[FM15] You Don't Know What You're Doing

Mike7077

ShinnikBadge_zps0677e645.jpg

FC Shinnik Yaroslavl

Season 2015/2016

NOVEMBER

This Month's Fixtures

Fixtures_zpso8xo0xff.jpg

The form we're in suggests we probably won't get much joy out of November, either. The game against Kuban Krasnodar could not be more crucial - a real relegation six-pointer. The exact same can be said of the clash with Torpedo Moscow. Anything we get against CSKA and Spartak is going to be a bonus.

This Month's Results

Sunday November 8th, 2015

Russian Premier League

Shinnik Stadium, Yaroslavl

Shinnik Yaroslavl 0-2 Kuban Krasnodar

I hate to get overly despondent, but this shows why I feel increasingly like we might be doomed. The squad just isn't good enough. We've been played off the park on our own patch by a side that have been bottom of the league for most of the season. I real sense of doom and gloom after this one. We just never got going and didn't deserve to get anything from the match.

Att: 10,230

MotM: Vladislav Ignatjev (Kuban Krasnodar) - 8.4

Tuesday November 10th, 2015

Russian Premier League

CSKA Peschanoe, Moscow

CSKA Moscow 2-1 Shinnik Yaroslavl

The difference in performance level from the Kuban game was incredible. But in the end, we're still caught out by the same old problems - we can't defend and can't hold out. For the first 45 minutes, we dominated the league leaders and deserved to go in a goal up. But you just knew we couldn't stop them scoring for 90 minutes and so it proved. As the pressure mounted, I knew we'd cave, and so it proved. I can't be too harsh because we've done well here, but when you get in front, and when you're so close to at least a point, you have to take it. We're slipping into deep trouble.

Att: 11,617

MotM: Mikhail Bakaev (Shinnik Yaroslavl) - 8.3

Friday November 20th, 2015

Russian Premier League

Shinnik Yaroslavl 0-0 Torpedo Moscow

I really thought this game might be the one that got us going again. Surely, at home to a Torpedo side in freefall, we'd somehow pick up three points. Truth be told, this is an illustration of where we are - right down there with the very worst sides in the division. Perhaps I'm being too harsh. We're a tiny club at this level so it was always going to be tough, but I thought we'd make a better fist of it than this. The goalless draw was a fair result from a really poor game of football.

Att: 9,190

MotM: Ivan Franjic (Torpedo Moscow) - 7.2

Saturday November 28th, 2015

Russian Premier League

Otkritie Arena, Moscow

Spartak Moscow 1-0 Shinnik Yaroslavl

Another really plucky performance against one of the big boys, but it wasn't enough. I wish we could play like this against the sides we really need to beat. Our season would be looking quite a lot different if we could. Don't get me wrong, we faced plenty of pressure and someone finally missed a penalty against us, but we defended as doggedly as I've seen us do all season and had our chances. We're just not clinical enough. We don't have the quality to make the most out of our periods on top in games. Spartak know they were in a game today, but we need points fast now.

Att: 11,630

MotM: Alexey Kontsedalov (Shinnik Yaroslavl) - 7.9

November Standings

Standings_zpscsm2iub7.jpg

I don't know what to say. I knew it would be tough, but this is demoralising. We not putting up a strong enough fight. It's the squad - it just isn't good enough. Thank god for Barry Bannan because we'd be well adrift by now without him. I wish I had more players like him, but the resources just aren't there. We can't live with most of the sides in this league and you can see where we're heading...

FC Shinnik Yaroslavl

Season 2015/2016

DECEMBER

This Month's Fixtures

Fixtures_zpsftgbjoxi.jpg

Just the one fixture before the long winter break starts, and it would be nice to pick up a win against a Rubin side having a woeful season and really up against it. I'm not holding out much hope, though!

This Month's Results

Saturday December 5th, 2015

Russian Premier League

Shinnik Yaroslavl 2-3 Rubin Kazan

Unbelievable. The most disheartening of all our defeats. Leading 1-0 and cruising, to being 2-1 down on 88 minutes. Then, we at least appear to have salvaged a point with a 90th minute equaliser, but no, our inept defence proceeded to make sure we throw it all away. That's it. I can't do this job. I'm not the man for this club.

Att: 11,159

MotM: Mubarak Wakaso (Rubin Kazan) - 9.0

December Standings

Standings_zpsjp4fuc5r.jpg

I give up. I can't keep this club up. I could stick around and maybe try and get us promoted again, but what's the point? The resources just aren't there to build anything. There's no point yo-yoing between the two divisions, which is the best I can hope for. And even then, I don't know if I could get this lot promoted again. So...

Resignation_zpsflwj73se.jpg

Yep, I'm outta there. It's too hard, but I hope the new man they bring in can turn things round. I doubt he will.

Shinnik Yaroslavl

Shinnik announce departure of manager Kobylko

"It is with regret that Shinnik Yaroslavl must announce that manager Michael Kobylko has resigned his post and leaves Shinnik Stadium. The board of Shinnik is extremely disappointed to be losing a coach they hold in high regard, but we accept Mr. Kobylko's decision. The transition to the Premier League has proven a tough one, but the board felt Mr. Kobylko was performing well in the circumstances. The club wishes to place on record its thanks to Mr. Kobylko for his hard work during his time here. All those who love Shinnik will remember fondly how he came in and helped guide the club into the top flight. The board of Shinnik will announce a replacement in due course. In the meantime, we call on all supporters to get behind their team and do all they can over the remaining months of the season to ensure a strong finish."

Michael Kobylko's official statement

"The last eighteen months living and managing in Russia have been a revelation for me. It has been a challenge like none I have faced in my career. I will always remain proud of the promotion we achieved at Shinnik, and equally as proud of the effort my players put in in the top flight. I leave the club bottom of the league, but with a good chance of staying up. Some might question my decision to walk away at this stage, but in my heart, I know it is the right thing to do. There are a number of reasons why I feel I am no longer the right man for the job, but it all comes down to the fact that something needed to change. Results were not going our way, and there is no reason why Shinnik Yaroslavl should just slip meekly out of the division. The players need a manager better attuned to the rigours of Russian football, a coach with a better grasp of the language and somebody who knows the game in this country better than I do. It is hard for me to admit this, but it is important to do so. I want to thank Shinnik Yaroslavl for appointing an inexperienced manager like myself and giving me a chance, and for being supportive during these trying few months. I also must thank the supporters who never turned on me and always gave us phenomenal support. I know how rare such patience can be in Russian football. Ultimately, I feel I have unfinished business in this country, so maybe one day we will meet again. I wish everybody connected with Shinnik Yaroslavl all the best."

And with that, he was gone...

what was your maager profile setup lie what badges and stuff?

I don't remember exactly what I gave myself. If anyone knows where I can look, let me know. I definitely have some badges. National reputation, former professional. That much, I do remember.

You were still very close to the playoffs.

I know. I wasn't under that much pressure. But that tells you something. It's a small club for the top flight and I couldn't see me turning it round. Maybe I would have. I'll never know. But I doubt I could have kept them up. And then I'd have been back where I started. That's fine, but I actually don't know if I could have got them promoted again.

Sheff%20Utd%20Emblem_zpsp3jvm1p5.jpg

Sheffield United FC (England/League One)

Would you Adam and Eve it?

It would seem that my reputation is still intact. There were plenty of jobs going - some struggling teams looking for a new direction, others better off but still in need of a new man at the helm. I applied for plenty and ended up talking to two clubs. Championship club Blackburn Rovers, lying 17th at the time of the interview, were the most attractive. That was until I looked at their finances. They are up poop creek without hands, let alone a paddle. I wasn't going to wade into that mess.

Which means I am the new manager of Sheffield United. This is a great opportunity. A big club in need of a bit of direction and a fresh start, I take on the challenge of getting the Blades back to where they would feel they deserve to be. I'm really looking forward to getting started after losing heart at Shinnik.

Information

Sheffield United shouldn't need too much introduction. They're a big club in League One and desperate to get out of it. Financially, they are in a decent position under a moderately wealthy owner. I don't expect vast transfer budgets or anything like that, but they're not about to go out of business.

Location_zpsb160e0qi.jpg

Location2_zpslxspk6if.jpg

Bramall%20Lane_zpsekbdqnux.jpg

Current League Table

Current%20Standings_zpsbr2y4c0a.jpg

I can't seem to squeeze the whole of League One onto the screen at once, so I may as well just post the part of the table that's relevant to the club.

Ambitions

- Short term: The club is fourth in the league. To make the play-offs is the absolute minimum requirement for the season. I'd like to be celebrating promotion, though.

- Medium term: To get an even footing in the Championship and start challenging for promotion.

- Long term: I don't like to think too long term. I'm on my third club already. But if I were to stay for a while, I'd like to get into the Premier League and then stay there. That would be something.

Sheff%20Utd%20Emblem_zpsp3jvm1p5.jpg

Sheffield United FC

Season 2015/2016

DECEMBER

This Month's Fixtures

Fixtures_zpsszi7228i.jpg

Three games left in December, and they're all perfectly winnable. Doncaster and Portsmouth are in the bottom half and struggling. Colchester are having a good season and are in good form just outside the play-offs, but I hope we'll have too much for them.

This Month's Results

Saturday December 19th, 2015

League One

The Weston Homes Community Stadium, Colchester

Colchester United 4-3 Sheffield United

My teams never win away. A dreadful start. It looks like I've brought the problems I had at Shinnik with me. We were woeful at the back. Wild tackles, a penalty conceded, a man sent off - it just all went wrong. My teams have always looked like they can score, but I obviously need to focus on defence because I cannot bring my problems from elsewhere with me wherever I go. Colchester are doing really well and played well, but we shouldn't have collapsed the way we did.

Att: 4,025

MotM: Ryan Flynn (Sheffield United) - 9.2

Saturday December 26th, 2015

League One

Bramall Lane, Sheffield

Sheffield United 1-0 Doncaster Rovers

Unbelievable that it took a penalty to beat them. Their keeper was in inspired form. For 90 minutes, we battered away at the Donny goal, but it just wouldn't go in. And so we had to settle for a narrow win. We could honestly have won this about 5-0 or 6-0. No side of mine has ever put in a more dominant performance. And yet it looks like we scraped it.

Att: 19,919

MotM: Bob Harris (Sheffield United) - 7.2

As if to demonstrate just how much we battered Doncaster, I give you the below...

Sheff%20Utd%20v%20Doncaster%20stats_zpsc6cuawrv.jpg

Monday December 28th, 2015

League One

Fratton Park, Portsmouth

Portsmouth 1-1 Sheffield United

Another game where I felt our good play wasn't rewarded. Portsmouth clung on at 1-0 down and took advantage in the 63rd minute by equalising. From then on, I guess either side could have won it, but we should have been out of sight by the time they scored. I have to wonder where our killer instinct is. I have a good squad at my disposal and the players generally look comfortable on the ball, but it's not translating into the kind of wins I want. We need to improve in front of goal, and I didn't think that would be the problem after the Colchester game.

Att: 12,740

MotM: James Dunne (Portsmouth) - 8.1

Current Standings

Table_zpsolkdcsop.jpg

An average month since I took over. If anything, I've interrupted the team's good form, which is a shame. We've slipped a couple of places, but we're still well in touch with the promotion spots, and I've a couple of very interesting new signings on the way in January. Watch this space...

Third club and only in the 2nd season! I thought I moved around a lot this time. ;)

The first move came about because I did well and then a better job came along. The second was just me throwing in the towel effectively. I do prefer to settle somewhere. Hopefully that'll be here.

Sheffield... a little more familiar. :D

I've been to Sheffield the same amount of times as I've been to Nizhniy Novgorod and Yaroslavl... Zero. So, they're all equally as (un)familiar to me. :D

The first move came about because I did well and then a better job came along. The second was just me throwing in the towel effectively. I do prefer to settle somewhere. Hopefully that'll be here.

I've been to Sheffield the same amount of times as I've been to Nizhniy Novgorod and Yaroslavl... Zero. So, they're all equally as (un)familiar to me. :D

My house is very close (c. 100 yards) to being on the map you posted earlier.

I'm sure you're very interested to know that.

Archived