FMT Wishlist Thread

Prioritize scouting jobs.

I want to be able to assign a "high priority scouting job". When scouting lots of players and you find one which is extremely interesting, you'll get the report after the other ones are done, or you cancel the others.

Sometimes you don't have the time to wait a few days for the report, so a high priority scouting job would come first.

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in the feature request section but feel it might have been more appropriate in here so:

I’m aware that the funademental point of touch is to offer a streamlined version of the game, however there are a few things I would love to have that in my opinion, don’t necessarily bloat the game.

Shouts during the match to effect player morale/body language

tactical familiarity to add a bit of realism

an increased limit to nations on more powerful hardware (referring to tablets of course) or more flexibility, e.g instead of 3 nations with more than one league, the option to choose the top league only in 6 nations.

I guess ultimately I’m looking for a league restriction as opposed to nation restriction, so that I can pick and choose what suits me. What I’m after ultimately is being able to do a save with England/Italy/Spain/France/Germany on an IPad lol.

For me personally the biggest time wasters and annoyances in the full game are the press conferences, player interactions and large number of staff. Touch is nearly perfect for me but I just miss a bit of realism that the above features would give me.

Thanks

edit: one other thing that has come to mind is being able to select opposition instructions in the tactics screen that “stick” as opposed to having to set them specifically before a match each time.

Edited by OCD

• Administrators

Tactical Familiarity was one in FMT originally, but we removed it to streamline the gameplay more and make it faster to get through seasons without needing to worry about it. 

I've mentioned on the forum here before that league/nation limits are something we continually monitor but its not as simple as a league restriction as in some cases this can be much worse than just three nations due to the amount of competitions and teams that then become active.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see more coaches to be recruited to your staff in the game. Ideally, I like to have an Assistant, Attacking Coach, Defensive Coach, GK Coach, Fitness Coach etc.

Don't need to go overboard, maybe limit coaches to 5, but we certainly need to have more than just your assistant on the coaching staff to add some realism. Same goes for a few additional scouts and physios.

• Administrators
On 4/30/2018 at 21:08, McClane29 said:

I'd like to see more coaches to be recruited to your staff in the game. Ideally, I like to have an Assistant, Attacking Coach, Defensive Coach, GK Coach, Fitness Coach etc.

Don't need to go overboard, maybe limit coaches to 5, but we certainly need to have more than just your assistant on the coaching staff to add some realism. Same goes for a few additional scouts and physios.

These extra roles are already simulated in FMT.

Suggestions for FMT on iPad/Tablet:

• More nations/leagues - Ideally up to 5 at least to be selected at the start of a new game.
  • Longer career - Extend the 30 year limit to 40+ years or unlimited to be even better.
  • U18 Squads - Especially ideal for longer term saves to develop real-life youngsters.

With tablet computers becoming more powerful, the tablet version of the game should not be restricted as much as it currently is. Obviously features and data is missing to streamline the game, but additional players, staff and leagues and your disposal will only enhance the enjoyment and realism of the game. 

• 3 weeks later...

Fix the in-match graphics please, like it was in FMT 17... In FMT 18 the graphics is pixelated, screen constantly blinkers, I really regret that I uninstalled FMT 17 and moved to FMT 18. If FMT 19 will have the same poor graphics, I will not buy it.

• 5 weeks later...

Please let us add some more leagues. On ohones we can add 4 and on tablets just 3. Please increase that to 5.

And please include coach staff. We only have assistant manager.

Even if you cant do anything please release better version for ipad pros. They are better than most of the pc’s. 

• 2 weeks later...
I would like the option of using a custom database to play a fantasy league in the style of a world league, with teams from Europe, South America, North America, Africa and Asia ... I think this would be possible with the inclusion of the Editor.

1) Editor!! (could be as an extra purchase)

2) Improve automatic kit selection or let users "help it". Eg. when England (normally white-navy-white) plays Italy (blue-white-blue) then kits should be altered to all white vs all blue like usually is in real life, as teams often change only shorts or socks these days. Letting user decide could be an additional option in preferences, so if someone's not bothered they'd keep it unticked.

3) Improvements to International Management.

Edited by right_winger

Pre-game editor.

Pre-game editor.

Pre-game editor.

Pre-game editor.

Pre-game editor.

Pre-game editor.

Pre-game editor.

Pre-game editor.

Pre-game editor.

Pre-game editor.

Pre-game editor.

Remove Nations limit/Change to Leagues limit

Unlimited career.

Control tutoring.

Basically every single FM Touch suggestion is for an editor. Just let us have one already.

Edited by KnightedManager

On 17/07/2018 at 20:51, right_winger said:

1) Editor!! (could be as an extra purchase)

2) Improve automatic kit selection or let users "help it". Eg. when England (normally white-navy-white) plays Italy (blue-white-blue) then kits should be altered to all white vs all blue like usually is in real life, as teams often change only shorts or socks these days. Letting user decide could be an additional option in preferences, so if someone's not bothered they'd keep it unticked.

3) Improvements to International Management.

Forgot to add 3b) = the request for an easy fix for unlicensed nations which applies to both Full and Touch versions

and 4) sort out squad numbering. Normally every player can get his number as soon as he joins the club but still in some friendlies teams play numbered 1-11 which makes harder to see who is where off the ball on the pitch once you get used to the numbers you gave your players. Also, would be good option for national teams to have fixed player numbers which could be changed after each call-up if someone wanted to.

Edited by right_winger

• 3 weeks later...

Let me begin by saying I think this is easily the gold standard in regards to sports sims and play each version a ton. I enjoyed 18,  especially the more streamlined touch version. Here are some things that I would like to see improved in Touch (but, again, there is a lot that I like already with the game):

1. Press interaction. At this point, anytime the press gushes about one of my guys playing well - all I have to do is choose the second option (something like "I think the attention will help him do better") and he always likes it/morale goes up. I'd like a little more variability there. Maybe certain guys would rather you downplay it because they don't like the added pressure. If it's a guy with a rotation/backup role, maybe that spurns his agent to send an email asking for more money/better role. Another option might be to have this increase interest from other clubs if he's a starter. Just break up the monotony a bit with this aspect.

2. Scouting. I think FM has just really tried to out-think itself with this aspect. The goal of this feature (esp on touch) should be to help you find targeted players in a streamlined manner. I use a tactic that puts a lot of pressure on my AMR and AML to be productive. If they aren't, I end up often have 25-30 shots and only 1-2 goals. So, it would be great if I could tell my scout to look for an AMR that is 4 stars or better at the "Inside Forward" role and costs less than $60 million (for example). Then, I could check out each player and see if any are worth pursuing. As it stands now, I have to do these extensive player searches that rarely pan out. I'll ask the scout to find me 3+ star AMR players, but their ability at inside forward will be 2 stars (while they will be a 4-star winger). I can individually scout players, see their ability at the AMR inside role from my scout and then decide whether or not to pursue them by manually doing searches, scouting and so forth. Make this process easier for me. I know scouts aren't always 100%, but I'm fine with some error there. I just want to use them for the busywork of finding guys and let me make the final decisions on who will fit the team best. Setting up a scout assignment for targeted roles at a certain ability, cost and even transfer status (ie, listed or avail for loan) would really help here.

The goal of scouting (esp at the higher levels) should be to have 2-3 scouts out looking for replacements for older/lesser starters, 1-2 for guys who may be too expensive/poached and then 1-2 for younger players to develop. Having a system where you could have 6 scouts each giving you a legit list of guys for each area would significantly increase the fun of scouting. There's no guarantee these guys would pan out - but having a more targeted pool to start with would really help the immersion.

3. Better agent/team interaction. It would be cool if you were pretty weak at right back and the agent of a disgruntled right back would email you encouraging you to check out his client. Same goes for guys nearing the end of their contract. Next, for loans, I'm always sending out offers for my younger/backup players to other teams at a certain loan rate (ie, 0% for younger/cheap guys, 50% for more expensive and even 100% plus a fee for the top guys). When you are a lower level team, you should get pretty frequent emails in the preseason/offseason from bigger clubs looking to aggressively loan out there guys. Instead, I have to do massive searches, find 4-5 guys and then have 3 tell me that my team isn't good enough for their player. A better process would be for a team in the Championship (or even Premier League) to send me a list of guys they want loaned out to my level (say League 2). Then, I could shortlist and scout the ones of interest and streamline the loan process. Plus, it benefits the higher teams as they get a better chance of finding a good fit for their talented players. Basically, I would like the AI to mimic how I run a higher level team and aggressively try to loan out their prospects to the lower league managers.

4. Better loan interaction once you have a player. I like to take a 3rd keeper on loan at lower levels as an injury hedge. But, if I don't play that guy very much, that should impact that team's willingness to do future loans. I would also like the ability to send out "loan ultimatums" to lower level teams. IE, if I loan a guy to a league 2 team to be a starter or key player - but he's only playing a couple games a month - I would like the ability to say "play him more or I am recalling him". I think the same should occur for me. I think there is something like this now - but it's more like "Player X has asked to play more or be sent back" and it's pretty rare without much consequence.

To me, the big opportunity with FM is in the touch version. If they can streamline scouting and make more targeted feedback/emails/press to spurn on tough decisions, the game would really offer a great experience for more casual players. 

Edited by Arlie Rahn

Editor... It's the most important feature that the game lacks and must remain at the top of the Wishlist.

The possibility of adding tournaments is essential to the game's appeal. Without it, the game turns dull very quickly.

At least give us the option to edit and add tournaments to the game. 

Thanks!

The things I want added to football manager touch in the future 

Boards that interfere more 

FFP as right now isn't even realistic enough and far to easy on touch. 

Under 21s international management 

Ask board to take over the transfers 

The director of football to be tweaked so it don't offer a 18 year old an 200k a week wage contract when if you do it yourself  you can get him for say £35k a week. 

A button to press to put assistant into control of all friendlies 

Ask board to set up a link with a club of your choice. 

Disable first transfer window 

Edited by zakbrown96

*45 minutes option in international friendlies* (a simple tick box would be nice)

I've meticulously managed my team's condition for eight rain soaked months, using rotation to steer a path between fitness, injury risk, and enough game time to keep the club's whining bitches quiet. End of March international break, 31 players, two international friendlies each = decimated squad.

Speaking of rain, has anyone from SI spent any significant time north of Watford in the last 30 years? I checked the last 3 months of my Liverpool save - Sat, 2/12/17 to Wed 14/3/18:

~23 Matches total.

~19 Matches with precipitation. (including sleet in Madrid)

~4 dry matches, all away, Juventus, Watford? and... two in Manchester!!!

~ALL 13 home matches had precipitation, absolute *******s. You'd be pushing it to see precipitation at half those matches, especially the way things have been going over the last few decades. Here's a little something to help those responsible for this aspect of the game Weatherspark

My next match - Sun 18/3/18 Home > Drizzle <

Seriously though, it needs looking at.

xxx

Great game. I've playing 558 hours of this version and unlocked 47% of the achievements. Minor comments:

1. I control-click all my players to see their names. I spend a fair amount of time doing this. It would be nice to have a better interface. Ideally, just an option under preferences to have all player names on. If not, perhaps not remove all the names if i slightly miss one player. If I'm control-clicking, and I don't hit a player, it is unlikely I am trying to clear all player names. 

2. The camera options seem a bit more limited in Touch. The low behind the goal view for replaying goals is awesome in the full game. I cannot seem to find this option in touch.

3. I'd like to check with the linesman just after a goal to see if it is off sides, preferably without having to change the field view. 

4. One of the joys of FM is the long saves, sometimes at the same club. It would be nice to rotate the away jerseys a bit, perhaps just to older versions already in older versions of the game. 

5. I really like having a small staff. This is one of the reasons I am playing FM Touch this version. The only real regret I have is being unable to find a job as a player/coach or something for a long serving player to develop his coaching attributes. Then develop him into an assistant manager. 

6. Can we have the option for reserves managers to create friendlies when no game is regularly scheduled? I played in Mexico and my "premier" team was not in a league, so I created one friendly per week for them to play. Also, the absolute priority for these is to not conflict with the main team's games.

7. Totally minor "bug". While managing Flamenco and Brasil, I was offered to manager the Brasil U-23 for the Olympics. I accepted, but was not granted, the ability to control the Olympic team. Not sure if this was just due to me already controlling a club and nation (two sides). 

8. Regen player "areas". If you look at virtually all experienced players, they play many positions. My regens seem to play very few. I suggest that virtually all of them get at least a "cluster" of three somewhat familiar positions. We get so few regens in FM Touch, that some flexibility would really help.

How about a "Gym" Additional Focus in training, covering either all physical attributes, or just Quickness, Stamina and Strength combined. Would provide a way to act on the advice from a coach, eg "Lack of strength and fitness means he should be in the gym working on his overall athleticism".

Also a great help in slowing the decline of ageing players physical attributes.

• 2 weeks later...

Pre game editor is a must. I play touch on my laptop and i see no good reason i shouldn't be able to enjoy the excellent data bases out there that full fat users get. Please address this, this game would be near perfect with this addition for me.

Less "Organic" Tutoring.

My original wish was just to know that tutoring was taking place, now I'd like a simplified way of initiating tutoring myself (think FM10ish), OR more, "more organic" tutoring with a notice that tutoring is taking place.

There's not nearly enough tutoring for me. 15 months into a save and only 5 tutoring sessions done, involving only 3 youngsters and 3 tutors.

My Captain, Jordan Henderson (Professional, Determination 18) hasn't tutored anyone. Milner (VC) & Lallana (both Professional with 17 Determination) haven't tutored anyone. Is this working as intended? Only two Strikers and one GK tutored?

Playing FMT Switch.

1. When attacking corners, I want the option to hold back at least one guy more than the team defending is leaving on the half-way line. Meaning, if the opponent has 3 men on the half-way line, I want to hold back 4 men to mark them. Also, I have a bunch of guys set to "man mark" various opponents. If all opponents are man-marked, I want options. The left-over guy can: double someone, look for someone outside the area to man-mark, zonally mark an area, stand on a post, etc.

2. When defending corners, if I have a guy at the edge of the area, I want an option to have him look around and potentially man-mark any guy the opponent has at the edge of the area.

3. If a penalty is awarded, I would like the option to replay the infraction which lead to the penalty.

4. In FM Touch, we have one fully familiar tactic. I would like the possibility to generate a couple simple options around this we can switch to. An "attacking" tactic, a default tactic, and a "defending" (time wasting?) tactic, which perhaps can only be variations around the base tactic, but with which my team will be familiar.

5. Any games not controlled by me (such as reserve squad matches, instant results) I'd like the option to prioritize minimizing injuries. Sometimes I see guys recovering from injury, but not returned to training, played - I at least want the option to stop that, and not have to, say, manually move a guy from the reserves to the first team just to ensure he isn't called up to play in a reserve squad match before he's ready.

6. (Minor) I'd like to pan to the fans after a goal or big event. I'd like my players to run to my own fans, generally, instead of just to a corner of the field. 

7. I'd like to move resources (essentially a relatively small, descresional budget) between: extra medical staff, scouting and training. This may require a board request, or it may be the manager has a budget to do this, but the size of that budget is subject to club finanaces, and so when we get more money, I can request some extra descressional funds (let's say, so I can hire extra medical staff: my players are old, or extra traning since most of my players are young, or extra scouting since my players are not good enough).

All areas would exist, and generally be about the same size, but I'm talking about the last 10% of the staff budget.

• Administrators

7 hours ago, ggwood said:

4. In FM Touch, we have one fully familiar tactic. I would like the possibility to generate a couple simple options around this we can switch to. An "attacking" tactic, a default tactic, and a "defending" (time wasting?) tactic, which perhaps can only be variations around the base tactic, but with which my team will be familiar.

There’s no tactical familiarity so you can change your tactics at will and not be penalised. 

Just save what other tactics you want and you can switch between them through loading them in and out. 

You can set up match plans as well if you want certain tactics to come into effect in certain scenarios automatically and not worry about it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Excluding Editor stuff which I'm sure SI is well aware of the requests for it...

I'd love to be able to turn off first transfer window. Surely that shouldn't be hard to implement as it's already a tick box in the full game?

Some form of control over tutoring. It'd be amazing to have it automatically assigned but a drop down box of possible tutors allowing us to change it if we wanted (like how the assistant automatically controls training unless we take over). Put it on the Training Screen under Player Moves. It might be a little bit of work but it doesn't convolute the game at all and adds a lot to the youth development.

Maybe make the Medical Centre easier to find (I keep forgetting it), or some sort of information in the pre-match buildup about any players who are at very high injury risk?

It's already a pretty good game. With a few tweaks here and there (so many no-brainer media questions)  it could be even better. I'd also love to have youth teams instead of just the reserves, but I assume that was a deliberate design choice.

Il 1/7/2018 in 10:41 AM , pigfacemonkeyman ha scritto:

Add me to the list in favour of these:

1) Editor (It could be a separate application, with a fair price)

2) Full control in tutoring players

3) Change the nation limit to a division limit.

xxx

the editor is essential!

checking the fm touch folders, in my tablet, has inside all the folders of football manager, including "editor data" etc. it would be useful to use the same FM system to allow us to do the best thing, to customize fmtouch for tablets. I tried in every way, but in addition to the official db, nothing can be done. enable the ability to insert db edited by pc, it would already be the maximum.

• 3 weeks later...

FTM Site

Considering the 4 images that are available at this moment, it seems that the new tactic module will be also used in FMT, and it also seems that the 3 nation limit will still exist in the android/ios version.

A bit disappointed about the nation limit, because i was hoping for some changes in this area: 4 or 5 nation limit or the limit to be applied for the leagues and not the nations.

13 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

FTM Site

Considering the 4 images that are available at this moment, it seems that the new tactic module will be also used in FMT, and it also seems that the 3 nation limit will still exist in the android/ios version.

A bit disappointed about the nation limit, because i was hoping for some changes in this area: 4 or 5 nation limit or the limit to be applied for the leagues and not the nations.

Tactic familiarity seems to be a thing this year too

1 hour ago, marris09 said:

Tactic familiarity seems to be a thing this year too

That's nice.

I don't need many changes, FMT is pretty much what I want as it is. Just give us full competition rules, like include squad registrations and FFP and so on. Rather take the rest of the interactions out but stop messing with the rules! Or am I the only who cares about this?

Also an editor for the PC/mac version would be nice because such a vast database is bound to have typos in it every year and with SI never being in any hurry to correct those, we should at least have the chance to do it by ourselves.

And yeah the new tactic module looks nice and interesting, well done SI.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, tyro said:

As mentioned in some threads. Please consider, for future versions, a short video or a couple more than 4 screenshots of FMT to give us an idea of what features from FM will make it into FMT.

It will have already been considered, tbf. If there is something they want to push big for FMT, then they will.

7 hours ago, tyro said:

As mentioned in some threads. Please consider, for future versions, a short video or a couple more than 4 screenshots of FMT to give us an idea of what features from FM will make it into FMT.

Buying FMT is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get.

I'll be honest, i don't think the news will not be good.

I think if there were any kind of specific new features for FMT, SI would already make the anouncements. So i'm guessing the new features will be the ones that will be on the full fat version and can me acomodated in the touch version.

I was expecting that, at least, the control over the tutoring would be a new feature... but i'm starting to loose any hope.... 

On 10/11/2016 at 11:48, Keyzer Soze said:

Well,

Now that FMT17 is out, it's time to renew our vows (wishes):

1) Editor (It could be a separate application, with a fair price)

2) Full match option in the highlight mode (you could make this option only available in 2D classic view)

3) Full control in tutoring players

4) Change the nation limit to a division limit. 

At this moment you can play with with 12 divisions from 3 nations, if you choose for example England, Spain and Italy. You could limit the amount of divisions, let's say 8, but those 8 divisions could be from 8 different nations.

2 years gone by....

3 hours ago, grade said:

2 years????? Some are more then that on desktop and Ipad/Tablet versions.

If you notice, I wrote this when FmT17 came out, and I said “time to renew our vows”... so this is something that I had already asked for the FMT16 version :)

19 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

I was expecting that, at least, the control over the tutoring would be a new feature... but i'm starting to loose any hope.... 

Depends what you mean by full control over tutoring. As per my suggestion higher, I'm happy for it to be automatically assigned but give us the chance to change it so those of us who want to finesse it or work on a couple of specific promising youngsters can, while others can ignore it as they wish.

Edited by Cal585

3 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

@Cal585

I would like to choose who is the tutor and who will he be tutoring. 

A simple drop menu, in the player that we want to tutored, where we could choose the tutor. 

Simple stuff, without the talkings that we have in the full fat version. 

Would be perfect. Have it automatically assigned like training currently is, and give us the option to change things ourselves. It's not even adding something new to the game (as tutoring is already implemented), it's just giving us the ability to interact with it.