[FM 2016] Ultimate Stars and Legends Game (1880's to 2016)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

about how much you have left?

All i can confirm is that it will be finished this month. When i have a better idea as to which day, I will confirm in advance. I do appreciate your patience but it will be well worth the wait. :thup:

What about some lower league gems, like Lee Trundle (very technical player in his day) Tsigalko on CM 0102? or am I just being silly now.

It is a good point and if i could i would include all the lower league teams as well, but it is just not practically possible for one person to do, that's why i have focused on all the legends and stars from 1888 to the present day and believe me that is alot of players and even then i am aware that some players will still miss out. I can then either include them in a future update or hopefully have more time when and if i do another update on a future game. rather than focus on the small negatives, i want to focus on the positives.

Q: Will this version be better than it was in 2014?

A: Yes it will be much better because the advances in the editor has meant that everything can be 100% the way it is designed to be without any guesswork. There are more legends, none of today's significant players will be omitted. There are other improvements which include player personality and memory based on their careers. Players are slightly younger starting out over all so we can enjoy them more, it is going to be better than 2014 which was very successful.

So whilst i am sorry that i could do not all of the lower league gems, It is the most in-depth and detailed legends game with at least 1500 legends and stars and counting. The main thing at this time, is to crack on with it and deliver it this month. It will be much more fun to play and it will be the fittest football manager update ever released as well. it is also educational like the one in 2014 was too. The game is totally re-coded and there is nothing left to chance. you will be able to buy and sell and have the money to do so. Hopefully once the game is released, I will be on hand to fix any errors, and i imagine there may be one or two, but i am trying to make sure there are none! but it is inevitable, that one or two might escape me! like john aldridge being english or someone being on a million pounds a week and there will always be one or two players left out, and there will be the one where someone on twitter said, oh he's put frank lampard at west ham as a left back! yes but that wasnt a mistake, because that was his dad, and he was a left back who played all his life for west ham, so i made the suggested change and changes his name to frank lampard snr to save any confusion! so ill get in as much as i can and we will release this month and just hope people will have as much fun playing it as i am going to! :thup:

Fenech have you changed the youth rating so as to produce similarly talented players when these super stars retire ?

I think the game will have the blueprint of amazing legends and stars, and then combined with the encouragement to produce similar type players once they retire, should be lots of fun finding out but yes, i will be making adjustments. :thup:

You wouldn't want to make the youth ratings too good though. The appeal of this database is the inclusion of all the legends of yesteryear. Once you've got far enough into the save that they've all retired it just becomes another game. And the last thing you want is overpowered regens appearing too early and taking squad spots that could be used by the legends that Fenech has took so much time to painstakingly recreate.

You wouldn't want to make the youth ratings too good though. The appeal of this database is the inclusion of all the legends of yesteryear. Once you've got far enough into the save that they've all retired it just becomes another game. And the last thing you want is overpowered regens appearing too early and taking squad spots that could be used by the legends that Fenech has took so much time to painstakingly recreate.

I intend to keep it realistic, i may increase slightly but I won't be going overboard. :thup:

I have such respect for you for how much hardwork this must be. All I can do is be patient and know that it will be released this month (even if I am chomping at the bit to get this downloaded and played) :thup:

Thanks, it is very hard work and very time consuming but it will be worth the wait. i really appreciate that it is not easy to be patient, but it will be worth it. :thup:

I echo what supernovadragon said. I appreciate your hard work on this. I've said it before in this thread, but the FM14 version was the best database I've ever played and I'm sure this will be even better. I went into a full on depression when there was no FM15 version :p

So many players/teams I'm looking forward to but I would suggest you make Middlesbrough the best team on it, keep it realistic.

I echo what supernovadragon said. I appreciate your hard work on this. I've said it before in this thread, but the FM14 version was the best database I've ever played and I'm sure this will be even better. I went into a full on depression when there was no FM15 version :p

So many players/teams I'm looking forward to but I would suggest you make Middlesbrough the best team on it, keep it realistic.

I agree, it wouldn't be realistic otherwise! Boro' to win the league! Sorry about the no show for 2015, but i did so much work for the 2014 version that i needed a rest! :thup:

Really looking forward to this, can i ask if your making a facepack to go with this update could you make all faces in the same style as the very popular cut out versions :)

I will be releasing a full face pack on launch day with full instructions and i am doing all the photos made to measure myself like i did in 2014... obv more faces this time as more legends and stars. :thup:

I will be releasing a full face pack on launch day with full instructions and i am doing all the photos made to measure myself like i did in 2014... obv more faces this time as more legends and stars. :thup:

Yes thats great, but im asking will you make faces in the style of the CUT OUT version

Yes thats great, but im asking will you make faces in the style of the CUT OUT version

No, I am unaware of the CUT OUT version, but I will be making the faces myself in the style of their actual faces... :thup:

Oh, this mod looks very promising! :applause:

In which leagues exactly you will include legends to? Any hopes for the Brazilian League?

in every league, in every nation, the Brazilian league is full of them. :thup:

Fenech any chance of some screenshots of players ( maybe new ones in the db for the first time ) or some of the squads like you did with the 2014 version :cool: just to wet the appetite......:p

I will be doing that before the launch... once the teams are finished, i will be displaying the big clubs and some of the players here before release. :thup:

Imre Schlosser-Lakatos (11 October 1889 – 19 July 1959) was a Hungarian footballer of Danube Swabian ancestry. He still holds the record as the highest goalscorer in the history of the Hungarian League. :lol:

Schlosser made his debut for Hungary on 7 October 1906, aged 16 years, 361 days, in a 4-4 draw with Bohemia. In a national team career that would last more than 20 years, Schlosser played 68 times for Hungary (the team won 70% of the games in which they fielded Schlosser), and scored 59 goals, a ratio of 0.87 goals per match.[1]

In his club career, Schlosser reportedly scored 417 league goals, a number believed to be the sixth highest of all-time

Hungarian centre forward Imre Schlosser-Lakatos was one of the most prolific goalscorers in world football during the early years of the 20th century. In a playing career which lasted almost 25 years, he set a goalscoring record for the Hungarian national team which would last until the country's golden era of the 1950s and a record for the Hungarian league which still stands today, more than 80 years after his retirement.

This is just a taste of things to come.... He was doing Hungary long before puscas and co were on the scene, COMETH THE HOUR, COMETH THE SCHLOSSER!

imre_zps2mvpgwv1.png

Imre Schlosser-Lakatos (11 October 1889 – 19 July 1959) was a Hungarian footballer of Danube Swabian ancestry. He still holds the record as the highest goalscorer in the history of the Hungarian League. :lol:

Schlosser made his debut for Hungary on 7 October 1906, aged 16 years, 361 days, in a 4-4 draw with Bohemia. In a national team career that would last more than 20 years, Schlosser played 68 times for Hungary (the team won 70% of the games in which they fielded Schlosser), and scored 59 goals, a ratio of 0.87 goals per match.[1]

In his club career, Schlosser reportedly scored 417 league goals, a number believed to be the sixth highest of all-time

Hungarian centre forward Imre Schlosser-Lakatos was one of the most prolific goalscorers in world football during the early years of the 20th century. In a playing career which lasted almost 25 years, he set a goalscoring record for the Hungarian national team which would last until the country's golden era of the 1950s and a record for the Hungarian league which still stands today, more than 80 years after his retirement.

This is just a taste of things to come.... He was doing Hungary long before puscas and co were on the scene, COMETH THE HOUR, COMETH THE SCHLOSSER!

imre_zps2mvpgwv1.png

Does this mean you're almost finished...

You can even see the players ?

Yes I can see the players, once the research is completed, then the players are created, then they have to be tested as well. :thup:

I am doing all the player faces as well so you can even see them too.

I am waiting for update!

I will try not to keep you waiting too long but the update will not be launched until it is ready. And i will let you know in advance of the day and time of release. :thup:

imre_zps2mvpgwv1.png

Great stuff.

The great thing about mods like this is I actually learn stuff too, I love that you've done proper research into all the players. Even though I think I know a lot about world football this mod still seems to pop up with a few greats that I'd never previously heard of.

Also shows how much football we play these days and why records are always being broken. A 25 year playing career and a great like Schlosser only had 68 caps, Wayne Rooney's got 115 already ffs :D

Great stuff.

The great thing about mods like this is I actually learn stuff too, I love that you've done proper research into all the players. Even though I think I know a lot about world football this mod still seems to pop up with a few greats that I'd never previously heard of.

Also shows how much football we play these days and why records are always being broken. A 25 year playing career and a great like Schlosser only had 68 caps, Wayne Rooney's got 115 already ffs :D

You are spot on and it's a point I meant to make, In doing the research I have learned more about football history than i thought possible. This guy got 68 caps at a time when international games were very few and far between, to put into context, if he was playing today he would have close to 200 caps! And he still holds the record of highest hungarian goalscorer today despite the fact that its about 100 years since and they have had the likes of Puscas and co - this guy was their inspiration!

Wayne Rooney :lol: In 155 games for Ferencvárosi TC he scores 258 goals!!! Amazing and he then scores 141 goals in 121 games for MTK --- phenomenal and it is a pleasure to bring him back... :thup:

You are spot on and it's a point I meant to make, In doing the research I have learned more about football history than i thought possible. This guy got 68 caps at a time when international games were very few and far between, to put into context, if he was playing today he would have close to 200 caps! And he still holds the record of highest hungarian goalscorer today despite the fact that its about 100 years since and they have had the likes of Puscas and co - this guy was their inspiration!

Wayne Rooney :lol: In 155 games for Ferencvárosi TC he scores 258 goals!!! Amazing and he then scores 141 goals in 121 games for MTK --- phenomenal and it is a pleasure to bring him back... :thup:

I LOVE reading about the history, this is why I can't wait for this. The more I see, the more I learn :) thank you for the hardwork and I seriously can't wait for release day

I LOVE reading about the history, this is why I can't wait for this. The more I see, the more I learn :) thank you for the hardwork and I seriously can't wait for release day

Thanks, and it will be worth waiting for. I can't wait for release day too! I will probably have the whole week off. :thup:

imre_zps2mvpgwv1.png

Great job Fenech :applause:

[video=youtube;0xvPBPWseRM]

Quite possibly the greatest goalkeeper in Liverpool's history, the Ulsterman's Anfield career spanned an astonishing 22 years from his arrival in 1912 until he left in 1934. Had World War I not taken away four years of his professional career, Elisha Scott would undoubtedly have made many more than the 468 first-team appearances for his one and only English club.

In 1939 a survey was conducted among Liverpool supporters to name the greatest player Liverpool FC had ever had in their ranks. Elisha Scott’s popularity was such that he topped this prestigious list.

"Elisha was the greatest I've ever seen. You can have Swift, Trautmann, Banks, Wilson. You can have them all. I'll take Elisha Scott." - Dixie Dean.

Numerous stories about Scott exist in Liverpool folklore. One such story relates to a 1924 game, after Scott had just made a phenomenal save at Ewood Park against Blackburn. A man appeared from the crowd went over to Scott and kissed him. Scott was part of one of the legendary rivalries of the day along with Everton’s Dixie Dean. The two of them were the main topic of discussion when derby day was approaching - Everton declared that Dean would score whilst Liverpool disagreed, saying Scott wouldn’t let a single shot past. A famous story, possibly apocryphal, associated with the two men was that of how they once encountered each other in Belfast city centre the day before an Ireland versus England game. Dean, famed for his remarkable heading ability touched his hat and nodded to Scott as they were about to pass only for Scott to respond by diving as if to try to save an imaginary header, much to the initial shock and then delight of the locals who witnessed it while a mildly shocked Dean smiled and quietly continued on his walk.

Liverpool fans chant today, You will Never Walk Alone and Elisha Scott was the very first player they ever chanted for. He awoke The Kop and we have awoken him again!

Liverpools Finest Ever Keeper: Forget Hart, Forget Grobbelaar, Forget Southall -

Because None of them could hold a torch to ELISHA SCOTT!

Liverpool_zpsy5dfa9fz.png

[video=youtube;0xvPBPWseRM]

Quite possibly the greatest goalkeeper in Liverpool's history, the Ulsterman's Anfield career spanned an astonishing 22 years from his arrival in 1912 until he left in 1934. Had World War I not taken away four years of his professional career, Elisha Scott would undoubtedly have made many more than the 468 first-team appearances for his one and only English club.

In 1939 a survey was conducted among Liverpool supporters to name the greatest player Liverpool FC had ever had in their ranks. Elisha Scott’s popularity was such that he topped this prestigious list.

"Elisha was the greatest I've ever seen. You can have Swift, Trautmann, Banks, Wilson. You can have them all. I'll take Elisha Scott." - Dixie Dean.

Numerous stories about Scott exist in Liverpool folklore. One such story relates to a 1924 game, after Scott had just made a phenomenal save at Ewood Park against Blackburn. A man appeared from the crowd went over to Scott and kissed him. Scott was part of one of the legendary rivalries of the day along with Everton’s Dixie Dean. The two of them were the main topic of discussion when derby day was approaching - Everton declared that Dean would score whilst Liverpool disagreed, saying Scott wouldn’t let a single shot past. A famous story, possibly apocryphal, associated with the two men was that of how they once encountered each other in Belfast city centre the day before an Ireland versus England game. Dean, famed for his remarkable heading ability touched his hat and nodded to Scott as they were about to pass only for Scott to respond by diving as if to try to save an imaginary header, much to the initial shock and then delight of the locals who witnessed it while a mildly shocked Dean smiled and quietly continued on his walk.

Liverpool fans chant today, You will Never Walk Alone and Elisha Scott was the very first player they ever chanted for. He awoke The Kop and we have awoken him again!

Liverpools Finest Ever Keeper: Forget Hart, Forget Grobbelaar, Forget Southall -

Because None of them could hold a torch to ELISHA SCOTT!

Liverpool_zpsy5dfa9fz.png

Russian players have?:)

I just checked and cruyff is not weak compared to figo, but thanks for saying, its always good to check.

Blackburn are in the premiership and they already have a full team. I really appreciate the thought though :thup:

The Guarantee of the Ultimate Legends is that every player who is at a club, is at the club they were when they were that precise age and at the precise ability / potential they were when they were that age.... and it is all coded mathematically to perfection based on heavy research and historical records. Now i know Brian Clough was a phenomenal player albeit struck down early by injury, and we all know that he was an outstanding manager, probably the greatest this country has ever had, no one takes a club like derby to the championship and wins back to back European cups with Nottingham forest. So he can't be a Player Manager because this is a realistic legends and stars database and he was never a player manager, nor did he play and manage at the same clubs, so its practically impossible, so I have had to come to a choice as to whether he is a player or a manager, and in a new age world where we have every living star and legend back from 1888, he would be an amazing player but when you consider that back in those early days, teams shaped up in a 2-3-5 formations, there were many amazing legend and stars strikers who are coming back, and brian would prob be lost amongst them, up there with them, but not so much in the limelight, whereas as a manager, he is so much more needed to manage these players, and that is why i chose for him to manage nottingham forest who have a full team of legends and stars playing for them. but it is a great point, i did give it much thought, and i think brian himself would have chosen to be a manager back in his prime especially as he can renew his great rivalry with don revie and his vendetta against the dirty leeds team, both of which are back again as well. :thup:

Hi Timur, thanks for making a good point which has been made before but he won't be a player manager, I refer you to my previous answer above. :thup:

What database are you using as the base? 16.3?

I was doing a custom world league db in anticipation of this (based on one posted by chucklechuck, but a reduced number of leagues and teams to help run speed), using 16.3 so i'm hoping the files will be compatible.

I havent too much experience with the editor, so i was just wondering will the fact your DB has moved teams around leagues such as blackburn above clash with my file putting them in a new country entirely?

What database are you using as the base? 16.3?

I was doing a custom world league db in anticipation of this (based on one posted by chucklechuck, but a reduced number of leagues and teams to help run speed), using 16.3 so i'm hoping the files will be compatible.

I havent too much experience with the editor, so i was just wondering will the fact your DB has moved teams around leagues such as blackburn above clash with my file putting them in a new country entirely?

That is a good question and I am of course using the very latest patch as the base, the winter update...

The premiership includes clubs like Leeds, Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday, The return of WIMBLEDON, nottingham forest, burnley etc etc

I think it may well clash but i am not sure, and i think there are other members like kingrobbo who might be able to answer that more effectively, but yes i think it might clash, it might not be too much of an issue but the only way to find out otherwise is by trying it and seeing what happens. You can then make any fixes accordingly and hopefully it won't clash too much for you. Always keep a back up copy of the original editor just in case it doesnt work... Let me know what happens. :thup:

can u give us a preview on the teams in the prem and championship?

And which lower league team do u think can be the surprise world beaters in the db? like maybe a huddersfield?

There will be a preview of teams in the prem, and also the key teams around the world before the launch date.

Naturally there are some great players in the championship and other second divisions around the world, however it is impossible to do all the championship teams in full for this release, i can tell you that Portsmouth and Norwich both have full teams. Some of the other teams like QPR, Stoke have some great players.

lower league teams, well preston have a few great players, tom finney e.g and john aldridge is at oxford. i think they will struggle tbh, as the prem is full of legends and stars so for any team in the lower leagues to get up and survive would be a major achievement, and that's the same across the world. there may well be some regional teams, second, third division even, in counties around the world coming right up and rising once again and yes of course huddersfield currently have ray wilson and alex jackson. stoke as well will be a force with the likes of matthews, leigh roose, franklin, bould and co, Leicester currently have Shilton Banks, what a pair for that championship team, they also have Linekar, McLintock and McAllister, QPR have Seaman, Les Ferdinand, Raheem Sterling, Charlie Shaw, Stan Bowles and Dave Thomas, Bolton currently have Nat Lofthouse and Gary Cahill, Ipswich have John Wark and Terry Butcher currently, Crystal Palace have Kenny Samson, Clyne, Ian Wright, Gareth Southgate, Nigel Martyn, Vince Hilaire, Stan Collymore, Zaha, West Brom include Bobby Robson among their ranks, I am not going to name them all, but there are many great players in the championship and divisions below but only portsmouth and norwich have full teams.. :thup:

There will be a preview of teams in the prem, and also the key teams around the world before the launch date.

Naturally there are some great players in the championship and other second divisions around the world, however it is impossible to do all the championship teams in full for this release, i can tell you that Portsmouth and Norwich both have full teams. Some of the other teams like QPR, Stoke have some great players.

lower league teams, well preston have a few great players, tom finney e.g and john aldridge is at oxford. i think they will struggle tbh, as the prem is full of legends and stars so for any team in the lower leagues to get up and survive would be a major achievement, and that's the same across the world. there may well be some regional teams, second, third division even, in counties around the world coming right up and rising once again and yes of course huddersfield currently have ray wilson and alex jackson. stoke as well will be a force with the likes of matthews, leigh roose, franklin, bould and co, Leicester currently have Shilton Banks, what a pair for that championship team, they also have Linekar, McLintock and McAllister, QPR have Seaman, Les Ferdinand, Raheem Sterling, Charlie Shaw, Stan Bowles and Dave Thomas, Bolton currently have Nat Lofthouse and Gary Cahill, Ipswich have John Wark and Terry Butcher currently, Crystal Palace have Kenny Samson, Clyne, Ian Wright, Gareth Southgate, Nigel Martyn, Vince Hilaire, Stan Collymore, Zaha, West Brom include Bobby Robson among their ranks, I am not going to name them all, but there are many great players in the championship and divisions below but only portsmouth and norwich have full teams.. :thup:

I remember in your last one that Stanley Matthews and Tom Finney were absolutely destroying the Championship for Stoke and Preston (Finney may even have been League One thinking about it) in 2014.