Sports Interactive Community
pezzyhawkins

Club names too short!!

Can I ask why when I click on club overview the team name is for example.. 'Coventry' or 'Norwich' when what I want it to say is 'Coventry City' or 'Norwich City', it is not showing the clubs full name anywhere which is really annoying.

Also, when clicking on squad page it just says 'squad' which is where i'd expect it to display the short name.

Can you please help me clear this up.

Thanks in advance.

For some reason it displays the short name in the title bar of the club selection screen, rather than the long names, and the only time I've seen the long names is in media pieces. There isn't even anything in the club information screens from what I can find.

I'd like to second this as an annoying issue. A club called SLP or something similar bought a player I was interested in and it took me ages to discover they were actually Sporting Lisbon.

It should also have the full name on the full size league tables too. There is plenty of room. In fact on my laptop the gap between club name and games played is ludicrously large. So large it can be difficult to work out who has what record in mid-table. In fact the full name on results too.

I actually find this really annoying, it's so simple yet they're changed it!

I am also now playing around with real name fixes download as I have AC. Milan called MILAN etc.. really bugs me.

It's like I look at Newcastle and I want it to say Newcastle United!

arrghh

I'd like to second this as an annoying issue. A club called SLP or something similar bought a player I was interested in and it took me ages to discover they were actually Sporting Lisbon.

I believe that example is down to a license issue rather than anything else. Same way Real Madrid are called R. Madrid.

All down the years I have used the game editor to edit the shortened team names to the accepted 'long' names, eg: Hull to Hull City, Newcastle to Newcastle Utd et cetera. It takes me around an hour or so depending on how far down the leagues I go but I think it is worth it. It is not possible to do in FMC though, unless it has become available this year.

I believe that example is down to a license issue rather than anything else. Same way Real Madrid are called R. Madrid.

Spain is (and always has been?) fully licenced. Hence player pics etc.

I actually find this really annoying, it's so simple yet they're changed it!

I am also now playing around with real name fixes download as I have AC. Milan called MILAN etc.. really bugs me.

It's like I look at Newcastle and I want it to say Newcastle United!

arrghh

AC Milan's 'proper' Name is just Milan as far as I know. The AC is just like our FC

Go to FM Scout and download "Daniel's Real Name Fix for FM2015" and all club names will be displayed in full