Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Some Guy!

Any way to increase B team reputation

Managing in Germany for the first time since FM13 and I'm curious if it's actually possible to increase a B team's reputation, or if that issue hasn't been sorted yet. In order for them to get promoted it seems that their reputation needs to increase, but it seems that the reputation is neither linked to the quality of players there, nor the quality of the team it's a B team for. As such it appears to end up being a static reputation.

This was particularly annoying in my last German career, where I had a Champions League winning FSV Frankfurt with a B team that was still considered a nothing local side reputation wise, despite players getting average ratings around 8.0+ each (and a striker with 70 league goals) in the simulated matches for FSV Frankfurt II.

Is there any way that B Team reputation could be added to the in game editor to help solve the issue for long term saves?

I think the only way of doing it at the moment is do edit the database and swap out some club from the 3. Bundesliga with the B team of the club you plan to manage. However you'd have to do that before starting the save. It doesn't look like there's a way of doing it in the in-game editor. There is a way tho, i'll send you a PM about it.

For what matter, why does it seem that B-team reputation is separate from first team reputation for teams that have no other way of adjusting reputation? Unless friendly wins actually make an impact (one that could actually bring reputation up eventually), at this time those B-teams are just stuck in the void gamewise.

Unless something has changed in FM15, if your B team doesn't start in the division directly below 3. Bundesliga when the game starts they will never be promoted. The game only chooses at random, with a better chance for the higher reputation teams, teams from the league below 3. Bundesliga to be promoted.

If your team is one of the ones able to be promoted then you can save before the promoted/relegated teams get moved between the leagues and reload until yours get chosen for promotion.

Unless something has changed in FM15, if your B team doesn't start in the division directly below 3. Bundesliga when the game starts they will never be promoted. The game only chooses at random, with a better chance for the higher reputation teams, teams from the league below 3. Bundesliga to be promoted.

If your team is one of the ones able to be promoted then you can save before the promoted/relegated teams get moved between the leagues and reload until yours get chosen for promotion.

I realise this, but the point is that while they are in the division below, they are one of the lower reputation teams eligible. Surely they could change the editor slightly to allow B-team reputations to be edited, or even allow people to set a team for promotion the following season.