

Rochdale 2-0 Leyton Orient

Daryl Horgan picked up on a mistake by the Orient defence to put us into the lead from close range. Stephen Dawson ensured we would have the 3 points with a long range half volley on the 91st minute.

Stephen Dawson was selected in the League One Team of the Week.

Adil Nabi - 13/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 2/0

Stephen Dawson - 2/0

Peter Vincenti - 1/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Tuesday 10th February 2015

Walsall 1-4 Rochdale

Peter Vincenti opened the games scoring from 11 yards on the 5 minute mark. Vincenti added his second goal with a powerful finish from 18 yards. Walsall pulled a goal straight back though after 20 minutes to make things interesting. However Vincenti completed his hat-trick with a volley on the half hour mark. Captain Stephen Dawson finished the match just before the half time whistle.

Callum Camps was selected in the League One Team of the Week.

Adil Nabi - 13/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Peter Vincenti - 4/0

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 2/0

Stephen Dawson - 3/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Saturday 14th February 2015

Peterborough United 1-2 Rochdale

Scott Tanser, taking over penalty duties from the injured Ian Henderson gave us the lead. Adil Nabi doubled the advantage on 19 minutes finishing after Peter Vincenti had put him through on goal. Former Rochdale man gave Chris Dagnall gave The Posh hope but we held on for the victory.

Adil Nabi - 14/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Peter Vincenti - 4/0

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 3/0

Stephen Dawson - 3/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Tuesday 17th February 2015

Injury Update:

Lloyd Jones is currently out with a damaged elbow. The central defender is expected to be out for between 2 to 6 days.

Febian Barndy is currently out with a gashed lower leg. The right winger is expected to be out for between 5 to 9 days.

Bastian Hery is currently out with a bruised rib. The central midfielder is expected to be out for between 6 to 9 days.

Saturday 21st February 2015

Rochdale 2-1 Chesterfield

We controlled the game as Chesterfield were brushed aside. Adil Nabi gave us the lead on the 24th minute with a close range finish. Nabi grabbed the second on 44 minutes with a clever header from inside the 6 yard box. Chesterfield grabbed a goal back on 54 minutes but we controlled the match professionally to win again.

Adil Nabi - 16/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Peter Vincenti - 4/0

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 3/0

Stephen Dawson - 3/0

Febian Brandy - 1/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

Thursday 26th February 2015

21 year old full back Sean McGinty agreed to join Vanarama Conference North side Halifax Town on loan for 1 month.

Saturday 28th February 2015

Bristol City 3-1 Rochdale

We was powerless to defeat against one of the top teams in the league. Febian Brandy gave us the lead following a quick break but 2 goals from Aaron Wilbraham and 1 from Jay Emmanuel-Thomas gave The Robins the victory.

Adil Nabi - 16/5

Ian Henderson - 10/2

Joe Bunney - 5/3

Calvin Andrew - 3/3

Mohamed Coulibaly - 4/1

Peter Vincenti - 4/0

Jamie Allen - 1/2

Callum Camps - 3/0

Ashley Eastham - 1/1

Daryl Horgan - 2/1

Scott Tanser - 3/0

Stephen Dawson - 3/0

Febian Brandy - 2/0

Rhys Bennett - 0/1

End of Month Round-Up - February 2015

Sky Bet League One - 2nd (possible finish 1st to 24th)

League One Player of the Month - Stephen Dawson (2nd)

League One Young Player of the Month - Scott Tanser (3rd)

League One Manager of the Month - Thomas Timson (Winner)

Sheffield United Mid Season review 2015/16

sb4zrn.jpg

Table

112g7s0.png

We are flying in the Championship. 2nd in the league and looking for back to back promotions. Stoke are a very strong side and I think their experienced squad may have too much quality to catch. We look good for a 2nd place finish however, hopefully we can continue the good form.

Results

1s04lu.png

af9gz7.png

I hate December. Just like last season, after a great run up until December I seem to just have a terrible run during it. We won the steel city derby, beating Wednesday 2-0 away from home. Alex Pritchard has been sensational and already earned himself a pay rise. Simeon Jackson started the season as he finished the last scoring 14 goals so far, unfortunately he picked up an injury but Rory Donnelly has hit form and is proving to be a bargain.

January Transfer

mtw8et.png

Matty Done was a very good performer for me, however when Brentford showed an interest he came to me and said he wanted to move for more money. I was quite annoyed by his greed so let him go for a decent fee.

6olcnr.png

I needed to replace Done so I decided to bring in Matty Phillips. A very exciting winger who IMO is much better than Done. If he produce strikes like last weeks against Palace I will be very happy.

Nice update Gunner, 2nd in the league! Great stuff. Rochdale recieved over £300k from me selling Done. Maybe it can happen in your game

Great updates Gunner & sammo. Good to see Rochdale flying again, and I see Vincenti has improved. Hopefully Mooney will be a useful asset too. Similarly impressive form at Sheff Utd, and good to see that Pritchard and now Donnelly have made telling contributions. That seems like a fair trade on Done/Phillips, hopefully it will be a masterstroke (and provide useful funding to 'that lot' in Rochdale).

Cheers both! Yes, Vincenti has been much improved recently so hopefully he can keep it up. Ian Henderson is attracting interest from Bolton and he's already asked to leave although he's happy to see the season out and he's willing to stay IF we get promoted.

Glad to see you're doing well Sammo! IMO you've made a good decision swapping Phillips for Done. Such a shame that I don't have the pleasure of seeing Matty (and Ince) running down the wings for Blackpool anymore!

Nice going Sammo. back to back promotions is easy with SUFC but I like the fact you are doing it with local lads. I just got distracted with the money in my pocket.

Sad to see your run in FA Cup cut short by Arsenal.

I hate December. Just like last season, after a great run up until December I seem to just have a terrible run during it. We won the steel city derby, beating Wednesday 2-0 away from home. Alex Pritchard has been sensational and already earned himself a pay rise. Simeon Jackson started the season as he finished the last scoring 14 goals so far, unfortunately he picked up an injury but Rory Donnelly has hit form and is proving to be a bargain.

December and January are toughest of the months one or the other puts magical (rather jinxed) stop to your run.

Great signings again especially replacing Matty with Matt. :p

The thing is, the team isn't actually that bad and contains some decent players. Costa Rica star Jose Miguel Cubero, Jamie O'Hara, Andrea Orlandi, Joe Lewis etc. But anyway let's keep on track!

My season is going to go down to the wire, hopefully automatic promotion but it's tight!

Archived