FM 2015 - Valencia

Bittah Dreamer

Has anybody done a save with Valencia on FM 15 yet?

I'm thinking of giving them a go, since they are a semi decent side with lots of potential but still a long away to go before they are world beaters.

Does anybody know of there are any team guides floating around the net for them so I could see how they play like?

And does anybody know

(a) what their budget is; and

(b) how many non-EU players they have at the minute in the first team.

Since money is likely to be tight ish, I suspect I'll need to look for value in south America. I would imagine Romero and Balanta would be two prime targets for me but im concerned I won't actually be able to fit them into the team even if I can afford them.

I've just started my first ever game as Los Che. They start with a 10m budget which is great. Been waiting for a transfer budget with them for years and years!

I believe they have 2 non eu player spots taken up.

The centre back pairing of Otamendi and Mustafi are solid enough so maybe worth waiting for Balanta. I'd go for Romero first.

Zaragoza have a 17 year old centre back Jesus, which you can pick up for compensation only payment.

Hope that helps.

Disclaimer: i am a diehard Valencia fan and i play at least 3-4 saves with Valencia ever year.

Firstly irl Valencia has been bought over by a Singaporean billionaire. Although editor shows the club's owner is Peter Lim, the club is not listed as Sugar Daddy which is odd, because the Singaporean has already started pumping a lot of money to buy players, invest in stadium, paying off debts. So if you want some realism, some editor tweaks might be needed.

Valencia does have quite a few good players. Cartabia, Gaya, Paco Alcacer, Mustafi, Vezo, Parejo are some very good players. You also have Alvaro Negredo who is on loan, but who you need to buy next summer. But quite a few players have been severely underrated which i find quite frustrating. For instance Andre Gomes is one of the hottest midfield prospects, not just in Spain but also in Europe. His stats, ratings simply dont reflect. Same could be said about other real life good players like Fuego, Rodrigo, Piatti, Feghouli, Carles Gil, Joao Cancelo, Barragan.

So unless you edit, you will need to clear out quite a few of them and bring in newer players. Balanta is attractive option but you dont need him as you have three top CB's. I got Romero and Ignacio Camacho both of whom have been solid for me so far-sold Fuego since underrated. I sent Augusto to Mestalla, and kept Zuculini as backup. You also need an upgrade in rightback position. Hugo Mallo always does well for me.

Every other position you can gradually upgrade from next season onwards.

These days irl Valencia plays a fast direct style of play. But i go for a slow possession based system-my personal preference. I play 4 at the back, 3 in the middle and two wingers supporting a lone striker. Alternatively i also play a similar formation but an AMC supporting two strikers and no wingers (Since you have three quality strikers). If i need to attack i revert to 4-2-2-2, two in the middle, two wingers, two strikers.

So far things going well for me, just like Los Che doing in La Liga. Keep faith in Pablo Piatti. Although reports might suggest he aint good enough, he is a key figure in my team and will be creating havoc from the left. Paco as a poacher will score a heck lot of goals.

Would be great if someone could set up a proper Valencia thread. They are a fantastic club who always produce good youngers.

I play the same formation as you Jeesh. I'm trying to retrain Gil to fit him into the starting eleven. I went for Lucas Romero, Jesus from Zaragoza, Suso on loan and Coric.

I'll look at getting Balanta at some point. As per your post, Andre Gomes is disappointing. His real life qualities not reflected in game, therefore I feel another good centre midfielder maybe required. I was looking at Pardo from Sociedad but couldn't quite stretch the budget.

I asked the chairman to improve youth facilities which he did straight away. I'm using a possession style tactic that remains attacking and is working so far. I am only a handful of games into the season though.

Amunt Valencia!

Disclaimer: i am a diehard Valencia fan and i play at least 3-4 saves with Valencia ever year.

Firstly irl Valencia has been bought over by a Singaporean billionaire. Although editor shows the club's owner is Peter Lim, the club is not listed as Sugar Daddy which is odd, because the Singaporean has already started pumping a lot of money to buy players, invest in stadium, paying off debts. So if you want some realism, some editor tweaks might be needed.

Valencia does have quite a few good players. Cartabia, Gaya, Paco Alcacer, Mustafi, Vezo, Parejo are some very good players. You also have Alvaro Negredo who is on loan, but who you need to buy next summer. But quite a few players have been severely underrated which i find quite frustrating. For instance Andre Gomes is one of the hottest midfield prospects, not just in Spain but also in Europe. His stats, ratings simply dont reflect. Same could be said about other real life good players like Fuego, Rodrigo, Piatti, Feghouli, Carles Gil, Joao Cancelo, Barragan.

So unless you edit, you will need to clear out quite a few of them and bring in newer players. Balanta is attractive option but you dont need him as you have three top CB's. I got Romero and Ignacio Camacho both of whom have been solid for me so far-sold Fuego since underrated. I sent Augusto to Mestalla, and kept Zuculini as backup. You also need an upgrade in rightback position. Hugo Mallo always does well for me.

Every other position you can gradually upgrade from next season onwards.

These days irl Valencia plays a fast direct style of play. But i go for a slow possession based system-my personal preference. I play 4 at the back, 3 in the middle and two wingers supporting a lone striker. Alternatively i also play a similar formation but an AMC supporting two strikers and no wingers (Since you have three quality strikers). If i need to attack i revert to 4-2-2-2, two in the middle, two wingers, two strikers.

So far things going well for me, just like Los Che doing in La Liga. Keep faith in Pablo Piatti. Although reports might suggest he aint good enough, he is a key figure in my team and will be creating havoc from the left. Paco as a poacher will score a heck lot of goals.

I used to always do either a Valencia or Sevilla save on earlier versions of the game, but both teams went fairly backwards in terms of personnel and finances.

I had started a game with Valencia after posting this thread, but with the starting transfer budget disabled as it happened. However I am stuttering through a very uninspiring pre-season and can't seem to get any formation to spark.

I was playing a 4-1-2-2-1 (or 4-3-3- wide depending on how you want to describe it) but it seems very disjointed in attack, with too large a gap between Paco and my midfield. However a 4-2-3-1 (wide or narrow) didn't really inspire too much either.

Part of my problem is figuring out how to play Paco. I had a previous save on the demo with Atletico Madrid, and Mandzukic seemed to do well for me in either 4-2-3-1 formation as a target man (support), with Raul Garcia as a shadow striker in the AMC position to pitch in. That worked very well, but I don't think Paco is really suited to that role (though Negredo might be).

How do you set up your centre midfielders in the three man midfield? Are they all in the MC position, or is one dropping back to DMC?

I have wanted to try and set up a 4-3-1-2 formation (with the middle four playing as a diamon) but could never get it to work right with Atletico. With Negredo, Paco and Rodrigo, I am tempted to try it, or at least some 2 striker formation again, but not sure how best to approach it.

My other problem is that Valencia have a lot of decent young attacking midfielders, and feel compelled to use at least two of them (which means in wide roles). Its difficult to accomodate more than one attacking midfielder and two strikers, so I guess something has to give.

I considering re-starting a putting transfers back in, and signing up Romero. I am also tempted to put Lim in as a sugar daddy. I had thought he was one when I started the save, or else at least that debts were significantly cleared. From reading up on it today, I'm not sure if the debts are cleared or just restructured, but certainly it seems like there should be some improvement in the financial situation.

I started as Valencia, partly as I've always liked them and also as I thought they would have a bit of cash. Seems I was mistaken, oh well.

My starting budget was only about 6m but with the impending negredo transfer, I kept getting told I couldn't afford any players. I ended up getting Savitsky, Kimmich and a couple of old free transfers.

I play 4-2-3-1, with the 2 switching cm and dm.

I'm doing good, 2nd at the moment after 10 games. Just beat Athletico Madrid 2-1 at home.

Negredo is just back from injury, hasn't started yet. Paco has missed all games so far as he got injured pre-season. Rodrigo scored 6 against getafe but hasn't scored in any other game. Savitsky and Feghouli have been my best players so far.

Really enjoying the save, sucks that I won't have the cash I thought I would but should make it more interesting.

I'm about to begin my second season with Valencia. The first season went well, but I really struggled in the beginning and was close to being sacked. Ended up 3rd(23 points behind Barca, 13 points behind R.Madrid) and also reached the semi-final in the cup, but Barca crushed me. I think maybe the main reason to the bad start were the bad team chemistry. I mean, nearly half of the squad is new from the beginning of the game so maybe have that as a thought when you're starting the season. The two signings I did was Gino Peruzzi and Matías Kranevitter and I got rid of Javi Fuego as well. Tried to sell Joao Pereira too, but nobody wanted him so he ended up leaving at the end of the season. As I am a Valencia fan I wanted to use a 4-2-3-1 with two pivotes and tried to copy the kind of play Valencia used to play under Benitez. I managed to get the team to play very similar offensive, but I did concede a lot of goal so I'll have to work on that part. I did also change my DM's into CM's half way in the season as this turned out to work out better.

My starting eleven was:

Alves

Peruzzi-Mustafi-Otamendi-Gayá

Kranevitter-Parejo

Feghouli-Gomes-Rodrigo

Alcácer

Negredo also got a lot of games of course and ended up with 13 goals in 26 matches, and Paco with 20 goals in 38 games. Had to train Parejo, Gomes and Rodrigo in new positions but they did well when the finally were natural in their positions. I also trained De Paul in AMR and Carles Gil in AML to get some more alternatives in attack. I recommend that you play Ruben Vezo as much as possible too as he develops quickly. He's already 3 and 1/2 star at my save now.

But the most disappointing thing is that in the second season I got almost no money in my transfer budget!! 2-3 million pounds if i'm not mistaken and as if that wasn't enough the board changed the percent of transfer fees coming in to 25%. So my squad is now thinner than it was the 1st season because i couldn't afford to by Rodrigo, Zucculini or Augusto. But now I got Cartabia back from loan so that is a plus. I'm close to begin the season now and the only signing I've done is Darren Fletcher on a free to provide some backup for Kranevitter. It's a bit disappointing that players like Gomes and Garles Gil is not better in the game, but I intend to keep at least Gil as I like to keep the few local lads that are available.

Quick update, after 11 games I sit top, ahead of Barca on goal difference. Bad news in the international break though, Savitsky is out for 5 weeks, gomes out for a month and Parejo got injured in training. He's out for 6 weeks!!!!

Time for some players to step up.

I'm into January 1st season. Loving it so far, would be epic if one of the whizz kids on these forums created a proper Valencia thread as i feel they could be a popular choice this year. Especially as they hold alot of good young players.

Wherever i manage i tend to be domestically biased, so I've signed Jesus Vallejo (800k compensation), Suso on loan and Sergi Roberto has just joined from Barcelona on 1st Jan for 500k up front with 7m over 48 months.

My second nationality is listed as Argentinian so my squad base over coming seasons will try to stick to a Spanish/Argentinian line up.

I signed Lucas Romero at the start of the season who is nothing short of consistently being brilliant.

My line up is

Diego

Perreira Vezo Otamendi Gaya

Romero

Parejo Sergi

Feghouli Rodrigo

Alcacer

I've been forced to play Vezo as he requested 1st team football, knowing his potential is very good I don't want to risk losing him. I've also tried to play Gil where possible.

Currently 2nd in the league and still in Copa Del Rey. Current targets for end of season are: Ruben Pardo, Muniain, Inigo Martinez/Balanta & possibly Barbosa.

Paco Alcacer has been superb. He's attracting interest and i'm concerned that he wont sign a new contract. He was stumbling along with 5 in 9 to start with but in his next 3 games scored a hattrick, a double then 5 as we smashed Rayo (bottom of league) 8-1 at home! Gives him 15 in 12!

Amunt Valencia!

I've just had my first game back after the winter break. Real Madrid at home. Won 5 1.

Currently first although barca and real have games in hand.

Have no transfer budget and no wage budget so I can't bring in any new faces. Sucks as there's a couple of players who's contracts are ending that I'd like.

Finished with the 2nd season. Ended 3rd again after a really close race with Barca and Atletico. Paco scored 19 goals, but was injured some months in the spring and probably would have scored more. Rodrigo de Paul was named young player of the year and Alves, Otamendi, Mustafi, Parejo and Alcácer were named in the team of the year. Came 3rd in the Champions League group and were knocked out by Porto in the first leg in the Euro Cup. The debt of the club is still ridiculous and got 3 million to use in the summer. Tried to get som young and promising players, but really difficult with such a budget. Luckily I signed Thorgan Hazard in the January window.

Just started a Valencia save, holidayed through the first season and then took a job I thought would be a challenge. Ended up at Valencia that way.

First season for them was disappointing 8th place finish and the previous manager was sacked.

I started out with a complete overhaul of backroom staff and training, and the same with all 3 squads, First team, Mestalla and the under 19's.

Negredo already transferred in, I also managed to secure Roberto Pereyra from udinese and Giovinco from Juventus on free transfers, the only money I spent was £9m on Alejandro Arribas from Sevilla as a replacement for Mustafi who transferred to Monaco.

My current starting 11 is as follows:

Gk - Alves

DR - Akapo

DL - Orban

DC - Arribas

DC - Otamendi

DM - Feugo

MR - Feghouli

ML - Guardado

MC - Pereyra

AMC - Giovinco

STC - Negredo

I developed a 4-1-3-1-1 formation, based on a strong at the back, 2 pacy wingers and a hard hitting attack.

after a build up of 11 pre season games, building up toughness of opponents slowly, we ended up with 7 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses, the 2 losses came against Barca, I am blaming this loss on a stupid red card after 7 minutes played.

the 2nd was against San Lorenzo which was a game played with reserve team/under 19 players.

So far after 2 games in La Liga I have 2 wins and sit second in the table.

Hopes for this season are a top 4 finish, European football next season and a run at a domestic trophy.

see where I end up at the end of the season.

Paco best as poacher. He has high work rate so get him to close down often, causes a lot of problems for opposition defenders. Will score a lot of goals from crosses, so make sure your fullbacks overlap.

I am approaching end of first season. Going to sell Negredo as he hasnt found any form. Paco leading goalscorer approaching 30 with a couple of months still left. Rodrigo, Piatti have been my other star players.

Just about to start my second season.

Managed to hold onto fourth place after a bit of a collapse that included losing 6 0 to barca.

The board have given me no transfer budget, reduced my wage budget, only 35%transfer revenue and they want me to challenge for the title.

Trying to sell a load of players as I need strengthen in certain areas.

Gonna be a difficult season.

So now after 13 games played in La liga I was 7 games unbeaten until a stupid performance against Almeria away saw us loose out first game to a scrappy single goal, after that result I couldn't buy a win for the next 5 games, which included a 6-0 smashing at home to Madrid, I have just brought this run to an end with a hard working performance and 3-1 win at home to Barcelona. Javi feugo at DM, Fede Cartabia at ML and Negredo at ST are the 3 best performing players so far, just need to work on the defence slightly to stop teams getting in behind us so often. 13 games played, 4th in La Liga and 3 big results against teams which I expect to be around us in the table at the end of the season Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and Athletico.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I ended up finishing top 4 as proposed in the first season, qualified for the champions league.

Then I was given the budget for next season! A big fat £0! I am expected to strengthen the squad for the champions league but have no money and no wage budget to do so.

Then my director of football sells of my 2 best players from last season, Fede Cartabia goes to Chelsea for £20m and Otamendi goes to Roma for his £12.5m release clause because he wouldn't agree a new contract.

This leaves me in the right poop for this next season, il carry on as best I can and see where I end up in January, there are a few high profile jobs up for grabs so I may end up leaving for a more ambitious chairman.

Archived