[FM 2016] Ultimate Stars and Legends Game (1880's to 2016)

Just to point out to people that this does work with certain other editor data files, but you obviously have to be careful using ones that have editing any kind of player data as they may clash with Fenech's db. Any transfer updates or attribute adjustment files will cause problems with Fenech's db. However SortitoutSi's real competition names and licensing fixes should work fine, as does any media source additions (by this I mean files that have added more regional newspapers, websites, journalists etc to the db).

edit: And also it isn't necessary to delete your whole graphics folder, just the facepacks as kit and logo graphics will still work fine also.

Thanks for this information. :thup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My front four is Cristiano Ronaldo,maradona,best and Ronaldo.gary Neville was on a youth contract and as I was over my wage budget i couldn't offer him a new deal,swansea offered him a deal and he went there.only got two million compensation for him.hope no one comes in for Hughes.

Gary is on a youth contract, but it doesn't run out till 2017, i guess that doesn't stop another club approaching to sign... everyone under 18 is on a youth contract. I am so surprised he left because he loves the club.. fingers crossed no one else leaves...

What i would advise is secure your contracts first and then go and make signings. Always do that because they are like new signings too. Who got him? It would of taken alot for him to leave as he loves the club.

Hi Fenech great work with this database. Enjoyed the 2014 version and this one is proving to be more immersive. Just a quick question what skin are you using on the players you have been screenshotting?

some real gems out there, two lesser nation euro CB's i've noticed that have world class stats. lovely jubbly

Yes so much time has elapsed between 1880 and 2016 that some of the clubs which were bigger back then are not even existing or in lower divisions today.

Gary is on a youth contract, but it doesn't run out till 2017, i guess that doesn't stop another club approaching to sign... everyone under 18 is on a youth contract. I am so surprised he left because he loves the club.. fingers crossed no one else leaves...

What i would advise is secure your contracts first and then go and make signings. Always do that because they are like new signings too. Who got him? It would of taken alot for him to leave as he loves the club.

He went to swansea in the end.

Downloaded this and it's really well made for such a large undertaking, big well done on that. I must say though there are some very strange picks for Everton. Amokachi, Brian Kidd, Fellaini, Gravesen and Pienaar should be nowhere near that 25 (I'm assuming Stones is just there as a youth prospect or something otherwise the same goes for him). In their place looking at our historical greats you'd really need to be looking at Amokachi and Kidd out for two of Tommy Lawton, Bob Latchford and Graeme Sharp, Fellaini and Gravesen out for Colin Harvey and Peter Reid and Pienaar out for Alex "The Golden Vision" Young, the guy's pretty much a god to older Everton fans. I get that you like to have some recent players in there but with a club like Everton that's won a buttload of trophies in its history but nothing other than a single FA Cup for coming on 30 years it's natural that the vast majority of the players come from our more distant past rather than the last decade.

I'm guessing it's too late to make any changes for this version but if you make an FM17 version they're ideas to keep in mind.

Just started my proper save with this and made my first signing for Sheffield Wednesday, Zico :)

Also in negotiations with Hagi and Djalma Santos (sold Nilsson to PSG). Missed out on Stanley Matthews though, he's just gone to Liverpool.

Downloaded this and it's really well made for such a large undertaking, big well done on that. I must say though there are some very strange picks for Everton. Amokachi, Brian Kidd, Fellaini, Gravesen and Pienaar should be nowhere near that 25 (I'm assuming Stones is just there as a youth prospect or something otherwise the same goes for him). In their place looking at our historical greats you'd really need to be looking at Amokachi and Kidd out for two of Tommy Lawton, Bob Latchford and Graeme Sharp, Fellaini and Gravesen out for Colin Harvey and Peter Reid and Pienaar out for Alex "The Golden Vision" Young, the guy's pretty much a god to older Everton fans. I get that you like to have some recent players in there but with a club like Everton that's won a buttload of trophies in its history but nothing other than a single FA Cup for coming on 30 years it's natural that the vast majority of the players come from our more distant past rather than the last decade.

I'm guessing it's too late to make any changes for this version but if you make an FM17 version they're ideas to keep in mind.

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for your support and I appreciate it. First of all I do agree with you and I apologise for perhaps letting Everton down in this department. I am still making updates so it's not too late for this version at all. I must admit, Everton was one of the clubs that I wanted to improve, perhaps i just got over excited that you had Dixie Dean and Lineker and certainly Everton seems to have a great team, but you are right, Leave it with me and I will look to adopt your suggested changes which I agree with, I do think Everton should be better given their history but when you undertake a massive project like this, you do miss one or two players, those players will be in the next update. Leeds were another club I thought should be better but then I realised its just they have one of the youngest average ages, under 20 and thats a team that will develop into the 70's side. I am pleased you like the work and there is no point making a legends and stars game if your not going to do it properly, and i made sure of that before release. Leave it with me and ill bring out an update in due course. :thup:

Just started my proper save with this and made my first signing for Sheffield Wednesday, Zico :)

Also in negotiations with Hagi and Djalma Santos (sold Nilsson to PSG). Missed out on Stanley Matthews though, he's just gone to Liverpool.

Wednesday to win the league! Finney? Yes Hagi, great player :) Sounds like the title could be on its way to Sheffield! :lol:

Wednesday to win the league! Finney? Yes Hagi, great player :) Sounds like the title could be on its way to Sheffield! :lol:

Yes, I need to add more attacking midfielders as my central midfield is a bit too defensive at the minute and I want to play free flowing attacking stuff. I've moved Megson on to Newcastle which is paying for his replacement Gheorghe Hagi but I also have Kay (who will be my Regista) and Carlton Palmer (whom I created myself) in the squad so need to add more flair to the middle of the pitch. Sheridan and Carbone needed competition! I've shortlisted Finney as I am looking for another inside forward. Jairzinho is under consideration too. I'm selling Ellis Rimmer as he's too much of an out and out winger and I need someone who can play more of an inside forward role. Same goes for Wille Henderson too but he's just so good I'm going to have to keep him! I have Waddle (I stole him when making a few tweaks with the editor before I started, my favourite Wednesday player ever) on the left and Henderson on the right as it stands.

There's just so many attacking midfielders and strikers to choose from, I kinda just wanna play a 0-5-5 formation :D

Won my first friendly 8-1 so exciting times ahead. This database is so much fun, I find myself spending hours just browsing through all the legends you've created rather than just actually playing the game, my shortlisted must have about 50 names on it already :D

That's great to hear, look forward to the next update!

I didn't realise it had the managerial greats in it too, feel a tad guilty kicking Howard out of the bosses chair in my save now :D

Yes it has many managerial and chairman greats too! :) Yes How could you??

Yes, I need to add more attacking midfielders as my central midfield is a bit too defensive at the minute and I want to play free flowing attacking stuff. I've moved Megson on to Newcastle which is paying for his replacement Gheorghe Hagi but I also have Kay (who will be my Regista) and Carlton Palmer (whom I created myself) in the squad so need to add more flair to the middle of the pitch. Sheridan and Carbone needed competition! I've shortlisted Finney as I am looking for another inside forward. Jairzinho is under consideration too. I'm selling Ellis Rimmer as he's too much of an out and out winger and I need someone who can play more of an inside forward role. Same goes for Wille Henderson too but he's just so good I'm going to have to keep him! I have Waddle (I stole him when making a few tweaks with the editor before I started, my favourite Wednesday player ever) on the left and Henderson on the right as it stands.

There's just so many attacking midfielders and strikers to choose from, I kinda just wanna play a 0-5-5 formation :D

Won my first friendly 8-1 so exciting times ahead. This database is so much fun, I find myself spending hours just browsing through all the legends you've created rather than just actually playing the game, my shortlisted must have about 50 names on it already :D

I'll be look at wednesday too in the next update... and hopefully add some more players.. :) Yes and with so many sweepers too, one of the great things is that you can try all those old formations and sweeper formations too.

I'll be look at wednesday too in the next update... and hopefully add some more players.. :) Yes and with so many sweepers too, one of the great things is that you can try all those old formations and sweeper formations too.

I've always wanted to try a libero in FM but they're just aren't many suitable candidates in the real life database (or sweepers for that matter). Won't work with my current formation but now at least with Matthaus and Beckenbauer around again I can give it a go :)

Arsenal finally sign that top class defensive midfielder that everybody can see (except Wenger) they've needed for years :D

Darren%20Bridge_%20%20Leagues%20in%20Focus_zpsp9ldaxwi.png

I've always wanted to try a libero in FM but they're just aren't many suitable candidates in the real life database (or sweepers for that matter). Won't work with my current formation but now at least with Matthaus and Beckenbauer around again I can give it a go :)

Arsenal finally sign that top class defensive midfielder that everybody can see (except Wenger) they've needed for years :D

Darren%20Bridge_%20%20Leagues%20in%20Focus_zpsp9ldaxwi.png

There used to be so many top class sweepers, its a dying breed today but they are all back now, so you can really try out those libero formations used effectively by west germany in world cups gone by!

Yes Deschamps! Makelele too. Great Signing there, Bet Wenger is Jealous. lol He is coming to terms with being back in Monaco! :lol: He wasn't going to get into Arsenal ahead of Herbert Chapman, so Monaco was the logical place for him.

There used to be so many top class sweepers, its a dying breed today but they are all back now, so you can really try out those libero formations used effectively by west germany in world cups gone by!

Yes Deschamps! Makelele too. Great Signing there, Bet Wenger is Jealous. lol He is coming to terms with being back in Monaco! :lol: He wasn't going to get into Arsenal ahead of Herbert Chapman, so Monaco was the logical place for him.

Not sure if this is a data issue but I just checked and Wenger quit Monaco to become France manager in the first week of my save? It says that Aime Jacquet left on the 1/8/2014 after joining on the 1/7/2015 and was in charge for a total of -334 days!

Not sure if this is a data issue but I just checked and Wenger quit Monaco to become France manager in the first week of my save? It says that Aime Jacquet left on the 1/8/2014 after joining on the 1/7/2015 and was in charge for a total of -334 days!

Yes he had retired as a non player and i missed it and of course wenger took the chance to leg it from monaco! However monaco did get a full team of legends and stars so not sure why he is running! I'll fix this in the next update.

Ferguson also left Aberdeen within a few days of the save starting, he's gone to Valencia which is a little disappointing. Was looking forward to see what he could do with the Aberdeen side and now he's immediately jumped ship to Valencia, a team he has no ties to and hasn't even got a full compliment of legends.

Ferguson also left Aberdeen within a few days of the save starting, he's gone to Valencia which is a little disappointing. Was looking forward to see what he could do with the Aberdeen side and now he's immediately jumped ship to Valencia, a team he has no ties to and hasn't even got a full compliment of legends.

That one is strange. He really likes being a manager of Aberdeen, I guess he feels he is too good to stay in Scotland and sees Spain as a higher reputation league, as you can imagine he is ambitious and even though Valencia didnt have a full team of legends and stars, they still have quite a few and are a higher reputation club.. so i do understand it. Or maybe he looked at Celtic and Rangers and said I am getting out of here. lol

Benitez also left Napoli in the first week to take over the Spain job. Not so much a big deal that one, though maybe you could create a legendary manager for Spain to stop top managers leaving their clubs for the national job so soon into the save.

I've got the In-Game Editor download for FM so I might put Ferguson back at Aberdeen and see if he stays there this time. Will also put a suitable manager at Valencia so I don't have to restart my save.

i ran a holidayed season last night, deals are quite cheap. is this intentional? i.e highest transfer was bale 24mil. most were between 8 and 14

yes that is intentional, the very best and fully developed players are worth about 20m now and it goes down in a very mathematical scale from there, so we did go back to a time when transfer fees and wages were cheaper and that is because this has to represent all the years since 1880 and also its much more fun, no point of a legends and stars game if you can't afford them. Also remember the flip side is that when you sell, you dont get as much either. It is the same internationally in the key countries in order to ensure equality around the main parts of the world where the legends and stars are congregated.. What i like is that you can buy players and afford them but also you can sell players too. The economy is booming and that is exactly what I tried to create and it has been successful... So i am pleased about that.

Yeah, it's a good thing I suppose because it means you can afford to sign a few legends straight of the bat. Stanley Matthews went to Liverpool for £29 million in the biggest deal of my save so far, though I did manage to sell Jack Allen to Wolfsburg for 28 million. In the 2014 db Stoke wanted £200 million for Matthews so this makes things slightly easier!

I am having a slight issue with wages though. Because Fenech has set the starting wages quite low (relatively speaking considering most players are CA 180+) and short contracts to stimulate the market it means I don't actually have anywhere near enough wage budget to offer contract extensions to my squad. Most players ask for at least £100K p/w in wages and for many that means 200% pay increases meaning just signing a couple of legends or offering new deals to a tiny handful of my players completely decimates my wage budget.

Could potentially see a lot of clubs in money problems down the line or lots of players being released because clubs simply can't afford their wage demands. Won't know this until I get a lot further into my save though.

Yeah, it's a good thing I suppose because it means you can afford to sign a few legends straight of the bat. Stanley Matthews went to Liverpool for £29 million in the biggest deal of my save so far, though I did manage to sell Jack Allen to Wolfsburg for 28 million. In the 2014 db Stoke wanted £200 million for Matthews so this makes things slightly easier!

I am having a slight issue with wages though. Because Fenech has set the starting wages quite low (relatively speaking considering most players are CA 180+) and short contracts to stimulate the market it means I don't actually have anywhere near enough wage budget to offer contract extensions to my squad. Most players ask for at least £100K p/w in wages and for many that means 200% pay increases meaning just signing a couple of legends or offering new deals to a tiny handful of my players completely decimates my wage budget.

Could potentially see a lot of clubs in money problems down the line or lots of players being released because clubs simply can't afford their wage demands. Won't know this until I get a lot further into my save though.

Yes, I have tried to lower the wage expectations for players, and i have started players on wages based on these 'new lower expectations' but my problem is this part of it didn't go as i expected & the agents are greedy and demand more, i guess they still look for the 100k mark for some of the top more developed players, and i agree this can be restrictive for some clubs, the first thing i would do is offer the youths the contracts, because everyone has a contract till 2017, and then try and make a few signings. I have found I was able to do this in my testing without any problems, However i might try and raise the wages / wage budgets slightly higher in the next update to give a little more room for maneuver here. :thup:

I suppose it did work to an extent because at least its not 250k a week! lol

Good news, you'll obviously have more info when people have gotten further into their saves. Hopefully it won't be an issue or at least won't be one that causes you a lot more work.

Back to my save, the preseason tour of Singapore is going well.... :D

Sembawang%20v%20Sheff%20Wed_%20Pitch%20Split_zpsamdyjp0f.png

Good news, you'll obviously have more info when people have gotten further into their saves. Hopefully it won't be an issue or at least won't be one that causes you a lot more work.

Back to my save, the preseason tour of Singapore is going well.... :D

Sembawang%20v%20Sheff%20Wed_%20Pitch%20Split_zpsamdyjp0f.png

I don't think it will be an issue but i would still like to adjust it slightly :)

Great Result! :lol:

Well done Fenech, absolutely incredible database again. Loving it!

Think I'll try and create a Boro team myself for personal satisfaction, but I fear I'll screw it up or overrate some players etc.

I've said it before, the FM14 version was the best database I've ever played...well now it's been topped by this years. Fantastic work and much appreciated.

Well done Fenech, absolutely incredible database again. Loving it!

Think I'll try and create a Boro team myself for personal satisfaction, but I fear I'll screw it up or overrate some players etc.

I've said it before, the FM14 version was the best database I've ever played...well now it's been topped by this years. Fantastic work and much appreciated.

Thanks so much and you are welcome!, It is better than 2014 and I am very happy with that because 2014 was a tough act to follow.. I am sure you will be able to build a great team for Boro and get them winning trophies again. :thup:

What sort of ideas do you have in mind for the update? Is it adding more full teams to the UK leagues or are you looking to build up foreign teams too? I'm more than happy to provide some suggestions with the foreign teams if you'd like and haven't already done so?

What sort of ideas do you have in mind for the update? Is it adding more full teams to the UK leagues or are you looking to build up foreign teams too? I'm more than happy to provide some suggestions with the foreign teams if you'd like and haven't already done so?

At the moment I am doing some of the East Germans i missed and i have list of players i wanted to get done. but just wanted to release so that people can start to enjoy playing it. My idea for the update is more players, foreign and at home and where possible I will be implementing it, I have already finished quite a few east germans e.g. and also plan to fix any small things i missed, if i can get in a few more championship teams like watford and boro then great, and id like to bring back the double winning champions preston north end and i am also bringing back the 1930 Uruguayan World Cup winning team. Then we can finally find out what would have happened if they had played the 1934 Austrian Wunderteam :thup:

At the moment I am doing some of the East Germans i missed and i have list of players i wanted to get done. but just wanted to release so that people can start to enjoy playing it. My idea for the update is more players, foreign and at home and where possible I will be implementing it, I have already finished quite a few east germans e.g. and also plan to fix any small things i missed, if i can get in a few more championship teams like watford and boro then great, and id like to bring back the double winning champions preston north end and i am also bringing back the 1930 Uruguayan World Cup winning team. Then we can finally find out what would have happened if they had played the 1934 Austrian Wunderteam :thup:

Ah, okay, it continues to grow, excellent. You could finally just sit back and relax, leaving it exactly how it is and it'd remain and amazing piece of work. I've done stuff like this myself before, on this game and others, I've done quite a lot of research on past players and teams because I'm kinda like you in the way of wanting EVERYONE in haha. So if you ever need any ideas just let me know. I'm a big fan of foreign football, especially Italian.