FM15 - The Sky Bet Football League thread

Jogo Bonito

Fenlander, thanks for the info. That's not bad for a modest L1 side. It's useful they have that affiliate deal with Spurs (although strangely start with no loans from them this year, and two from Southampton). I hope you're getting on well and enjoying it.

Ginola, good luck to you at Ipswich. Hopefully it won't be your last attempt in the Football League for 9 years!

Champ, I thought the point of building a new stadium was to invest for the future, in the belief you will grow and to maximise match day income from that too. Capping it at that level seems odd, but I did some research and it seems to have taken them 7 years to get to that stage, and the initial plan had been for 10,000. I guess if they don't feel they will outgrow it, there is some sense in downscaling due to affordability, but in FM terms that's going to limit your potential as a manager.

Same that is what i thought building a new stadium was about which was a surprise to me when i saw it on the club information screen. Yeah especially as in the last few games have started to play better and looking like we could get into the playoffs. Might ask for an extension as soon as it is built.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about to go into the biggest game so far in my save. Chasing down 6th place in the Championship in 18/19 with MK Don's. It's my 4th season with the club, and 3rd in the Championship. Got to play Derby away, with a win sending me into the play-off places for the first time this season!

J926vt7.jpg

I'm not sure to be honest - it's something I asked for in the new features wish list, so that when you looked at the page before selecting your club, you knew this information.

I wish I could have had these budgets included in my league guides, but unfortunately I don't think it's possible without starting a save with all 72 clubs (unless any clever soul know how to access the data from the editor).

In Championship terms I doubt many would be bigger than Nottm Forest, but Brentford's is healthy if it's £4m. In League 1, I would imagine Sheffield United, then possibly Bristol City - but they're only educated guesses.

Here you go Joga. Just done it for you.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/409665-English-Football-League-Transfer-and-Wage-Budgets!?p=10004302#post10004302

Wow, Lewis that is absolutely fantastic stuff - thanks so much! Do you mind if I copy and paste in to the relevant sections of each league in this thread?

In any case, brilliant work!

After 12 games the top of div.1 is as follows:-

1 colchester 13 26pts

2 mk dons 12 25pts

3 preston 12 24pts

4 rochdale 12 23pts

5 SWINDON 12 21pts

Swindon are proving to be rather a jeckal and hyde team winning some games that they should have lost and losing games that we had no right to lose,typical of this was the 4-2 away defeat at barnsley we battered them had 16shots on target hit the woodwork twice and barnsley scored 4 goals out of their 5 shots on target.Our interest it the capital cup lasted no longer than the 2nd round when we lost 3-0 at home to Man. Utd not exactly a surprise but an almost full house boosted our finances.We are no longer in the Johnson Paint Trophy after a 2-0 defeat away at MK Dons but in fairness to ourselves we put out a decidedly under strength team giving the squad players an outing.After the defeat in the Paint Trophy we won 3 and drew 1 of our next 4 games and moved up to 3rd place in div.1 this how ever proved to be short lived as we then had a run of 3 away games losing at Barnsley 4-2,and Leyton Orient 2-1 we then steadied the ship with a good 3-2 win at Yeovil and thats where we are at the moment lying 5th in league 1 but the worrying thing is that the defence after looking solid from the start of the season has started leaking goals conceding 8 in our last 3 games all be it all away from home.We managed to sign Martin Taylor to give us cover at centre-back he is 34 and usually i wouldn,t consider signing somebody at that age but his stats are ok and will do a job for us this season,Spurs offered us Ryan Mason on a season long loan and i thought ...YES,YES.....only to be disappointed when he turned us down some of these footballers just have no ambition at all.....lol

Wow, Lewis that is absolutely fantastic stuff - thanks so much! Do you mind if I copy and paste in to the relevant sections of each league in this thread?

In any case, brilliant work!

Of course you can mate, was sort of just for you and this thread but thought it could help others as well.

Of course you can mate, was sort of just for you and this thread but thought it could help others as well.

I really appreciate that Lewis, I will do so and credit you for it. There were some surprises in those figures for me - e.g. Bury (low), Peterborough (must be so high because of Britt), Cardiff (low). I know that will really help me picking my clubs, so am sure others will find it very useful.

Nice update Fenlander. It's a shame about Ryan Mason, as he was a player I had shortlisted to loan in too. I had him at Portsmouth in FM14, and you probably spotted in his history that he had a good spell on loan with Swindon last season in real life. It always seems to take a while to settle down, so hopefully the defence will come good again and results will continue to be positive. At the end of the day, a top six finish would be a good season.

Tommo is leaving us in suspense over his crucial clash with Derby ;)

No worries mate, glad I could help. Hopefully I will be a regular contributor to this thread this FM.

Thanks and it will be great to have you contributing. Budget info has now been added to the Championship and League 1 sections, hopefully the entire League 2 part will be up very soon.

Will start a save with Millwall, any good free transfers that might help me try a push for the play-offs?

Welcome along and good luck with Millwall. Good suggestion by Quinby, as Eagles should be an asset to any Championship side - especially on a free transfer. Another one to consider is Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, also unattached at the start of the game. What areas of the team were you looking to recruit for?

MK-Dons-logo-300x300.jpg

2015/16; League 1 Play Off Winners

2016/17; 19th Championship

2017/18; 20th Championship

2018/19; Championship Play Off Winners'

Fantastic season! Tactically never got things right in the previous two seasons, which led to untold frustration and underachievement. Finally got things right, being able to set-up an efficient counter attacking approach that made use of the pace throughout the side, and results came. A wonderful run in to the end of the season saw me sneak into the play-off places for the first time in the whole season.

Player of the Season - Ravel Morrison

Picked up the Championship Player of the Year. Was on loan from Crystal Palace last season, and managed to sign him on a free after he was released for this year. Very often a different class from center of midfield!

Top Goalscorer - Stipe Perica (16)

Released from Chelsea at end of last season, so joined on a free transfer. Scored 16 goals and has developed into a good strong center forward.

Young Player of the Season - Rolando Aarons

Yep, another free transfer! Released from Newcastle, and has flourished on the left side of my midfield. Scored a hat-trick at Wembley in the Play-off Finals!

Brilliant season, well done for persevering as I know you were getting annoyed. What are your budgets like for the Premier League or haven't you got that far yet?

Pitiful, no investment of the £54M that I've been given up front for TV rights. Would expect to be given a better budget if I can stay up and I'm around for a second season. Have gone for Avoid Relegation, but with 15% transfer sales retention, I'm going to struggle to even sign players on free transfers now being in the Premier League. Not cool :(

zTGvlgp.jpg

Welcome along and good luck with Millwall. Good suggestion by Quinby, as Eagles should be an asset to any Championship side - especially on a free transfer. Another one to consider is Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, also unattached at the start of the game. What areas of the team were you looking to recruit for?

Thanks for the suggestions. The central midfield area and the right wing as well as the right side of the defence seem thin and need reinforcements. The budget is 1m.

That is extremely harsh, it's as if the board don't even want to stay up. I hope you do of course, not much room to manoevre with the wage budget either. That's going to be hard.

Has proved very challenging to try and find players that are affordable and are able to strengthen the team. Have made a couple of loan signings, and a couple of free transfers but that's about it. Tottenham approached me for an interview which I took. Chairman at MK Don's then approached me to stay and I managed to strong arm him into increasing the wage budget to £275k, which should mean I'll be able to now get one signing of a new star player.

Has proved very challenging to try and find players that are affordable and are able to strengthen the team. Have made a couple of loan signings, and a couple of free transfers but that's about it. Tottenham approached me for an interview which I took. Chairman at MK Don's then approached me to stay and I managed to strong arm him into increasing the wage budget to £275k, which should mean I'll be able to now get one signing of a new star player.

Good tactic that.

Congrats Tommo but what on earth were your board thinking of?!? That was a ridiculous budget for Premier League football!

What positions are you looking at Pedro? I believe you have about £400k to spend?

Xantheose, I'm not sure on exact values of these, but you might need to look at L1 players or foreign recruits for a club like Millwall? Nathan Thompson (Swindon), Cyrus Christie (Derby), Eric Lichaj (Forest), Shaun Cummings (Reading) might be RB options. For midfield, Eagles is ideal for the right side, but maybe Jed Wallace (Portsmouth), Ryan Mason (Tottenham - loan), Massimo Luongo (Swindon), Dele Alli (expensive at £2.5m) are worth a look?

** The League 2 section is now completed **

That is the worst budget I've ever seen.

It's going to be tight staying up I reckon - I'd say it's not worth trying to shift your current lot of players (the backups) on as you'll disrupt the team's harmony.

However, is there a big player in your team who you could sell to finance some signings?

EDIT: Quick question - has your club got any decent sized loans? Also, what have you spent (and sold) in the previous seasons? Are your finances healthy?

That is the worst budget I've ever seen.

It's going to be tight staying up I reckon - I'd say it's not worth trying to shift your current lot of players (the backups) on as you'll disrupt the team's harmony.

However, is there a big player in your team who you could sell to finance some signings?

EDIT: Quick question - has your club got any decent sized loans? Also, what have you spent (and sold) in the previous seasons? Are your finances healthy?

Seems to me that most of the income from being in the Premier League has been used to pay off debt. At the end of the transfer window my net debt stood around £18M, with me also noticing it to be considerably less after last look - with it now at £3.85M! Am confident I'll be able to stay up, but not being given much of a budget has definatly held me back a season from pushing on to getting into Europe etc. All I'll be able to do this season is finish below European places, which is next target once getting into Premier League.

Have only made one signing for money since taking over management - a 35 year old Leon Britton for £375K. So have gone through another window by recruiting on free transfers and loan signings. Not being able to go out a spend money though has allowed me to promote two players into the first team from my youth academy - Declan MacKenzie and Dave Fisher. Also waiting for a work permit for now Serbian International, ex-Man United academy goalkeeper Vanja Milinković-Savić

Thiago Casasola - Free

Nathan Baker - Free

Sam Gallagher - Season loan from Southampton

Marco Calderoni - Season loan from Cagliari

Hachim Mastour - Season Loan from AC Milan

Pedro Bigas - Season Loan from Almeria

Brett Hampton* - Season Loan from Celtic

Oliver Swaine* - Season Loan from Man United

Maurizio Cassaro* - Season Loan from Sampdoria

*Regen

been sacked as york boss after i was annoyed with the board and wasn't supportive of them, left them 1 point off the playoffs in league 1 and my last game being a 3-2 win away at Barnsley. :( made a separate save while looking for a job so i can go back to york before being sacked.

Just reached the half-way stage in the season and Swindon are still in the mix sitting in 5th position in div.1

1 Mk Dons........23 46pts

2 Colchester.....23 45pts

3 Preston.........23 44

4 Rochdale.......23 42

5 SWINDON......23..40

6 Doncaster.....23 40

7Peterborough..23 39

It,s been a very frustrating time at Swindon just can,t get a decent run going its 2 steps forward 1 back,had a terrible run of injuries and at the moment wb nathan bryne,cm,s yasim kasim and louis thompson are all out injured with wb brad smith and cm massimo luongo both away on international duty until february our squad is really stretched to the limit.

Ben Siegrist our back up keeper on loan from Villa has decided to return to his home club as he wasnt getting enough games here at swindon so in the january window need to find a replacement for him and also add some depth to our squad but with very little spare wages and no transfer budget left its going to be a struggle.

Have reached the 3rd round of the f.a.cup and have a home draw against championship side Ipswich will be interesting to see how we perform against them as we are looking to be playing in the championship

Tommo: good luck trying to stay up!

Lewis: a great start for your prize pair - at least it didn't make my 'spotlight' section look foolish!

Champ: good luck if you find a new Football League club or go back to York pre-sacking. As it's obviously not based on results, at least you know how far you can push the board now!

Fenlander: it's tough with all those absences, but you're hanging in there and doing a good job. Maybe with your Spurs loan link, McGee may be a decent back-up keeper for a bit?

Ok so after thinking I was going to play as Tranmere that didn't happen. After a while of trying to pick a team I finally ended up going with Bolton Wanderers. The reason I selected them was whilst they have a decent stadium and youth set up, (in game, not sure about real life) they have the most debt in the Football League and are failing FFP so that should add a nice little extra challenge to the game.

Upon accepting the job and signing a 1 year contract worth £11,500 a week, the board said they would like a respectable finish in the league this season. Which given the starting squad should be fine but may be a little harder when the big earners are (hopefully) sold in January to help the clubs finances.

Staff

My first job was to evaluate the staff, we had more coaches/physios than we were allowed and most of them are pretty average at best. Contract terminations were agreed with Jamie Miller and Matthew Fox (both physios) that enabled us to fall below the limit and allowed me to sign Steve Guppy(coach). In the scouting department we were again over the boards limit and most of the scouts were awful at best so we said goodbye to; Tony Askew, James Bell-Walker, Mick Raynor, Kevin Rides, Lee Sargeson and Lyndon Simmonds. We had one free space left so David Hamilton joined the club and became the best scout that we have. I then noticed that I was allowed a Director of Football and didn't have one, so upon placing an advert I signed Paul Hart. The reason we signed him was down to his 'skill' of judging players potential which most of our coaching staff lack.

Squad

The squad is an interesting mix of overpaid older players and some interesting prospects. The plan is to integrate some of the youngsters(Hayden White, Andy Kellett, Chris Lester, Zach Clough and a few others into the 1st team squad) and hopefully offload some of the older,expensive guys when the transfer window opens in January.

Finances

Not looking good at all. We owe £118 million to the clubs owner Eddie Davies and are failing FFP in spectacular fashion. The board have said that 10% of any incoming transfer fees will be given to me to spend on new players.

Transfer dealings

I play with the first window turned off.

We haven't signed any new players(although we have Mason and Mcnaughton on loan from Cardiff) and no one has left the club permanently(Andrews and Baptiste are out on loan). We had Matthew Etherington in on a trial after his agent contacted us and Etherington performed well in the games but we didn't sign him due to his agent wanting £120,000 in agent fees.

We've loaned a few youngsters out; Joe Riley(DR) is at Oxford Utd, Alex Honeyball(MC) is at Colwyn Bay and Aaron Knight(ST) is at Bradford PA.

Preseason results, July 9th-August 4th 2014

9/7 vs Bolton U21's 2-0. A nice run out for the first team, nothing more nothing less.

12/7 vs Guimarães 1-1. Again not bothered by the result just giving game time to the squad and hoping they get used to the system.

16/7 at FC United 4-1. Comfortable win for us.

19/7 at Ebbsfleet 4-3. Should have been a comfortable win, but Andy Lonergan who came on at HT left the game in the 70th minute which meant Darren Pratley had to replace him in goal and Ebbsfleet took advantage of this.

23/7 at Ashton Utd 8-2. Whilst the standard of opposition wasn't that high, it's good to see the players are getting used to the system and taking some of the chances that are being created.

26/7 at Morecambe 8-3. As with the Ashton game, our opponents weren't great but we again took the bulk of our chances. Our first choice defence looks solid, it's the back ups who look shaky. Just hope we can avoid injury to our first choice defenders.

30/7 vs Schalke II 3-0. Our best performance of preseason but it came at a small cost we lost a few guys to injuries. But it seems the players are getting used to the formation and the system I intend us to play.

4/8 at Hartlepool 6-0. Again not the toughest team to play against but another confidence builder before the season proper starts.

Injury list 8th August 2014

Harry Campbell(GK) out for another 4-5 weeks with a broken finger.

Ádám Bogdán (GK) Stubbed finger in training and will miss 1-2 days, so will miss the opening game of the season.

Dorian Dervite (D) Been out with a thigh strain that he picked up vs Schalke II. Close to return.

Andy Kellet (D) Still out for three more weeks, with an injury that happened before I took over.

Dean Moxey (D) Hamstring injury picked up vs Schalke II. Still another 7-10 days before he returns to training.

Andy Hughes (M) Back injury picked up in training out for another 2-3 weeks.

Medo (M) Twisted his ankle in the game vs Morecambe. Out for another week.

Josh Vela (M) Knee ligament strain picked up vs Schalke II. Out for another 4-5 weeks.

Stuart Holden (M) Long term injury, 4-5 months before he returns to training.

Mark Davies (M) Twisted his ankle vs Schalke II, another 7-11 days before he returns to training.

Sanmi Odelusi (M) Hamstring injury picked up in training. 7 days before he returns to training.

Conor Wilkinson (F) Groin strain picked up in training, about to return to training.

I apologize for the long and boring wall of text, I'll add some pictures in my next update.

Just a couple of questions:

How do I take screenshots?

I know I can't post pictures directly from my computer, can anyone recommend a good sight, is photobucket or something similar still around?

Is there a limit to the size of picture you can upload to this forum?

Nice introduction Scott and good luck with Bolton. Definitely not one of the easier Championship challenges, so gives you something different to tackle. Like you, I usually start with staff changes, I get rid of anybody that has poor stats for their role, and anybody that doesn't have an image (even if they're good). Hopefully the injury situation will clear soon and you might be able to offload some players in the winter.

There used to be a guide somewhere on the forum about doing screen shots. Personally I only found out from here a couple of years ago (I use photobucket for mine). I don't believe there is a limit per image, but a limit per month, which even I rarely max out.

I'm now ready to select my first serious team since Reading in the BETA (I know, you can't call them a serious team...) but it takes me ages to pick. I wanted to start at L2 level but couldn't decide between Bury, Burton, Morecambe or Plymouth. Instead it might be L1 to begin with, although I still have a few options to choose from there too!

Kicked off my game with Bristol City today. After a decent summer of recruitment from Steve Cotterill, the squad is pretty much ready to take you to a decent championship standard.

Following the obligatory revamp of backroom staff i've loaned in the following players:

Benjamin Siegrist - Our original backup for Frankie Fielding wasn't even conference standard so following the suggestions from this post Siegrist came in. Seems to love saving penalties

BenjaminSiegrist_OverviewAttributes_zps031fba88.png

Lewis Baker- Dead ball specialist who was injured when I got him on deadline day but breaking in nicely now

LewisBaker_OverviewAttributes_zpsed7b6f46.png

Will Keane- Top False 9 for this level, deserves a chance after a stop start career so far. Not exactly hit the ground running but has good link up play

WillKeane_OverviewAttributes_zps78d9f4c4.png

Lining up something like this

Tactics_OverviewOverview_zpsabf99c51.png

Here we are so far. Knocked out of the League cup by Cardiff of all teams :( But the leagues going well

SkyBetLeague1_OverviewProfile_zps07c7af12.png

As the OP stated Kieran Agard and Joe Bryan are the ones to watch out for

KieranAgard_OverviewAttributes_zps1adff520.png

JoeBryan_OverviewAttributes_zpsf256c318.png

Ronaldo Beckham, welcome. I think Lewis has just given you the short answer: make the most of Wilson & Ritchie!

Jaaaws, all three you mentioned are good clubs. Hope you enjoy the one you pick.

Stuart, that's a cracking start. I'm pleased my suggested key men are working out well for you, but I've got a confession to make though. I was going to go with Swindon until I saw the other day that Fenlander had done so. Instead, for something different, I picked Bristol City. I'm usually a 442 man and apart from the odd tactical test, I haven't been away from a back four since FM13. I thought I would try and replicate Bristol's back three in FM15 and quite frankly it's been a disaster. Heading towards the end of August, we've played 10 games including friendlies and won just one of them - and that was in the COC! I've already abandoned the back three as it was difficult to get the right players in the right positions, and I have a feeling I may be sacked before I even get my first update up. I was really pleased with my staffing re-structure, but should have started with something more similar to you. I'll give it a few more games, but might even consider starting again with a more familiar formation/tactics.

Lewis: a great start for your prize pair - at least it didn't make my 'spotlight' section look foolish!

Champ: good luck if you find a new Football League club or go back to York pre-sacking. As it's obviously not based on results, at least you know how far you can push the board now!

Fenlander: it's tough with all those absences, but you're hanging in there and doing a good job. Maybe with your Spurs loan link, McGee may be a decent back-up keeper for a bit?

Thanks am oldham now, only had 2 games in charge but am in the playoff for the championship, york finished 9th 4 points off a playoff place, my replacement who was my assistant did a decent job it seems.

Ronaldo Beckham, welcome. I think Lewis has just given you the short answer: make the most of Wilson & Ritchie!

Jaaaws, all three you mentioned are good clubs. Hope you enjoy the one you pick.

Stuart, that's a cracking start. I'm pleased my suggested key men are working out well for you, but I've got a confession to make though. I was going to go with Swindon until I saw the other day that Fenlander had done so. Instead, for something different, I picked Bristol City. I'm usually a 442 man and apart from the odd tactical test, I haven't been away from a back four since FM13. I thought I would try and replicate Bristol's back three in FM15 and quite frankly it's been a disaster. Heading towards the end of August, we've played 10 games including friendlies and won just one of them - and that was in the COC! I've already abandoned the back three as it was difficult to get the right players in the right positions, and I have a feeling I may be sacked before I even get my first update up. I was really pleased with my staffing re-structure, but should have started with something more similar to you. I'll give it a few more games, but might even consider starting again with a more familiar formation/tactics.

It took me a while to settle on a tactic as well. Initially would have gone with the 3-5-2 but it would have been a waste of Freemans attributes and Agard is more of a winger than a striker in the game. So wanted a 4-2-3-1 so Jay Emmanual Thomas could play off of Wilbraham, couldnt find the balance in that either so ended up downloading this one. Seems to work a treat. Just hit january, definitely dont have enough decent cover in midfield so i've been giving Tom Fry and Joe Morrell starts occasionally, which hasnt been detrimental luckily but probably need to strengthen before the championship. Any suggestions on a box-to-box?

Will Keane has woken up by the way. Want to keep him for next season but I think he's developed too well, gonna be a big fight with other clubs

WillKeane_OverviewAttributes-2_zps3cc10055.png

May well stay up in the end. Won my first game of the season and it looked rosey, but then it took another 23 games to find the second win! Morale hit the bottom, and it was just impossible to get a performance out of anyone. Searched out ways to utilise team talks and suddenly found a way to get performances out of players - they started paying attention to my tactics, and I started winning games!

y8dTujY.pngzQ72lMz.png

MK-Dons_header_template.jpg

2015/16; League 1 Play Off Winners

2016/17; 19th Championship

2017/18; 20th Championship

2018/19; Championship Play Off Winners'

2019/20; 17th Premier League

To stay up on the last day I needed to win against Everton, and Aston Villa to lose their game against Nottingham Forest. Both outcomes came of perfectly, and I managed to beat Everton 4-1 to extend a 10 game unbeaten run which saw me climb out of the relegation zone for the first time since September. The key factor of me staying up was undoubtedly me somehow finding the holy grail of team talks which saw my players motivated to play the way I was asking them.

So despite not being given barely a penny by the board, I stayed up. Wasn't a particularly great season, as I was still targeting a higher finish, but pleased to be starting another season in the top flight.

Top Goalscorer & Player of the Season - Seko Fofana (5)

May well be his last season with us as he is seemingly refusing to sign a new contract. At the point I could offer him a new deal, I was unable to even sign him off on a £25K a week contract because I wasn't afforded enough funds! So looks like I'll be loosing the best player at the club on a free.

Young Player of the Season - Declan MacKenzie

My DOF decided it was a good idea to accept a loan bid from York City, so he spent the first six months of the season on loan in League 2. He scored a few goals that were vital in me staying up in the run in to the end of the season though. By far the brightest talent at the club, so looking forward to the academy product leading my strike force next season.

Honorable mentions; Dan Crowley 5th season at the club including 2 on loan. Has developed into a nice playmaker. Llyod Jones Released from Liverpool, spent three seasons in the Championship with me. One of few players to finish with a positive season. Ben Pearson Was one of my first signings at the club, coming in on a free transfer after release from Manchester United. There have been a few moments where I've looked to cash in on him due to rather uninspiring stats technically, but coaches reports on his potential swayed me to keep him. Has developed into decent hard working defensive midfielder, and put in good performances in the latter stages of the season.

A season too late, but I've been given a budget to work with for next season :D

MIa6Byc.png

Gripping stuff Tommo. Making up six points and an inferior goal difference in three games was a big ask, so congrats on a fantastic job!

Stuart, that's exactly what I was thinking. Players like Agard, Freeman and JET are kind of wasted in the 352. And I didn't feel we had three great central midfielders, so one was getting in the team just because of the formation. Added to that I was losing something from the best attackers, and from the FB/WB positions too. In summary, I was expecting to see good results like you - but started like the City of last year and not this year :eek:

It's good to see Keane doing so well, not bad for a loanee who didn't eat up any money. As for your B2B issue, you could perhaps use Jed Wallace (Portsmouth) in that role, if you can afford him? The two loan players I took in to boost my central midfield are more creatively static than the B2B type, so wouldn't be the right suggestions. Other than that, I quite like Palmer (Burton) who I think could be developed.

Gripping stuff Tommo. Making up six points and an inferior goal difference in three games was a big ask, so congrats on a fantastic job!

Stuart, that's exactly what I was thinking. Players like Agard, Freeman and JET are kind of wasted in the 352. And I didn't feel we had three great central midfielders, so one was getting in the team just because of the formation. Added to that I was losing something from the best attackers, and from the FB/WB positions too. In summary, I was expecting to see good results like you - but started like the City of last year and not this year :eek:

It's good to see Keane doing so well, not bad for a loanee who didn't eat up any money. As for your B2B issue, you could perhaps use Jed Wallace (Portsmouth) in that role, if you can afford him? The two loan players I took in to boost my central midfield are more creatively static than the B2B type, so wouldn't be the right suggestions. Other than that, I quite like Palmer (Burton) who I think could be developed.

Hey what role have you used Palmer in? DLP by any chance?

Archived