[FM15] Scotland - Full Pyramid System (formerly Highland & Lowland Leagues)

Version 15.0.3 - The Scottish Pyramid (w/ Junior Leagues below)

by Morrissey

I am currently working on this database, which will include the North Caledonian League and Scottish Junior pyramid underneath the existing full league pyramid. I've made this BETA file available for testing to make sure everything is working with the SFL2/Highland & Lowland League playoffs, and the newly-added North Caledonian League & Cups, before proceeding further. Please give it a go and feedback any faults/issues!

This is a work in progress. For a ready-made file, try the two previous versions below.

-------------------------------------------------

Version 15.0.2 - The Scottish Pyramid

by Morrissey

The 2014/15 season sees Scotland adopt a league pyramid system for the first time, similar to the English system - albeit with a more difficult trapdoor to sneak through to the professional leagues!

This update makes the Highland, Lowland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland Leagues fully playable, while adding some information to each new club. You can find a full list of the improvements via the link below. Also included in link 1 is an updated logopack, making sure that each new competition and playable club have real badges.

Can you lead a non-league side to the very top, now that the opportunity has been granted for the first time? Good luck! ;)

Download Link 1 (database + logopack)

Download Link 2 (only database) - Updated w/ fix!

Look out for version 15.0.3 sometime in December, which will add some of the more prominent junior leagues to the database!

-------------------------------------------------

Version 15.0.1 - The Scottish Pyramid

by Morrissey

The 2014/15 season sees Scotland adopt a league pyramid system for the first time, similar to the English system - albeit with a more difficult trapdoor to sneak through to the professional leagues!

This update makes the Highland and Lowland Leagues fully playable, while adding some information to each new club. You can find a full list of the improvements via the link below. Also included is a logopack, making sure that each new competition and playable club have real badges.

Can you lead a non-league side to the very top, now that the opportunity has been granted for the first time? Good luck! ;)

Download Link 1 (w/ Info)

Download Link 2 (Direct)

guys would this db work with an english lower league i have downloaded, just wondering if edited databases are compatible

Should be compatible - only changes made in this are to Scotland, so don't see why not. Give it a go!

Really like this, i've edited it slightly to bump the divisions up to 20 teams a peice, with the high/low at 18.

In process of making a battle of britain cup as well, with teams from

Scot Championship -> L. Two

Eng Championship -> L. Two

Welsh Prem & First

Northern Ire Prem & First

Will make up the rest of the teams from Repulic wildcard slots. straight knockout during cup replay weekends (i've taken cup replys from cups out), winner get 5mil.

Might a charity shield 'Auld Enemy' game for the 2 Scot/Eng Championship winners, to take place the day before the weekend before season start. mirroring the eng charity shield.

Thanks for the feedback folks - all seems to be running smoothly!

I managed to take Spartans up to League 1 in 3 seasons, but have hit a bit of a roadblock now - squad needs an overhaul to keep progressing I think. There are good frees that can be had initially which help (ST Kean and CM Masterton especially I found). Getting a parent club only seems to help once you hit League 2, as decent loanees don't want to join a non-league team.

I'm currently working on version 15.0.2, which will see the full pyramid included. It is pretty complicated though, will probably take me at least another week! Basically, it will see the East of Scotland (Prem & 1st) and South of Scotland (Prem) added below the Lowland League with promotion/relegation etc - it will involve the creation of a few new teams and a huge amount of cup competitions though!

Thanks for the feedback folks - all seems to be running smoothly!

I managed to take Spartans up to League 1 in 3 seasons, but have hit a bit of a roadblock now - squad needs an overhaul to keep progressing I think. There are good frees that can be had initially which help (ST Kean and CM Masterton especially I found). Getting a parent club only seems to help once you hit League 2, as decent loanees don't want to join a non-league team.

I'm currently working on version 15.0.2, which will see the full pyramid included. It is pretty complicated though, will probably take me at least another week! Basically, it will see the East of Scotland (Prem & 1st) and South of Scotland (Prem) added below the Lowland League with promotion/relegation etc - it will involve the creation of a few new teams and a huge amount of cup competitions though!

Quite fancy this,looks good.Would love to manage my local team Larkhall Thistle.Would they be included in this set-up?

Quite fancy this,looks good.Would love to manage my local team Larkhall Thistle.Would they be included in this set-up?

Larkhall play in the SJFA Central Division One, so they'll find their way into the third version of this database. The second one (likely up by Thursday) will just include all teams in the pyramid setup currently, then I'll move on to the junior leagues.

I will definitely play this. Will you be adding leagues below the Highland league? A few created teams from the Islands would be welcome, like a great file for FM14 where I managed AFC Jura!

I will definitely play this. Will you be adding leagues below the Highland league? A few created teams from the Islands would be welcome, like a great file for FM14 where I managed AFC Jura!

I'll add in the North Caledonian League alongside the juniors - the word is that there may be promotion/relegation between this league and the Highland League in future, but not at this time. The likes of Orkney FC take part in this (which would be a challenge no doubt!)

When I get version 3 on the go, I'll probably release one file true to real life, and one with an expanded pyramid allowing all clubs to move up the ladder.

I'll add in the North Caledonian League alongside the juniors - the word is that there may be promotion/relegation between this league and the Highland League in future, but not at this time. The likes of Orkney FC take part in this (which would be a challenge no doubt!)

When I get version 3 on the go, I'll probably release one file true to real life, and one with an expanded pyramid allowing all clubs to move up the ladder.

Marvellous - Ii'll wait for your expanded file. I haven't even got my FM15 yet, being exiled in Asia.

As a matter of interest, with FM15 does loading up 2 or more fan-made leagues work? In FM14 and before I could never load up a LL English and LL Scottish file, but I'd love to run both.

Larkhall play in the SJFA Central Division One, so they'll find their way into the third version of this database. The second one (likely up by Thursday) will just include all teams in the pyramid setup currently, then I'll move on to the junior leagues.

Is there a rough ETA for the third version of the update Morrisey? Great work by the way..

Version 15.0.2 BETA - The Scottish Pyramid

by Morrissey

Delighted to make a beta test file for this expansion available - I'd be grateful if people could test it out, and provide any feedback on errors or issues. I had to start afresh on this, which may be a blessing in disguise as it will allow me to add more data for all the teams involved in the pyramid setup. This beta is simply the structure, so does not include things like awards, prize money or real managers/chairmen as yet.

I will also have to change some details in the logopack when this is released for real, don't worry if a few logos either don't show or appear in the wrong places!

The leagues and cups are as close to the real thing as you'll get. Dates mirror the real life set-ups, and (hopefully) the system should keep itself as regional as possible.

Direct Download Link

You'll make all cups in junior football ?

As many as I can possibly add, yeah! Plenty of research ahead it seems.

Marvellous - Ii'll wait for your expanded file. I haven't even got my FM15 yet, being exiled in Asia.

As a matter of interest, with FM15 does loading up 2 or more fan-made leagues work? In FM14 and before I could never load up a LL English and LL Scottish file, but I'd love to run both.

Generally yes, it should work. Depends on what has been edited in each file (I only changed items in Scotland, so shouldn't be any issues).

Is there a rough ETA for the third version of the update Morrisey? Great work by the way..

The third version will hopefully be done by Christmas, possibly sooner. I'll take a break after this to enjoy playing the game again, then dive back in.

Version 15.0.2 BETA - The Scottish Pyramid

by Morrissey

Delighted to make a beta test file for this expansion available - I'd be grateful if people could test it out, and provide any feedback on errors or issues. I had to start afresh on this, which may be a blessing in disguise as it will allow me to add more data for all the teams involved in the pyramid setup. This beta is simply the structure, so does not include things like awards, prize money or real managers/chairmen as yet.

I will also have to change some details in the logopack when this is released for real, don't worry if a few logos either don't show or appear in the wrong places!

The leagues and cups are as close to the real thing as you'll get. Dates mirror the real life set-ups, and (hopefully) the system should keep itself as regional as possible.

Direct Download Link

As many as I can possibly add, yeah! Plenty of research ahead it seems.

Generally yes, it should work. Depends on what has been edited in each file (I only changed items in Scotland, so shouldn't be any issues).

The third version will hopefully be done by Christmas, possibly sooner. I'll take a break after this to enjoy playing the game again, then dive back in.

Cheers for that Morrisey,looks a great file from what i can see,although for now im going to resist the temptation and i'll wait until chrimbo for it so i can go my beloved Larky Thistle.

Cheers mate :thup:

Awesome, and i'd just created a bristish cup into the last one as well... :)

time to make it again... lol.

Probably best to wait until I've added the detail to this one mate! If all goes well with the testing, I'll finalise the second version this weekend. ;)

Probably best to wait until I've added the detail to this one mate! If all goes well with the testing, I'll finalise the second version this weekend. ;)

Haha fair enough. Ive built my skin, fixed my lvl 26 brasil game, just awaiting this and usa and i can play the game.... :p

UPDATE: Looks like I'll be able to release the full version of the entire pyramid tonight/tomorrow - testing hasn't thrown up any major issues! The only problem I had was that the wrong team would sometimes go forward to the League 2 Relegation Playoff, which I've managed to fix.

Working on adding awards, accurate prize money totals and updating the logopack, and then we'll be good to go. :)

The junior leagues will follow, but I'll be taking a couple of weeks off the editor to play this database...

UPDATE: Noticed that the SFL Playoff (winner of Highland & Lowland vs bottom of League 2) wasn't working, so fixed and changed the link. Will work now, and hopefully there'll be no other issues!
What version ??

Version 2 completed! Download info added to the initial post!

Hope you enjoy this file - it's very nearly been the death of me! Haha. :lol:

Thanks for that. Why isn't the North of Scotland Cup and Aberdeenshire Cup in ??

Aberdeenshire Cup & Shield are in the new version buddy. Will add in the North of Scotland cup with version 3, as it will likely include the North Caledonian League.

I've downloaded the database+logopack, unzipped it and copied it into the editor files but it doesn't seem to go below league 2. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

If your computer is anything like mine, FM15 has created multiple folders and folders-within-folders. I have about 4 editor data folders altogether. It's trial-and-error putting the file in the right one. It's so small you should just copy it into every editor data folder (make sure you find them all - the key one for me is hiding in a 'games' folder.

I've downloaded the database+logopack, unzipped it and copied it into the editor files but it doesn't seem to go below league 2. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Try these steps:

1) Go to "My Documents". Check if there are 2 separate "Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015" folders. If there are, you want to place the folder in the one that is linked to your personal account, not the shared documents folder.

2) Open the game, go to Preferences > Interface and click "Reload Skin on Confirm". Then, click "Clear Cache", and finally click "Confirm" at the bottom.

After these, you should be sorted (hopefully)!

Have you managed to get relegated teams from the SPFL2 in to their correct regional division?

I have, yeah. Boundary set at Dundee, as in real life they use the River Tay. Obviously a highland team can go up while a lower team goes down, but in this case the nearest side to the north is moved to the Highland League.

Great work in perspective congratulations.

My next game.... Whitehills... OR A TEAM IN NORTH CALEDONIAN :)

But Full SJFA with all cups ? For North Caledonian so ?

That's the plan! I'll add in any cups that I can find adequate info for (and that work with the editor).

Got a quick update regarding the next installment of this database: I'm making 2 alternative versions. One will be the pyramid as it is currently, adding the SJFA and North Caledonian Leagues below with no promotion/relegation between the levels; the other will follow the SFA's long term blueprint as originally concieved (with promotion/relegation between all levels).

Have a look at the image below for an idea of what's coming (hopefully) this weekend!

Plan.jpg

This file has issues mate. Some mates i know have had major let downs at playoffs with Gretna 2008! It didnt recognized their team! :(

You're the second person to tell me of issues in the last day or two. :(

I *might* have found a solution, after hours of battering the editor to pieces! I swear it's more difficult than last year's version...I'll have a "beta" test file up either tonight or tomorrow, and would appreciate it if folk could give it a go. It'll include the North Caledonian League as well incidentally.

EDIT: Here's the link to the test version (inc North Caledonian + 4 added cups). Hopefully we're all systems go! It would be much appreciated if you could test this one and let me know what happens.

You're the second person to tell me of issues in the last day or two. :(

I *might* have found a solution, after hours of battering the editor to pieces! I swear it's more difficult than last year's version...I'll have a "beta" test file up either tonight or tomorrow, and would appreciate it if folk could give it a go. It'll include the North Caledonian League as well incidentally.

EDIT: Here's the link to the test version (inc North Caledonian + 1 of 4 cups). Hopefully we're all systems go! It would be much appreciated if you could test this one and let me know what happens.

I thank you for the hard work. I have never been very capable of messing in editor. I would like very much to try Scotland leagues, but to have a save "stopped" is trully frustrating, so i havent yet...

Regarding the issues with playoffs, can it be that the game has a default rule you forgot to "delete"? And its overlapping your file?

I thank you for the hard work. I have never been very capable of messing in editor. I would like very much to try Scotland leagues, but to have a save "stopped" is trully frustrating, so i havent yet...

Regarding the issues with playoffs, can it be that the game has a default rule you forgot to "delete"? And its overlapping your file?

It looks like you may have been right!

For some reason, my created file had 2 separate sets of advanced rules for the Highland & Lowland Leagues - it looks like the first set are included as standard, and may have interfered/overlapped with my additions...I've updated the previous download link, and in the OP, to test this out and we're (hopefully) fixed!

This test file also includes the North Caledonian League and all it's related cups (which include potential future league members Shetland and Lewis & Harris).

It looks like you may have been right!

For some reason, my created file had 2 separate sets of advanced rules for the Highland & Lowland Leagues - it looks like the first set are included as standard, and may have interfered/overlapped with my additions...I've updated the previous download link, and in the OP, to test this out and we're (hopefully) fixed!

This test file also includes the North Caledonian League and all it's related cups (which include potential future league members Shetland and Lewis & Harris).

Which of the three files was the problem occurring with Morrissey? And which of the files in the OP have you updated? Cheers.

Archived