Big diffrence between home game and away.

Has been the case since 13. Teams attack more when at home as opposed to sitting back and letting you run rings around them. Depending on your tactical set up, you end up exploiting one style over the other.

At least in 15, I've seen weaker teams put up the barricades even at home for themselves, something I didn't see that often in 14.

You should try to perform better away, but I'm saying that it's not outrageous. Big splits in home-away form always happens IRL and it's not a game bug, you just happened to lose.

I understand what you're saying but look at the level that the team is playing at home, it's unacceptable to have such a big diffrence between home and away.

It makes no sense that my team is the best home team in the league but barely wins Bolton\Wigan in away games.

I understand what you're saying but look at the level that the team is playing at home, it's unacceptable to have such a big diffrence between home and away.

It makes no sense that my team is the best home team in the league but barely wins Bolton\Wigan in away games.

Yeah, Arsenal on my save have a good home record, unbeaten in fact, 90% wins. Away they had 10-11 draws at one point hehe, let me win the title though. ^_^

I said the same thing last week. I was destroying teams at home but was failing miserably away. A few months in to the season and after some experimenting I started scraping wins away from home and now I'm fairly comfortable with away games. I guess I was too hasty in blaming the game instead of changing tactics and being patient. Basically you can't set up one tactic and use it for every single game, you have to adapt and change things around. I guarantee it's possible to string together multiple wins away from home with enough, although it will probably never be as good as your home form but that's to be expected

I think the first step is to look at your tactics. If you're a counter attacking team then it follows you will perform better away from home as the opposition will come on to you leaving spaces in behind for you to take advantage of. The converse being true, if you are an attacking team then you will leave spaces for the opposition to exploit. I am finding in this year's game that the AI is better able to react to your tactic and that you may need to change the way you play during the game to counter this.

As noted above your away form is extremely impressive. Is there a consistent weakness that's being exploited when you are playing at home. Are the opposition playing a more counter attacking style that catches you on the break? The point that I'm trying to make is to see if there is a consistent pattern to how you're losing your home games and then trying to adjust your tactic to compensate for it. I find that identifying where it is going wrong is a lot easier than actually making the adjustments to compensate.

Well, teams always seem to do better at home. For example:

Chelsea home record:

"Between 23 February 2002 and 2 April 2011, Mourinho went 150 home league matches unbeaten..."

Teams will play differently when at home. If they usually play defensive, they might become a bit more attacking for their own fans and with their backing. If you play a weaker team in your stadium, they will sit back and defend. If you play the same team in their stadium, they will be more attacking. If you use the same tactic and do not tweak it based on what you see, you will get different results.

I actually know it's my tactics that is the issue, but I've tried everything I can think of and it just doesn't seem to work.

As I've said though, this isn't just a problem for me, but also for the AI. Despite the massive (maybe massive doesn't justify it) difference in quality between home and away, I'm still 1st in the away league table and I've only won 6 out of 11 games?

Hey, I'm first in my league's away table and I've only won 8 of 19 games right now. Managed to tie most of the rest though. Granted, I play a pretty narrow formation that lends itself to counter attacking when away, but is actually pretty good for being more aggressive on my home field which is long and narrow.

Your team's true talent level is in the middle of your home and away form. If you play the game a million times, you won't see such difference in home-away record. It's basic probability theory

Archived