Sports Interactive Community
FootballTrainer

Anyone else struggling with Liverpool?

About 20 games in the season. New boy Dani Alves performing formidably. Had to ship away Jose Enrique because he wanted first team football. Suso on my back about playing time still. Positives? Henderson completely exploding on the scene with seven goals, still we sit in 8th place in BPL. The board demanded a Euro Cup place come the end of the season and quite frankly that´s what is saving me at the moment from getting the sack. Rickie Lambert sold now as well with Borini not performing as he should when Balotelli got injured for two months. Handed a cl group of Roma, Psg & Real madrid, of course came third, not matching expectations.

I m playing a straight 4-4-2 and whenever i get the lead in a match i go on the counter which doesnt always work. But considering strengths (Sterling) you need a wing game with Liverpool i guessed. The board has demanded me to play possession football even though the teams players and characters are at it´s best on the counter. And I know i´ll end up with matching the board request of Euro cup football ahead of next season, the worrying thing is that demands will rise next season from them and they dont give me much "to play with" in terms of transfer money. It´s such a big difference managing some team like Chelsea compared to just Liverpool. But i am not giving up.

You think its bad now? I scraped to 6th, and the board demanded I challenge for the title with a budget of 10 mill.

Interestingly enough Arsenal offered me a job and a transfer budget over 60 mill. I turned them down.

Forget about attacking football; play counter even at home with direct passing.

I'm playing the narrow diamond with Liverpool, Sturridge, Balo up top and sterling just behind. I'm in December 14 and all three are in double figures for goals scored. We're around 4th from memory, but it's tight with the usual suspects up there. I too am really struggling in Europe, can't remember who I was drawn with but my group was equally as tough and also finished third. I do the usual rotation and play the "b" team so I guess I had it coming. Only problem coutinho, suso, Enrique amongst others all want more league football which is annoying as I like to keep that for the "a" team!! This years version players aren't so happy to just play the odd cup game unfortunately.

I given up with Ballo in the game. He's just as useless as he is in real life. I'm playing a diamond as well with Lambert up with Sturridge. Working well for me. I'm top coming into december. Of course rather than playing tippy-tappy stuff have resorted to more direct passes to make lambert more effective. Got rid of Borini and managed to get hold of Memphis Depay who is blommin good BTW.

Started with Liverpool in the Beta, 2nd behind Chelsea in season one, same season two. Playing 3 at the back with 2 wing backs, a roaming playmaker and dm and Coutinho/Lallana in the hole. Sturridge is a goal machine, 35 goals by February season 2.

Devastated I wasn't the first to come in and ask if that was Brendan Rodgers... It clearly is though

I'm trying out the demo. I pick Markovic on the right wing and Sterling on the left and no matter how often I swap them they return to the opposite wings. It's not a team instruction or a player one. It's either the game swapping them back, or they are not listening. If it's the latter I'm fine as it shows they are thinking for themselves more than players in FM used to it also adds to the man management side of the game.

Is it a problem with the game or a bug is it recognised? And does the Demo also receive updates? If it doesn't then it's likely that I am trying out a slightly different game than the updated one that I may purchase.