[Released!][FM15] Steklo X5

TomDixon77

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Tom for your hard work in making the skin but may I ask a question based on my own personal preference?

I like using the mini sidebar due to the amount of information I like to use but I cannot find it even though there's a screenshot of it in use?

I play with a widescreen monitor on 1920x1080 and I cannot get the mini sidebar up in either windowed or fullscreen mode?

So will you be able to provide a mini sidebar version in the future or is it a resolution thing of which I cannot exceed what I already stated?

Anyway as I said this was just based on my personal preference. Thanks again for making the skin.

Thanks Tom for your hard work in making the skin but may I ask a question based on my own personal preference?

I like using the mini sidebar due to the amount of information I like to use but I cannot find it even though there's a screenshot of it in use?

I play with a widescreen monitor on 1920x1080 and I cannot get the mini sidebar up in either windowed or fullscreen mode?

So will you be able to provide a mini sidebar version in the future or is it a resolution thing of which I cannot exceed what I already stated?

Anyway as I said this was just based on my personal preference. Thanks again for making the skin.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405837-FM15-Guide-How-to-Edit-the-Sidebar

have a quick read of that its a simple enoguh change to do it yourself.

Great work as usual Tom, I downloaded it last night and had a quick look and the skin is fantastic. One question I wondered if you could help with...I've always liked your grey background out of the choices and so went into the backgrounds folder and renamed that one as number 1, thinking it would automatically go to that one on loading up the game (it's what you advised me to do on a previous steklo skin)...on loading up the game it still then had the grass background first and hadn't autoswitched to the grey one I'd named as number 1...it's not vital as i can just change it on the selector, just wondered if you knew of what I should do.

What screen resolution, zoom level, etc. is that? Windowed or full screen?

Hello Tom,

1366 x 768 is the res.

95% is the Zoom and in full screen (have never used windowed :) )

Also how do we adjust the league stage xml file if we have downloaded your masterpiece via steam?

Hello Tom,

1366 x 768 is the res.

95% is the Zoom and in full screen (have never used windowed :) )

Also how do we adjust the league stage xml file if we have downloaded your masterpiece via steam?

Some of the zoom levels have weird problems, even on the default skin. I'll see if I can get them to come back. You'd need to extract panels.fmf and copy the xml file into the steklo panels folder (or get it from another skin that has changed that file)

If you open steklo x5/panels/client object broswer.xml, and find this line:

<attachment class="test_screen_size_attachment" alignment="horizontal" min_value="0" max_value="1200" set_property="widt" true_value="45" false_value="160"/>

(It should be fairly near the top)

And replace it with this line:

<attachment class="test_screen_size_attachment" alignment="horizontal" min_value="0" max_value="1200" set_property="widt" true_value="75" false_value="75"/>

You should have a permanent icon only sidebar (but with a bit more space than previously, which I think looks nicer)

All this waiting and it's nothing special. Not a patch on the DS8 skin and where's the league table justification and anything resembling a half decent match in between highlights panel ?? I suggest all potential skin makers should consult Michael Murrays site before they release half-finished items.

All this waiting and it's nothing special. Not a patch on the DS8 skin and where's the league table justification and anything resembling a half decent match in between highlights panel ?? I suggest all potential skin makers should consult Michael Murrays site before they release half-finished items.

How rude!!! Tom takes time out his own private life to make this skin year on year and I for one of many really appreciate it, He does not get paid. He does it for free to give us all a better FM experience. Show some damn respect, If you don't like the skin don't use it but how dare you come on to his thread and have a go, Lets see your skin if its so damn good?

Tom thanks very much, it's fantastic once again. Looks lovely on my iMac that I got for christmas :D

If you want those things, you can add them yourself. I didn't want them, so I didn't add them

Next time you want to express your opinion do it in a non disrespectful way.

Tom - Is it possible for me to add players preferred moves to the player profile panel in some way please?

Also this panel seems huge, is there any way to make it smaller and add 2 or 3 more to it?

KN9bA4b.png

I didn't say it was bad just over-hyped and not as special as I'd hoped for. Also it's opinion,not disrespect. The guy has a talent for sure,I just think it should either be more complete or an options pack included as Daz does with his awesome Scorpio skins for those that want enhancements. I tried to add more informative in between highlights panels but couldn't get it to work as I wanted and as a result I wont be using this skin.

Tom - Is it possible for me to add players preferred moves to the player profile panel in some way please?

Also this panel seems huge, is there any way to make it smaller and add 2 or 3 more to it?

KN9bA4b.png

I'm kind of torn on the large Career Stats panel,it looks pretty good when you have a player that has been at ten clubs but kind of empty with the example you have shown above.

I'm kind of torn on the large Career Stats panel,it looks pretty good when you have a player that has been at ten clubs but kind of empty with the example you have shown above.

It still looks a mess with a player who has a lot of history imo. It's still far too big on any resolution above 1920x1080, it takes like 15 past clubs to even get close to filling the space.

I didn't say it was bad just over-hyped and not as special as I'd hoped for. Also it's opinion,not disrespect. The guy has a talent for sure,I just think it should either be more complete or an options pack included as Daz does with his awesome Scorpio skins for those that want enhancements. I tried to add more informative in between highlights panels but couldn't get it to work as I wanted and as a result I wont be using this skin.

1. I don't like doing loads of 'options' as it just leads to even more questions along the lines of 'How do I get this to work? Could you do it for me?'

2. Your definition of 'complete' isn't the definitive one, so it's a bit presumptuous of you to assume what you want is what everyone wants.

3. I try to make sure my skin works for everyone, regardless of what resolution they play the game at (if I wanted to be an arse, I could make it only effectively work at the resolution I play at, 2560x1440) and things like the in between highlights panel has two versions, which leads us back to point one.

4. Did you read this page on Michael's site? https://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/Skins/fm15matchhightlightsskin/how-to-apply-the-mod-to-other-skins I had to change the client object browser xml file for things like the background selector, etc. so that's probably why you couldn't get the mod to work.

KN9bA4b.png

Like this?:

zRCqKuX.jpg

If you open steklo x5/panels/client object broswer.xml, and find this line:

<attachment class="test_screen_size_attachment" alignment="horizontal" min_value="0" max_value="1200" set_property="widt" true_value="45" false_value="160"/>

(It should be fairly near the top)

And replace it with this line:

<attachment class="test_screen_size_attachment" alignment="horizontal" min_value="0" max_value="1200" set_property="widt" true_value="75" false_value="75"/>

You should have a permanent icon only sidebar (but with a bit more space than previously, which I think looks nicer)

Thanks Tom for that.

I got it sorted now. I like to have as much info as possible on my screen and having labels cuts some of it out but on saying that I do tend to click on the wrong icon as well.....ho hum. :o

Tom, I was wondering if you could help me with couple of things.

1) Can you tell me how can I make the Background Selector to start with 20% overlay rather than at 40%? What line and in which xml file needs to be edited?

2) How can I enable the regular team/competition logo to appear in the titlebar, just as it appears at the bottom of the sidebar? I've managed to remove the background logo from the titlebar by deleting the code, as I don't like background logos. Ideally I would prefer to have a solid logo appear after the quick flicks.

qrMkB76.jpg

Thanks in advance.

p.s. BTW, don't pay any attention to negative comments from others. Your skin is always top quality work, which is appreciated by many here and on other forums. I hope you don't get discouraged as FM won't be the same without your skin.

Just to set the record straight I think Steklo X5 IS a good skin,with some excellent panels,it's just for me not a GREAT skin and if it's a straight choice of an honest critique or sycophantic brown nosing then I'll always choose the former. I don't have any doubts that Tom has spent many hours creating his skin and credit to him for that but it's not for me as it lacks the content I require in a skin. I don't moan for the sake of it and I've made my own small contribution to the FM community. No I'm not a skinner but people do seem to like my balls !

Tom, I was wondering if you could help me with couple of things.

1) Can you tell me how can I make the Background Selector to start with 20% overlay rather than at 40%? What line and in which xml file needs to be edited?

2) How can I enable the regular team/competition logo to appear in the titlebar, just as it appears at the bottom of the sidebar? I've managed to remove the background logo from the titlebar by deleting the code, as I don't like background logos. Ideally I would prefer to have a solid logo appear after the quick flicks.

qrMkB76.jpg

Thanks in advance.

p.s. BTW, don't pay any attention to negative comments from others. Your skin is always top quality work, which is appreciated by many here and on other forums. I hope you don't get discouraged as FM won't be the same without your skin.

1. Go to steklo_x5\panels\background_selector

2. Edit backgrounds.xml. At the bottom you'll find the opacity selectors, take the hidn property off the 20% widget, and add it to the 40% widget.

3. For completeness, also edit workings.xml and swith the hidn values for these two lines:

<widget class="button" id="os40" text="40%" font="fonts/opacity_select" size="80" appearance="button/empty/button" auto_size="all" hidn="false">
<widget class="button" id="os20" text="20%" font="fonts/opacity_select" size="80" appearance="button/empty/button" auto_size="all" hidn="true">

Oh yes he does,even tho Wannachupbrew has the rights to it too. You need to check out Facebook.

Naa, not a fan of Daz's DS8 skin, too blocky, even the font is square. Nice colours though, i like most of it, jsut not enough over others.

Daz doesnt make the scorpio skin anymore either.
Oh yes he does,even tho Wannachupbrew has the rights to it too. You need to check out Facebook.

I make the Scorpio skin and Daz makes the DS8 Group skin but since I like to focus on panels and Daz likes to focus on graphics we share a lot of our work with each other so the skins are pretty similar. Just wanted to clear that up. We should probably stick to talking about the Steklo skin on this thread though.

Tom, this is a great skin! I'm having a bit of a trouble with it though :

sDw0nnNl.png

As you can see the values for the attribute threshold is in white and the background is in white as well. I run into the same problem in the "Contract Negotiation" screen as well. Anyway to fix this?

Tom, this is a great skin! I'm having a bit of a trouble with it though :

sDw0nnNl.png

As you can see the values for the attribute threshold is in white and the background is in white as well. I run into the same problem in the "Contract Negotiation" screen as well. Anyway to fix this?

Have you made/got any other mods? Mine looks okay. Does anyone else have this problem?

Archived