[FM 2016] Ultimate Stars and Legends Game (1880's to 2016)

1 minute ago, Bittah Dreamer said:

Ok this is getting infuriating. I started again working off the update you posted last night  checked Pele and Garay on your DB and both have their correct positions set.

i started creating my own players again being careful to make sure I had positions set, going back every now and then to double check them after a while. All good.

loaded a game after a while and noticed the same thing was happening (again to Pele, Garay and maybe 150-300 others) - but worse I noticed their attributes had been corrupted as well (it had happened on the first attempt I did as well but hadn't noticed). For whatever reason their current ability is either being raised or lowered so the game has to make adjustments when loading a game. E.g. Garay had his CA lowered so his mental were destroyed when the game loads, Pele had his CA raised to 220 which also meant he didn't load right as the game had to bring him back down to 200). 

These changes don't show on the editor unless I reload the DB. I looked back through the working saves I had made and the stat corruption seems to get progressively worse as I go. 

Anybody any any ideas what's happening?

Hi mate,

I don't know, but I think what might be happening, is that when you load up my database in your editor somehow it is messing up the players, not your fault, this is a bug in the editor, The best thing to do is to send me the players you want to create and i'll do them for you...

It is going to save you time and stress. Otherwise I am not sure why that is happening, you should be able to load up the editor and create the players carefully.

There is obviously an issue with touching the editor.... so sorry about that, but the best thing i can do is offer to create the players you want... and put them on my list.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fenech said:

Hi mate,

I don't know, but I think what might be happening, is that when you load up my database in your editor somehow it is messing up the players, not your fault, this is a bug in the editor, The best thing to do is to send me the players you want to create and i'll do them for you...

It is going to save you time and stress. Otherwise I am not sure why that is happening, you should be able to load up the editor and create the players carefully.

There is obviously an issue with touching the editor.... so sorry about that, but the best thing i can do is offer to create the players you want... and put them on my list.

Well my plan was to try and do updated squads for some of the Spanish teams, as they are a bit under represented outside of the big two. 

The plan was to do at least the following:

Deportivo

Valencia

Atletico Madrid

Sevilla

Athletic Club

i know you have some players covered here, but not complete squads. I had planned on managing Spain but wanted to fill it out with legends a bit more to make it more competitive. 

I realise that's not exactly a small task or something you can do too quickly. 

Edited by Bittah Dreamer

Just now, Bittah Dreamer said:

Well my plan was to try and do updated squads for some of the Spanish teams, as they are a bit under represented outside of the big two. 

The plan was to do at least the following:

Deportivo

Valencia

Atletico Madrid

Sevilla

Athletic Club

i know you have some players covered here, but not complete squads. I had planned on managing Spain but wanted to fill it out with legends a bit more to make it more competitive  

ok sure, i will do full 25 man squads for all those teams.

Manager: Sam Allardyce

Premiership: Media Prediction 13th 

including 6 members of the Bolton Team which won the 1958 F.A. CUP final against Manchester United!

b1.png

Edited by Fenech

Just some further feedback on the latest update:

Steve Clarke is listed as the manager of Valencia - should be Paco Ayesteran (or Rafa Benetiz or Hector Cuper possibly)

Manuel Pablo from Deportivo has had his age reduced but is still set to retire at the end of the season. His stats could probably go up a bit too to reflect his prime. 

David Albelda of Valencia has had his age reduced to 26 but is still listed as a non-player. 

If I spot anything else will let you know. 

19 minutes ago, Bittah Dreamer said:

Just some further feedback on the latest update:

Steve Clarke is listed as the manager of Valencia - should be Paco Ayesteran (or Rafa Benetiz or Hector Cuper possibly)

Manuel Pablo from Deportivo has had his age reduced but is still set to retire at the end of the season. His stats could probably go up a bit too to reflect his prime. 

If I spot anything else will let you know. 

no bother, i will be bringing clarke back as  a player anyway.

thanks for letting me know. I have added this to my list

8 minutes ago, Citizen Kane said:

buzz. did you add the everton legends the other bloke mentioned? hence linekar now @ leicester

No Everton had more than 25 anyway and i checked to see if there was enough cover... but it is my intention to work on Everton soon. 

A few thing's I've notice Fenech, which could do with updating/adding for the next update.

Puskas (who I moved back to Honved out of personal preference) is listed as two-footed, when he was very well known to only play with his left.

Likewise, Giacinto Falchetti is said to have favoured his right-foot, despite being a left-back. Can't remember how he is in the game, but it's not that.

In terms of managers I created:

Rinus Michels - made him the Dutch head coach, leaving Hiddink only in charge of PSV

Vic Buckingham - created the template for total football at Ajax with a fluid W-M formation - in charge of West Brom where he won the 1954 FA Cup/almost won the double

Bela Guttmann - legendary Benfica coach who helped create the 4-2-4 - in charge of Honved

Jimmy Hogan - worked with Meisl in Austria - in charge of Austria Wien, and set Meisl as Austria national team manager

Valeriy Lobanovskyi - one of the forefathers of high pressing and narrow 4-1-3-2 - in charge of Dynamo Kyiv/Ukraine

Carlos Bilardo - used 3-5-2 to win the World Cup with Argentina - in charge of Argentina

Sepp Herberger - won Germany's first ever World Cup and managed the Breslau-Elf - in charge of Germany, and created Helmut Schon as his assistant

Updates on managers you've created

There are a few other things I've noticed which could do with looking over changing regarding some of the managers you've created.

Tele Santana should have his favoured formation set to the 4-2-2-2DM

Enzo Bearzot and Helenio Herrera should have theirs set to 4-4-2SW as they both used sweepers

Matt Busby should have his as a 4-3-3, not a 4-4-2

Bill Nicholson should have his as a 4-3-3, with his preferred attacking formation as a 3-3-4 (annoyingly 3-3-4 cannot be set as a default as it was the system the double winning side played)

Jose Mourinho should have his set as a 4-3-3, as that was what Chelsea Mourinho played, rather than the 4-2-3-1 which is his default in the current database

Sorry if this all seems nitpicky, but the reason I love this database is the realism and effort gone into creating it, and just wanted to pick up on a few things I believe will improve it!

Going to hold off starting a proper long-term game until the final update is released!

Also, if you do plan on creating Watford for the next update, I can send you over an excel file with the squad I had planned to add to the game myself? It includes the DoB and positions for every player, so may reduce some work on you part?

5 hours ago, billybo_h said:

A few thing's I've notice Fenech, which could do with updating/adding for the next update.

Puskas (who I moved back to Honved out of personal preference) is listed as two-footed, when he was very well known to only play with his left.

Likewise, Giacinto Falchetti is said to have favoured his right-foot, despite being a left-back. Can't remember how he is in the game, but it's not that.

In terms of managers I created:

Rinus Michels - made him the Dutch head coach, leaving Hiddink only in charge of PSV

Vic Buckingham - created the template for total football at Ajax with a fluid W-M formation - in charge of West Brom where he won the 1954 FA Cup/almost won the double

Bela Guttmann - legendary Benfica coach who helped create the 4-2-4 - in charge of Honved

Jimmy Hogan - worked with Meisl in Austria - in charge of Austria Wien, and set Meisl as Austria national team manager

Valeriy Lobanovskyi - one of the forefathers of high pressing and narrow 4-1-3-2 - in charge of Dynamo Kyiv/Ukraine

Carlos Bilardo - used 3-5-2 to win the World Cup with Argentina - in charge of Argentina

Sepp Herberger - won Germany's first ever World Cup and managed the Breslau-Elf - in charge of Germany, and created Helmut Schon as his assistant

Updates on managers you've created

There are a few other things I've noticed which could do with looking over changing regarding some of the managers you've created.

Tele Santana should have his favoured formation set to the 4-2-2-2DM

Enzo Bearzot and Helenio Herrera should have theirs set to 4-4-2SW as they both used sweepers

Matt Busby should have his as a 4-3-3, not a 4-4-2

Bill Nicholson should have his as a 4-3-3, with his preferred attacking formation as a 3-3-4 (annoyingly 3-3-4 cannot be set as a default as it was the system the double winning side played)

Sorry if this all seems nitpicky, but the reason I love this database is the realism and effort gone into creating it, and just wanted to pick up on a few things I believe will improve it!

Going to hold off starting a proper long-term game until the final update is released!

Also, if you do plan on creating Watford for the next update, I can send you over an excel file with the squad I had planned to add to the game myself? It includes the DoB and positions for every player, so may reduce some work on you part?

Hi Billybo_h

Thank you for the feedback which is greatly appreciated. I will ensure all these points are looked at in time for the next update.

They are all excellent points. 

It is my intention to do Watford, so if you have any suggestions then I would be grateful if you send them over.

At the moment I am working on Hearts. Bringing back members of the team that won the scottish leagues and cups in 1891, 1896 and 1957-1959 including a few modern day hearts legends/stars, then there are a few things i need to work on, but we will get there, sooner rather than later.

So far in the championship we have burnley, wimbledon, portsmouth, norwich and we have also promoted leicester and bolton to the premiership so i think we are getting through the championship teams, and then i will do the rest of the bigger clubs around europe, I also want to include all the greatest staff of all time.

I will also be bringing back the Preston North End double winning champions, the invincibles before Arsenal and the only team to win the Double undefeated. and the 1930 Uruguayan World Cup winning teams.

As always any feedback no matter how small,, is greatly appreciated, with around 600,000 database changes and counting, there are bound to be some things we need to rectify and the whole point of this is that it is a work in progress but together with the help of the whole community we can continually make this even better so that when the final update is released, it is pretty much spot on! Once the final update is released there will be no more updates :thup: 

Edited by Fenech

Love the daily updates the last few days. Nice to see a new team popping up. 

One other bug I noticed was Edin Dzeko is back at Wolfsburg but his future transfer to Roma remains in place. Wolfsburg could definitely use him more than Roma!

The DB is understandably geared towards England but will be good to see the additional European teams done. Should make the DB more balanced and make the continental competitions more interesting. 

9 minutes ago, Bittah Dreamer said:

Love the daily updates the last few days. Nice to see a new team popping up. 

One other bug I noticed was Edin Dzeko is back at Wolfsburg but his future transfer to Roma remains in place. Wolfsburg could definitely use him more than Roma!

The DB is understandably geared towards England but will be good to see the additional European teams done. Should make the DB more balanced and make the continental competitions more interesting. 

Hi Bittah,

I have double checked and Edin does not have a future transfer arranged.

It is my intention to do the European clubs and redress any imbalance...

I realise that England and the United Kingdom is strong, but the key european teams have been done in full and I am going to ensure all the other top teams around europe are updated and completed too. :thup:

2 hours ago, Fenech said:

Hi Billybo_h

Thank you for the feedback which is greatly appreciated. I will ensure all these points are looked at in time for the next update.

They are all excellent points. 

It is my intention to do Watford, so if you have any suggestions then I would be grateful if you send them over.

At the moment I am working on Hearts. Bringing back members of the team that won the scottish leagues and cups in 1891, 1896 and 1957-1959 including a few modern day hearts legends/stars, then there are a few things i need to work on, but we will get there, sooner rather than later.

So far in the championship we have burnley, wimbledon, portsmouth, norwich and we have also promoted leicester and bolton to the premiership so i think we are getting through the championship teams, and then i will do the rest of the bigger clubs around europe, I also want to include all the greatest staff of all time.

I will also be bringing back the Preston North End double winning champions, the invincibles before Arsenal and the only team to win the Double undefeated. and the 1930 Uruguayan World Cup winning teams.

As always any feedback no matter how small,, is greatly appreciated, with around 600,000 database changes and counting, there are bound to be some things we need to rectify and the whole point of this is that it is a work in progress but together with the help of the whole community we can continually make this even better so that when the final update is released, it is pretty much spot on! Once the final update is released there will be no more updates :thup: 

I've attached the excel file, with all the players in it. I've changed the players' birth years to fit in line with the game, so everyone is in their 20s, and the positions are listed in order of strongest to weakest.

If it's too many players, I'd say get rid of Kevin Phillips and put him somewhere else (Sunderland maybe), as he's not really a Watford legend.

Obviously, chairman is Elton John, and manager is Graham Taylor. Some of his key traits should be:

Favoured formation: 4-4-2

Second favourite and attacking formation: 4-2-4

High focus on pressing, direct passing, width and plays very attacking football

This is a great website to find info about any Watford player you need, listed alphabetically by last name: http://www.watfordfcarchive.com/players/

Watford Classic FM.xlsx

Edited by billybo_h

2 minutes ago, billybo_h said:

I've attached the excel file, with all the players in it. I've changed the players' birth years to fit in line with the game, so everyone is in their 20s, and the positions are listed in order of strongest to weakest.

If it's too many players, I'd say get rid of Kevin Phillips and put him somewhere else (Sunderland maybe), as he's not really a Watford legend.

Obviously, chairman is Elton John, and manager is Graham Taylor. Some of his key traits should be:

Favoured formation: 4-4-2

Second favourite and attacking formation: 4-2-4

High focus on pressing, direct passing, width and plays very attacking football

Watford Classic FM.xlsx

Hi Billybo_ho

Thanks very much for this. 

I will of course do my research as well and come up with the best possible watford team since 1880

Elton will be chairman, and did you know Elton's cousin is in the game? :)

Roy Dwight at Fulham

Taylor the manager of course, this information really helps me speed things up.

Thanks for your time with this too... :thup:

Hi Fenech,

I know you've made reference to doing some Championship teams recently, just wondering if Boro are likely to be on your radar anytime soon? No worries if not, I appreciate there is probably not a lot of demand!

I tried creating for few players myself but this editing thing isn't for me, god knows how you have the patience to create a massive database like this!

Edited by UpTheBoro

2 minutes ago, UpTheBoro said:

Hi Fenech,

I know you've made reference to doing some Championship teams recently, just wondering if Boro are likely to be on your radar anytime soon? No worries if not, I appreciate there is probably not a lot of demand!

I tried creating for few players myself but this editing thing isn't for me, god knows how you have the patience to create a massive database like this!

Boro is on my list and they are coming back. i must be mad lol

but anyway, someone has to do it mate....

i just sent Geremi over to you and will be working on boro in the near future.

I am currently bringing back Hearts including players from 1891 1896 and every member of the 1957-59 league and cup winning players inc some modern hearts..

then watford and boro will be next...

1 hour ago, Fenech said:

Boro is on my list and they are coming back. i must be mad lol

but anyway, someone has to do it mate....

i just sent Geremi over to you and will be working on boro in the near future.

I am currently bringing back Hearts including players from 1891 1896 and every member of the 1957-59 league and cup winning players inc some modern hearts..

then watford and boro will be next...

Haha you definItely must be mad but there is at least 1 guy here that's glad to hear it :D 

Keep up the great work.

Edited by UpTheBoro

On 24/07/2016 at 11:20, Tobias Funke said:

Downloaded this and it's really well made for such a large undertaking, big well done on that. I must say though there are some very strange picks for Everton. Amokachi, Brian Kidd, Fellaini, Gravesen and Pienaar should be nowhere near that 25 (I'm assuming Stones is just there as a youth prospect or something otherwise the same goes for him). In their place looking at our historical greats you'd really need to be looking at Amokachi and Kidd out for two of Tommy Lawton, Bob Latchford and Graeme Sharp, Fellaini and Gravesen out for Colin Harvey and Peter Reid and Pienaar out for Alex "The Golden Vision" Young, the guy's pretty much a god to older Everton fans. I get that you like to have some recent players in there but with a club like Everton that's won a buttload of trophies in its history but nothing other than a single FA Cup for coming on 30 years it's natural that the vast majority of the players come from our more distant past rather than the last decade.

I'm guessing it's too late to make any changes for this version but if you make an FM17 version they're ideas to keep in mind.

Hello Mate

And so we come back to this...

Amokachi and Kidd are out because Tommy Lawton and Graeme Sharp are in.

You can't have Bob Latchford because he is going to Birmingham

You can't have The Golden Vision because he belongs to Heart of Midlothian

You can't have Peter Reid because he belongs to Bolton

I have taken out Fellaini and given you Colin Harvey.

If you think of anything else let me know. :thup:

50 minutes ago, Fenech said:

Hi izagooner

I can't see the link as it asks me to go in! then when i register it still doesnt let me see it. lol

Hi all,

this is something I worked on some time ago. Seeing as PSD is the most reliable source for Player Stats in the world ;) I came up with a calculation to convert PES Stats into Football Manager Stats.

PES Stats/ FM Stats:

97-99: 20
93-96: 19
90-92: 18
88-89: 17
86-87: 16
84-85: 15
82-83: 14
80-81: 13
78-79: 12
76-77: 11
75: 10
74: 9
73: 8
72: 7
71: 6
68-70: 5
65-67: 4
62-64: 3
59-61: 2
58: 1

I have found that this set works almost perfectly for all stats, with the exception of Att/Def, which I use a slightly different scale for.

As for the stats which have different classifications in Football Manager, here is how I aligned them.

Long Pass Accuracy ---> Crossing (Not technically correct, but I have seen it works fine enough, especially for wingers such as Valencia, Alves, Beckham)
Average of Shot Accuracy + Shot Technique ---> Finishing

Average of Crossing + Free Kicks ---> Corners
Average of Shot Accuracy + Shot Power ---> Long Shots

Defence ---> Basis of Marking and Tackling. However, I make changes according to what I know of the players, and Stars and PICs help a lot too.
Average of Shot Accuracy + Free Kicks + (Penalties*) ---> Penalty Taking

Response ---> Anticipation
Attack ---> Off the Ball

Defence ---> Positioning
Mentality ---> Determination

As for Condition/Fitness and Weak Foot Frequency/Accuracy:

8: 20 / (19, for weaker foot)
7: 17
6: 14
5: 12
4: 10
3: 7
2: 4
1: 2

4 minutes ago, izagooner said:

might help with some players who are hard to research maybe not for now but if you do fm17 version and include some of these http://www.pesmitidelcalcio.com/viewforum.php?f=23 10 pages of pre 1930s players some I know you have done but some really interesting players from way back lots of Hungarians ,danes and swiss in this link :thup:

That sounds like a good idea, there are some players who are hard to get enough research on but more often not, i can get the research done! Thanks for the link. :)

ok so it seems to get you quite far along to making a player but it dosent give you any help with person data attributes ... also no way to work out bravery , concentration , decisions , flair , leadership , vision and work rate also no long throws or first touch but it seems ok for most other things ,,, you just have to use other sources or some of the players on pes have short bios and special move cards as well that give you some extra info . it gets you to about 150 current ability so you could use it quite well to make wonderkids...... also absolutely no help with goalkeepers

Edited by izagooner

19 minutes ago, izagooner said:

ok so it seems to get you quite far along to making a player but it dosent give you any help with person data attributes ... also no way to work out bravery , concentration , decisions , flair , leadership , vision and work rate also no long throws or first touch but it seems ok for most other things ,,, you just have to use other sources or some of the players on pes have short bios and special move cards as well that give you some extra info . it gets you to about 150 current ability so you could use it quite well to make wonderkids...... also absolutely no help with goalkeepers

Just as i thought. lol   ;)

UPDATE TODAY

TO BE RELEASED TODAY

NOT LIMITED TO THE BELOW BUT HERE ARE SOME OF THE MAIN CHANGES:

* NEW 25 MAN HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN TEAM

* NEW 25 MAN WATFORD FC TEAM INCLUDING ELTON JOHN AS CHAIRMAN

* WATFORD TO START IN THE PREMIERSHIP WITH LEEDS FALLING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP 

* EVERTON IMPROVED

* UPDATE TO FINANCES SO THAT PLAYERS IN LOWER DIVISIONS OF THE SAME ABILITIES COST LESS MONEY TO PURCHASE, WHILST STILL REFLECTING THE PLAYERS ABILITY LEVEL

* REMOVAL OF TO MADIERA* AS DISCOVERED THAT HE WAS NOT A REAL PLAYER.

* LOTS OF CHANGES AS REQUESTED AND NEW PLAYERS ADDED

46 minutes ago, stotty1982 said:

Feel leeds should be in the premiership,they have a bigger history than watford

I do agree however Leeds team is very young, and therefore they are better suited to the championship at this stage.

The only reason leeds are not a premiership team is because their players are very young and they are predicted to finish last in the prem as a result of their youth. whereas watford go straight in at media pred 15th with a mature squad....