Players complaining about lack of first team football....

Has anyone else noticed how frequent it seems to be this year? I've had a few saves and always experienced it, but the worst was just now in my United save. 9 games into the first season, Daley Blind says he's concerned about the lack of first team football and dosnt want his career to stagnant. He had played 7 out of a possible 9 premier league games, jesus christ!

i dont mind whinging players, very indicative of the modern player if you ask me. Though it certainly needs toning down, senior players playing every game who then get rested for 1 game as they have 80% fitness complain of lack of first team football. 18 year old kids whinging, which i dont mind either, they want to play. But the fact that you then get 60% of the senior team upset about his treatment when you say no, or offer to loan him out. Players with no ability out of the youth team arent offered contracts and you get world class players demanding transfers as they dont understand why he was sold... I like the concepts, but it needs tweaking.

i dont mind whinging players, very indicative of the modern player if you ask me. Though it certainly needs toning down, senior players playing every game who then get rested for 1 game as they have 80% fitness complain of lack of first team football. 18 year old kids whinging, which i dont mind either, they want to play. But the fact that you then get 60% of the senior team upset about his treatment when you say no, or offer to loan him out. Players with no ability out of the youth team arent offered contracts and you get world class players demanding transfers as they dont understand why he was sold... I like the concepts, but it needs tweaking.

A higher level of discipline apparently stops them coming to you about minor issues. Wonder what that goes like.

I've had 3 players do that so for, and in all 3 instances I told them they were not in the team because they didn't impress.

Subsequently, after offering them a chance in the first team, I got a great reaction from them (Ashley Young, 3 goals in 5 games since our chat).

Same happened to me in my barca save was 3 quarters of way through first season 26 league games in 9 point lead with a game in hand , final of Spanish cup and into the quarters of champ league. Everything going according to plan or so I thought, Munir keeps asking for 1st team football which I said Suarez was playing to well atm which he was ! Him and messi had 50+ goals between them .he gets upset then have the whole squad on my back about the way I've treated him , the main instigator Suarez LOL . 1 week later I'm sacked due to lack of harmony in the squad WTF ?

Yeah same issue. I've had:

Van Persie - mostly missing due to injuries, whinges just as I'm putting him back in the squad,

Rooney - Considering leaving,

Falcao - asks to leave his loan,

Blackett - Demands first team football (told he's a youth player and to shut up and wait, accepted)

Blackett - Demands to leave as I failed to give him chances (er you what? fine, don't need you anyway.)

Januzaj - Considering leaving.

Januzaj is the funny one because he's being rotated with Mata. If anyone should be considering the football issues it's Mata.

Yeo, same as already mentioned. Started as Arsenal, Wilshere is already injured, as soon as he is fit i make him available for the reserves and on the bench when fit enough and he starts complaining, tell him im not rushing him back because hes been out for a while and he threatens to leave. So take the sensible option and tell him hes going to play.

Personally it's improved greatly since the beta. I had mata complain about not getting enough game time after a long injury and I said it's because your just coming back from an injury and he was fine with that. Same with carrick I said someone infron of you is playing better I'm not going to drop him for you and he understood.

Same happened to me in my barca save was 3 quarters of way through first season 26 league games in 9 point lead with a game in hand , final of Spanish cup and into the quarters of champ league. Everything going according to plan or so I thought, Munir keeps asking for 1st team football which I said Suarez was playing to well atm which he was ! Him and messi had 50+ goals between them .he gets upset then have the whole squad on my back about the way I've treated him , the main instigator Suarez LOL . 1 week later I'm sacked due to lack of harmony in the squad WTF ?

haha you got done over big time mate

Wouldn't mind so much if there was a response to say "I don't care mate, now get out of my ******* office."

Instead the replies are all far too sycophantic.

There's two like this, don't let them even enter your office to talk to you or the, be professional and man up one at the bottom. They don't often like this though.

Yeah it is extreme in FM15 ! Also I've had players wanting new contracts then when you go to offer them one their agent says they're refusing to sign,yet the player keeps accusing me of breaking promises of a new contract then causes disruption amongst the squad !! You'd think this silliness would not keep repeating itself in subsequent editions of the game !

Moving on;

Will Keane - demands a move cos he 'can't make it at this level' despite being a backup - he withdraws it when I let him go on loan though.

Lindegaard - Backup goalkeeper demands a move. - He's had a few cup games but that's not enough apparently.

I notice; if they're a backup, they're going to whinge if they don't get enough games. Even if they're players that are just hitting the right age that you don't consider them a youngster but they're not quite ready for the first team, yet are only really viable as an emergency cover.

Workaround: Make your 'backups' actual third rate players, and any decent youngsters should not be given a status higher than 'hot prospect' until you can thin the squad out.

Edit: Normally it wouldn't be such an issue, but since the first team guys whinge just as quick, if you don't rotate them in order to give the backups a game you'll usually be in a bit of trouble.

2nd Edit: I wonder if SI would be kind enough to give a 'minimum' games required for each squad status.

Moving on;

Will Keane - demands a move cos he 'can't make it at this level' despite being a backup - he withdraws it when I let him go on loan though.

Lindegaard - Backup goalkeeper demands a move. - He's had a few cup games but that's not enough apparently.

I notice; if they're a backup, they're going to whinge if they don't get enough games. Even if they're players that are just hitting the right age that you don't consider them a youngster but they're not quite ready for the first team, yet are only really viable as an emergency cover.

Are these two players "complaining" an issue for you?

Lindegaard has an ambitious and outspoken personality. He's just not going to be happy with a backup role.

Keane realised he may not be good enough to ever make it as a starter so wants a move for regular football. Again, is it really that far-fetched to believe?

2 players complaining is also hardly an issue. You have many, many more backup players in your squad who aren't. :)

Wow, talk about player revolts.....got me the sack with my first save as Southampton, 1st season finished 8th, second season lost 3 games in a row and went from well liked manager to public enemy no.1., but lost to the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U and all close games. Quite a big squad though, so diifcult to keep everyone happy unless total rotation system.

does seem FM15 the players have very little patience or understanding.

Are these two players "complaining" an issue for you?

Lindegaard has an ambitious and outspoken personality. He's just not going to be happy with a backup role.

Keane realised he may not be good enough to ever make it as a starter so wants a move for regular football. Again, is it really that far-fetched to believe?

2 players complaining is also hardly an issue. You have many, many more backup players in your squad who aren't. :)

Not strictly on its own, no.

But with Keane, he came in for a bit of slack from the press because I gave him a contract at the start of the year, he made his debut (for me) and scored twice, then went back to the U21's to progress as our injury crisis had resolved itself. So, given I've just handed him a new contract, even if he's not creeping into the first team now, it's blindingly obvious I have him ear-marked alongside Wilson as a potential future player and Rooney and VP are pushing into 30 and beyond so it won't be that long before he gets games. On that basis he should be thinking 'hmm, the manager's tied me down for a few years, he obviously thinks I'm going to be a talent in a few years time, I'll stick it out and keep at it.'

I didn't bother persuading him about the game time, because I did that with Blackett and apparently it meant 'give me game time in the next few months or I'm off' - and he's another talent I'm trying to blood through to the team in the following season.

Also, compounding it, is the first team are temperamental about their own chances, my earlier post shows it's not limited to the two players, I had;

Van Persie (Injury),

Rooney,

Januzaj (God knows why, he was starting every other game),

Blackett,

Falcao (terminated his loan),

Keane,

Lindegaard.

With VP/Rooney and Falcao, all three got uppity over the course of being injured.

Januzaj is a weird one because he shut up about it by getting injured!

Oh yeah, Keane made me laugh by the way because of a rather realistic thing happening. He whinged, I sent him out on loan, he agreed to stay. So he goes on loan, boom! Van Persie and Rooney injured on international duty. Leaving me with James Wilson as my only fit striker. Oh, how I laughed. Mr. Keane would have been in the taxi to Birmingham going 'D'OH!' there's his bloody chance! >_<

Anyway, I'll get better at managing it, but I think it's down to squad status more than anything else.

After 7 seven games I had a player demand more first team football, I told him he had to earn it, he got angry, two days later the captain and the rest of the team said that he doesn't deserve a place in the first eleven and so were happy that I didn't cave in to his demands. :)

Not strictly on its own, no.

But with Keane, he came in for a bit of slack from the press because I gave him a contract at the start of the year, he made his debut (for me) and scored twice, then went back to the U21's to progress as our injury crisis had resolved itself. So, given I've just handed him a new contract, even if he's not creeping into the first team now, it's blindingly obvious I have him ear-marked alongside Wilson as a potential future player and Rooney and VP are pushing into 30 and beyond so it won't be that long before he gets games. On that basis he should be thinking 'hmm, the manager's tied me down for a few years, he obviously thinks I'm going to be a talent in a few years time, I'll stick it out and keep at it.'

I didn't bother persuading him about the game time, because I did that with Blackett and apparently it meant 'give me game time in the next few months or I'm off' - and he's another talent I'm trying to blood through to the team in the following season.

Also, compounding it, is the first team are temperamental about their own chances, my earlier post shows it's not limited to the two players, I had;

Van Persie (Injury),

Rooney,

Januzaj (God knows why, he was starting every other game),

Blackett,

Falcao (terminated his loan),

Keane,

Lindegaard.

With VP/Rooney and Falcao, all three got uppity over the course of being injured.

Januzaj is a weird one because he shut up about it by getting injured!

Oh yeah, Keane made me laugh by the way because of a rather realistic thing happening. He whinged, I sent him out on loan, he agreed to stay. So he goes on loan, boom! Van Persie and Rooney injured on international duty. Leaving me with James Wilson as my only fit striker. Oh, how I laughed. Mr. Keane would have been in the taxi to Birmingham going 'D'OH!' there's his bloody chance! >_<

Anyway, I'll get better at managing it, but I think it's down to squad status more than anything else.

Ah, I remember that post. Lindegaard and Keane is believable, to me anyway. Keane is out on loan, so he is getting games. I assume you told him he'll be featuring more in future/next season?

Januzaj complaining seem buggy. So does the players who were injured. Have you reported it? You should, but it'll really help if you have a save before the complaint. Hell, even report the others if you think they're illogical. SI can take a look and determine if anything is "wrong".

Ah, I remember that post. Lindegaard and Keane is believable, to me anyway. Keane is out on loan, so he is getting games. I assume you told him he'll be featuring more in future/next season?

Januzaj complaining seem buggy. So does the players who were injured. Have you reported it? You should, but it'll really help if you have a save before the complaint. Hell, even report the others if you think they're illogical. SI can take a look and determine if anything is "wrong".

Just had two more youngsters asking to leave but this time on loan.

Not an issue, but the season just finished. >_>

More so annoying that a player complains, then gets injured and then by time he is fit enough to play again he complains far too soon about not having been picked for games.

Not much I can do about giving you play time when you have been injured or you stupidly got yourself suspended.

This remains my biggest gripe of the game so far. So annoying attempting to manage them. However, I noticed that when you're in the conversation, if you browse away from that page without responding, it doesn't allow you back and displays as 'had conversation with X player'.

Two things:

1) As was said before manager stats affect this (I think it's discipline)

2) If you have a player with first team, key player, or rotation status and you don't play them, of course they're going to complain.

As for what Fmobande said, actually in LLM you shouldn't even have many senior players as subs to complain.

That should be reported too. :thup:

Got an answer;

Anyone here with the same issue having started their save in the beta?

The issue here is that the save was started on the Beta. Unfortunately some fixes will not be save game compatible and this is the case here. In order to achieve the full effect of all the fixes that have been put in place it is advisable to start a fresh save. You will notice a huge difference in the balance of player happiness and first team football demands. I hope this helps.

Oh well, guess I'll be restarting my awesome United file... :(

• 3 months later...

At the just Nov of first reason, I have some players that complain to teammates about lack of first team football. so frustrating - saying "there will be lots of matches ahead, you will get your chance" did not work for me too.

In real football there are many fringe/squad players who don't play all the time, but are important to have around when they are needed. I'm sure a most of them would like to play more, and some complain about it. But many also accept being a very useful part of the team without starting many games, and they fight for game time in training. Not so in FM. Everybody above youth age MUST start games regularly. Or else they'll demand a move because they're hardwired to automatically demand first-team football no matter what. The only exception I've seen so far is my backup goalkeeper, who hasn't complained yet (but I'm sure he will). Everybody else MUST be rotated 50/50, or I'm in big trouble. So I'm pretty much changing the entire team from a game to the next just to keep fringe players happy. I'm being held hostage by my players. I can stave them off with chats, but next time they complain, they won't listen to reason.

This remains my biggest gripe of the game so far. So annoying attempting to manage them. However, I noticed that when you're in the conversation, if you browse away from that page without responding, it doesn't allow you back and displays as 'had conversation with X player'.

I have had the same issue with your last sentence - it was annoying as it happened twice in a few weeks.

Archived