FM15: Tottenham Hotspur - Always Take Lamela With You

enders357

Selling Onomah?! He looks to be a real talent in my game, hope you've got a buy back!

About half way through the season on the new patch, does anyone else find Fazio and Mason are made of tissue? Constatly getting injured in matches the pair of them.

Especially frustrating as we seem to play so much better when Masons in midfield (like the real Spurs team), sticking him as DLP seems to give us so much more possession and gets Erikson firing on all cylinders.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in two minds about it. He does look good but I dont like loaning players and there was just no way he was getting into the team. I sold him at 500k with a 50% profit on sale. So if he does become good I'll profit financially.

No way I'd be selling Onomah. European Golden Boy in season three in my pre-patch save and I think his stats are either the same or have been improved slightly in the new patch.

Well.... maybe he is one of those -9/-10 PA's then. Though Im not sure they still have those?!?! just looked him after selling to Blackburn. Interestingly he is now valued at 3.7m but he is only 2.5 black stars on my save ?!?!?!

Well.... maybe he is one of those -9/-10 PA's then. Though Im not sure they still have those?!?! just looked him after selling to Blackburn. Interestingly he is now valued at 3.7m but he is only 2.5 black stars on my save ?!?!?!

His PA is

It is possible to develop him with careful coaching and exposure to 1st team football.

He takes a fair bit of nurturing but once given his chance he shone for me...

Screenshot%202015-03-15%2012.00.07_zpsqj8dirhb.png

Screenshot%202015-03-15%2012.00.16_zpssj0lmdqy.png

I kind of got lucky with him, in a way, in that I had some awful luck with injuries and had to recall him from a loan I'd only just sent him on at Bournemouth and stick in the team because I was so short on numbers and he has just never looked back (apart from his own lengthy spell on the sidelines that unfortunately meant he missed the 2018 World Cup).

He does look good. However I'm not sure even with those stats he would suit my team. I play a high line with high pressing. I do not have a AMC position, thus, him in MC position just wouldnt work for me with his low aggression and bravery.

15m too??? jeez...........

How are people getting on with Mason? He is progressing nicely for me but is constantly injured. Just 11 games into the season and he has had three injuries with a combined total of 6.5 weeks. No doubt he'll complain about lack of playing time shortly.

Also, what about Dele Alli? Looks promising but only 2.5 stars (black) from my assistant manager.

How are people getting on with Mason? He is progressing nicely for me but is constantly injured. Just 11 games into the season and he has had three injuries with a combined total of 6.5 weeks. No doubt he'll complain about lack of playing time shortly.

Also, what about Dele Alli? Looks promising but only 2.5 stars (black) from my assistant manager.

Mason is always getting injured and having to come off in games for me, but not being injured after the match if you get what I mean?

Also his % condition is rarely above 90, even when match fit. Shame, because as I said above he is playing really well as a DLP support with something like 88% pass completion. Wicked when sat behind Eriksen.

Mason has a high injury proneness. And poor natural fitness. Recipe for disaster.

Yeah, planning my moves to ship him out. Might try and give him a run of easy games and then offer out.

I got Sturridge joining me in January which I'm excited about. I'll have Lamela, Lacazette, Eriksen and Sturridge to choose from with a strong backup of Azzaoui, who is starting to look great at just 17..... if not somewhat slow at sustained speed.

Yet to sell Mason as I'm only getting offers of 11m at this stage. But I was very pleased to see that Koke had a 44.5m clause in his contract. A very extravagant purchase but arugably the best player available for a BBM?!?!?

I played him as an AMC as TQ in a strikerless formation on FM14 and he was great. Sadly for him though, at the time, Mata became available and he was amazing.

People wont want to play him upfront due to his low finishing, however I made a comment in a thread at the time that if someone had the ability to get into very good scoring positions, and he does, then they didnt need a high finishing score.

On thing I found with him was that his match ratings were fairly spikey. Central forwards with low bravery and aggression can be a little easy to take out of the game.

Guess you have a problem now :) Kane or Eriksen.......

Anyone bother training Kane in penalties? We had 8 last season and he didnt take one. Lacazette took them all (and scored them all). Was just thinking if another 6/7 goals per season is worth the effort? in my save he is only 11 in penalties.

He did take one this season and scored so it got me to thinking........

LAM

Anyone bother training Kane in penalties? We had 8 last season and he didnt take one. Lacazette took them all (and scored them all). Was just thinking if another 6/7 goals per season is worth the effort? in my save he is only 11 in penalties.

He did take one this season and scored so it got me to thinking........

LAM

IRL he's pretty poor at pens. Or has been. I'm sure he's missed more for the first team than he's scored. And I definitely saw him miss a few at youth level. 11 isn't a bad starting point if you can train it though. His finishing and composure should help.

I played him as an AMC as TQ in a strikerless formation on FM14 and he was great. Sadly for him though, at the time, Mata became available and he was amazing.

People wont want to play him upfront due to his low finishing, however I made a comment in a thread at the time that if someone had the ability to get into very good scoring positions, and he does, then they didnt need a high finishing score.

On thing I found with him was that his match ratings were fairly spikey. Central forwards with low bravery and aggression can be a little easy to take out of the game.

Guess you have a problem now :) Kane or Eriksen.......

lam - Definitely a problem, but a good one to have...

Although, may be resolved very quickly as PSG just came in with a £66 million bid for Eriksen!!!!!!!! Not sure i can turn down that kind of money

Aye.... thats a lota cash. But it depends if you can bring someone else in for less that can do as good a job. Playing him as a AML/R for me, I'd definately sell at 66m as there are so many more options for that role.

Started a brand new Spurs save last night. Had an awesome save back on ‘08 with them and very keen to try on the new patch with the upgraded youth (Kane, Mason, Bentaleb etc)

First task I undertook was to get rid of Adebayor. Huge wage and would only be a backup, no point having him hang around. Sold him to Liverpool for 5.25m, wasn’t keen to sell to another prem team as this will inevitably come back to haunt me, but they were the only offer.

Had an overhaul of the coaching but kept the assistant as he looks decent and there’s no one better available really.

Put Capoue on the transfer list but had no interest whatsoever. Will end up keeping him as backup. I want Bentaleb as first choice BBM, and Mason, Stambouli, Paulinho & Dembele will be ahead of him in pecking order.

Only signings have been Marquinhos for £3.5m, Lacazette for £10m (rising to £12.25m), and Sergi Roberto from Barca on loan.

Lacazette out for 5 months 20 mins into his pre season debut though, great start.

Has anyone had any joy retraining and playing Rose as an AML. Not a fan at all of his defensive qualities so I have started the retraining and been playing him there in pre season.

Yet to play my first competitive game but lining up as;

GK: Lloris

DL: Davies

DR: Chiriches / Marquinhos / Dier

DC: Vertonghen

DC: Kaboul / Marquinhos

DL : Davies / Rose

MC: Dembele (until Bentaleb is fit) as BBM

MC: Mason as DLP

AMC: Eriksen as APM

AML: Rose / Chadli

AMR: Lamela / Townsend

ST: Kane / Lacazette / Soldado

Any other top academy youth I should be keeping an eye on?

Any other top academy youth I should be keeping an eye on?

Joshua Onomah has gone on to great things for a few of us here (inc. winning European Golden Boy for at least two of us).

On the new patch, Cameron Carter-Vickers and Kyle Walker-Peters both have the potential to be top Premier League players.

I would also consider using the clause to re-sign Massimo Luongo from Swindon for £400k. Looks like he could be a good player to me, and if not he's already worth way more than £400k at the game's start so you should make a healthy profit on him if it doesn't work out.

Has anyone had any joy retraining and playing Rose as an AML. Not a fan at all of his defensive qualities so I have started the retraining and been playing him there in pre season.

Don't underestimate his pace coupled with his aggression. He has been outstanding for me in defence. Has an average rating of 7.86 and with only three assists you can assume that most of this comes from his defensive qualities.

I play him mainly as a WB(A) and sometimes switch to a WB(S) but his pace, acceleration and aggression means that he will always get back and make a last ditched tackle. He has the lowest number of mistakes per game for me and zero mistakes leading to goals.

Don't get me wrong, we have a strong team. Likely to exceed 100 goals and 100 points. Season won with 5 games to space. Just 15 goals conceded (5 of those vs MC), 21 clean sheets (5 to go). So we are strong defensively.

End of Season two.

Won the league, the Euro Super Cup (vs Barcelona) , the FA (vs Chelsea), Final of the Euro Cup (lost on pens to Ze Germans..... Bayern).

Only just broke the 100 points barrier in the league. Was disappointing as we only needed 3 points from 3 games. Considering our league record we lost one, draw one and won one.

Was pleased that my goal difference was as high as the next highest scoring team. Was higher by far until the last three games. Really pleased with my defence as we only conceded 21 in the league and 5 of those came in one game against Man City.

A mish-mash of pictures below:

2jcj13t.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/2jcj13t/8

Decisions to take over the break.

• Sell Yedlin. I'm getting annoying with his American appearances when I need him. Walker-Peters looks like he could be good enough to steup up and has trained well this season. This will leave me with Rose/Davies on the left and Walker/WP on the right but no real cover beyond that. WP was good as he could use both feet thus he was ALWAYS a sub.
  • Move Caarter-Vickers on? Physically decent for his age, mentallty just okay. However a very low aggression of 6 bothers me as I play a very aggressive pressing game. First touch is shocking too.
  • DM position. I switch between Stambouli (who is suited to my halfback role) and Bentaleb (who is not really). Bentaleb has improved really well this season but moves more and more towards an MC role as his defensive side has not improved despite me focusing on it. Thinking of moving Henderson back to DM spot as no.1 pick. Stam as backup and to start using Bent as no2/3 MC choice as BBM. Really I think I need to purchase a proper DM HB player but can not seem to find one with decent vision AND jumping.
  • Move Dele Alli on? Looks like he could be very promising but doesnt stand a chance of getting in the team. Not even no.2/3 backup.
  • Really keen to bring another decent English player in and will think about moving Lacazette on, though he has performed very well indeed. 38(6) 19/7. BUT Sturridge is on fire now and Eriksen is amazing as AML AP(A).
  • Bale may be available............... enough said.

Regards

LAM

ps. Received offers to manage Real Madrid and Manchester UNited. Said no to both. Interestingly Slaven Bilic took the Manchest United role!

Am I crazy for wanting to play Kane (slightly upgraded of course) as a Treq in the AMC slot behind a striker?

I like my strikers to be pacey which he isn't exactly and I figured he has enough vision/passing ability to do well there.

Am I crazy for wanting to play Kane (slightly upgraded of course) as a Treq in the AMC slot behind a striker?

I like my strikers to be pacey which he isn't exactly and I figured he has enough vision/passing ability to do well there.

Yup. At best he would be mediocre there and there are far better options. Eriksen for one if you still have him.

Yeah, I think you probably would! ;) I also like my strikers pacey in an ideal world, but when I have someone who can get 20-30 league goals a year, pace or no pace, that's fine by me!

Had an absolutely stunning start to my first season.

6 league games in, 6 wins, 28 goals for, 8 against. Included a 3-2 win over Man City, 5-1 vs QPR, 4-3 vs Southampton after being 4-0 up at half time.

Entertaining but not good for the heart these games haha.

Ryan Mason has been incredible so far, Kane as 8 league goals already, and I won Manager of Month for the two opening months! J

Europa League form is the only let down, 2 games 2 draws but every fixture in my group has been a draw so I actually sit top of the group at the moment anyway.

Yup. At best he would be mediocre there and there are far better options. Eriksen for one if you still have him.
Yeah, I think you probably would! ;) I also like my strikers pacey in an ideal world, but when I have someone who can get 20-30 league goals a year, pace or no pace, that's fine by me!

Fair enough :D

Decisions to take over the break.

• Sell Yedlin. I'm getting annoying with his American appearances when I need him. Walker-Peters looks like he could be good enough to steup up and has trained well this season. This will leave me with Rose/Davies on the left and Walker/WP on the right but no real cover beyond that. WP was good as he could use both feet thus he was ALWAYS a sub.
  • Move Caarter-Vickers on? Physically decent for his age, mentallty just okay. However a very low aggression of 6 bothers me as I play a very aggressive pressing game. First touch is shocking too.
  • DM position. I switch between Stambouli (who is suited to my halfback role) and Bentaleb (who is not really). Bentaleb has improved really well this season but moves more and more towards an MC role as his defensive side has not improved despite me focusing on it. Thinking of moving Henderson back to DM spot as no.1 pick. Stam as backup and to start using Bent as no2/3 MC choice as BBM. Really I think I need to purchase a proper DM HB player but can not seem to find one with decent vision AND jumping.
  • Move Dele Alli on? Looks like he could be very promising but doesnt stand a chance of getting in the team. Not even no.2/3 backup.
  • Really keen to bring another decent English player in and will think about moving Lacazette on, though he has performed very well indeed. 38(6) 19/7. BUT Sturridge is on fire now and Eriksen is amazing as AML AP(A).
  • Bale may be available............... enough said.!

Update:

• Sold Yedlin to PSG for 20m. KW-P is doing really well on this side and no.2 to Walker. It seems fairly easy to get good ratings from the DL/R positions this year. Though, I can only imagine what someone with really good stats could acheive. Either way. A good move. 20m in and KW-P is on peanuts.
  • Decided to keep him. I have also bought another promising young DC with far better aggression and bravery, so we'll see how that pans out.
  • Sold Stambouli. Got 21m from Inter after what was a decent season for him. Henderson is doing really well in the role and does even better when I switch from HB to DLP(D) if there is no threat from a deep striker or an AMC. Also bought in a young guy called Lovric (not sure if regen or not, though i thiknk no). He looks promising in the role.
  • Kept Dele in the team and retrained him to FC. However I am giving him games as MC. He reminds me of Dembelle the way he drivs forward from deep. Took to re-training the FC role really quick,which I hope bodes well. Not sure he'll ever make no.1 pick in my team so I'll either have a quality backup for some years or likely sell for circa 10m+ extras.
  • Bid for Wellbeck and in theory I got him. However I backed out at the last minute as I didnt want to sell Lacazette and Manchester City took him. 6 games in he has played once which is even worse than his Arsenal seasons. Still itching for more English players and am regretting my decision to not complete the deal. One of the main reasons is that Lac is on 70k or so and Wellbeck wanted circa 110k
  • Bale was available for just 45m!!!!! however he wanted 18m signing on, 7.5 for his agent and 300k+ per week. Love the guy but not that much.

LAM

Has anyone else picked this guy up?

Elliot Hodgett-Young

rYNkvrW.png?1

Got him on a free at the start of Season 1 as a pit of a punt, He had just been released by Mansfield.....

Start of Season 3 he has ousted Jan from the team and has 6 England Caps!!!!!

@lam - you got £20m for Yedlin and £21m for Stambouli?? :applause:

Yeah. To be honest I thought it was only okay. It's good in respect to their abilities but their ratings were really high all season. I think they were both between 7.75 and 8.0 on average and there was interest in both all season. I think I have them both up for 40m. I think I offered them out at a similar level and took a big hit..... at least against their value.

I think its a little to easy for Winbacks to get decent ratings in this version..... either that or my tactic lends itself well to a good rating.

Finally started my Spurs save. Sold Ade & Vertonghen. Loaned out Paulinho. Signed Musacchio, Balanta, Depay & brought Gio Dos Santos back.

Injuries are wreaking havoc on my squad. Went out of Europa playoff to Torino on away goals but that does ease the workload.

Early days in the league and sitting 7th. Depay is out of this world.

Will pos more tomorrow.

Has anyone else picked this guy up?

Elliot Hodgett-Young

rYNkvrW.png?1

Got him on a free at the start of Season 1 as a pit of a punt, He had just been released by Mansfield.....

Start of Season 3 he has ousted Jan from the team and has 6 England Caps!!!!!

Hmm... I can't seem to find this chap, I have England down to League 2 loaded?

Made it through the first season then a game ruining bug. No new premiership matches were loaded and i had to cancel the save. Lamela and Kane up front was something special, though.

Argh! That must have been so frustrating!

Did you have Kane and Lamela as a two? What were their duties and what was the formation around them?

Started a brand new save and bought Depay with the money I sold Vertonghan to Man U with and right when he arrives BOOM!! Out 3 months with injury that he got in training.

On a more alarming note is anyone else finding that it is incredibly frustrating and quite simply silly that Ryan Mason gets hurt a lot!? In my saves he just can't get a good run of games because he is always hurt and I find it quite silly really.

its not just him in my save, iv been getting alot of injuries compared to previous saves.

even kane consistently picking up knocks and getting injured. i dont think i had a fully fit squad at any time in the season.

Argh! That must have been so frustrating!

Did you have Kane and Lamela as a two? What were their duties and what was the formation around them?

I had Kane set up as the Advance Striker on the left side of the two and Lamela as the Deep Striker and Lamela after 3/4 games became a tank. His dribbling is Messi like.

Started with spurs on new patch and just going into 4th season so far

i have finished 3rd 5th and 3rd in league in my 3 seasons have also made Euro Cup Final, League Cup Final x2 and FA Cup final only to get beat in them all having no luck at all haha

my team for 4th season is

GK Lloris / Pachenho

DR Walker / Clyne

DL Digne / Gouhlam

DC Balanta / Dier

DC N'Koulou / Alderweireld

MC Romero / Bentaleb

MC Veratti / Barkley

AMR Hulk / Bellarabi

AMC Eriksen / Çalhanoğlu

AML Depay / Fischer

ST Dybala / Kane / Berahino

Depay has been palyer of season every year he scores for fun, hopefully can finally win some tropheys this year is a fun challenge with spurs i must say

Always enjoy a Spurs game in previous versions, so finally started one at the weekend and thought I'd do a quick brain dump on where I'm at and get any thoughts for the January transfer window...

Playing various tweaks on a 4-2-3-1 formation (depending on opposition) which I think seems to bring the best out of the players available at the start of the game. Sometimes drop the 2 CMs to 2 DMs, depending on the opposition.

Decided I didn't want to buy any players over the age of 24, to build a team for future.

Outs:

Dembele - £7m (wasn't the right player for my system)

Adebayor - £5m (wages were enormous and wasn't likely to play)

Soldado - £10m (see above)

Vertonghen - £35m (United came in with an offer and I negotiated it up to £35m - couldn't turn down as it is a lot for 3.5* player)

Rose - £7m (crossing stats not good enough and wanted a better first choice LB than him or Davies)

Chadli - £12m (always had plenty of joy with Munir & Ayew at AML, so wanted them instead)

Paulinho - £8m (wanted Romero instead)

Capoue - £9m (overload of CM/DM options)

Kaboul - £3m (thought I'd get more money, but got seriously annoyed at being listed so ended up taking a low offer)

= £96m

Ins:

Mitrovic - £15m (Soldado replacement, enormous potential)

Fierro - £4m (bit physically lightweight at the start, but has wonderful potential)

Balanta - £11m (Vertonghen replacement)

Marquinhos - £3.5m (4* potential, listed by PSG remarkably)

Digne - £3m (again 4* potential and listed by PSG)

Romero - £8m (think a rotation of him, Bentaleb and Mason will make a really solid midfield platform for the four creative players further up the pitch)

Ayew - £4.5m (was an absolute hero for me in my last Everton save and ended up going to Bayern for £40m)

Rafinha - loan (backup for Eriksen, whilst Onomah gets up to speed)

Samper - loan (for when I drop to two DMs)

Munir - loan (quality IF backup at AML for Ayew)

= £49m (+ loans)

Needs

DR - With Walker out for 5 months, Walker-Peters still too raw, and Yedlin not being good enough, I definitely need a right back. I'm playing Marquinhos or Dier there at the moment, but my formation ideally needs someone defensively solid but with strong crossing ability.Any suggestions would be great. As you can see from the ins/outs, I've still got quite a bit of money to spend.

At the moment, the side is:

GK: Lloris/Vorm/Friedel

DR: Marquinhos/Dier/

DL: Digne/Davies

2 x DC: Chiriches/Balanta/Marquinhos/Fazio/Dier

2 x MC: Romero/Bentaleb/Mason

AMR: Lamela/Townsend

AMC: Eriksen/Rafinha

AML: Ayew/Munir

ST: Kane/Mitrovic/Fierro

Played the first couple of games of the PL season and have won 3-0 in both, but obviously there's a long way to go. If I can get the RB situation sorted, I'll be in a decent place ahead of January (fingers crossed).

Just started a new Spurs save last night, latest db + pr0's data update pack 2.1. I don't think the mod changes player stats, but Harry Kane just scored his fifth goal in the opening game against the Saints, and it's not even half time yet. This kid is a monster!

Archived