Sports Interactive Community

Hi,

Are there any online videos on how to understand the tactical side of FM more? Currently I find myself just watching the ball rather than managing the tactics in order to take advantage of opportunities. I feel learning this in video format would be best rather than reading about it as I've tried to. Does anyone know of any videos teaching FM tactics?

Thanks

Not sure how useful they are but i know work the space and statistical approach post youtube videos about tactics and the like...

also strikerless on wordpress uses videos to illustrate points he has made in the blog but not sure how much he has done with fm15

You best bet is using Google and Youtube. Not many people make them for the tactical side specifically because imo its a bit pointless and dull. You can't really understand why someone did something and how it impacts things. For understanding and learning then text is far superior, videos are good for showing examples of what is being talked about though and a lot of users myself included use little snippets. But as far as full videos go I don't know a single video maker who makes any worthwhile watching that will help you learn the tactical side of the game and how it works.

Not sure how useful they are but i know work the space and statistical approach post youtube videos about tactics and the like...

Having watched Statistical Approaches FM15 stuff, I wouldn't bother copying anything he is doing at the moment. Work the Space has been a bit more successful. But that was during the beta when it was a little easier.

WorkTheSpace and StatisticalApoeoach don't seem all that clued up tactically, does anybody stream on twitch that is good tactically?

WorkTheSpace and StatisticalApoeoach don't seem all that clued up tactically, does anybody stream on twitch that is good tactically?

Not really no.

Hint, hint ;)

Sadly I'll not be doing it as it would be a bit pointless. If I had to live stream and explain stuff as playing then the game would always be paused while I explained what I did and why. It would just take far too much time and only be relevant for those currently watching. I honestly don't see many tactical people streaming with the intention of some kind of tactical guide. :(

Yeah fair enough you already do a great deal already for the community here and as you said it wouldn't be massively beneficial.

You can follow me on twitter though, I was speaking to you about PBD earlier ;)

Sadly I'll not be doing it as it would be a bit pointless. If I had to live stream and explain stuff as playing then the game would always be paused while I explained what I did and why. It would just take far too much time and only be relevant for those currently watching. I honestly don't see many tactical people streaming with the intention of some kind of tactical guide. :(

I thought everything livestreamed on Twitch would be watched back later? I could be completely wrong about that

Thanks everyone. The consensus seems to be that text is better due to the lack of videos available. Can anyone recommend any text based guides?

I think the idea of someone Twitch streaming the in match tactical decisions would be useful.

Thanks everyone. The consensus seems to be that text is better due to the lack of videos available. Can anyone recommend any text based guides?

I think the idea of someone Twitch streaming the in match tactical decisions would be useful.

I think text the best way of explaining how to balance roles and duties and set up tactics etc. - but I'm certain that some someone who really knows what they're talking about streaming some matches and discussing how those tactics turn out/what they're looking out for/what they change and why would be a fantastic resource for a lot of people here.

Cleon hasn't sold himself here, but his blog is a good place to start(not videos, but text based). Really good info and he knows his stuff. He explains it simply and doesn't complicate it for the sake of it. His older stuff and the stuff he's putting out just now is well worth a read if you're struggling.

http://sisportscentre.com/

I thought everything livestreamed on Twitch would be watched back later? I could be completely wrong about that

It doesn't change the fact I'd have to stay on the same screen without doing anything else while I explain 1 single aspect of what I've done and why for half hour. The videos would be far too long and would be hours rather than minutes. It's just not a user friendly way of doing stuff and would be super boring for how still and slow I'd have to play just to explain things. It's why text is easier for this as it allows you to explain in depth what you've done and why without the need of pausing the game for an hour to talk about it.

I manage in real life (only Sunday League so far but hoping to move upwards in time) and via my homepage (which I won't link to but it's there) I do tactics guides that I'm beginning to put together and do some work in incorporating that into the game. Will try and get more technical in future videos.

Having watched Statistical Approaches FM15 stuff, I wouldn't bother copying anything he is doing at the moment. Work the Space has been a bit more successful. But that was during the beta when it was a little easier.

That's a little unfair seeing as I've written a 4.5k word article for FMScout talking about tactics. I've had plenty of success offline. Was just messing around with the beta during my Hull save. That's the only save you can be referring to as my Liverpool save is only a few episodes in and going ok without being spectacular.

Generally speaking I've been able to build winning tactics. That's the message I'd like to get across.

fwiw I've just released my second tactic on fmscout, it's a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond formation. I won't link it as that's frowned upon.

It's been very successful so thought it was worth mentioning in response to what was said earlier.

Some of the guys on twitch are great when asked questions - Chris, Clan, and Stoney especially will respond to tactical questions when asked via the chat