The Ultimate Football Manager

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FM16 was announced today, due in 2 months and 1 week. Anyone think they can complete this before FM16 comes out? For me I think it will be "neck on neck" depends how much playing time I can manage in the coming weeks...

Given that I won't be able to activate the game, I'm not even trying to finish quickly any more, but it doesn't seem as though I will be missing out on much. I was worried that the game would have new features that would completely change this challenge, and I wouldn't be able to share or understand new starters' progress in the challenge, but it looks as though nothing has changed.

Of course the new version may be much better on an actual gameplay level, but because this challenge is quite complex, I think that anyone who actually starts it with FM16 in November is likely to have their challenge end in tears. This challenge has a way of weeding out the bugs in early versions.

For newcomers we had a few people (pretty much everybody who started between December and about February / March I think) come across a problem with the Libertadores which meant that they had to start all over again. I think that all the people who are near completion started after March / the final fix. Apart from me, because unbelievably the Libertadores problem wasn't in the release version of the game.

For anybody reading this that is thinking 'Oh yes, I'll start this challenge with the new version' that might not necessarily be a good idea. With FM15, at least you know that there's no major software bugs. All you have to worry about is your hardware. Also, it's pretty difficult to achieve in one year. if you start now, you might finish just in time for the release of FM17.

As for me I will definately buy FM16 but not going to start to play it until I can finish this challenge on FM15, and then try to do it again on FM16, who knows maybe it will be Carmarthen again on FM16 hehe.

Right, I finally got some time to play over the weekend so i will update you all as to where I have been.

Firstly, we went to World Cup with Ghana in a group that included Chile, Holland and Australia.

First game i felt would decide who would come second between us and Chile. We ran out 2-1 winners through two goals from Francis Narh in the 8th and 11th minute. I felt good as this meant just a win against Australia would get us 2nd place as both us and Chile would surely lose to Holland, who had beaten Australia 4-0.

We would be the first team to go toe to toe with Holland. Holland scored 1st in the 16th minute and Alex Amankwah equalised in the 40th minute and went in 1-1 at half time to make me think that we could defy my prediction. Unfortunately, straight after half time, the Dutch scored twice to go 3-1 ahead. They scored another in the dying stages as we went pushing for some goals. As Chile beat Australia 2-1 I knew that I had to win the last game to finish second.

I decided to take a risk and play a weakened side so that I could rest some players for the second round, if we made it that far. I shouldn't have worried though, as we ran out 4-0 victors with two goals from Richard Boakye and one each from Jordan Ayew and David Accam. Holland demolished Chile 4-0 so i was safely through.

In the second round we played the winners of the group containing Germany, Mexico, Ukraine and Egypt. So of course I had Ze Germans. I went back to my strongest team but found myself 1-0 down after 8 minutes. However after 15 minutes, I was inexplicably 2-1 ahead! through a Jordan Ayew penalty and a David Accam header. I was jumping for joy! However, this moment was not to last long and Germany equalised on 40 minutes. 2-2 at half time and I felt my team was still in it. But that only lasted 1 minute. In the 46th minute a corner for Germany saw them go 3-2 ahead. It stayed that way until the last 10 minutes so i decided to go a bit attacking knowing that i had nothing to lose. The board had expected us to get here, we got here and we were playing the Germans. As a result of this, Germany scored a 4th and we could never recover from this. a 4-2 loss and our dream was over.

I decided to resign from my post as I had already won the African Cup of Nations and I didn't want to just be waiting 4 years until the next World Cup.

I will update once I find a new club.

Season 2069/70 - Manchester City

2W653Ga.png

League | Schedule Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3

Early in the challenge I dreamt of ending up in England at my club, Newcastle United, and building them into European and world champions. But with time running out for my ageing manager, waiting for that just doesn't seem the most realistic course of action and I leaped at the opportunity to become Manchester City manager a few months after leaving Barca. A poor start to the season from the Citizens, seemingly driven by a massive injury crisis, had seen them stuck in 10th place after 15 games and a change of regime was inevitable.

Our league form was excellent until a few away-game slip-ups late in the campaign, and we climbed to 7th from 10th to keep the board off my back at least. There was talk that I would be sacked if we lost to Palace on the final day, but with another game to follow the Premier League campaign, surely that can't be right? At any rate, we won to secure the 7th-placed finish.

That extra game I mentioned was in the Europa League. My first game in charge saw us beat Rubin to confirm progress from the group, and we then beat Sevilla, Molde, Schalke (with a fantastic 2-0 home win to progress on away goals) and Spurs to reach the Final at Espanyol's ground. My old club Monaco were dispatched 3-1 to confirm us as champions of Europe's second competition. England are a distant 5th in the coefficient table, so 4th-placed Manchester United didn't qualify for the Champions League, but we did: surely I'm a Manchester City legend just for that bit of end-of-season qualification news hilarity? :)

I've made just two signings so far as City manager, a Spanish right winger who was available for a small fee with his contract running down and a backup centre-back bought in on loan from January to May to give us extra cover, so with Champions League qualification confirmed I'm now looking forward to having the money to spend to really transform this squad for my first full season in charge.

Challenge Progress

Club

7/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, USA)

8/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, MEX)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, N.Am., S.Am.)

1/1 club world championship

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2016/17  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2019/20  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
2020/21  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
2021/22  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
2022/23  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2024     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
2025     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
2026     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2030/31  AUS  Wellington     10th
2031/32  AUS  Wellington     10th
2032/33  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2034/35  AUS  Perth           7th
2035/36  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2037     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
2038/39  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
2039/40  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
2041     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2044     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2046     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
2047     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2050/51  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL KR2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2057/58  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
2058/59  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
2059/60  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
2060/61  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
2061/62  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2064/65  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
2065/65  ITA  Lazio           9th             QF
2066/67  ITA  Juventus        1st             won       CL R1
2067/68  ESP  Valencia        2nd             QF        EL GS
2068/69  ESP  Barcelona       1st             won       EL R1
2069/70  ENG  Man City        7th             R3        EL won        Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
2034  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2037  Norway            57
2038  Norway            44   B
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2050  USA               19         GS
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2055  Brazil            15                GS
2056  Brazil             2
2057  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2059  Spain             18
2060  Spain              2                won
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

200px-FC_Dnipro_Dnipropetrovsk_svg_zpsqxosupqr.png

DNIPRO DNIPROPETROSVK 2021/22

Time for an update as its pretty much all changed since the last update. Dinamo Bucharest boosted by signings like Alexandru Maxim and Domen Crngoj on free transfers and the ability to hand pick rival star players at will simply demolished everything within their path. Fran Merida pulling the strings in the no 10 racking up 19 goals 23 assists in 33 games. It was all abit easy as Steaua were unable to put up any sort of fight. As soon as the trophy cabinet was locked again i was off. After a couple of months unemployed Metalurh Donetsk who have been living in the shadows of their more famous city rivals offered me a job. It was a short and steady campaign ,finishing 6th and getting to the Ukranianan Cup Final which i lost to Shakhtar. It was to end there though making Metalurh Donetsk my shortest reign at 220 days as i joined Dnipro in a bid to properly rival Shakhtar for the League Title .

I have not managed a competitive game for my new club. A few days after joining Dnipro a job i have been after from the start appeared , Viktoria Plzen - maybe next job :) . Internationally there has been nothing but hoping pick up a role in and around World Cup 22

Challenges completed:

Club

1/10 domestic leagues : Liga I (Dinamo Bucharest 2020)

2/10 domestic cups : Israeli State Cup (Hapoel Irony Kiryat Shmona 2017) , Cupa Romaniei (Dinamo Bucharest 2020)

International

1/5 : Africian Cup of Nations (Ghana 2019)

2 minor Trophies: Israeli National Division (Hapoel Rishon LeZion 2016) , Cupa Ligii (Dinamo Bucharest 2020)

---------------------------------------------

Managerial career clubs:

2014/15 : Hapoel Rishon LeZion - 11th in League

2015/16 : Hapoel Rishon LeZion - Champions , Manager of the Year

2016/17 : Hapoel Irony Kiryat Shoma - 6th in League , Israeli State Cup Winners

2017/18 : Hapoel Irony Kiryat Shoma - 4th in League

2018/19 : Dinamo Bucharest - 7th in League

2019/20 : Dinamo Bucharest - Treble

2020/21 : Metalurh Donetsk - 6th in League

2021/22 : Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk - In Progress

Managerial career national teams:

2018 Ghana - Qualified easily for Africian Cup of Nations

2019 Ghana - Won Africian Cup of Nations

Vikeologist's 2041/42 End of Season Report

th?id=OIP.M2a29c24c9186d66d6eace673f49735b5H0&pid=15.1

Now that I know that 2 of you are Newcastle fans, I feel a heavy sense of responsibility. I actually applied for another job almost straight away (Monaco) but they didn’t give me an interview, so I’m going to stay until I win the league.

My first season was a pretty good start. I was hoping to finish in the top half, and maybe even push for a continental qualification place. In the end we were one of the 5 teams that pulled away from the rest, and were in competition for 4th (or even 3rd) place until the final game of the season, (a back and forth away fixture at 4th placed Arsenal). We also reached the semi-final of the FA Cup.

I brought in some good players, but we didn’t have much depth, so it only took a couple of injuries to derail us. Also, our defense was pretty terrible, and we drew a lot of games from being 2 goals ahead. Near the end of the season we had conceded more goals than one of the team in the relegation places.

As you may guess we did score a lot of goals, a lot of them scored by the premier Leagues new season record goal scorer, Craig Rayner with 41 goals from 45 games in all competitions. Rayner’d had a pretty dismal career before I turned up, but I have to be very grateful to my predecessor who snapped him up the previous season for 7.75mill. It’s safe to say his value is a little bit higher now.

This all may not sound all that great, but remember that the previous season Newcastle had finished in 17th place and avoided relegation by 1 point. An increase from 33 to 75 points is not to be sneezed at, and now we’ll have more money to compete with the top 4. Not qualifying for the Champions League is a bit of a blow, but bear in mind that we have a rock bottom coefficient, so would have had a very challenging play-off opponent anyway.

Also, we made a healthy profit on the season, so the club is in good shape financially. 3 of my ex-players from Sochaux are joining on free transfers during the summer. The future looks rosy. However, a lot will depend on whether Rayner’s goal-soaked campaign was just a one-season wonder, though there may be life left in his previously obscure 31-year old Belgian strike partner who I signed for peanuts near the start of the season.

14/15	Swallows(South Africa)	14th		Took over after 14 (of 30)games in 16th bottom position. Dodged relegation.
15/16	Swallows		12th		South African FA Cup winner. Continental qualification.				1 domestic cup
16/17	Swallows		3rd		Champions League qualification
17/18	Swallows		3rd	
18/19 	Swallows & Kaizer Chiefs2nd		Quit Swallows mid-season. Took over Kaiser Chiefs with 9 games of the season left
19/20	Kaizer Chiefs/ChU23	2nd		Won 2 domestic cups.
20/21	Kaizer Chiefs / China	2nd		Lost in Champions League Final on away goals
21/22	Kaizer Chiefs/China	1st		Lost in Champions league semi-final. Won 36 straight matches and East Asia Cup	1 domestic league
22/23	Kaizer Chiefs/ China	n/a		Won African Champions League. Humiliated nation of China.			African Champions League
2023	Seoul			1st		Won South Korean League								2nd domestic league
2024	Seoul / Brazil U23	3rd		Won FA Cup									2nd domestic cup
2025	Cruz Azul		9th		Won FA Cup (Opening Stage). Then I was sacked.					3rd domestic cup
2026	Chivas			2nd		Manager for one match. Lost title in extra time of 2nd leg of league final.
26/27	Chivas /Ivory Coast	6th/1st		Won NACL. Lost Closing stage final of Mexican 1st Div (again)			NACL
27	Chivas / Ivory Coast	5th		Lost in Opening Stage semi-final and resigned after CWC Q/F
28	Dalian / Ivory Coast	11th		Lost in FA Cup Final / Lost in 2029 ACON Q/F
29	Guangzhou / Egypt	1st		League / Cup double. Qualified for World Cup					4th cup, 3rd league
30	Guangzhou/Egypt/USA	1st		League / Champions League double						Asian Champions League
31/2	Hertha Berlin		6th		German Cup losing finalists. Qualified for UEFA Cup
32/33	Hertha Berlin/S Korea	6th		UEFA Cup losing finalists. 
33/34	HB/ SK/ Dortmund	6th		Moved team after 12 games. Won East Asia Cup again, this time with Korea.
34/35	Dortmund / SK / Egypt	1st		League and cup double. Quit South Korea after AC Q/F ignomy			5th cup, Bundesliga
35/36	Dortmund / Colombia	2nd		German cup winners.
36/37	Barcelona / Colombia	2nd		CL Q/F. 	Confederations Cup Finalists 					CWC
37/38	Barcelona / Holland	1st		League, Cup, Champions league treble. World Cup with Holland.			Euro Champions League, 6th cup, Spanish league. World Cup.
38/39	AC Milan / Holland	1st		League and Italian Cup winners. 						7th cup, Serie A
39/40	Holland			n/a		Won European Championship							European Championship
40/41	Sochaux	/ South Africa	7th		Took over Newcastle at end of season.
41/42	Newcastle/South Africa	5th		FA Cup Semi-Finals

Challenge Progress

Club
6/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, S Korea, China, Germany, Spain, Italy)
7/10 domestic cups (South Africa, S Korea, Mexico, China, Germany, Spain, Italy)
4/5 club continental championships (Africa, North America, Asia, Europe)

International
1/5 continental tournaments (European Championship)
1/2 world tournaments (World Cup)

Kaiserw- I haven't welcomed you to the challenge yet. Congrats on your success so far. Are you taking Ghana to the World and Confederations Cup, or moving on?

NW- Don't worry. I'll be your Newcastle surrogate.

Hatton - Good luck getting a new international job. usually something good comes up after World Cups.

gato- I never said welcome back. (I said it but then lost my reply). Congrats on your latest trophy.

Yellowlittle- Hope you'll continue the challenge.

earl - Looks as though you'll definitely be the first to get the 10 leagues; unless its you that's not going to be able to platy for the next few months. Anyway, you have about 18 months till the end of the African Champions league, so you'll be at KC for a while yet.

Ashton - I hope you sis stay at swallows but obviously I understand how disadvantageous it is compared to KC and OP.

Busta - Sorry to hear about your superdraft problems, but generally how do you find the draft in USA? I tried managing in MLS a couple of incarnations ago, and found informed judgement difficult.

Kaiserw- I haven't welcomed you to the challenge yet. Congrats on your success so far. Are you taking Ghana to the World and Confederations Cup, or moving on.

No I have already moved on from Ghana , will be looking for a new role in eastern Europe during the international shakedown surrounding final qualification for the world cup .

Vike - Good first season with Newcastle. You've done at least one Newcastle fan proud! Hoping that you can build on this for next season. Get into that top 4!!

6 months after the World Cup had ended i was offered the job at Stade Malherbe Caen in Ligue 1. They were predicted to finish 11th but were in 17th. I was hoping that I would be able to get them higher up and then leave for a higher reputation French club. I was also looking forward to working with Florian Thauvin, who has just signed for Newcastle in real life, and Francis Narh, my striker from Ghana! At least i was no longer in Belguim!

It became apparent quite quickly the reason why they were near the bottom with the best players at the club not performing and not happy to be at a bottom half team. Results until the end of the season were indifferent and I managed to finish with them at 15th. I was not looking forward to having to another season at Caen as the board wanted to cut the wage bill and were not offering any transfer budget. I looked around for other clubs and found PSV were looking. I applied, got laughed off, but Caen decided that that was not the sort of manager they wanted. They promptly sacked me (is this side challenge still going?).

I expected another long period unemployed before settling for another job that would do nothing for me, however I got the complete opposite. Two weeks after i was sacked, another manager was sacked. He was sacked for finishing 6th in the South African Premier League. I applied for the job, not expecting to even get an interview. However, I did get an interview, in which that the board was surprised that I was willing to take a step down to this role (i assumed that my reputation was still high in Africa because of my AFCON win with Ghana). The interview went well and I finally received the offer around two weeks later, which I accepted.

I pulled up to the stadium about 7 or 8, and yelled to the cabbie 'yo home smell ya later', i looked up at my kingdom, i was finally there, to sit on my throne as the King of Kaizer Chiefs!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

They had only won one title since my game had started, but I am expected to win everything. Win a kitty of £10million, i have decided to purchase the top players at all my rivals. I don't care about debt, I need to start winning some challenges!!!

Busta - Sorry to hear about your superdraft problems, but generally how do you find the draft in USA? I tried managing in MLS a couple of incarnations ago, and found informed judgement difficult.

I quite like the draft system, everything seems to be set up to promote equal chances for every team. But there are so many rules, especially regarding the registering of players, that I keep forgetting about one or two every season. I had to offload players who I'd like to use as regular subs, because I didn't reach the salary cap. To get a decent shot at prizes you'd need to choose for a strong first 11 and some less than decent subs. But I liked my time at Kansas. Always wanted to manage in MLS, but it just never crossed my path. Happy it did, although I wouldn't start a lasting career there.

The good years there were really good for my rep. I made a huge step up coming into Europe; Valencia is my next stop. Update in a few days, as I'm a bit busy.

13th April 2030, NNK Rugby Stadium, Cape Town, South Africa Chris Earl II steps out of the dugout and takes a deep breath. Its been more than 15 years since his debut as a manager at Bristol Rovers. He has been to far more prestigious arenas than this one, with stops at Santiago Bernabeu, Parc des Prince, Signal Iduna Park and Etihad Stadium to name a few. This game is not the most important but a quarter final of the SA FA Cup away to second tier team FC Cape Town. Still The Manager wants win to mark his 1000th game in management. With a win percentage of his career to date at 78% his way of handling teams is almost a guarantee for success. Hail The Manager....

200px-FC_Dnipro_Dnipropetrovsk_svg_zpsqxosupqr.png

DNIPRO DNIPROPETROSVK 2021/22

Well what is there to say about the 2021/22 campaign , it started positive as manager Jan Poborsky stood in the dugout to oversee his first European group match as previous clubs had never managed reach that point . The gap in class soon became clear an ageing Dnipro side were knocked out in the group stages. The league was steady progress sitting where one would expect a club like Dnipro to be going into the winter break certainly no indication to what was to come next.

Shakhtar Donetsk's 12 year domination has come to an end but the celebration parties were definitely not in this neck of the woods. Dynamo Kiev lifted the title whilst Dnipro went through a catastrophic second part to the season struggling to overcome teams that can only be described as cannon fodder. A cup win where clearly no other major side took any interest in the competition was skant consolation as we hung onto 4th just . In fairness it probably saved my job.

Viktoria Plzen offered me an interview but i declined as a job to do here - no willing to admit defeat as i did in Israel just yet. I will manage them at some point in the future though , just the timing is not right .

On the international front i like billions of others sat and watched the World Cup on TV

Challenges completed:

Club

1/10 domestic leagues : Liga I (Dinamo Bucharest 2020)

3/10 domestic cups : Israeli State Cup (Hapoel Irony Kiryat Shmona 2017) , Cupa Romaniei (Dinamo Bucharest 2020) , Ukranianan Cup (Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2022)

International

2 minor Trophies: Israeli National Division (Hapoel Rishon LeZion 2016) , Cupa Ligii (Dinamo Bucharest 2020)

Managerial career clubs:

2021/22 : Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk - 4th in League , Ukrainian Cup Winners

2022/23 : Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk - In Progress

2018 Ghana - Qualified easily for Africian Cup of Nations

2019 Ghana - Won Africian Cup of Nations

13th April 2030, NNK Rugby Stadium, Cape Town, South Africa Chris Earl II steps out of the dugout and takes a deep breath. Its been more than 15 years since his debut as a manager at Bristol Rovers. He has been to far more prestigious arenas than this one, with stops at Santiago Bernabeu, Parc des Prince, Signal Iduna Park and Etihad Stadium to name a few. This game is not the most important but a quarter final of the SA FA Cup away to second tier team FC Cape Town. Still The Manager wants win to mark his 1000th game in management. With a win percentage of his career to date at 78% his way of handling teams is almost a guarantee for success. Hail The Manager....

Congratulations on a stellar career thus far.

mayihavecookie's Challenge, Season 6

OK I've been gone for a while, there have been more than 140 posts in this thread since I've won the treble with Jeonbuk and been sacked as manager of South Korea. I took over Cameroon right after that. They've finished the African Cup of Nations in 3rd but still decided to look for a new manager, so here I am. In summer 2019 I was offered jobs both at Manchester United and Kaizer Chiefs. I decided to go for the second one, so now I'm managing Kaizer Chiefs, just like TheEarl (Congratulations on 1000 games in management man!).

Season 2019/20

150px-Kaizer_Chiefs.svg.png

Kaizer Chiefs - South African Premier Soccer League

League Table | Schedule 1 | Schedule 2 | Schedule 3 | Manager Profile

I was told Kaizer Chiefs was the biggest team in Africa, so my first look at them was a bit of a disappointment: Last league title was 2013, last FA cup 2006. The last two seasons they've finished the league in 5th, so no Champions League either. That means I'll have to stay here for at least two and a half seasons. However, the squad is strong enough to compete in the league, and there's more than enough money to spend.

The board wanted us to challenge for the title in the league, everything else was regarded as not important. I started with a defeat in the Be The Coach Challenge against Orlando Pirates, the dominating South African team of the last few years. The league was a duel between SuperSport United, Orlando Pirates and us and it was open until the last game of the season. SuperSport United won by 1 point, we finished 2nd. They made the difference with their two wins against us.

In both the Super 8 Cup and the Knockout Cup we went out early, but we won the South African FA Cup beating Ga-Rankuwa Utd, Orlando Pirates, Stars of Africa, Maritzburg Utd and Thanda Royal Zulu (in order of appearance).

All in all, my first season in Africa wasn't a huge success, but we won our first title and I think I can build on that. We should be able to win the league next year, and I really hope I can win the Champions League first try, as I don't intend to stay here for too long.

Player of the Year: Former Newcastle youngster Adam Campbell came from Bournemouth for £650K and scored 29 goals and 11 assists in 25 games with an average rating of 7.96. He already broke the clubs scoring record of 17 goals in a season in January.

Not a lot to tell you, I just played a bunch of friendlies in my first year. It went OK, but I really don't like to do this, you never know what's going to happen in competitive games. After one and a half years I finally had my first two games in the World Cup Qualifiers against Senegal and Lesotho. We won both. Now I have to wait for another 9 months for games 3 and 4.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season       Club           Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014    CHN  Renhe          11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
2015    CHN  Renhe          2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
2016    CHN  Renhe          1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
2017    KOR  Chunnam        2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
2018    KOR  Jeonbuk        1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
2019/20 RSA  Kaizer Chiefs  2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won South African FA Cup

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018   South Korea                               Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked 6.2.19
2019   Cameroon                                  Joined 17.2.19
2020   Cameroon      

Challenge Progress

Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (China, South Korea)
3/10 domestic cups (China, South Korea, South Africa)
1/5  club continental championships (Asia)
0/1  club world championship

International
0/5  continental tournaments
0/2  world tournaments

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Season 2029/30 – Kaizer Chiefs / Spain

Another season with The Chiefs. This was a bit of boring "transportation" season as all titles was already won. That said we completed the African Confederations Cup by winning this, only loosing an away game to SF Cfax in the semis, but winning on aggregate.

Once again we won Be The Coach Challenge, Super 8, SA KO Cup, SA FA Cup and the SA Premier League. This time we took 88 out of maximum 90 points. Actually it took 12 games to come top of the table as Orlando Pirates won their first 11 games straight. But once we took control of the league we never slipped up.

We signed two good midfield players , a Brazilian named Junior and a Spanish guy. But the Spaniard was signed too late and could not be registered for African Champions League.

Board expectations Kaizer Chiefs: Win South African Premier League, Win African Confederations Cup, Win African Super Cup, Win African Champions League., all other Cups regarded as not important.

The only real interesting competition is the African Champions League that started about midway through the season. We met ES Tunis in the African Super Cup first, a good test as they are reigning champions of Champions League for the last 7 seasons. We won that game (Played at home in single leg actually) by a heavy 7-1 margin.

In the Champions League itself we got Highlanders from Zimbabwe in the Preliminary Round and won an amazing 18-1 on aggregate. In the First Round proper we got Stade Malien from Mali and won 8-1 on aggregate after actually a draw away. Second Round was played against AFAD Djekanou from Ivory Coast and we won 11-1 on aggregate.

In the Group Stage we got by far the toughest group facing ES Tunis, Orlando Pirates and Etoile du Sahel. 3 wins so far 4-2, 4-0 and 2-1. We sit comfortably top of the table with 3 games to go. After that it will be Semi Final and Final if we can get there. Then if I can win I will resign as manager of Kaizer Chiefs.

Star players:

Top goalscorer: Mlungisi Seanego - 79 goals

Top performer: Mlungisi Seanego - 8,35 Av.rat

Top assists: Tumelo Mthembu - 29 assists

Spain qualified easily for World Cup with 27 out of 30 maximum points in the Qualification Group. In the World Cup itself we got Greece, Iran and Brazil in the group. 2-0, 2-0 and 3-2 and we won our group. Then we got Russia in the 2nd Round and won 3-0. I had manage to rotate the squad quite a lot and was optimistic ahead of the Quarter Final against Germany. The game was close in terms of goals, but Germany was by far the better team playing wise. We went ahead quite luckily and I was hoping for an easier game in the Semi Finals, but the Germans came back right before the end and equalized. In Extra Time possession and quality mattered and the Germans could make it 2-1. We never came back and where knocked out in the Quarter Finals. It was not a third successful World Cup for me.

I didn't feel too disappointed really, as its the Euros and Confederations Cup that we need to win. But after the World Cup I was sacked as manager of Spain, and is now without a national team to manage at the moment.

--------------------------------------------

Challenges completed:

Club

9/10 top domestic leagues (Brazil,Italy,England,France, Mexico (Apertura/Clausura), Holland, Germany, Spain,South Africa)

9/10 domestic cups (Italy,English FA, English League Cup, French League Cup, Brazil, Holland, Spain, South Africa KO Cup, South Africa FA Cup)

3/5 club continental championships (Europe, S.America, N.America)

1/1 club world championship (Roma)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa)

1/2 world tournaments (World Cup with France and Paraguay)

13 minor Trophies: FA Trophy (England), League Two (England), Johnstone Paint Trophy (England), Italian Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, European Nations League (France 2 times), French Champions Trophy, Europa League (both with Paris SG, Ajax and Dortmund), Sao Paulo State Championship, Be The Coach (South Africa), Super 8(South Africa), African Super Cup, African Confederations Cup.

Competitions won more than once: UEFA Champions League won twice (Roma 2 times). Brazilian Serie A won twice (International and Corinthians), Mexican League won both Apertura and Clausura (America MEX), World Cup (France, Paraguay), SA Premier League (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA KO Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA FA Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times)

Managerial career clubs:

2014/15 Bristol Rovers Played in Vanarama Conference, took over at 18th position, won FA Trophy, quarter final of Johnstone PT, reach 1st round proper of FA Cup. Finished 2nd in Vanarama Conference and got promoted. Manager of the month in Vanarama Conference 3 times.

2015/16 Bristol Rovers Played in League two, league winners, promoted (obviously), won Johnstone PT, reached 3rd round proper of FA Cup, and 1st round of League Cup. Left club at end of season. Manager of the year in League Two, Manager of the month in League Two 4 times.

2016/17 Brighton Played in Championship for the whole season, finished 2nd, reached 6th round of FA-Cup and 2nd round of League Cup, promoted. Manager of the year in Championship.

2017/18 Brighton Played in Premier League, left the club in march sitting in 11th position and knocked out of FA-Cup in 4th round and League Cup in 4th round, club finished 8th in Premier League with new manager.

2017/18 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, took over club in march at 8th position and already out of DFB Pokal, finished 6th but was banned from Europa League due to failing FFP.

2018/19 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, finished 2nd in the league to Schalke 04, but lost in the 3rd round of DFB Pokal to Dortmund. Left the club at the end of the season.

2019 Internacional Played in Brazilian Serie A. Took over after 7 games in 12th position, won the league (first club landmark), was already out of the cup, and lost in 2nd Preliminary round of Copa Sudamericana. Manager of the year in Brazilian Serie A.

2019/20 Roma Played in Serie A, took over in 13th and finished 2nd to Juventus, lost the TIM Cup final to Juventus, won UEFA Champions League. (second club landmark)

2020/21 Roma Played in Serie A, won the league (third club landmark), TIM Cup (fourth club landmark), Italian Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and Club World Championship (fifth club landmark), but lost Euro Super Cup to Arsenal. Manager of the year Serie A.

2021/22 Man.City Played in Premier League, won the league (sixth club landmark), FA-Cup (seventh club landmark), League Cup (eight club landmark), Euro Sup Cup, but lost the Champions League final on penalties to Chelsea. Manager of the year in Premier League, manager of the month 6 times.

2022/23 Paris SG Played in French Ligue 1, won the league (ninth club landmark), won French League Cup (tenth club landmark), lost 10th round of French Cup, knocked out in group stage of Champions League, but won Europa League, won Champions Trophy in France.

2023 Corinthians Played in Brazilian Serie A, took over in 5th, won the league, won the cup (eleventh club landmark), lost in quarter finals of Copa Libertadores.

2024 Corinthians Played in Sao Paulo State Championship, won the State Championship, won Copa Libertadores (twelfth club landmark), left the club in Brazilian Serie A as virtual league leaders after 8 games.

2024/25 America (MEX), Played in Liga MX, took over in Apertura Stage with 5 games to go in 2nd position. Won the Apertura League and the Apertura Playoffs (thirteenth club landmark). Won the Clausura League and Clausura Playoffs. Won the North American Champions League (fourteenth club landmark). Left the club at end of season.

2025/26 Ajax, Played in Eresdivsie. Won the league (fifteenth club landmark), won the Dutch Cup (sixteenth club landmark), won Europa League. Left the club at the end of the season.

2026/27 Dortmund, Played in Bundesliga. Won the league on goal difference (seventeenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of DFB Pokal, won Europa League. Manager of the year in Bundesliga. Didn't leave club at end of season, but applied for other jobs.

2027/28 Real Madrid, Played in La Liga. Won the league (eighteenth club landmark), won Copa Del Rey (nineteenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of Champions League. Spanish Manager of The Year. Left the club at the end of the season.

2028/29 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league (twentieth club landmark), won SA KO Cup (twentyfirsth club landmark), won SA FA Cup (twentysecond club landmark), won Super 8, won Be the Coach, currently top of group in Confederations Cup. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2029/30 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league, won SA KO Cup, won SA FA Cup, won Super 8, won Be The Coach, won African Confederations Cup, won African Super Cup, currently top of group in Champions League. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2017 Ivory Coast Took over in march after nation had being knocked out at group stage of African Nations. Qualified easily for World Cup.

2018 Ivory Coast Took just 1 point in group stage of World Cup. Qualified easily for African Nations.

2019 Ivory Coast Won African Nations (first national landmark) then resigned from the job.

2020 France Took over in july after nation had being knocked out in 2nd round of UEFA Euro Nations. Won group stage of Nations League.

2021 France Won Nations League, qualified for World Cup with maximum points.

2022 France Won World Cup (second national landmark)

2022 Brazil lost Superclassico de Americas

2023 Brazil lost in quarter finals of Copa America, sacked.

2024 France joined but resigned without playing any games.

2025 Paraguay joined in 6th position of World Cup Qualifying, qualified in 3rd position. Joined at 62nd position of World Rankings.

2026 Paraguay, Won World Cup, left the nation as number 1 in the World Rankings.

2026 France, joined in 10th position on World Rankings, won group stage of Nations League

2027 France, won Nations League, played 2 games of Euro Championships Qualifiers so far. Currently 7th in World Rankings

2028 France, Qualified easily for Euro Championships. Knocked out in 2nd round of Euro Championships by Ukraine. Left Nation before getting sacked as 11th in World Rankings.

2028 Spain, joined nation as 3rd in the World Rankings. Relegated to Nations Div. B.

2029 Spain, Qualified for World Cup with 9 wins out of 10.

2030 Spain, Knocked out of World Cup at Quarter Finals by Germany after extra time. Sacked at 12th in World Rankings.

An American Werewolf in Football!

Stevenage F.C.

StevenageFC_zpsyvtw9dbh.png

All Competitions | Profile One | Profile Two

I know many of you have followed my many trials, tribulations, and unfortunately, restarts. Well, my new machine is a beast, and I'm very happy to report that the challenge has again begun in earnest at Stevenage F.C. in League Two. As one of the first things on the job, I got the board to agree to increase our youth level and upgrade our youth facilities, along with some additions to the coaching and scouting staff, which I find are absolutely essential for trying to go up lower leagues, especially in England. We were given an expectation of "above mid-table" and we were expected to reach the Second Round of both the FA Cup and the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. We were unable to do so in the JPT, going out in the First Round to League One side Brighton, but the board were very understanding of our crap draw -- Brighton were top of League One when the fixture was played, and they only managed to deal with us 1-0. We were also able to reach the Second Round of the FA Cup, with another League One side, MK Dons, sending us out of the competition with both the board and the fans pleased with our progress in that competition. We won't even talk about the Capital One Cup, as it wasn't a priority of my board, and we were displaced handily by Championship side Ipswich in the First Round.

We secured Arsenal as a senior affiliate which will bring in nearly £70k a year, plus we make nearly £100k off their yearly friendly, so that will help financially. The board is one of the better I have worked with as they have sent both myself and a young coach with a ton of potential, Julian Monk, on two coaching badge courses, and we are both currently working on our National A License. They also increased our Youth Level and brought our youth facilities up to "Adequate" to go with our "Impressive" senior training grounds. They also increased the payroll on two occasions, the only complaint I've had is that I have not been able to increase our scouting range out of the UK and Ireland. They also allowed me three more first-team staff, and while I still feel short one physio, I was able to get a much more productive coaching staff which was my main focus.

All of this meant that League Two was our focus, and even though my board (and my players) didn't think they were going to challenge for anything, we fought for promotion right up until the final fixture. The final match of the domestic season had us in 4th, two points behind Shrewsbury for the final automatic-promotion spot, with Shrewsbury coming into our home with a promotion spot in the balance. We led 1-0 at the half, and were 45 minutes from going up automatically, but it was not to be as they netted twice in the final half to secure promotion and leave our boys heartbroken. I guess they had given all they could to try to fight for promotion, as we were absolutely blasted on aggregate by eventual playoff winners, Notts County, in the Playoff Semi-Final.

It was still a very productive season, led by top goalscorer Tom Youngs, with 18 goals and 8 assists in all competitions. Coming on late, but showing much potential, on-loan French and Manchester City striker Thierry Ambrose also provided 14 goals and 4 assists in only 27 appearances for the club. Other huge players for the club included two other loanees, both from Manchester United, in playmaker Andreas Pereira and goalkeeper Joel Pereira. None of the loanees were given any love for our Fans Player of the Year, which went to center-back signing Valentin Gjokaj, with runners-up being midfielders Rhys McCabe and Jordan Clark.

Shockingly, even though they both developed EXTREMELY well, we were able to extend loans for another full season for all of our major loanees. Both Pereira's, Ambrose, Kyle Walker-Peters, Morgan Fox, Isaac Hayden, and Gedlon Zelalem all will be with the club through the end of 2016-17, and we were also able to add young Arsenal striker Chuba Apkom on another full season loan. We'll enter next season as the bookie's second favorite for promotion at 6-1, and honestly, I expect nothing less than a trip to League One to begin next season, and hopefully we can be competitive in all of our other competitions.

In world news, Chelsea did the double winning both the Barclay's Premier League AND Champions League, but they'll be hoping new gaffer Jurgen Klopp can keep up the good feelings that Jose Mourinho just brought, as he departed to become the manager of the Spanish national team after they had a disappointing Quarter-Final exit in Euro 2016, losing to Italy. The Germans won Euro 2016, beating Switzerland in the Final, but England fans still had much to rejoice for as the outsiders did make it all the way to the Semi-Final, even though they were viewed as rank outsiders for the tournament.

Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

0/10 domestic cups

0/5 club continental championships

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

[b]CLUB

Season        Nation/Club/League        League                                     Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
[b]2015/16        ENG/Stevenage/L2          6th                      Expected above-mid, out Playoff Semi-Final
[/b]

[b]
International

Season        Nation          Highest Ranking                            Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
[b]2015/16
[/b]   

[b][/b]   

I have also re-done my blog, but I am committed to always posting my update both here and on the blog because Vikeologist cannot access WordPress where he is. If any of you are interested, I will be adding recaps after each season detailing who won every one of my achievement competitions to keep a history of what has gone on from the start. I haven't posted the 2015-16 Competitions yet, but they will be in an entry I'm writing up tonight. I've just been getting into the start of the new season. :D

If you'd like to visit, the blog is at http://americanwerewolffootball.wordpress.com! Thanks for the support in following my updates! :D

Season 2030/31 – Kaizer Chiefs / Italy

At the end of last season we won our 3 first games i Champions League. Start of this season meant we had 3 more games in the group stage. We drew 3-3 to Orlando Pirates, won 4-1 at home to ES Tunis and 4-1 away to Etoile du Sahel.

Semifinal we won 5-1 on aggregate to Club Africain.

In the final we met ES Tunis again. Though matches this time especially as we had some injuries. 3-0 win at home was essential in the end as we lost 3-1 away. Finally I have won the African Champions League, and even if we where midway in the season I resigned as manager.

In the meantime I have Italy as new national job, and now searching for a new club to manage.

Jeju_United_FC.svg_zpstivvgkap.png

JEJU UNITED 2023/24

The decision to turn down Viktoria Plzen and have another year at Dnipro proved to be a bad one as another pretty poor season endured and i was was promptly called to the boardroom, Despite making light of the situation and trying to talk my way out of things the men in suits were less than impressed and promptly ended by reign at Arena-Dnipro. I got back into International football with Iran whilst searching for a new club. Iran qualified easily from their group and at this point look odds on to qualify for the World Cup 2026.

I did eventually return to club management joining Jeju United who had previously finished 2nd in The K League and as one of the more dominant Korean sides were expected to go one better this season. That second place guaranteed Champions league football on my arrival and soon made light work of the group which was one of the easier ones on paper. Al-Sadd with Manolo Gabbinini banging in the goals were overall favourites for the competition but they came unstuck in the second round on penalties to an Iranian side whilst Jeju knocked out Urawa Reds. Guanzhou Evergrande proved much tougher opposition in the quarter finals leading 3-2 from the first leg in China but a last minute winner from Kim Min-Hak saw the koreans progress. Kashima Antlers awaited in the semi finals and once again it was the home side winning both games and Jeju progressing 4-3 on aggregate. Following a 2-2 draw against Al-Ittihad in Saudi Arabia , Jeju were crowned Champions of Asia with a Kim Min-Hak the star once again , scoring the winner and collecting the MVP award.

Domestically all was going to plan , finishing top of the opening section leading FC Seoul on goal difference before entering the final five games of the season and in the Korean Cup Final v Joenbuk. The critical game against FC Seoul was lost and they took over as title favourites as Jeju United showed signs of running out of steam following a long action packed season. A goal five minutes from time proved decisive as Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors lifted the Korean Cup. The triple as over but the double was very much alive following FC Seoul's defeat at Ulsan. Jeju won the remaining game to lift the title on goal difference.

East Bengal the home representative were easily dispatched 4-1 in the Club World Cup before setting up a semi final with Boca Juniors , LA Galaxy v Manchester United in the other semi final. Despite taking an early lead the Argentinians proved too strong and deserved a 2-1 victory. Following a 2-1 win over LA Galaxy in the third place playoff the manager ventured over to the jubilant Jeju fans , chucked his bronze medal into the crowd Mourinho Style and announced his departure in the press conference some minutes later.

Iran won 5 on the bounce to win the WAFF Championship , including putting 10 past Jordan in the group stages , 7 past Iraq in the semi final and a 4-0 victory over Qatar in the final. I will continue with Iran into the World Cup as i see them probably as a Quarter Final side if the side is relatively injury free come 2026.

World Cup Qualifying

Club World Cup History

Challenges completed:

Club

2/10 domestic leagues : Liga I (Dinamo Bucharest 2020) , K League (Jeju United 2024)

3/10 domestic cups : Israeli State Cup (Hapoel Irony Kiryat Shmona 2017) , Cupa Romaniei (Dinamo Bucharest 2020) , Ukranianan Cup (Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2022)

1/5 champions leagues : Asia - (Jeju United 2024)

International

3 minor Trophies: Israeli National Division (Hapoel Rishon LeZion 2016) , Cupa Ligii (Dinamo Bucharest 2020) , WAFF Championship (Iran 2024)

Managerial career clubs:

2022/23 : Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk - Sacked

2023/24 : Jeju United - Champions , Asian Champions League Winners

2024/25 : ....

2018 Ghana - Qualified easily for African Cup of Nations

2019 Ghana - Won African Cup of Nations

2023 Iran - Qualifed easily for Asian Cup

2024 Iran - Won WAFF Championship

This will be the only time I post my World Competitions Update on the forums, I just wanted everyone to see some of the extras that I'm doing alongside my normal updates on my blog. I figure this way, especially with having to manage so many different places and internationally, it will provide a reference for me on which jobs have the best chances at silverware down the road -- but also provide enjoyment for those that read the updates. This is a direct cross-post from my blog:

-------------------------

WORLD COMPETITIONS UPDATE AND INFORMATION (FM15)

I’m going to make this a regular feature, as with such a long challenge, many may wonder what goes on in the rest of the world. This will allow us to see how world football develops through a game that should spawn easily five decades plus.

Of special note, with the game starting in 2014, some of the competitions have already had two winners. Except for England, which I’ve marked down the 2014-15 winners as well, we’ll be looking at competitions from the time I started managing in 2015-16, and being updated after each year.

Also, even though it isn’t considered an achievement for the challenge, I’ve included the Europa League, just because I am following it in game as well, and it already has something cool that has occured. I’ll make an asterisk in future posts, but this will be the format I use from this point on, and I hope you enjoy following not just the Ultimate Manager Challenge — American Werewolf Style, but also the seasonal look at the world as well.

One LAST note… the way the game keeps the history for the Mexican leagues is not ideal, so even though they will be a nation I will be playing in, I will not be keeping the info for that league. I also am unsure which is the tenth and final nation I will eventually play with, so I will only be posting the info for 8 of the ten top domestic leagues required. Thank you!

————————-

2015/16 World Competitions Update

Top Domestic Leagues

Barclay’s Premier League (2014-15): Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool

Barclay’s Premier League: Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, Hull

Chelsea pulled off a double by also winning the UEFA Champions League.

La Liga: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona

All three clubs finished in the same position in the prior campaign. 2 in a row for Real!

Bundesliga: Bayern Munich, Schalke 04, Borussia Dortmund.

FOUR straight Bundesliga titles for the Bayern giants.

Serie A: Juventus, Roma, AC Milan

Juve back on track after a year without the title.

Ligue 1: Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique Lyonnais, AS Monaco FC

France has their own heavyweight with PSG also lifting four straight league titles.

Eredivisie: Feyenoord, Ajax, FC Twente

Lots of repeats, as Feyenoord hoist their second piece of silverware running.

South African Premier: Orlando Pirates, Chippa Utd., Kaizer Chiefs

Second title in a row for Pirates. Favorites SuperSport United RELEGATED!

Hyundai Olibank K League Classic: Sangju, Ulsan, Jeonbuk

Jeonbuk had been the holders, but fell off from the previous campaign.

Club Continental Championships

UEFA Champions League: Chelsea over Barcelona

UEFA Europa League: Shakhtar Donetsk over Dynamo Kyiv – *Second Consecutive*

Asian Champions League: Giurare Yokohama over Al-Jazira

African Champions League: Kaizer Chiefs over TP Mazembe – *Second Consecutive*

CONCACAF Champions League: Pachuca over America

Copa Libertadores: Atletico Nacional over Sao Paolo

FIFA Club World Cup: Barcelona over Atletico Nacional – Kaizer Chiefs Third

International Tournament Updates

UEFA Euros: Germany over Switzerland – England and Italy Semi-Finalists – Next Held 2020

Asian Cup of Nations: Japan over Iran – South Korea Third – Next Held 2019

Copa America: Chile over Colombia – Mexico Third – Next Held 2019

Gold Cup: Mexico over USA – Costa Rica Third – Next Held 2017

African Cup of Nations: DR Congo over Nigeria – Tunisia Third – Next Held 2017

FIFA World Cup: Next Held 2018

FIFA Confederations Cup: Next Held 2017

2015/16 World Awards Update

FIFA Ballon D’Or: Lionel Messi

World Golden Ball: Lionel Messi

Best Player In Europe: Lionel Messi

European Golden Boy: Aymeric Laporte

UEFA Golden Boot: Carlos Tevez

World Team of the Year: M. Neuer, P. Lahm, S. Ramos, T. Silva, R. Rodriguez, A. Pirlo, A. Vidal, J. Rodriguez, J. Mata, E. Hazard, L. Messi, P. Cech, M. Hummels, X. Alonso, C. Tevez, S. Aguero, D. Alaba, Z. Ibrahimovic

Cristiano Ronaldo “only” had 22 goals in domestic competition, and 31 overall at a 7.7 average, for those in complete shock that he missed the team.

We are now up to date on the competitions, so it will be much easier for me to keep them updated as now I’ll be going along with the time. :) I hope this is of enjoyment to everyone outside of the main story, and gives you an extra reason to follow along!

Thank you as always for following American Werewolf Football! You can check out all my extra updates like these at http://americanwerewolffootball.wordpress.com! I will ALWAYS post my seasonal updates here, though, as Vikeologist is unable to access WordPress in his country!

The Ultimate Challenge: Brettney Edition;

Season 2028/29.

Dortmund

My second season in charge of Dortmund was pretty much the same as the first, chasing Bayern Munich in the league whilst trying to keep the players happy and convince them they can win things with the club... Bayern proved too good once again and we finished the season 7 points below them (4 better than last season... So maybe we can win the league in 2 seasons!?). We did start the season beating Bayern to win the Super Cup, so that was a bit of a plus for the season.

We made it to the semi final of the German cup this season, losing 2-1 to Bayern Munich!

4 wins saw us get out of our Champions League group pretty comfortably before dispatching of Steaua in the 1st KO stage. Man Utd were up next and we lost 6-4 on agg.

The Squad|Bundesliga Table|Finances

Key Players;

Hafizou Mingolo|Paulo Roberto|Ryoo Jin-Sung|Evren Cankaya

Transfers;

Youth Candidates.

National News;

France

A good start in charge of France saw us make it into the Nations league Semi finals where we unfortunately lost on Pens to Germany.

World Cup Qualifying draw!

Season	Team			Position   Notes			     Challenge Landmarks
2014	Woodlands (Singapore)	 7th	   Took over 17 games in (8th)  Cup Double (League Cup and S-Cup)
2015   Woodlands (Singapore)    4th       Too many injuries!           League Cup won.
2016   Woodlands (Simgapore)    1st       Champions!                   S-League Title + Singapore Cup.
2017   Woodlands (Singapore)    1st       Won Confed. Cup.             League and Confed Cup Double.
2018   Woodlands (Singapore)    1st when left.  Sacked!
2017/18  Wanderers FC           5th       Took over 26th March         Final of Hyandai Finals Series
2018/19  Wanderers FC           1st       Champions + Grand Final      2nd League won.
2019/20  Wanderers FC           1st       Champs + Grand Final         Q-Final of Champs League (So far)
2020/21  Wanderers FC           1st when left. Asian Champs League     Moved on 31st December.
2020/21  San Lorenzo            3rd       Copa Libertadores win!       Another Regional Cup tourney won!
2021/22  Man Utd                3rd       Took over in January.        Qualified for Champs League.
2022/23  Man Utd                2nd       Champs League Semi's...      Won FA Cup!
2023/24  Man Utd                1st       League and League Cup.       Double. Champs League Q-Final.
2024/25  Man Utd                1st       League + League Cup Double   Champs League K.O rd.
2025/26  Man Utd                4th       Champs League+FA Cup Finals  Won FA Cup!!
2026/27  Barcelona              1st       Liga,Cup,Champ Treble.       Champs League won!!!
2027/28  Dortmund               2nd       Won the German Cup!!         German Cup, 2nd in League.
2028/29  Dortmund               2nd       7 pts behind Bayern.         Won the Super Cup!

The Trophy's.

Leagues;

La Liga - (Barcelona)

Premier League - (Man Utd)

Bundesliga -

Ligue 1 -

Serie A -

And 5 Others...

1 - Singapore (Woodlands)!

2 - Australia (Wanderers)!

3 -

4 -

5 -

Regional Champions Leagues;

European Champions League - (Barcelona)

Asian Champions League - (Woodlands).

Copa Libertadores - (San Lorenzo).

North American Champions League -

Africa Champions League -

International Tournemants;

UEFA Euros -

Asian Cup Of Nations -

Copa America -

Gold Cup - Mexico!

African Cup Of Nations -

FIFA World Cup - Mexico!

Confederations Cup -

Others:

10 Domestic Cups required (Where Top Level Teams can Enter)

1 - Singapore Cup - (Woodlands).

2 - Singapore League Cup - (Woodlands).

3 - English FA Cup - (Man Utd).

4 - English League Cup - (Man Utd).

5 - Spanish Cup - (Barcelona)

6 - German Cup - (Dortmund)

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

FIFA Club World Cup -

Ok, new update. No screenshots, as I can't be bothered and I have nothing that needs validation anyway.

BRAZIL

Copa America 2027

So this was my first serious shot at an international prize. I did compete with Tunisia in the African Nations, but taking Brazil into the Copa America is a whole different deal. We just needed to avoid Argentina for as long as possible.

Brazil - Peru 3-2

2 goals from Gabriel Barbosa (Schalke) and one from Malcom (Barcelona) were enough to reord a win. 3-2 might seem close, but both goals from Peru were scored in the last 5 minutes.

Brazil - Ecuador 2-1

An early lead by Davidson (Atlético) was cancelled by a 22th minute goal from Granja (Brondby). Barbosa was the man that put us past Ecuador with a goal, 15 minutes before the end.

Brazil - Paraguay 5-2

Superstar Paolo Modesto (Juventus) finally showed what he's capable of with a good hattrick. He put us in front after 16 minutes, but 2 goals by Valinotti (Evian) gave Paraguay a surprising lead. Modesto (2x) and Joãozinho (Real Madrid) gave us a 4-2 score t half time, and good old Oscar (still at Chelsea) scored a fifth.

QF: Brazil - USA U23 0-0 (pen 3-1)

The QF draw saw us play my former team USA U23. Should be an easy win, but although we had 31 chances, we couldn't find a breakthrough. Penalties were needed and as a result we had to play the SF with a completely jaded team. Against, ofcourse:

SF: Brazil - Argentina 0-1

We won the last Superclasico really lucky, as Argentina was way better back then. But this time around, we were equal to them. That's why the 0-1 is annoying; our squad was not fit but could still give Argentina a really hard time. What if we didn't need the extra time against USA? But ifs don't count, and we were out.

3rd place: Brazil - Mexico U23 2-0

Malcom and Barbosa gave us an expected win. The board was relentless in their judgement and sacked me. So I'm off to Europe.

I took my time in selecting a team to start my European time. Some offers came in, including PSV (which I, as a Feyenoord man, declined ofcourse), but nothing to my liking. Come november I had 2 interesting choices. Saint-Etienne were bottom in the Ligue 1, so I chose to join big club

VALENCIA

A short story. They played CL but failed in the league. Improving their 15th plae should not be that hard. The squad was pretty decent, I had my eyes on some new players, and it would be no problem getting them to finish at least mid-table, and build on a squad for the future.

Nope. We got 3rd place in the CL group and defeated Sparta Prague in the EL. Villarreal knocked us out of the cup early, Hoffenheim was way too strong in the EL, and although results initially improved in the Liga BBVA (Real Madrid 3-0 win, Barcelona 3-3), they fell back hard in february. I was under pressure in march and the knockout by Hoffenheim made my position really unstable. Well, it might have been the 5 game loss streak in BBVA. Anyhow, I resigned.

It seems like a repetitive thing: Success at Kitchee; failure at Suwon. Success at Renhe and (no cups, but good results) Tunisia; failure at Portuguesa and Nacional. Success at Kansas; failure at Brazil and Valencia. I can't seem to make the jump towards the real prizes. Maybe it's my tactics, maybe it's my managing style (for as long as I play FM / CM I like to build small clubs and stay with them for years) that doesn't fit, or maybe it's just bad luck. Frankly, it annoys me and I'm grinding to keep myself committed to this challenge.

Oh well, at least the next club to appoint me is going places.

Challenge landmarks

Club:

Leagues (2/10): Hong Kong (Kitchee), USA (Kansas)

Cups (2/10): Hong Kong (Kitchee), China (Renhe)

Continental (0/5)

World (0/1)

International:

Continental (0/5)

World (0/2)

Decided to make a very late entry to this.......cant imagine i will get far before FM16 comes out, but one never knows when a save will completely take you in.........

Leagues loaded to start:

England (Conference and Above)

Argentina (Primera B and above)

Sweden (Supertann and above)

Slovakia (Corgoo liga only)

Poland (I Liga and above)

USA (MLS only)

South Africa (National First Division and above)

And so it started, with applications for all open jobs, and it turns out my starting point is to be in South Africa....

Season 1 2014/15 - Santos FC

Santos_round_logo.png

Manager Profile

As expected i have to start in a lower league, and work my way up. A decent enough side, squad is ok and there is a few quid free to spend. Tipped for mid table but should be able to challenge for promotion.

Took me awhile to find a new club following the exploits at Jeju United as nothing fancied came up, almost a year in fact whilst going through the motions with the Iranian National Team, but seeing BustaRaymes post gave me an idea , though some added pressure I guess :) . Predicted 2nd in league by pundits, lol it's a repair job from here, lost to Dundee United in the qualifying rounds of Europa League and out of the KNVB Cup after losing to Sparta . I am just about to dot the I's and cross the T's with Feyenoord.

feye_zpsetpp6jd8.jpg

Iran however have qualified for Canada 2026 with a 100% record . Mexico , Iran , Turkey , Israel make up Group F . Iranian Media say tough group I say it could have been a whole lot worse given we have been in the world top twenty for nearly two years now and entered as second seeds , its as bout as easy as it gets . I did however lose to Mexico in a friendly (world 5) prior to the draw to end my chances of double perfect year. It would have been a 21st fixture in a row with a win but wasn't too be , given most of them are against sub standard opposition .

Given the number of people who have either managed or to varying degrees are fond of the national team, it seems unlikely that no one has managed in Holland before, but you may be right. I had the leagues loaded for a long time while I was managing the national team. Anyway, KW Man, it sounds as though like me you're holding challengee's vicarious dreams in your sweaty palms.

Jambo - Welcome to the challenge. I hope you'll get sucked into it. It's probably possible to get a top flight South African team if you wait, but others have had lots of success with Santos, and I think the Premier League is their natural habitat, so hopefully you'll make quick work of promotion. I've done the whole challenge in top leagues. God, I miss promotion.

Brettney - Not sure if I said it before (maybe it my post that I lost before sending) but it will be good when you finally unseat those Munchens.

Earl - Congrats on the African CL.

MIH Cookie - Hope that you're on your way to copying Earl; if not surpassing him.

JDD - Looking forward to your tales of Stevenage and beyond.

Did one of you say that you had taken over saint Etienne? Was I imagining that? Oh it was Busta saying that they weren't big enough for him. Oh well, I admit Valencia are bigger, though they're one of the few teams I wouldn't manage (because I dislike the city so much) I was managing St Etienne at the close of my lost save, although I've been able to course correct internationally and get the job at Brazil (again) after disappointment at the '42 World Cup again.

Busta - I appreciate how easy it is to get fed up with the challenge; especially when you're going through a barren spell after success. there was a week in July when I seemed to be gaining a landmark each day, but then I lost in the final of the Confederations Cup, and the years 2040 - 2042 have been devoid of success, (and bear in mind I've played those 2 seasons twice). Hang in there.

Kaiserwatman I don't recall anyone doing the Dutch league on here, so you might be the first. Best of luck, you're already at the most beautiful club known to mankind :)

I was one season with Ajax 2025/26 won Eresdivisie, Dutch Cup and Europa League. But I was with Ajax from the start of the season.

I will also take part of this challenge.

Persik - Indonesia - Season 2014-2015

This is my information. 20 years old, no badges and Sunday league football experience like requested.

My first job takes me to Indonesia, where I became the manager of Persik. Didn't expect to start with a team in the Premier league as a manager without any experience, but I'll take it. The board asked me to have a mid-table finish and the media predicted a 15th place.

We started very shaky at the season, and finished the first half of the season around 10th place. The second part of the season was completely different, and we only suffered 2 losses. This incredible run moved us up to 2nd place. Just incrdible.

Table

Games 1

Games 2

Than we had also the Indonesian cup. This cup started only in 2015, so it started when we were in incredible shape. We didn't notice any difficulties until the final. The final was against Borneo, a team that finished well below us, and I was very confident that we would get an easy game, again. It seemed that the team thought the same, and we were 1-0 down before the game actually started. We were nowhere in the first half, and we were Lucky that it was only 1-0 down at half time. The second half was a completely different afair, but it took us until 10 minutes before the end of the game to take the lead. The game ended at 2-1 and we took the first ever trophy of the team in the history. My first trophy won in my first year. Only 31 trophies left. ;)

Because we didn't qualify for the Asain champions league I will resign the day after the cup final.

Club

1/10 domestic cups: Indonesian cup

International

0/2 world tournaments

Thanks TheEarl.

After almost 4 months I have a new. Meet the new manager of Wuzhou. A Chinese second division team. Maybe it looks like a step down, but I have a good feeling at this new opertunity. China is a much bigger and better country. 5 games to go and only 1 point clear. This can be a very short job. ;)

mayihavecookie's Challenge, Season 7

Season 2020/21

150px-Kaizer_Chiefs.svg.png

Kaizer Chiefs - South African Premier Soccer League

League Table | Schedule 1 | Schedule 2 | Schedule 3 | Schedule 4 | SA Cup | Manager Profile

It was an almost perfect season. I used the summer break to invest in the depth of my squad, and I brought in some real reinforcements on the wing back positions and central midfield. We started with a 2-0 win in the Be The Coach Challenge against Orlando Pirates, then went on with 5 wins in the league and three in the Super Eight Cup (making us reach the final) before SuperSport United proved again to be our bogey team. They beat us in the Super Eight Final, as well as the first round of the South African KO Cup three weeks later. It should be our last defeat for the season though.

We made 87 of a possible 90 points in the league, won 29 games and lost only to Chippa f***ing Utd in the 6th round. We scored 91 goals and conceded 18, two times we were losing a game 0-1 until the 90. minute and managed to win with two goals in injury time. The biggest win was a 8-2 at home against Orlando Pirates. We secured the title with 5 games to go and finished 24 points ahead of Orlando Pirates on 2nd. It was a great season and I enjoyed it a lot.

In the SA Cup we beat Dynamos, Ajay CT, Swallows, Bloem Celtic and finally Tuks in the Final. In the Champions League we had some fun: 15-0 on aggregate in the Preliminary Round against URA (Uganda), 11-1 on aggregate in the 1st Round against Simba (Tanzania) and 4-2 in the 2nd Round against Kano Pillars (Nigeria). Then we were drawn in a group with Etoile du Sahel (Tunisia), TP Mazembe (DR Congo) and Raja Casablanca (Morocco). We played three games so far and won all of them. I am confident that we will be able to win this tournament.

Player of the Year: From last years champions SuperSport Utd we brought in 19-year old right wingback Thabiso Mdluli for £1.2M. He had an amazing season, playing 23 league games with 3 goals, 9 assists and 5 PoMs with an average rating of 8.00! He even made it to the South African squad for the African Cup of Nations, were they finished 3rd.

In the Qualifications for the African Cup of Nations we played Lybia, Angola and Niger and qualified with 18 points from 6 games, which means we won every single game in the year 2020. In the Cup of Nations we were drawn in an easy group with Cape Verde (3-1), Zambia (3-0) and Morocco (2-2). The board's goal was to reach the Final, mine obviously was the title. In the last group game we had some tough luck with the injuries of our goalkeeper Carlos Kameni and star striker Vincent Aboubakar who had been absolutely crucial for us in the Qualifications.

Still, Algeria was no match in the Quarter Final (4-0), neither was South Africa in the semis (4-0).

In the Final we played defending champions Ivory Coast, still without Kameni and Aboubakar. Ivory Coast scored the 1-0 after 20 minutes with a Free Kick by top scorer Maxwel Cornet, but we equalised only 2 minutes later with a fast counter-attack finished by Patrick Ekeng. Franck Etoundi put us in the lead after 84 minutes and we were almost there, but Cornet equalised with a header after 89 minutes, so we had to go the extra time. I was confident though, as Ivory Coast had to go to extra time two times before in this tournament while we were never really challenged. And sure enough, we took the lead again with a volley by Collins Fai after 114 minutes and didn't let it slip anymore.

I was thinking about resigning after the African Cup of Nations win, but with no other national team job available I decided to stay and qualify for the 2022 World Cup. I don't think we can compete there, but you never know. In the World Cup Quals we won three more games against Benin (two times) and Senegal and qualified for the next round after five of six group games.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season       Club           Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014    CHN  Renhe          11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
2015    CHN  Renhe          2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
2016    CHN  Renhe          1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
2017    KOR  Chunnam        2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
2018    KOR  Jeonbuk        1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
2019/20 RSA  Kaizer Chiefs  2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won SA Cup
2021/21 RSA  Kaizer Chiefs  1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018   South Korea                               Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked 6.2.19
2019   Cameroon                                  Joined 17.2.19
2020   Cameroon      
2021   Cameroon                    Won    

Challenge Progress

Club
3/10 top domestic leagues (China with Renhe, South Korea with Jeonbuk, South Africa with Kaizer Chiefs)
3/10 domestic cups (China with Renhe, South Korea with Jeonbuk, South Africa with Kaizer Chiefs)
1/5  club continental championships (Asia with Chunnam & Jeonbuk)
0/1  club world championship

International
1/5  continental tournaments (African Cup of Nations with Cameroon)
0/2  world tournaments

I was one season with Ajax 2025/26 won Eresdivisie, Dutch Cup and Europa League. But I was with Ajax from the start of the season.

Ah, I missed that. Maybe because it was Ajax you were managing ;) It's actually very much possible to win European cups with Dutch squads (CL within 3 or 4 seasons), unlike reality. Unless regulations change, Feyenoord (2002) will stay the last winner. Too bad, but we have adapted to the olympic thought now :(

vikeologist The difference was that St Etienne was in bottom position with a mediocre squad and no money, where Valencia was at least safe, with decent players and finances. And I can confirm what you're saying; I had a hard time continuing during periods of drought. It's not a problem when I don't win anything, but there has to be growth or a well-functioning team. I don't have the energy to stick with a team that I don't like, just for the possibility to cross off a cup in the future. Right now, I joined Lazio and I like my team, so I like the challenge again. Besides, I lost the 'wanting to finish this someday' mindset and now the 'road to' itself beats the goal. I'm probably not going to buy FM16 so I should be committed for some more months :)

And welcome Bartrcm!

Thanks BustaRaymes.

Good luck to everyone, and some players have made allready a very good progress. I won't be any near completing this challenge before FM16, but after all my attempts at youth challenges I'm have a lot of fun with this one.

Wuzhou - Chinese second division - 2015

My second country is China. My only goal was to keep Wuzhou safe at the end of the season, and we did it. I think my team will have a big make-over, to reach our goal next season of a mid-table finish.

Games: I took charge with 5 games to go. 2 wis and 3 losses aren't that great, but I could see who can stay next season, and in wich area's we need new and better players.

Final standings:

After my first game there was also a youth intake, and we had some good prospects.

Our finances are terrible at the moment. We had to pay out 240k on bonusses at the end of the season, and we only gain 85k for our final standing. This is something to take care of before the start of next season. I'll try to give to better players new contracts without these bonusses.

Club

1/10 domestic cups: Indonesian cup

International

0/2 world tournaments

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season         Club           Pos   Cup       DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
2014    IND  Persik           2nd  WINNERS    n/a    n/a     Cup-winners
2015    CHN  Wuzhou           13h  n/a        n/a    n/a     Took over with 5 games to go

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

2014     -
2015     -

Basically you just need to wrap the CODE /CODE tags around the text.

But try quoting one of the posts that use it (without posting it!). Then you can see how others have done it and copy that... ;)

Basically you just need to wrap the CODE /CODE tags around the text.

But try quoting one of the posts that use it (without posting it!). Then you can see how others have done it and copy that... ;)

Thanks dllu

Season 2070/71 - Manchester City

2W653Ga.png

League | Schedule Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3

Even when I managed AS Monaco with a tycoon owner, I didn't get to spend the money that I did at Man City in the summer of 2070. A ridiculous £74m was lavished on the squad, reaping immediate rewards as we improved markedly to finish 3rd in the Premier League, but with Chelsea more than 20 points ahead it seems that vast more quantities will have to be invested if I'm to bridge that gap - or indeed make inroads in Europe, as Benfica stunned us in the First Knockout Round of the Champions League.

The highlight of the campaign, called out by the board even late in the season, was an unexpected triumph in the European Super Cup: City's first win in the competition since all the way back in 2034. But for that to be the highlight, you have to disappoint elsewhere and indeed we did, also exiting both domestic cups early. The Champions League qualification was the priority this year and keeps me in the job with a new one-year extension signed, but we need to improve markedly on every front next year. Happily I am very content with our squad, have already lined up two good Bosman additions, and will be able to spend this year's (hopefully again mega-sized) transfer budget on a handful of genuinely world class players to give us the edge in the very biggest of games.

Will I finish before FM16? I think it's going to be close :)

Challenge Progress

Club

7/10 top domestic leagues (ARG, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, USA)

8/10 domestic cups (AUS, BRA, ESP, FRA, IND, ITA, KOR, MEX)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa, Asia, N.Am., S.Am.)

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, Asia, Europe, N.Am., S.Am.)

2/2 world tournaments (WC, Confed.)

Seasons

CLUB CAREER
                               Leagues        Cups
Season        Club           1st      2nd    1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC   Other & Notes
2014/15  RSA  Ajax CT        12th                                     Took over with 3 games remaining, in 15th
2015/16  RSA  Ajax CT                         R2   R1                 Sacked after 16 games, in 16th
2016/17  AUS  Wanderers       6th             QF
2017/18  AUS  Wanderers                       won                     Sacked after 22 games, in 10th
2018/19  IND  Dempo                           GS                      Sacked after 19 games, in 11th
2019/20  IND  Bengaluru       6th             SF   F
2020/21  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F
2021/22  IND  Bengaluru       1st             GS   won  CC R2
2022/23  IND  Bengaluru       2nd             won  F    CL Q3E
2023/24  IND  Bengaluru                                 CC QF         Resigned after CC QF defeat/before league season
2024     KOR  Jeju            5th             SF
2025     KOR  Jeju            8th             SF
2026     KOR  Jeju            8th             QF
2027     KOR  Jeju                            QF                      Left for Pohang after 32 games, in 7th
2027     KOR  Pohang          5th             won                     Took over with 6 games remaining, in 5th
2028     KOR  Pohang                                    CL GS         Sacked after 16 games, in 5th
2028     KOR  Jeonbuk         5th             SF                      Took over with 20 games remaining, in 7th
2029     KOR  Jeonbuk                         R4                      Sacked after 35 games, in 7th
2030     KOR  Jeju                                                    Left for Wellington after 16 games, in 4th
2030/31  AUS  Wellington     10th
2031/32  AUS  Wellington     10th
2032/33  AUS  Wellington      7th
2033/34  AUS  Wellington                                              Left for Perth after 4 games, in 6th
2033/34  AUS  Perth           9th                                     Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2034/35  AUS  Perth           7th
2035/36  AUS  Perth           5th/SF
2036/37  AUS  Perth                                                   Left for Seoul after 12 games, in 2nd
2037     KOR  Seoul           1st             SF        CL won  3rd
2038/39  MEX  Chivas          6th/SF  3rd/ F  QF  won
2039/40  MEX  Chivas         11th     2nd/QF            CL won
2041     USA  New York        1st/won         R4
2042     BRA  Internacional   5th     1st/won won                     Reached 1,000 games in management
2043     BRA  Internacional           1st/won SF        CL QF         Left for Lanus after 34 national games, in 7th
2044     ARG  Lanus           6th             R5        CS P2E
2045     ARG  Lanus                           R5                      Left for Velez after 15 games, in 11th
2045     ARG  Velez           4th/1st                   CS QF    F    Took over with 14 games remaining, in 1st
2046     ARG  Velez           5th/4th         R7        CL won   won
2047     ARG  Velez           1st             R7        CL QF
2049/50  FRA  Monaco          4th             F   R4    EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2050/51  ITA  Inter           4th             F         EL KR2
2051/52  ITA  Inter                                                   Sacked after 16 games, in 14th
2051/52  ITA  Lazio           8th                                     Took over with 21 games remaining, in 12th
2052/53  ITA  Lazio                                                   Sacked after 5 games, in 17th
2054/55  RSA  Wits           10th                 R1                  Took over with 12 games remaining, in 13th
2055/56  RSA  Wits                            R1  R1    CL won   5th  Left for Valencia after 29 games, in 8th
2056/57  ESP  Valencia        7th             R5        EL GS         Sacked after final game of season
2057/58  FRA  Monaco          3rd             SF  F     EL won
2058/59  FRA  Monaco          2nd             SF  R4    EL F
2059/60  FRA  Monaco          1st             won QF    CL R1
2060/61  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL QF
2061/62  ITA  Roma            3rd             R1        CL GS
2062/63  ITA  Roma            3rd             F         EL F          Reached 2,000 games in management
2063/64  ITA  Roma                            QF        CL QF         Resigned after 33 games, in 8th
2064/65  ITA  Lazio          10th             R1
2065/65  ITA  Lazio           9th             QF
2066/67  ITA  Juventus        1st             won       CL R1
2067/68  ESP  Valencia        2nd             QF        EL GS
2068/69  ESP  Barcelona       1st             won       EL R1
2069/70  ENG  Man City        7th             R3        EL won        Took over with 23 games remaining, in 10th
2070/71  ENG  Man City        3rd             R4  R3    CL R1

INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Rank         Cups
Year  Nation           FIFA  NL   World  Cont. Conf. Other & Notes
2032  Saudi Arabia      12                           Joined 11th Jul, 29th in FIFA Rankings
2033  Saudi Arabia      25
2034  Saudi Arabia      49         GS
2035  Saudi Arabia                        won        Resigned 4th Feb, 38th in FIFA Rankings
2036  Norway            61   C                       Joined 27th Jul, 54th in FIFA Rankings
2037  Norway            57
2038  Norway            44   B
2039  Norway            39                           Resigned 14th Nov, 39th in FIFA Rankings
2042  Tunisia           36                           Joined 20th Jul, 42nd in FIFA Rankings
2043  Tunisia                             GS         Resigned 27th Jan, 37th in FIFA Rankings
2047  South Africa      22                           Joined 17th Feb, 10th in FIFA Rankings
2048  South Africa      19
2049  South Africa                        won        Resigned 7th Feb, 19th in FIFA Rankings
2049  USA               14                           Joined 1st Aug, 9th in FIFA Rankings
2050  USA               19         GS
2051  USA                                 won        Resigned 30th Jul, 31st in FIFA Rankings
2052  Spain              9                           Joined 21st Jul, 7th in FIFA Rankings
2053  Spain             10  won                      Reached 1,500 games in management
2054  Spain              1         won               Left for Brazil 2nd Aug, 1st in FIFA Rankings
2054  Brazil            14                           Joined 3rd Aug, 13th in FIFA Rankings
2055  Brazil            15                GS
2056  Brazil             2
2057  Brazil             6
2058  Brazil                       R1                Sacked 15th Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2058  Spain              8   A                       Joined 21st Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings
2059  Spain             18
2060  Spain              2                won
2061  Spain                 won                 won  Resigned 9th Jul, 2nd in FIFA Rankings
2062  Brazil             6                           Joined 23rd Jul, 6th in FIFA Rankings
2063  Brazil                              won        Resigned 7th Jul, 8th in FIFA Rankings

NormandyWept - Wow 2070/2071! How old is your manager now? I've never gotten so far in a save so I have no idea, but does the game try to get you to retire? or even put hints in around your age?

My manager is 77 years old. He was previously described as "wily old manager", and it's now moved on to "eminent", and my "vast experience" is often mentioned :-)

I mostly seem to get one-year contract offers at this stage, although that may be down to the nature of recent clubs Juve/Barca/Man City rather than just my manager's age.

I'm hopeful of finishing before I'm 100 :D

Just want to say a quick welcome to new challenger BartRCM -- and as far as the CODE and your updates, if you like just go to my new update post which is on this page and hit "Reply With Quote" and just remove the quote tags and you can just alter my entire update to fit your purposes. The "Preview Post" and "Edit" will be your new best friends. We've all borrowed certain things from each other and mine is a pretty good compilation of all of them -- and with my challenge recently restarted it will be the easiest to do just a quick edit and go on.

If you feel the need, of course -- but no one will mind if you completely copy an update style that fits you best! Best of luck to you in the challenge!

-----

Also BIG Congratulations going out to mayihavecookie for his conquest of the South African Premier Soccer League and the African Cup of Nations with Cameroon!

I think I will also have much quality progress to report once my second season is finished as well! I may even give a mid-season update as I'm really shocked at how my Stevenage side has truly gelled and is starting to roll!

200px-Feyenoord_logo.svg_zpsiqdu0ycw.png

FEYENOORD 2025/26

So after almost a year out of club management I returned to a club in a bit of a pickle . Feyenoord had contrived to loose 7 of their opening 10 games were out of Europe and the KNVB Cup. The talent was there very much so albeit quite a young inexperienced side who were predicted to finish 2nd but somehow what was happening on the training pitch was simply not been translated on match days and results. After a couple of rocky games confidence started to rise and Feyenoord regain their aura and wins started been chalked up in quick succession. In the end a 7th place finish along with entry into the Europa Cup for winning the play-off finals in a very dong dong battle tie v previous champions AZ Alkmaar. Ajax are champions and favourites once again but will be looking over their shoulder all the way as they know Feyenoord are back with avengance providing they manage to hold onto some of the talent which larger clubs are looking at currently.

wc2026ir_zpsltamlcsv.jpg

2026 was also the year of my first world cup campaign as Iran took their place amongst the world elite in Canada. A 2-2 draw with Turkey in the opening fixture gave us confidence tho Mexico had who had previously beaten Iran in a friendly proved two strong and convincingly won 2-0. This lead me to need Mexico to do me a favour by beating Turkey and for me to beat Israel who were the groups cannon fodder to progress. They left it late but found their win as Israel were hammered 6-0 by a rampant Iranian side. Cameroon who had previously lost twice to Iran in recent years were hampered by an early red card and were easily dispatched to setup a quarter final with Belgium. The end of the road but quite a campaign as Romelu Lukaku scored the winner to send the Belgians through.

England defeated Denmark in the final whilst previous champions Italy finished 3rd. Pretty happy with quarter finals given only Argentina managed to get that far also outside of Europe which dominated proceedings.

I will continue on for another season in Tehran at least , not too bothered about the WAFF Championship coming up but will be a useful training regime heading into the Asian Nations Cup in January. Looking at the results over the past two / three years it will be pretty much a toss up between South Korea and Iran for the title but I guess anything can happen in tournament football.

Challenges completed:

Club

2/10 domestic leagues : Liga I (Dinamo Bucharest 2020) , K League (Jeju United 2024)

1/5 champions leagues : Asia - (Jeju United 2024)

International

3 minor Trophies: Israeli National Division (Hapoel Rishon LeZion 2016) , Cupa Ligii (Dinamo Bucharest 2020) , WAFF Championship (Iran 2024)

Managerial career clubs:

2022/23 : Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk - Sacked

2023/24 : Jeju United - Champions , Asian Champions League Winners

2025/26 : Feyenoord - 7th in League

2018 Ghana - Qualified easily for African Cup of Nations

2019 Ghana - Won African Cup of Nations

2023 Iran - Qualifed easily for Asian Cup

2024 Iran - Won WAFF Championship

2025 Iran - Qualified for World Cup

2026 Iran - World Cup Quarter Final

Season 2031 – Kaizer Chiefs / Spain

After leaving Kaizer Chiefs I was unemployed for around 1,5 months. I wanted a club in Asia that could win their league and fight for Champions League title. Guangzhou, Jeonbuk and Suwon looked like the teams with best potential atleast in terms of financial power. Suwon was the one of the three underperforming finishing only sixth in K League Classic 2030. Their manager was sacked and I applied for the job and got it straight away.

Board expectations Suwon: Above mid table finish, FA Cup not important. Not part of Champions League. Other requirements was to sign German players (chairman), Give youth a chance and play Attacking football. Later in the season we changed expectations to Title Challenge. Then intact with 2 games left of the season the board changed FA Cup expectations to Semi Final.

The club had the second best wage budget when I took over and I was given some 5M pounds for transfer budget as well, but most of wage budget was used already so I had to try and get rid of some old deadwood. Also in South Korea you can register 4 foreigners to play in the league, but 1 of them needs to be from another asian country. For the first part of the season I could only find 3 foreigners from any country, and only midway through the season I signed a decent Iranian midfielder.

The first player I signed was striker Mlungisi Seanego from Kaizer Chiefs. My legendary number 18 with 130 goals from 2,5 seasons at the Chiefs was hopefully going to bang in goals in Korea as well. I got a really good Korean midfielder from Ajax and a decent centre back from Jeonbuk. It all seemed well and even though not as dominant as with Chiefs with took the lead in the league early on. Together with Seanego upfront the club already had a Bolivian 19 year old striker Diego Melgar who netted 17 goals in 17 games. Then I realized the wondered only worth 400K had a minimum release fee of just 1,3M , I tried to renew his contract but he kept claiming he wanted a new challenge. No less than 16 british teams went in to bid for him with Cardiff running away with the player. Luckily I found a decent striker at Man.City available for loan and took him together with buying another Korean midfielder as we lacked dept in midfield.

In Korea you play 3 times against all other teams in the league 12 teams so initial 33 games, then the league splits to top 6 and bottom 6 groups with another 5 games for a total of 38 games, much like the scottish league system. After 22 games the top of the table looked like this:

Suwon 22 16-4-2 62-28 52

--------------------------------

Chunnam 22 12-7-3 46-36 43

Busan 22 11-7-4 38-26 40

Pohang 22 22 10-7-5 38-22 37

The later part of the season we lost a few more games especially after loosing Melgar. Games against Busan and Ulsan was really though as we hardly ever won against these two teams. We won the 3rd round of FA Cup against a lower league side 12-0 but lost to Ulsan in 4th Round after a disappointing 1-2.

In the end the league was no danger though, we finished on 88 points, 14 points clear of Chunnam. Pohang claimed 3rd another 7 points behind. We scored 105 goals but conceded as many as 48. Singe was by far top goalscorer netting 35 in the league and 36 total for the season.

At my best I had an overall board confidence of 88%, and was given a new contract. I managed to talk the board away from signing German players and also from Give youth a chance, but kept the Attacking football. Next season we will be in Champions League, hopefully we can win on the first try and then I will leave this league. If all goes well I would like to win the FA Cup also as I need more cup titles.

Star players:

Top goalscorer: Mlungisi Seanego - 36 goals

Top performer: Kim Huyn-Ho - 7,66 Av.rat

Top assists: Kim Nam-Woo - 16 assists

With Italy we won the Nations League, and qualified easily for Euro Championships 2032 after 7 wins and 1 draw (away to Ukraine).

--------------------------------------------

Challenges completed:

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues (Brazil,Italy,England,France, Mexico (Apertura/Clausura), Holland, Germany, Spain, South Africa, South Korea) COMPLETED!

9/10 domestic cups (Italy,English FA, English League Cup, French League Cup, Brazil, Holland, Spain, South Africa KO Cup, South Africa FA Cup) 7 different nations

4/5 club continental championships (Europe, S.America, N.America, Africa)

1/1 club world championship (Roma)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa)

1/2 world tournaments (World Cup with France and Paraguay)

13 minor Trophies: FA Trophy (England), League Two (England), Johnstone Paint Trophy (England), Italian Super Cup, Euro Super Cup, European Nations League (France 2 times, Italy), French Champions Trophy, Europa League (both with Paris SG, Ajax and Dortmund), Sao Paulo State Championship, Be The Coach (South Africa), Super 8(South Africa), African Super Cup, African Confederations Cup.

Competitions won more than once: UEFA Champions League won twice (Roma 2 times). Brazilian Serie A won twice (International and Corinthians), Mexican League won both Apertura and Clausura (America MEX), World Cup (France, Paraguay), SA Premier League (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA KO Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times), SA FA Cup (Kaizer Chiefs 2 times)

Managerial career clubs:

2014/15 Bristol Rovers Played in Vanarama Conference, took over at 18th position, won FA Trophy, quarter final of Johnstone PT, reach 1st round proper of FA Cup. Finished 2nd in Vanarama Conference and got promoted. Manager of the month in Vanarama Conference 3 times.

2015/16 Bristol Rovers Played in League two, league winners, promoted (obviously), won Johnstone PT, reached 3rd round proper of FA Cup, and 1st round of League Cup. Left club at end of season. Manager of the year in League Two, Manager of the month in League Two 4 times.

2016/17 Brighton Played in Championship for the whole season, finished 2nd, reached 6th round of FA-Cup and 2nd round of League Cup, promoted. Manager of the year in Championship.

2017/18 Brighton Played in Premier League, left the club in march sitting in 11th position and knocked out of FA-Cup in 4th round and League Cup in 4th round, club finished 8th in Premier League with new manager.

2017/18 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, took over club in march at 8th position and already out of DFB Pokal, finished 6th but was banned from Europa League due to failing FFP.

2018/19 Wolfsburg Played in Bundesliga, finished 2nd in the league to Schalke 04, but lost in the 3rd round of DFB Pokal to Dortmund. Left the club at the end of the season.

2019 Internacional Played in Brazilian Serie A. Took over after 7 games in 12th position, won the league (first club landmark), was already out of the cup, and lost in 2nd Preliminary round of Copa Sudamericana. Manager of the year in Brazilian Serie A.

2019/20 Roma Played in Serie A, took over in 13th and finished 2nd to Juventus, lost the TIM Cup final to Juventus, won UEFA Champions League. (second club landmark)

2020/21 Roma Played in Serie A, won the league (third club landmark), TIM Cup (fourth club landmark), Italian Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and Club World Championship (fifth club landmark), but lost Euro Super Cup to Arsenal. Manager of the year Serie A.

2021/22 Man.City Played in Premier League, won the league (sixth club landmark), FA-Cup (seventh club landmark), League Cup (eight club landmark), Euro Sup Cup, but lost the Champions League final on penalties to Chelsea. Manager of the year in Premier League, manager of the month 6 times.

2022/23 Paris SG Played in French Ligue 1, won the league (ninth club landmark), won French League Cup (tenth club landmark), lost 10th round of French Cup, knocked out in group stage of Champions League, but won Europa League, won Champions Trophy in France.

2023 Corinthians Played in Brazilian Serie A, took over in 5th, won the league, won the cup (eleventh club landmark), lost in quarter finals of Copa Libertadores.

2024 Corinthians Played in Sao Paulo State Championship, won the State Championship, won Copa Libertadores (twelfth club landmark), left the club in Brazilian Serie A as virtual league leaders after 8 games.

2024/25 America (MEX), Played in Liga MX, took over in Apertura Stage with 5 games to go in 2nd position. Won the Apertura League and the Apertura Playoffs (thirteenth club landmark). Won the Clausura League and Clausura Playoffs. Won the North American Champions League (fourteenth club landmark). Left the club at end of season.

2025/26 Ajax, Played in Eresdivsie. Won the league (fifteenth club landmark), won the Dutch Cup (sixteenth club landmark), won Europa League. Left the club at the end of the season.

2026/27 Dortmund, Played in Bundesliga. Won the league on goal difference (seventeenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of DFB Pokal, won Europa League. Manager of the year in Bundesliga. Didn't leave club at end of season, but applied for other jobs.

2027/28 Real Madrid, Played in La Liga. Won the league (eighteenth club landmark), won Copa Del Rey (nineteenth club landmark), lost in quarter final of Champions League. Spanish Manager of The Year. Left the club at the end of the season.

2028/29 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league (twentieth club landmark), won SA KO Cup (twentyfirsth club landmark), won SA FA Cup (twentysecond club landmark), won Super 8, won Be the Coach, currently top of group in Confederations Cup. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2029/30 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League. Won the league, won SA KO Cup, won SA FA Cup, won Super 8, won Be The Coach, won African Confederations Cup, won African Super Cup, currently top of group in Champions League. 8 times Manager of the Month. Manager of the Season.

2030/31 Kaizer Chiefs, Played in South African Premier League, Won Be The Coach, Won Super 8, Won African Champions League (twentythird club landmark). Resigned at top of the table, club went on to win 6 titles that season.

2031 Suwon, Played in K League Classic, Won the league (twentyfourth club landmark), lost in 4th Round of FA Cup. Qualified for Asian Champions League.

2017 Ivory Coast Took over in march after nation had being knocked out at group stage of African Nations. Qualified easily for World Cup.

2018 Ivory Coast Took just 1 point in group stage of World Cup. Qualified easily for African Nations.

2019 Ivory Coast Won African Nations (first national landmark) then resigned from the job.

2020 France Took over in july after nation had being knocked out in 2nd round of UEFA Euro Nations. Won group stage of Nations League.

2021 France Won Nations League, qualified for World Cup with maximum points.

2022 France Won World Cup (second national landmark)

2022 Brazil lost Superclassico de Americas

2023 Brazil lost in quarter finals of Copa America, sacked.

2024 France joined but resigned without playing any games.

2025 Paraguay joined in 6th position of World Cup Qualifying, qualified in 3rd position. Joined at 62nd position of World Rankings.

2026 Paraguay, Won World Cup, left the nation as number 1 in the World Rankings.

2026 France, joined in 10th position on World Rankings, won group stage of Nations League

2027 France, won Nations League, played 2 games of Euro Championships Qualifiers so far. Currently 7th in World Rankings

2028 France, Qualified easily for Euro Championships. Knocked out in 2nd round of Euro Championships by Ukraine. Left Nation before getting sacked as 11th in World Rankings.

2028 Spain, joined nation as 3rd in the World Rankings. Relegated to Nations Div. B.

2029 Spain, Qualified for World Cup with 9 wins out of 10.

2030 Spain, Knocked out of World Cup at Quarter Finals by Germany after extra time. Sacked at 12th in World Rankings.

2030 Italy, Took over in 3rd in World Rankings, qualified for finals of Nations League

2031 Italy, Won Nations League, Qualified easily for Euro Championships, currently 4th in World Rankings

Archived