FMT Wishlist Thread

I'm very curious, did you compare fm 16 and 17? It's painful to play the game because of hanging at 17, and this game is still comedy not to get updated! Is it important to sell or provide a quality service? 17 is totally disappointing and I am sure there will be no change in 18 !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am not mistaken, Touch is geared more towards a quicker gameplay. Wouldn't it then be a good idea to add the staff responsability page to FMT, similar to the one in the full version? That way I can finally set my DoF to handle those pesky contract renewals that come back year after year after year and take a long time to click through.

Also, the possibility of a custom database would be really nice, so that I can load players from European top clubs and don't have to play all-gray teams in European competitions.

(Playing FM2016, don't know if FM2017 already has the things mentioned above)

• 2 weeks later...

What continues to stop me and others I know from buying this game is still the fact you can't download FM tactics to FMT. Please fix this issue and I will happily purchase the next one

5 hours ago, kowak said:

What continues to stop me and others I know from buying this game is still the fact you can't download FM tactics to FMT. Please fix this issue and I will happily purchase the next one

You can on PC.

• 3 weeks later...

My wish list for FM Touch 18 is addition of an in-game editor (for payment or otherwise) as I like my squad to have the right players in it before I commence a game.

Also the addition of more player pictures would be a massive addition to the game. I hate the silouttes and the computer created images.

Lastly to have more accurate models of stadia (especially at the lower levels of English football) would add to more realism within the 3D match.

Many thanks

I know some people dont want it but i want a few more player-manager-media interactions.  It wont hurt to have team talk before matches

Also can we have a way to discuss transfer offers with players? I never know if my player is going to get pissy just because I rejected a transfer for him

Imo, there should be two kind of editors for Touch. For PC, the editor should be like the fat FM as a PC can handle more stuff (like adding new players or new leagues). For tablets, their editor should just allow them to do simple stuff like transferring of players and edit the attributes.

On 08/08/2017 at 07:13, shirajzl said:

Don't add any more player/team/media interaction. In fact, what little there is in the game you can freely remove.

I wholeheartedly agree.

The player/team interaction being removed is what makes Touch so perfect.  Cramming more and more of the full fat non game related things into it will - for me anyway - make it a far worse product.

On 30/07/2017 at 02:33, Musestar said:

My wish list for FM Touch 18 is addition of an in-game editor (for payment or otherwise) as I like my squad to have the right players in it before I commence a game.

Also the addition of more player pictures would be a massive addition to the game. I hate the silouttes and the computer created images.

Lastly to have more accurate models of stadia (especially at the lower levels of English football) would add to more realism within the 3D match.

Everybody is different, and no opinion is better than others.  However, this is totally the opposite of what I want from FM Touch.

Player pictures, detailed grounds etc IMO are just huge added overload, and are nothing more than a bit of 'polish' that ultimately add not a great deal to the game.  In fact to me, they detract form the ability to play on a tablet.

I see a lot of requests here that to me, just do little to improve the actual core of the game (putting together your squad, focusing on the tactics, playing matches), and just add a huge overhead in regards to file size and performance of the game on a non PC.

My biggest wishes for FMT must be that the assistant can take care of scheduling pre season friendlies, and play them too. That way i dont need to find teams and play through the games or simulate.

it works in FM, it would easen my work load in FMT alot for us that plays 20 seasons+

it would also be cool if we managers had an agent?

The third wish must be job interviews in FMT too ;-). I like to talk to the boards etc share my vision 

I am still playing FMT16 on iPad 

But I've really got something i think pretty annoying and i am not sure if they are fixed in fmt17 (I think not really... )

scheduling  friendie

In order to keep match fit for some member in my first team, I always want my 2nd team to play match in every tuesday, but I have to do this by my hand one by one.....

It is possible to add an option like arrange friend every tuesday with a budget so my assistant will arrange for me?

Interface (The part annoying me most)

Match schedule - Want a view that it like a calendar (Right now everytime I press arrange friendie to view the calendar so it is more easy to read)

Search player interface - Please add a select all button. Actually I like to filter tens of player according to different criteria and then scout them all. The point is ticking them one by one is really a painful experience. it happens that when there is several left, i click the player name instead and then need to click them all from the beginning.

Bidding interface, when I make an offer, like I want to make an offer of 13M, the list only have 10M and 15M, and I need to press the +/- button a lot of times to get there!!!!!

When it i want to 4M, i may need to click the +/- even more times...!!!!!

I really hate this, why not just put a box there for me to enter the value? The drop box/list is not really that good ....for selecting specific number

Tactic interface

Easy to wrongly press a player while scrolling, the scrolling and selecting is not doing really well compared to other app, it is better you need to press longer to select a player 

And other interface, overall, there are still other interface that still looks like designed for desktop and mouse instead of touching and iPad screen size(like match or tactic selection and other)

The game call touch but I think it has long way to go , it is usable but quite far from user friendly UI.

Tactics

Finally, since there will be ios11 which will have some kind of file system, really really need a way to load other's tactics!!!!

Somehow people shared their tactics won't give out everything in the post apart from the download file, it is really heavily affect game experience without using the community shared tactics and shared the thought about them

On 14/03/2017 at 04:47, Lucas Weatherby said:

There already is player and team interactions, but these are reactive rather than proactive features. Players come to you when they have gone 'public' with an issue, and when your team is on a roll (undefeated, losses, or fate hangs in the balance on the final game), you get the option to have a "team meeting". It's intended to be a more lightweight, fun experience and not full blown, immersed experiences like it's bigger brother. What kinds of player and team interactions you feel FMT is missing, or what sorts of problems you are having, we'd appreciate hearing them.

One thing Classic and now Touch mode is designed for, is getting through seasons quickly. Introducing certain elements not only bring it closer to "full" FM, but also potentially take away the faster gameplay that Classic and Touch is made for.

Lucas, I'm really glad to hear this coming from someone at SI.

I have played CM/FM since the 93/94 version.  As time went on, the game became more of a chore, and less about the "core" parts of the game.  I drifted away for a while, probably only buying every 3rd or 4th version second-hand, at least a year after release.

Touch (I play on my iPad) IMO is a fantastic version of the game.  Of course there are compromises, but on the whole I think most things have been done really well.  (Except the end of season player history not including Cup competitions, that grinds my gears.... ;)  ).   

I would really hate to see the game just get closer and closer to the full fat version.  I think that being able to play through multiple seasons and 'build' the club up to what you want (bring through youth players, etc) to me was at the heart of what made the originals great.  On Full Fat, I'd struggle to get through than more than a season and a half...

• 2 weeks later...

Editor will probably never happen, but I'd like to see an option to have the budgets be turned off for the first transfer window. And I'm surprised you still can't see how the clubs performed in continental football the last five years individually (coefficients). All you can see is their total coefficient, but only if they participate in an European competition, and how the nation performed over the past five years coefficient-wise, but not clubs.

I have a small list:

• The ability to control player tutoring (just a drop-down, like for PPMs, rather than the conversation needed in FM)
  • The ability to start a game with fake players
  • 75% zoom! This was great on FMC15, but disappeared in FM16. I'm still using a laptop with 1366x768 resolution and it makes everything a little chunky on 85% zoom
  • The ability to retire squad numbers - if this still exists, please point it out because I've completely missed it! (I know this is very niche)
  • A few more staff roles - I miss being able to build a backroom team
  • No more interaction! It's fine as it is :thup:

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Just wondering if anyone has ever actually had a suggestion/wish implemented in the game?

Good point!

As i said in others ocasions, i feel that users that play only FMT (PC or Tablet) are very neglect by SI. Even the guys that play FMH have more feedback and support.

Since FMT15, i only play the touch version in a Ipad. It cost me around 20€.

I bought FMT16 without knowing anything about the new features of the game... the same happen with FMT17... and i'm starting to believe it will happen again for FMT18.

Things like the editor, the tutoring, the ability to choose more than 3 leagues, and so on, are mention every year, and every year we get disappointed.
Just compare FMT17 vs FMT16... apart from the updated database, it's hard to see any differences! :(

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Things like the editor, the tutoring, the ability to choose more than 3 leagues, and so on, are mention every year, and every year we get disappointed.
Just compare FMT17 vs FMT16... apart from the updated database, it's hard to see any differences! :(

Some things have been discussed and decided on and won't be in FMT.

Others are not currently possible to bring to FMT, but may be one day. Some suggestions in the wishlist threads in the past have come from here, others take time to be implemented (we can't do everything at once!).

What you have to remember is, FMT needs to be careful not to become overwhelming and have bloat, which is partly what it was trying to get away from in the pursuit of faster gameplay with the full FM match and database engine.

We won't be able to please everybody, unfortunately.

12 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Some things have been discussed and decided on and won't be in FMT.

Others are not currently possible to bring to FMT, but may be one day. Some suggestions in the wishlist threads in the past have come from here, others take time to be implemented (we can't do everything at once!).

What you have to remember is, FMT needs to be careful not to become overwhelming and have bloat, which is partly what it was trying to get away from in the pursuit of faster gameplay with the full FM match and database engine.

I can understand that. But to be honest I don't think the ideas that were mentioned would make FMT equal, or closer, to FM. 

But, what it's harder for me to understand, is the amount of information FMT player haver before release, when compare with FM and FMH players. 

I think there are many users that only play FMT, and they deserve to know more before buying  the game. 

For example, dynamics... Will they also be in FMT? If yes, how? Same way? Who knows... 

The same will probably happens to other features that will be announced in the coming weeks. 

Like I said before, last year I bought FMT17 knowing nothing about the new features of the game, only to find out that was equal to FMT17 with a new database. 

If I had know this, Im sure I would buy the game anyway, but, can help feeling a bit sad how things happen. 

Edited by Keyzer Soze

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

I can understand that. But to honest I don't think the ideas that were mentioned would make FMT equal, or closer, to FM. 

But, what it's harder for me to understand, is the amount of information FMT player haver before release, when compare with FM and FMH players. 

I think there are many users that only play FMT, and they deserve to know more before buying  the game. 

For example, dynamics... Will they also be in FMT? If yes, how? Same way? Who knows... 

The same will probably happens to other features that will be announced in the coming weeks. 

Like I said before, last year I bought FMT17 knowing nothing about the new features of the game, only to find out that was equal to FMT17 with a new database. 

If I know this, Im sure I would buy the game anyway, but, can help feeling a bit sad how things happens. 

Trust me, there are examples of features mentioned in this thread that want to bring FM features to FMT, when we've very clearly broke away from them (Team Talks being one example).

I've fed this information back to the team before now and I'll do so again where people feed this sort of stuff back on the forums. To be clear that includes feature suggestions and any feedback on FMT generally :thup:

I recognise some feel this way, though I think what some fail to grasp is that many of FM's feature set makes its way into FMT (all the match engine improvements for instance, transfers and tactics improvements) for example. In essence, we'd be saying many things twice over.

We have in the past done separate FM Touch videos (last year there was a short part of the half hour video dedicated to it), but very little is really new or unique to FM Touch for the reasons I mentioned above. 

Now I'm sure you'll appreciate I can't give away any information early, but when I can talk about these features/whats different/what wasn't added, then I can answer those questions here on the forum.

Cheers :)

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned but I would like the ability to add leagues to a challenge scenario, once it is complete.   I really like the challenges, especially the ability to continue with the team you've built but it is a bit limiting when you are limited to the league you set up, both in terms of career development and player numbers.

19 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

I completely understand, which is why I will not be purchasing FM any more unless there's an editor for the PC version of Touch. 

Producer-consumer interaction is beautifully uncomplicated, isn't it?

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, ifthenwouldi said:

Producer-consumer interaction is beautifully uncomplicated, isn't it?

It is, and your prerogative whether you buy or not once you see what's been announced for the game.

I love FMT17. I played several seasons on the full game and thought I'd try a save on FMT before the new game comes out and I'm really enjoying it. It's nice to not have the faff of interactions as they are so 1 dimensional. The only things I'd want to see are: 

Control over tutoring (as mentioned above, drop down option would be perfect.) 

Full youth intakes.

The choice to instigate team meetings yourself. Considering the effect these can have, it would be good to make them happen when I see a slump forming, rather than after we've lost 5 in a row. 

I'm interested to see which features of the new game make it onto Touch (or any!?). Either way, I think I'll give a save a go on the full game before I decide which format I'll play on long term. 

6 requests for FM18 Touch for me, mostly minor.....

- Import/download .tac files

- Easier number navigation when negotiating contracts. E.g. if a player is asking for 71k a week and I want to open with 56k I have to tap to the nearest random number and then tap + or - for what feels like and age till i get to the figure I want. Repeat this process each time they com with a counter offer and I often loose the will.

- Ability to select whole team or multiple players easier. This can be done by tapping tiny 'tick' on the left but slightly miss it and you have to start all over again. A tap and hold/drag feature to do this? Or maybe just a drop down on the top right bar.

- Opposition instructions in tactics page. Can be done but only at the start of each match, very annoying

- Select more than 3 starting nations

- Scouting : Only thing that requires a major overhaul, assignments are just not up to standard in my opinion.

I would like a PC/MAC designed skin straight out the 'box' for the Classic version. Since the move to 'Touch' the skins have been designed primarily for mobile devices, and none of them have been particularly attractive on PC. FM15's Classic skin was great, would like to see something like that re-introduced. 

Overall I think FMT is taking a great direction and compared to the full fat version will be my preferred choice moving forward. After focusing fully on FMT for the last two days I mostly come back to the same wishes as last year, so this time I also want to voice them:

• Control over tutoring as many others wish for too (simple drop down to choose the player doing the tutoring without player talks would suffice). It simply can have a huge impact on what kind of development players take.
  • Possibility to filter schedule list by competition
  • Option to turn off purchases/DLCs everywhere
  • Historical stats. What is shown under Team/Player Stats for leagues is more than sufficient for me. I simply miss the possibility to check this for previous seasons as well.

On 17/10/2017 at 22:45, Jari Rantanen\'s Shorts said:

Echoing previous posts, control over tutoring, full youth intakes, and I would like to have proper squad registration too for ech competition - it doesn't take long to do and is a part of RL football: it kinda feels arcadey without full squad rules

Hadn't really though about the last two as kind of go against the ethos of FMT, but now someone mentions it, I agree these are two things I miss from the full version that I'd like to see in FMT.

In the same vein, I get how the aim is to reduce the number of clicks, but I also miss getting a news item when players leave the shortlist.

And a wish list post wouldn't be complete without a request for a pre-game editor

A couple suggestions: I love FMT and how it centers your attention on tactics/matchday/transfers, much like the old CM series.

- Still, if we consider the match itself the "bread and butter" of the experience, it would be great to introduce just the half-time team talk: after all, in RL, how many times have we heard the phrase that the manager turned the match around in the locker room (for better or worse) during half time and suchlike? What do you guys think?

- Finally, as a FMT player, yeah, I find the interaction with players of "plain" FM too time consuming but one small thing could be added that, in my opinion, wouldn't really alter the flow of play: I'm talking about a generic "praise player" choice (wasn't it included in some CM editions of the past?), maybe used after a particular good performance that finally camer after a string of bad matches. No further interaction needed, just a small entry in the "inbox" category. 

On 11/4/2017 at 16:33, Lucas78 said:

- Still, if we consider the match itself the "bread and butter" of the experience, it would be great to introduce just the half-time team talk: after all, in RL, how many times have we heard the phrase that the manager turned the match around in the locker room (for better or worse) during half time and suchlike? What do you guys think?

I personally hate half time team talks etc.

The idea I can spend seasons building up my squad, refining tactics etc and getting up by a couple of goals at half time just to have my side down tools because I picked the wrong multiple choice option at half time does my head in.

Maybe it's improved since I last played full fat, but at times my teams would just put on their flip flops if I took the wrong option.  (And sometimes all of the options weren't close to what I would really say, or wanted to say).

7 hours ago, thesandman said:

The idea I can spend seasons building up my squad, refining tactics etc and getting up by a couple of goals at half time just to have my side down tools because I picked the wrong multiple choice option at half time does my head in.

This pretty much perfectly sums up my feelings on team talks.

I think team talks are a really important part of a football managers role and it's right that SI attempted to simulate it. However I can't get along with the incredibly obfuscated way the answers are presented and the bizarre randomness of the player reactions to my responses.

11 hours ago, Spikey said:

I think team talks are a really important part of a football managers role and it's right that SI attempted to simulate it

I do too, and in the the full fat version it absolutely should be in there, and SI should keep pushing to get it better and better.

However, keep it in full fat

Could we have a challenge created for a European Superleague for Touch?

I played a version in FM2017 which I really enjoyed but the game play takes too long verses touch but gets away from the game being too easy after a few seasons as you’re constantly having to test against the best. 

As no editor guessing its not possible in touch? but could 1 be created as one of the defaults. 

Thank you