FMF to XML?

SRKI

If you save uncompressed, an .xml file is actually created temporarily. If you save a very large file, you'll be able to see what is actually happening during the save:

A temporary .xml is created first. Then the .fmf file is created. Once the .fmf file is fully created, the temporary.xml file is automatically deleted. (saving uncompressed)

For smaller files, this happens very quickly and the temporary .xml file may not be noticeable.

If the file is large enough and takes a few minutes to save, maybe 500MB or larger, you can actually copy and paste the temporary .xml file while it is creating the permanent .fmf file. After the editor deletes the temporary .xml file, you'll still have the copy. I was able to do this with some of the large FM14 .xml files I have.

just double checked in case there had been an update that stopped this and yes I was right:brock: if you originally save file uncompressed you can convert to .xml using the RA tool

if file originally compressed, it converts to DBC file, so just check the the settings before saving the initial file:hammer:

Well if you want to do some things that are not in the editor then you mus edit some lines manually and for that you must have an xml file. Also I can't extract the uncompressed file like you xxtreme.

Well if you want to do some things that are not in the editor then you mus edit some lines manually and for that you must have an xml file. Also I can't extract the uncompressed file like you xxtreme.

i will check again but if uncompressed in editor i was able to get .xml using the resource tool

Archived