Windows Vista Ultimate problems

Hey guys, I've also poste this in the help forums but its been very slow and no repsonse's, Ive searched the forum and seen a few problems the same but nothing answered.

I recently upgraded my pc to the following, AMD Athlon64 Dual Core 5000+, 3gb memory, windows vista ultimate(not my choice but the motherboard wont accept windows xp)

Anyway, everytime I try to install FM it says along the following lines, fm has been installed but not everything was, please see log, for a start i can n ot find the log, and number 2 is they a solution out they or anyone know why this isnt instaling? Ive tryed the right click function as run as admin.

Cheers

Hey guys, I've also poste this in the help forums but its been very slow and no repsonse's, Ive searched the forum and seen a few problems the same but nothing answered.

I recently upgraded my pc to the following, AMD Athlon64 Dual Core 5000+, 3gb memory, windows vista ultimate(not my choice but the motherboard wont accept windows xp)

Anyway, everytime I try to install FM it says along the following lines, fm has been installed but not everything was, please see log, for a start i can n ot find the log, and number 2 is they a solution out they or anyone know why this isnt instaling? Ive tryed the right click function as run as admin.

Cheers

Your motherboard won't accept Windows XP??? Care to elaborate...?

Cheers

I had a similar problem with my standard Vista. I'm no techy so bear with me.

I posted this in the help forum ages ago and the advice I got was to install it onto an XP machine and copy the files onto a stick and paste them onto your Vista systems Program Files somewhere...I think. It worked and I've been playing it fine ever since with no problems.

I'll look for the topic for you.

Edit - The topic appears to have been deleted, sorry.

Firstly, could this be due to not having administrator rights? I've never had such problems with Vista Ultimate, and I've seen many other people post that it worked fine on their Vista machine, so I'm guessing it's not something that can't be fixed.

Secondly, I have never heard of a motherboard that would not 'accept' XP yet had no issues with Vista, I honestly can't imagine they exist..

im pretty sure my machine came up with the same error after id installed it, but its such a long time ago i cant remember for sure... have you actually tried running the game, and does it work?

I only had a 32bit O/S of XP and I have a 64bit motherboard, I dont know why, I tryed other copies of xp and a 64bit xp and it wouldnt install.

Ive heard all about the administrator rights and stuff, but I have full control of my pc, im the only one to use it.

Ah ok, I wouldn't recommend XP64 to anyone anyway. ;)

Emm, well if I remember correctly, default user accounts do not have administrator access (for protection reasons), I'm not entirely sure about this, but you might want to check.

Also, there's also software that requires to be run in administrator mode for it to function properly. Anyone know if this might be the case for the installer?

64 bit motherboard? lolllllllllll

Also, turn UAC off.

1. What's wrong with a 64bit mobo? They're stable and allow for (much) more RAM to be used.

2. I wouldn't advise turning UAC off unless you know exactly what you're doing. It's there for a reason and does more good than most people realize.

UAC wasnt turned on in the first place, the thing is with windows xp 32bit, it wouldnt install and kept restarting during trying to install it, then i got a windows vista and it went in striaght away, I tryed to install FM on my second hard drive and it gives me the following:

You do not have write premission to choosen desanation

1. What's wrong with a 64bit mobo? They're stable and allow for (much) more RAM to be used.

2. I wouldn't advise turning UAC off unless you know exactly what you're doing. It's there for a reason and does more good than most people realize.

Theres no such thing as a '64 bit motherboard'. 64 bit CPU and operating system yes.

UAC is a waste of time, if people are ******** they'll run into problems even with it activated.

Theres no such thing as a '64 bit motherboard'. 64 bit CPU and operating system yes.

UAC is a waste of time, if people are ******** they'll run into problems even with it activated.

I see no reason why a motherboard that only supports 64bit CPU's should not be referred to as a 64bit motherboard.

And well, for most people, for the common PC user, UAC is not a waste of time. Now I'm not one to prevent you from calling the human population in general ********, but I speak from experience when I say that UAC is definately worthwhile for the general public, and probably also for some people that think they know what they're talking about.

install it on the maid h/d, as administrator, and try running the game. see if it works ok, dont worry about the error message et the end of it..

and hows about tryin to help with the issue at hand, rather than arguin with each other, eh??

i think the fact you cant install on your back up h/d is probably down to the default permissions it gives you when you set up the account... if i knew how to change it, id tell you, but its the only thing i can think of where youd get the message

You do not have write premission to choosen desanation

well, two wild guesses....

try installing the patch on the game, and see if that fixes it.

if not, try a clean uninstall, and when you reinstall, put it in "my documents" rather than "program files" andd see if either of them help...

two more ideas... right click fm.exe in your program files and say "send to desktop" try running it from that shortcut. if that doesnt work, see if you can access compatibility from the proberties of the shortcut. if that makes sense...

if not, does the fm icon appear in your "start menu > games" folder???

I only had a 32bit O/S of XP and I have a 64bit motherboard, I dont know why, I tryed other copies of xp and a 64bit xp and it wouldnt install.

Ive heard all about the administrator rights and stuff, but I have full control of my pc, im the only one to use it.

I don't have Vista so can't comment from experience but I have heard of issues installing software even when the User was the only account and was set up as an Administrator.

I've also seen people using Vista, installing FM from an administrative account and getting errors. In many cases these were solved by the following:-

Do a clean uninstall of FM from the prior install.

Don't let the disc autorun.

Open up the CD drive, then right click setup.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Do the same for the fm.exe when installed and any shortcuts you use.

Before sleepwalkingpolarbear says ffs as he did to Francis Cole all the poster said he has done is install from his Administrative account, he hasn't confirmed he used the right click method. Logic may say there should be no difference but my experience on here tells me otherwise.

Ive just installed fm07 again, and that is working fine.

I have 5

General

Digital Signatures

Secuirty

Details

Previous versions

Can you check if you can access System Restore?

Cheers

lol........

Archived