[FM 2016] Ultimate Stars and Legends Game (1880's to 2016)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TEAM: CHELSEA

MEDIA PREDICTION: 5

MANAGER: JOSE MOURINHO

CHAIRMAN: HENRY AUGUSTO MEAR

TOP PLAYER: GIANFRANCO ZOLA

C1_zpsmf9mpf7v.png

theres a few players left out here i'd have added

Peter Sillett - Stanley Matthews discribed him as the best full back he'd ever played, part of the chelsea team that won the league in 55.

Marcel Desailly, guessing hes at milan but i think he was appriciated alot more by chelsea fans and certainly when i think chelsea cbs i think terry and him

Stan Willemse was voted chelseas best ever left back.

Charlie Cooke, one of chelseas best ever wingers had two spells with the club

Peter Osgood, nicknamed the king of Stamford Bridge

Jimmy Greaves, i assume hes at spurs which is fair enough

And Di Matteo i assume is at lazio?

I dont want to be critizing you have done an amazing job, i just feel the chelsea team is abit underwelming, and i think theres alot better players out there then kenedy, david luiz and Ramirez

I'd love tosee the derby team if possible?

What was your philosophy for guys like Dave Mackay, he was Obviously a massive influence in derbys league winning side but ofc he was 34 when he joined derby

Also is anelka in it and were would u put that guy he was everywhere.

TEAM: BRAZIL

MANAGER: Telê Santana

TOP PLAYER: PELE

b3_zpsaqtvxpwx.png

Oh dear wasnt brazils tactics to out score the other team cause there back 4 wasnt the best :/ now they have the same attackers with cafu thiago silva reberto carlos andluis periera behind them.... think its time to park the bus

theres a few players left out here i'd have added

Peter Sillett - Stanley Matthews discribed him as the best full back he'd ever played, part of the chelsea team that won the league in 55.

Marcel Desailly, guessing hes at milan but i think he was appriciated alot more by chelsea fans and certainly when i think chelsea cbs i think terry and him

Stan Willemse was voted chelseas best ever left back.

Charlie Cooke, one of chelseas best ever wingers had two spells with the club

Peter Osgood, nicknamed the king of Stamford Bridge

Jimmy Greaves, i assume hes at spurs which is fair enough

And Di Matteo i assume is at lazio?

I dont want to be critizing you have done an amazing job, i just feel the chelsea team is abit underwelming, and i think theres alot better players out there then kenedy, david luiz and Ramirez

Peter Sillet is a good one, I might do a bit of research on him.

Desailly is at Nantes and Chelsea would have no issues buying him

Stan willemse, i will do some research on

Charlie Cooke is in the squad. :)

Peter Osgood is at Southampton and it is one i have thought about.

Jimmy Greaves is at Spurs and i did think about it.

Di Matteo is at Lazio.

Here is what i am going to do.

I will put Di Matteo in and take out Kenedy

I am actually going to move Luiz over to PSG or earlier and replace him with Desailly

And I will replace flo with osgood and give southampton an equal if not greater replacement.

thanks for bringing up these points and i agree but charlie cooke is in the squad.

i will update the screenshot later today. :thup:

I'd love tosee the derby team if possible?

What was your philosophy for guys like Dave Mackay, he was Obviously a massive influence in derbys league winning side but ofc he was 34 when he joined derby

Also is anelka in it and were would u put that guy he was everywhere.

I have not done derby in this update.

Dave Mackay is at Spurs

Derby have Roy McFarland but that is it.

If i do more teams in the future, Derby is on my radar.

Anelka is at PSG aged 18

Di Matteo is at Lazio.

I am actually going to move Luiz over to PSG or earlier and replace him with Desailly

And I will replace flo with osgood and give southampton an equal if not greater replacement.

thanks for bringing up these points and i agree but charlie cooke is in the squad.

Cheers mate, I really can't empasize enough i don't mean it as a criticism you really are doing an amazing job

Oh dear wasnt brazils tactics to out score the other team cause there back 4 wasnt the best :/ now they have the same attackers with cafu thiago silva reberto carlos andluis periera behind them.... think its time to park the bus

You might find that as this game includes players from 1880 - 2016, they might have had a few decent defenders in that time :)

Cheers mate, I really can't empasize enough i don't mean it as a criticism you really are doing an amazing job

Thanks and your welcome. I dont see it as criticism, i think it is helpful and i made the changes because i agreed with them, if i didnt agree i would have just said and explained why... :)

Great job with the Sheffield Wednesday squad again. :thup:

The only glaring omission I can really see is you've once again forgotten David Hirst, the only other player to get into our famous Roland Nilsson team. http://i.imgur.com/tEfhJte.png.

And not so much glaring omissions but I'd also include Kevin Pressman and Carlton Palmer, both modern day Wednesday legends. Pressman spent 19 years with us, making nearly 500 appearances. Also Carlton Palmer might be the subject of a few jokes and is unfairly picked out as the poster boy for Graham Taylor's disastrous reign but us Wednesday fans know his true worth. A great box-to-box player on his day, his gangly legged style didn't look pretty but it was very effective and he was a very important player for us in the early 90s, the last time we had a team capable of competing at the top of the Premier League. It was also with us that he won his 18 England caps. Obviously this means more work for you so it wouldn't bother me if they ended up at the bottom of your list as I'd add them myself anyway.

Also, how has Zico not made it in to the Brazilian squad?!

Great job with the Sheffield Wednesday squad again. :thup:

The only glaring omission I can really see is you've once again forgotten David Hirst, the only other player to get into our famous Roland Nilsson team. http://i.imgur.com/tEfhJte.png.

And not so much glaring omissions but I'd also include Kevin Pressman and Carlton Palmer, both modern day Wednesday legends. Pressman spent 19 years with us, making nearly 500 appearances. Also Carlton Palmer might be the subject of a few jokes and is unfairly picked out as the poster boy for Graham Taylor's disastrous reign but us Wednesday fans know his true worth. A great box-to-box player on his day, his gangly legged style didn't look pretty but it was very effective and he was a very important player for us in the early 90s, the last time we had a team capable of competing at the top of the Premier League. It was also with us that he won his 18 England caps. Obviously this means more work for you so it wouldn't bother me if they ended up at the bottom of your list as I'd add them myself anyway.

Also, how has Zico not made it in to the Brazilian squad?!

The problem those players have is that Sheffield Wednesday historically have had a rich past and long before your time there was better players who played for them and they are a squad which can really make a challenge for the european cup places (top 4) if not the title lol media prediction 6th. With all due respect to kevin pressman, Ron Springett and Jack Brown were better, there is a case for carlton palmer but he wouldn't make the squad much better, i get that he was a wednesday legend. he wouldn't get in the team because wednesday had one of the best midfielders in the world, in tony kay and in my opinion john sheridan was better, again not much in it. All the squads are perfectly tuned and balanced just as they were in 2014.

My aim here isnt just to bring back players who were legends for the club but we are talking about the best ever 25ish since 1880 to play for wednesday and while there is a strong case for putting carlton in the squad, he wouldn't make the team, but i will if i have the chance before release.

Wednesday now do have paolo di canio as well.

In terms of ZICO, clearly i need to change the brazil manager before i release... :thup:

Yes I understand all that which is why I said it wouldn't bother me if they weren't priorities for you as I'll just add them to my own game anyway. They're clearly not as good as the players already in the squad (although tbf to Carlton his ability was very similar to Megson, certainly no worse, in their respective spells at the club) but I like to bulk my squad up with back ups for the inevitable injury crisis. Pressman as a youth player (joined us as a teenager) makes a good 3rd choice and Carlton makes a good addition to the midfield as back up as we only have 3 natural central midfielders in the squad.

But this is all my personal preference and something I can easily do myself. I would say Hirst should definitely be in the squad though.

Yes I understand all that which is why I said it wouldn't bother me if they weren't priorities for you as I'll just add them to my own game anyway. They're clearly not as good as the players already in the squad (although tbf to Carlton his ability was very similar to Megson, certainly no worse, in their respective spells at the club) but I like to bulk my squad up with back ups for the inevitable injury crisis. Pressman as a youth player (joined us as a teenager) makes a good 3rd choice and Carlton makes a good addition to the midfield as back up as we only have 3 natural central midfielders in the squad.

But this is all my personal preference and something I can easily do myself. I would say Hirst should definitely be in the squad though.

Those are all fair points, i will try to get them in there, but if i dont before release, i will research and make them in a update..

Hirst would not get in the team ahead of Di Canio, david mclean, jack allen...

So he would also be a good player for the squad but not ahead of those players above who were all better. :thup:

Fair enough, KUTGW.

I noticed in your screenshots that Puskas is at Honved, I'm sure he was at Real Madrid in your 2014 db. Have Honved signed him in your test save or have you replaced him at Real with a different player?

Fair enough, KUTGW.

I noticed in your screenshots that Puskas is at Honved, I'm sure he was at Real Madrid in your 2014 db. Have Honved signed him in your test save or have you replaced him at Real with a different player?

Thanks I really appreciate it.

According to my records, Puskas was at Honved in 2014... :thup:

Real Madrid have a full squad. i wouldn't worry about them. How about this for an attacking line up?

Alfredo Di Stefano

Santiago Bernabéu Yeste (the stadium is named after him)

Raúl González Blanco - no intro needed

Emilio Butragueño Santos

Santillana

And they can easily buy him, Puskas would be happy to go to madrid and jump at the chance of playing for them if you wanted to sign him, he remembers and likes madrid. Actually its a good point though, there is no reason why he can't be at madrid, and i may well move him there before the release :)

Really, my mistake then. I could have sworn he was at Madrid :D

He might have been, because back in 2014, after i released the game, i did move a few players about so i cant remember for sure, anyway he is in madrid now.. :thup:

exciting stuff, more more more!!!

where is gerson?

man utd's CM's look light

Gérson is 18 at Flamengo in Brazil

That's because they have 2 MC's but they also have 2 DMs

So they are balanced if they play one DM and one MC or they can play 2 MCs or 2 DMC's because Bryan robson, bobby charlton, nobby stiles, david beckham, can all play the CM position, so when you see the different positions they squad can play, then you would not think they were light there... :thup:

Fenech could you please give Arsenal Kenny Sansom at left back instead of Cashley Cole , also no Liam Brady ? and Maybe John Radford or Paul Merson instead of Brian Kidd as Kidd only played 77 games in two years for Arsenal .. he was at Man U for 11 years 203 games

Di Matteo is at Lazio.

some ideas for Southampton striker

England.gif Mick CHANNON

Wales.gifRon DAVIES

England.gif Bill RAWLINGS

England.gif Derek REEVES

Scotland.gif George O'BRIEN

Fenech could you please give Arsenal Kenny Sansom at left back instead of Cashley Cole , also no Liam Brady ? and Maybe John Radford or Paul Merson instead of Brian Kidd as Kidd only played 77 games in two years for Arsenal .. he was at Man U for 11 years 203 games

i have give cashley to chelsea and kenny to arsenal. Liam brady would struggle to get into the arsenal squad and i don't want the squads too big so every team has a fair chance so i've shipped brady to sampdoria. john radford is available on a free when the game starts. paul merson instead of brian kidd. Done. :thup:

i have give cashley to chelsea and kenny to arsenal. Liam brady would struggle to get into the arsenal squad and i don't want the squads too big so every team has a fair chance so i've shipped brady to sampdoria. john radford is available on a free when the game starts. paul merson instead of brian kidd. Done. :thup:

Thanks a lot :thup: