DirtyJoe

VfL WOLFSBURG

cdVgS64.jpg

VFL Wolfsburg

Nickname: Die Wölfe (The Wolves)

Founded: 12 September 1945

Club Colours: Green and White

Primary Rivals: Hannover 96 and Eintracht Braunschweig

Fan Friendships: None (it’s lonely in here …)

Honours:

Bundesliga: 2009

Stadium: Volkswagen Arena (Capacity 30,000) (Opened 13 December 2002)

2013-14 Finishes:

Bundesliga: 5th (60 pts)

DFB Pokal: Semi Finalist (lost 2-0 to Borussia Dortmund)

Top Goal Scorer: Ivica Olić (15 in all competitions)

2013-14 Season Summary

Club Reputation

For many Bundesliga fans, VfL Wolfsburg are considered somewhat of a “plastic club,” which is likely due to the club’s roots as a “works” team for the automobile manufacturer Volkswagen. However, considering the long-standing history of the club, Die Wölfe are perhaps more looked on with more indifference as opposed to outright derision, like Hoffenheim and RasenBallsport Leipzig). After years playing in the lower divisions of German football, Wolfsburg made the jump to the top flight in the 1997-98 season and have remained there ever since, reaching the summit in 2008-09 with their first and only Bundesliga title.

Reality

Looking at the more recent seasons, Wolfsburg have appeared to run hot or cold. Since their title win under the stewardship of Felix Magath, Wolfsburg have had 6 different managers including current Stuttgart manager Armin Veh and former England Manager Steve McClaren. Magath would reprise his role in 2011 but wasn’t able to survive the Hinrunde of 2012. Lorenz-Günther Köstner, who himself was interim manager in between Veh and McClaren, held the Wolfsburg fort until the end of 2013, when current manager Dieter Hecking left his post at 1. FC Nürnberg to take over at Die Wölfe. Under Hecking the team appears to be a more stable side and is perhaps poised to end the inconsistency and cement themselves as a genuine Bundesliga heavyweight. Or at the very least, in the weight class directly beneath.

Takeaway from 2013-14

Wolfsburg need to build on their success and not fall into the valley that they seemingly cannot avoid after a relatively positive season. Similarly, they should look to start strong due to the tricky scheduling near the end of each of the season’s two halves.

The Club

"The fortune favours the Brave"

71Xsojk.png

Finances:

Keeping a relative stable squad over the summer as opposed to past seasons, has left a healthy transfer kitty of €26M. Once again you have a high committed salary budget with little room to manoeuvre.

Transfer Budget: €26M

Total Player Wage Budget: €1,556,000 per week

Current Player Wage Budget: €1,448,000 per week

Management Team

A lot of work to be done with an overhaul of the back room staff and scouting teams. The club are really pushing on the converted Champions League spot this season, and the staff are just not up to the required standards.s

The Squad

Goal Keepers:

No change to your keepers as from 2013/2014, Diego Benaglio (Captain) is your Key first team choice, Grun is only a back up at best. You do crave a youth team prospect.

Team Rating: Excellent

Potential Targets:Timo Horn (Koln), Odisseas Vlachodimos (Stuttgart),Oliver Schnitzler (Leverkusen)

1w58ygw.png

Defenders:

A strong trio at the back with experienced Naldo & Klose, adding young home grown starlet Robin Knoche who has risen to the challenge in 2013/2014 asa proven defender. Brazilian Felipe starts transfer listed and has never lived up to the exceptions when signed. Horn and Ghandhour are very good youth prospects how should be tutored sooner rather than later.

Team Rating: Very Good

Potential Targets: Marc-Oliver Kempf (Frankfurt), Niklus Sule (Hoffenhiem),

WvA3hBN.png

Full Backs:

You have some the leagues best wing backs in Rodriguez, Trasch and new sign Sebastian Jung (Frankfurt). Schafer can still provide excellent cover for Rodriguez, Ochs starts of injured and Fagner is still out on loan. Rodriguez lead the league on assist from his marauding left back position and started all 34 games for the club.

Potential Targets: Bastian Oczipka (Frankfurt), Marcell Jansen (HSV), Jeremy Toljan (Hoffenhien), Nico Schulz (Hertha)

y7vtQFk.png

Midfield:

The midfield is looking good this season with Gustavo another season in and Malanda looking very settled, with loan signing Josuha Guilavogui to add some cover to your defensive part. Another solid player here would be valuable to support the team.

The attacking option in midfield are very good, with De Bruyne, Arnold, Persic, Verinhia, Daniel Caligiuri and new signing Hunt (Werder Bremen) who can play across the entire third of the pitch. You have good cover and flexiability, even the Persic is out injured for 4 months.

Potential Signings: Sascha Horvath (Austra Wien), Gokhan Gul (Bochum), Valmir Sulejmani (Hannover)

Defensive Midfielders

z6ibyb3.png

Attacking Midfielders

1ADez7m.png

Forwards:

Ivica Olic was first choice last season and lead the scoring, but at 34yrs is probably his last season as first choice. Bendtner brought in from Arsenal to challenge along side Das Bost solidarity up front role. I am no convinced that either of these 2 players take the team to the next level. Huntelaar from Schalke would be ideal. However, Olic to lead the line to start with, maybe ship Das Bost off to another club and look at investing into a out & out complete forward that you will need.

Team Rating: Good

Potential Signings:Tim Probst (Freiburg), Timo Werner (Stuttgart)

yiQPaJC.png

s

Philosophy

Tactical

If last season is any indication, Dieter Hecking is a fan of the 4-2-3-1 (The squad reflects this). This formation with its double pivot offers excellent positional balance between attacking and defending. This balance is extremely important given left back Ricardo Rodriguez’s penchant for joining the attack as one of the pivots provides the necessary cover in the event of a quick counter attack. Look for Junior Malanda or newcomer Josuha Guilavogui to partner with the excellent Luiz Gustavo as the defensive midfield’s double sechser.

Given Wolfsburg’s depth at attacking midfield, and even further bolstered by the arrival of Aaron Hunt from Werder Bremen, this formation allows for a constant swarm of fresh attackers, most of whom can play multiple attacking positions. Additionally, look for Nicklas Bendtner and Bas Dost to challenge the veteran Ivica Olić for the lone striker spot.

Plan B

Traditional 4-2-3-1 (double 6) was the Plan B after a failed attempt to convert one of those double 6’s into a more central and attack minded midfielder, playing more as a 4-1-4-1 with a ‘false 6’. This squad definitely has the personnel to give that a shot, but it might perhaps be best to be used as an in game tactical switch or against ‘weaker’ opposition.

A switch to a wide 4-1-4-1 DM, The number 10 (Hunt) dropping into a attacking central midfield role, whilst the 8 (Malanda) pushes up along side him to form a central pivot trio. Gustavo (DM) Hunt (AP) Malanda (B2B)

vZmce34.png9OBg8vd.png

Strengths and Weaknesses

Wolfsburg’s key strength is its attack, both in sheer quality and depth. They tied with Schalke for third in goals scored last season, and those goals were spread throughout the squad. The loss of midfield talisman Diego’s production should be offset by the addition of Aaron Hunt and a full season of Kevin De Bruyne, to say nothing of the others. Additionally, Wolfsburg’s home record ranked amongst the top teams, taking at least a point in 14 of their 17 matches at the Volkswagen Arena.

It may be simple to suggest, but team defence may be a concern for Die Wölfe. The team kept only 5 clean sheets last season and were undoubtedly helped along by their ability to score goals to get them out of trouble. All too often Wolfsburg had to come from behind in matches, often times scoring late, to claim points. They would do well to rectify that shortcoming in the upcoming season.

"The Crack"

The squad is good enough to qualify for the champions league, a slight rebuild of personnel is probably needed as wages are over the top. There is a need to invest in some youth for your under 19's and help increase the home grown numbers for Europe.

Transfers Strategy

I am mainly targeting German U21 players during this season, as to move on established players such as Das Bost, Schafer, Naldo and maybe Gustavo will just hinder our progress to the top 4. New signings this season, will get tutored and the occasional cup matches.

Transfers In -

Gokhun Gul 16 (DM) - Bochum - €750K

Tim Probst 16 (ST) - Freiburg - €1.1M

Sasha Horvath 18 (AMC) - Austria Wien - €2.5M

Sebastian Oczipka 25 (WBL) - Frankfurt - €2.5M

Nicklas Stark 19 (DM) - Nurnburg - €5M season loan back

Philipp Seidl 16 (MR) - Sturm Graz - €325K

Marko Kvasina 16 (ST) - Austria Wien - €2M Joining 1/7/2015

Total Spend - €12.32M

Players Out

Daniel Caligiuri (Hoffenhien)- €4.5M

Vieirinha (Schalke) - €4.5M

Feliple (Internacioncal) - €300K

Total - €9.25M

Played with Wolfsburg during the beta.

My tips

1) Renew Ricardo Rodriguez contract. He has only 2 years left and also will ward off other clubs interest.

2) Sign a pacy defender.

3) Sign a more complete striker(pace, strength and finishing).

I had a real debate with myself between Leverkusen and Wolfsburg for my Bundesliga save but ultimately I'm sticking with the wolf.

Haven't gone beyond day one, just trying to do as much prep as possible. Looking at bringing Pione Sisto to add something out wide, can really see a new front man is needed, Olic isn't gonna perform forever and well.. It's Bendtner.

Will do a proper update when I get time to dive right in.

Played with Wolfsburg during the beta.

My tips

1) Renew Ricardo Rodriguez contract. He has only 2 years left and also will ward off other clubs interest.

2) Sign a pacy defender.

3) Sign a more complete striker(pace, strength and finishing).

Good points, I didn't do 1) and have promised to qualify for CL for him to resign.

Point 2, not a priority in my game in the first season, as I want of offload Klose & Naldo at the end of the season, so will do it then.

Point 3, agree, I just could not get anyone suitable at a realistic price.

I signed Ricardo Rodriguez with Arsenal in January for £5.5m, oh my god... what a player!

It kind of makes me want to start a save with Wolfsburg, just for him.

It seems im taking that £21m you start with and really trying to "fill out" the squad. Trying to move on a couple of the older high earners with not much luck, think I might being bringing in too many new faces but we'll see.

Gonna try De Bruyne out on the AMR as a Raumdeuter.

Been waiting for someone to make a Wolfsburg thread!

Just finished the winter break in the first season, and I'm third behind Bayern and Dortmund, just four points off the top, - only lost four games all season, two of which came in the first three games.

Playing 5-3-2, with Rodriguez and Jung the wing-backs. Have retrained De Bruyne to a centre-mid so he's more comfortable playing that role, usually have him with Malanda and Gustavo in the three.

Olic is the top scorer in the Bundes with 12 goals thus far playing up top with Giovinco, who has 10. Signed him for £4m from Juventus. High wages, but SO worth it.

Have loaned out Bendtner - Swansea are paying 50% of his wages - and also had to loan out Arnold as he kicked up a fuss about not playing. My wing-back formation has led to some unhappiness among the wingers but I'm retraining Vierinha to a wing-back as I want him to stay!

Sold Perisic to Spurs for £10m in the January window and signed Ruben Neves from Porto. Also brought in Felipe Santana on loan and I can't recommend him enough - quality defender who pops up with the odd goal. Hector Bellerin is also a good target early on, because of the injury problems. I've got him for the season and he fills in well whenever I need him.

My squad is just about complete but I need a back-up goalkeeper - Grun isn't good enough.

Started a Wolfsburg save... not sure if ill stick it as ive never been a fan of the club, but I managed to sell Rodriguez for 30m and have been able to spend 70m on bringing in the following:

Lucas Romero

Fabian Noguera

Matias Kranevitter

Youri Tielemans

Wilfired Bony

Giovinco

Eder Balanta

Memphis Depay

Nicolas Nkoulou

That is too cheap, I managed to get $60M for him, when i was messing around in a couple of starts.

Yeah i thought i could have got more, i mean there is another 7.5m due when he plays 10 international games, plus ive a 20% sell on fee as well... so could rise, but i just took it as i was messing around to see how much funds i could get and who i could bring in.

Wolfsburg Season 1 - PreSeason.

Think I went overboard but hear me out, I decided to use the money at the club to set us up both financially(through sell ons) and depth of squad due to the age of the majority of them. I also wanted to try something different and stay away from the likes of Balanta, Romero etc. A few, if not a lot of the young lads will be loaned out to Bundesliga.2 sides with the hope of getting experience of the league.

316soiv.png

This is how we are gonna line up, I'm hoping to either develop De Bruyne and/or Arnold into advanced central playmakers, thinking with some work Arnold I could put him out wide and try and turn him into my own Thomas Muller. Still haven't really figured what I'm doing with the lone striker yet.

10nal3a.png

Just going through preseason to get the squad fit and results aren't amazing, still a lot of friendlies to go.

Rodriguez left me in January. Threatened me with a squad revolt and had to sell to Manchester United for £15m. Gutted.

Signed Youri Tielemans, Ruben Neves, James Wilson (on loan) and a Brazilian full-back whose name I can't remember to replace Rodriguez - scouts say he's good, mind!

Great write up - I love some of Wolfburg's starting players and their initial transfer budget is very tempting....i'm definitely going to have to give this a go at some point. I've never played a Bundesliga save before - what is it like? Are there any other domestic competitions available?

HoarauSome good signings there for the future. I like Paul Grauschopf great prospect, and Stanciu great value at the $4M

echelon- Thank you, they are a addictive team, you can choose a couple of different ways to play them, which I have done over the years. Good Luck.

I started up a Wolfsburg save last night. I now see what you mean re: coaches / backroom...it really is terrible

Trying to figure out what transfers I need to make (budget $22m)...am currently thinking:

- Fierro

- Romero

- Tielemans

- Cheap LB

My only worry is whether Romero/Tielemans will get enough game time.

Need to find a cheap gun defender also...(i'm avoiding Balanta as I used him on a long-term Southampton save in FM14 recently).

I started up a Wolfsburg save last night. I now see what you mean re: coaches / backroom...it really is terrible

Trying to figure out what transfers I need to make (budget $22m)...am currently thinking:

- Fierro

- Romero

- Tielemans

- Cheap LB

My only worry is whether Romero/Tielemans will get enough game time.

Need to find a cheap gun defender also...(i'm avoiding Balanta as I used him on a long-term Southampton save in FM14 recently).

Schafer should be suffice for the first season as back up?.. I would go Thielemans as there are 2 other Belgium's in the squad, so would be a good fit.

Season 2014/2015 - January

At the halfway mark of the season, we are sitting top of the table. Highlights including a strong 1 nil win over Bayern FC, including 8 straight wins. We were however knocked out of the 2nd round DFB-Pokal by second tier team Kaiserslautern. Bendtner has been very good upfront by himself leading the league and a career high season goals.

YXb8dp2.png

HpUkzlp.png

Managed to save my season, just about!

League finish:

Screen_Shot_2014_11_23_at_04_52_34.png

Cup run:

Screen_Shot_2014_11_23_at_04_49_17.png

With Champions League football coming, I've invested pretty heavily and I'm confident in who I've brought in - though Gustavo wanted to leave, despite promising to stay if we achieved CL qualification, the get!

Screen_Shot_2014_11_23_at_06_18_29.png

Have also got Tielemans on the books, but loaned him out for another season with the huge amount of options I've got in the middle.

All in all, pretty happy, and I've still got £8m to spend should I need to...

Great job on the cup win!

i have just finished my first season and struggled to hold on to fourth spot in the end. Gustavo wanted to leave as well, I managed to get $30M for him from Real Madrid.

Thanks pal! Yeah, Gustavo demanded to leave and went behind my back to the squad, forcing me to meet the board and assure them that I could turn around morale in the dressing room.

Wasn't too impressed!

Looks like you're having a great season, good stuff :thup:

I'm currently sitting 2nd but still tinkering with my tactics (switching between two different 4-3-3's)

Brought in the following in my first transfer window (some of the common names I know!):

- Tielemans

- Romero

- Fierro

- Ajer

I also signed up Alli, Odegaard and another good LB who will join in early Jan

What roles have you guys assigned Malanda and Gustavo? I'm currently playing them as a BWM and BBM respectively, with Romero as the Roaming Playmaker

Also, what have you been doing with some of the younger prospects like Horn etc?

I see a few of you have sold Gustavo...how is your midfield performing without him? He's basically the only good senior midfielder they have...

• 2 weeks later...

How's your save going? My 2nd season is going incredibly well - currently sitting first and leading by 4 points as we head into the Jan transfer window.

PS does your 2nd team not have a schedule? Only my U19 team does and it is very annoying. The assistant manager doesn't even organise friendlies (despite me accepting the invitation to participate in the seconds competition, whatever it's called).

PS does your 2nd team not have a schedule? Only my U19 team does and it is very annoying. The assistant manager doesn't even organise friendlies (despite me accepting the invitation to participate in the seconds competition, whatever it's called).

Unlike in England, there is no reserves league in Germany. All reserve teams in Germany play in an ordinary division. Wolfsburg II is currently in division 4, which unfortunately is not playable without any extra files. However, you may find such files if you browse the Steam workshop.

Breaking the Dominance

At the start of my game, i was very clear in the direction i wanted to take the club under my guidance. 1) reduce the wage commitment within the squad. 2) increase the home grown talent. 3) Target under 21 prospects. 4) Challenge for a top 4 spot regularly.

After a promising start midway through season 2014/2015 the season fell apart and we barely hung onto 4th spot. The fragile nature of the squad depth was highlighted in the second half of the season when injuries set in.

Bundesliga History

2014/2014 - 4th - Won 18, Draw 7, Lost 9, (For 61 - Agg 49) Pts 61

2015/2016 - 3rd - Won 19, Draw 10, Lost 5, (For 59 - Agg 32) Pts 67

2016/2017 - 3rd - Won 20, Draw 7, Lost 7, (For 52 - Agg 22) Pts 67

2017/2018 - 1st - Won 26, Draw 7, Lost 1, (For 72 - Agg 15) Pts 85

Key Transfers -

2016/2017 - Aleksander Mitrovic (ST) - €25M Anderlecht - 10 goals from 28 starts in his first season. Title winning season 20 from 25, winning the leading scorer.

2016/2017 - Bruno Martins Indi (DC) - €8M Chelsea - The Class level headed defender need to lead the defence. No coincide that our defensive unit improved since his arrival.

2017/2018 - Gerard Deulofeu (MR/L) - Free Transfer Barcelona - The game changer, absolutely no doubt this signing changed the way we played.

2017/2018 - Julian Green (MR/L) - Free Transfer FC Bayern - Along with Deulofeu, added much needed variety to our formation and tactics.

2017/2018 - Leon Goretzka (AMC/DM) - €38M Schalke - Record signing, with De Bruyne off to Barcelona for €30M, Goretzka fitted our style of play a lot better and was instrumental in our approach.

Style/Formation

I have settled on a 4141 attacking with Wide attacking midfielders (swapping positions, and run with ball)

sYGcvpE.png

The plan - It is all starting to come together now after 4 seasons. Season 2018/2-19 will be a telling factor on our success, as we have add some quality to the squad in Serge Gnabry on a Free from Arsenal and Juan Jose Zapapta on a free, and young Brazilian GK Alex for €10M. Captain Benaglio is at contract odds with me, as I won't extend his contract past the next season at the age of 34. He seems content to have a rolling weekly contract.

GDqPjMK.png

Congrats on coming first place! How are you going in Champions League?

I'm having my best season ever so far - currently in my 3rd season. The list has undergone a dramatic overhaul though but I have kept Malanda, De Bruyne, Arnold, Rodriguez and Knoche

• 1 month later...

Haven't played in a while due to Christmas commitments and work getting in the way but this is very probably my favourite win on the game so far. First Champions League fixture, in 2015-16. PSG had spent bucketloads in the summer and I was predicted an absolute thrashing...

Screen_Shot_2015_01_21_at_23_52_49.png

Ruben Neves got MOTM - scored and absolutely ran the show. Still yet to truly develop; he's frightening.

• 2 weeks later...

My Wolfsburg save is proceeding with many problems. I've been struggling for the whole season to get good results, and I've been especially annoyed with players constantly moaning about almost everything I do (e.g. fining players, lack of wins, even bloody selling players!). This new feature is definitely something that I do NOT like, and I find it quite unrealistic too.

So squad harmony is **** and the team plays ****, consequently. I have used something like five or six tactic, mostly with poor results. In the end, I eventually started using an adamant 3-4-3 and didn't regret so far. This is my best eleven:

2cq08li.png

That role isn't really the best for De Bruyne. He's an amazing player, but he's been constantly complaining for the whole season and frankly I'm quite sick of him. He's a backup option atm, along with Hunt. In the last games I've used Oskar Zawada from the Under 18 team and he has performed amazingly with two assists and one goal (against Bayern!). My coaches think that he'll become a top Bundesliga striker.

Here's the league table, halfway through the season. As you can see, the situation is grim...I've already risked to be sacked a couple of times.

29qcy8m.png

And here's my transfers. All of them have performed great, especially Hinteregger, Kucka and now Valencia. I did some good money selling players (I actually wanted to keep Malanda, but he's dead irl so I just couldn't play with him...). Shame that I didn't manage to offload some others like Vieirinha, Ochs and Perisic.

Many will leave at the end of the season on a Bosman, though.

105sfti.png

Surprisingly enough, I am doing great in the cups. Won a tough Euro League group with Fiorentina and Dinamo Zagreb, now I have to face Trabzonspor. In the DBF Pokal I am in the last 16 against a beatable Eintracht.

Hopefully I'll manage to keep my job until the end of the season, to start the new one with better premises.

Season 14/15 Review

Transfers

I think I made a mistake by selling Vieirinha. He was a revelation in the 1st half of the season, scoring 9 goals and providing 6 assists in 16(2) appearances. While his replacement Andre Hahn is not bad but he is not technically as good as him.

4toyYCH.png

Competitions

League

The title race went down to the last day. Bayern only needs a draw with their better GD while I need them to lose. In the end, I could only draw my last game. Got to admit Bayern is damn good as they went through the 2nd half of the season undefeated with 14 wins out of 17. They didn't even concede a single goal at home till the last game.

M5W3Sha.png

Europa League

wTsxgiR.png

German Cup

Thanks to Mainz, I won the German Cup. They were the team that knocked Bayern out in the 2nd round.

jkRvJld.png

Stats(Sorted by goals then assists)

Even though Lacazette scored 36 goals but Kevin De Bruye is by far the best player as he is the player that makes the team ticks. I just hope he can add a few more goals in the next season.

q42HWhe.png

Season 14/15 Review

Transfers

I think I made a mistake by selling Vieirinha. He was a revelation in the 1st half of the season, scoring 9 goals and providing 6 assists in 16(2) appearances. While his replacement Andre Hahn is not bad but he is not technically as good as him.

Hahn is a gun, I played in my team on the left. Very very damaging. Looking forward to the data update and having Schurle in the team.

Just started 15/16 season

Transfers

Upgraded the Gk and reserve striker position with Lloris and Aboubakar.

3AhYZr0.png

My favourite signing is Christoph Kramer. He and Luis Gustavo will give me alot of steel in midfield.

MReUNYR.png

Squad

I'm going with an relatively small squad this season. Only 21 players which 2 are youngsters.

GK

Hugo Lloris(VC)

Diego Benaglio©

Centrebacks

Naldo

Robin Knoche

Nicolas Nkoulou

Timm Klose

Fullbacks

Sebastian Jung

Ricardo Rodriguez

Marcel Schafer

Defensive Midfielders

Luis Gustavo

Christoph Kramer

Junior Malanda

Julian Weigl

Attacking Midfielders

Kevin De Bruyne

Maximilian Arnold

Fred

Andre Hahn

Valentin Lazaro

Juan Fernando Quintero

Strikers

Alexandre Lacazette

Vincent Aboubakar

I've never managed in Germany, although I got as far as setting up a VFL Wolfsburg save in FM14 that never got started. The reason for picking them as a contender back then was an admiration for Junior Malanda (RIP) and now I feel that it might be appropriate to finally make them my first German club in FM.

I'll have to wait for the winter database update as it just won't feel right before that, and see if I can apply this German name fix. If so, hopefully I can get going then - but I'll be keeping an eye on this in the meantime.

I'll have to wait for the winter database update as it just won't feel right before that, and see if I can apply this German name fix. If so, hopefully I can get going then - but I'll be keeping an eye on this in the meantime.

Check out "sortitoutsi" Live transfer Data Base. It has all of the up to date transfers, well worth getting. very easy to apply.

Season 15/16 Review

Transfers(Jan)

In

Timm Klose to 1860 Munich for £2.3m

Marcel Schafer to £300k.

Out

Viktor Fischer from Ajax for £8.5m

Nemanja Matic from Chelsea for £5m.

As both Timm Klose and Marcel Schafer are unhappy with the lack of 1st team football, I decided to let both go.

Signed Nemanja Matic from Chelsea for a low fee of £5M. Going to retrain him as RB and use him in tough away games.

Also signed Viktor Fischer from Ajax as Schafer replacement.

Competitions

Super Cup

Beat Bayern Munich 1-0.

European Super Cup

Beat Liverpool 3-1.

League

Won the title on matchday 30. Bayern was let down by their poor away form. Probably because they used a 4-1-4-1DM formation this season.

ijZ2nsP.png

Champions League

After navigating through the group of death with teams like Juventus, Monaco and Liverpool, we beat Valencia 8-2 in the round of 16. Lost to Real Madrid 2-1 because of a howler by Lloris. A freekick by James Rodriguez which Lloris allowed through his legs.

German Cup

Furious!!!

Furious because of how we lost Bayern on pks in the semis because of 15 minutes of madness.

Got the lead in 4th min through Matic.

Fred injured 10th min and sub in Fischer.

Fischer got yellow in the 15th min.

Fishcher got sent off in the 16th min.

Rodriguez conceded a pk in the 18th min.

Muller converts to make it 1-1.

In other news

Still a small stadium. Would have expected a near to 50k stadium.

J9C9HF4.png

Starting XI

7gwxxCn.png

Stats(Sorted by goals)

Lacazette suffered a torn calf muscle in Nov which limited his number of appearances. And in Feb, De Bruye season was also cut short when he had a broken ankle in Feb.

Andre Hahn finally repaid my faith in giving him a starting role with 16 goals 36(6) apps.

New signing Fred was named German Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year.

Robin Knoche has signed an contract extension till 2021.

JeYFRXt.png

A few decisions for me to make in the offseason.

Should I extend Naldo contract? He is asking for at least 60k per week.

To keep or sell Maximillian Arnold? His contract is expiring next season and I’m interested in signing either Isco or Christian Eriksen. I always see him like a Thomas Muller but his form is abit inconsistant for me and doesn’t score much.

Archived