[FM 2016] Ultimate Stars and Legends Game (1880's to 2016)

i'm just about ready to get into it, i've added so many blackburn players some will never get used but hey ho. i think i may struggle considering some of the holiday saves. Bryan Douglas will be important

Great! Bryan Douglas will be a key player for you. Let me know how you get on with it. :thup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/robothouse_2007/blackburn_zpso50nydce.png

this is what i've done. the likes of Danny Shea, Syd Puddefoot. Fergus Suter, Georgie Dewar should all have an impact. I made all the 1800's players a bit older, and Shearer etc 17/18.

I moved Batty and RSC on, Batty is more Leeds. However i can't praise you enough for having Mark Atkins in the DB. Absolute hero.

Yashin

Beckenbauer

Maldini

Moore

Cafu

C.Ronaldo

Atkins

Platini

Cruyff

Messi

Pele

is my goal

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/robothouse_2007/blackburn_zpso50nydce.png

this is what i've done. the likes of Danny Shea, Syd Puddefoot. Fergus Suter, Georgie Dewar should all have an impact. I moved Batty and RSC on, Batty is more Leeds. However i can't praise you enough for having Mark Atkins in the DB. Absolute hero.

Yashin

Beckenbauer

Maldino

Moore

Cafu

C.Ronaldo

Atkins

Platini

Cruyff

Messi

Pele

is my goal

That's an incredible team! I will prob move Batty onto Leeds as well as he is more Leeds..

yes he isn't a Blackburn legend at all, he played very few games in the title winning season due to injury. Mark Atkins played alongside Sherwood much more.

Yes its only because he was in that title winning squad but off to Leeds he will be jetting....

I have added these onto my list. :thup:

yeah you should invest into the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990%E2%80%9391_Red_Star_Belgrade_season team. the year before were just as good to be fair, so any that left might be worth while looking at xxx

i'm still in pre-seaon but i'm off 2mra can't wait. transfers turned off first window

Is there anybody that hasn't signed Pele?! :D

I just completed my preseason purchases by bringing him in too. Added to Zico, Hagi and Djalma Santos. (also signed a few youngsters on frees, Renato Sanches, Bazoer, Odegaard, Che Nunnely)

Not a bad start to the season.....

Sheffield%20Wednesday_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures_zpsudbptc8l.png

this keeps on giving, aldridge in league 2 lol how many can he score lol.

i added lucas neil for millwall, then i noticed their strikeforce. league 1 winners must be

Sheringham is going to win the golden boot for millwall! lol

Is there anybody that hasn't signed Pele?! :D

I just completed my preseason purchases by bringing him in too. Added to Zico, Hagi and Djalma Santos. (also signed a few youngsters on frees, Renato Sanches, Bazoer, Odegaard, Che Nunnely)

Not a bad start to the season.....

Sheffield%20Wednesday_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures_zpsudbptc8l.png

Fantastic Signings... should be a promising first season for you.

Fantastic Signings... should be a promising first season for you.

Despite those signings little Willie Henderson still seems to be my best player, he's been immense so far. 5 goals and 4 assists and 5 appearances. He doesn't even fit into my tactics 100% as he's an out and out old-fashioned winger that hugs the line and runs down the wing and I play with inside forwards but he's just so good he transcends team instructions. Leaving a trail of demoralised and despairing left backs in his wake :D

Despite those signings little Willie Henderson still seems to be my best player, he's been immense so far. 5 goals and 4 assists and 5 appearances. He doesn't even fit into my tactics 100% as he's an out and out old-fashioned winger that hugs the line and runs down the wing and I play with inside forwards but he's just so good he transcends team instructions. Leaving a trail of demoralised and despairing left backs in his wake :D

I have seen this in FM16, wingers playing great as inside forwards, don't be too obsessed with making the roles fit, sometimes you can get better performances from players who fit other roles better, they may still fit the inside forward role better than someone who has a full green circle for it, it just depends on the player.

Aldridge smashed in 4 goals for Oxford in their first game. He's going to destroy League 2! Also just noticed Dion Dublin is in that division too at Cambridge.

Yes that's right. Aldridge is taking out all his frustration on league 2! same way oxford got to the premiership in the first place back in the 80's :lol:

Hi Fenech, I think i helped you with the 2014 Burnley legends team so really pleased to see Burnley represented in this years game!

Just to mention a random player i think you have missed which is the Chile striker Marcelo Salas. I think he is their record goalscorer.

edit - my username was longside then :D

Hi Fenech, I think i helped you with the 2014 Burnley legends team so really pleased to see Burnley represented in this years game!

Just to mention a random player i think you have missed which is the Chile striker Marcelo Salas. I think he is their record goalscorer.

edit - my username was longside then :D

Hi Mate,

Welcome back and of course Burnley kept all their team.. I did miss Marcelo and i've now added him to my list.

I remember you helped me with the Burnley team back in 2014... many thanks your help with burnley was a great help. :thup:

Hi Mate,

Welcome back and of course Burnley kept all their team.. I did miss Marcelo and i've now added him to my list.

I remember you helped me with the Burnley team back in 2014... many thanks your help with burnley was a great help. :thup:

you're welcome mate and once again great work.

Wimbledon really struggling on my game,played 10 league games and lost them all gd of -24

Yes, they are a Championship Team in a league full of legends. They used to be the favourites to go down every year but they stayed up by playing a very long ball, direct style under the guidance of Dave Bassett. I have found that usually they do enough to stay up playing that way. Sometimes they go down but then they would be strong in the championship. Wimbledon is a great challenge to take on and try to emulate their previous success, or improve on it. It is a very tough challenge in a league full of legends and stars...

yes that is intentional, the very best and fully developed players are worth about 20m now and it goes down in a very mathematical scale from there, so we did go back to a time when transfer fees and wages were cheaper and that is because this has to represent all the years since 1880 and also its much more fun, no point of a legends and stars game if you can't afford them. Also remember the flip side is that when you sell, you dont get as much either. It is the same internationally in the key countries in order to ensure equality around the main parts of the world where the legends and stars are congregated.. What i like is that you can buy players and afford them but also you can sell players too. The economy is booming and that is exactly what I tried to create and it has been successful... So i am pleased about that.

How do the transfer values hold over time?

I am testing some custom continental rules and holiday overnight. By 2024 some of the values were quite strange - e.g. Yuto Nagatomo was worth £45million (at a PA of 175).

Do the broadly increase across the board over time or was his reputation freakishly high?

How do the transfer values hold over time?

I am testing some custom continental rules and holiday overnight. By 2024 some of the values were quite strange - e.g. Yuto Nagatomo was worth £45million (at a PA of 175).

Do the broadly increase across the board over time or was his reputation freakishly high?

First of all, Yuto Nagatomo was not one of the players I coded, however his potential only starts out at 170, so I wonder if you are looking at a different database or does potential ability change slightly as a player gets older? you have also moved forward almost 10 years so he is now around 28, past the age of improvements.

The answer is I don't know. I set the transfer values across the world but not in Japan where he begins, where is he now. the best and most developed players should only be worth around 20m and that is certainly the case the game starts, now whether or not the game changes back to its original values over time, I don't know, it depends i suppose on what is hard coded into the game which I have no control over. If e.g. this was the normal FM16, a player with 170 CA would definitely be worth that amount.

I am very happy with the transfer values and it does allow you to buy legends at the start, but if you go forward 10 years like that, most of these legends and stars will be retired anyway and if by that stage the game just reverts back to normal than that is interesting but that's something i am unable to change. I would have thought it would stay the same but i do find it strange his potential ability is now 175 when it starts at 170.

Hi Mate,

One more to add would be Leonardo from Brazil's World Cup winning team of 1994, Sao Paul, AC Milan and PSG.

Fairly well regarded by fans of all three and a personal favourite of mine at Milan (though would be understandable to put him at São Paulo).

Is the update something you expect to release shortly or more longer term?

not the best start for blackburn, but I did weaken the team quite a bit...Shearer etc will be more relevant in a few years.

very glad wimbledon suck, was on a 6 game losing streak - just beat them 3-1. cannot wait for the window

One more to add would be Leonardo from Brazil's World Cup winning team of 1994, Sao Paul, AC Milan and PSG.

Fairly well regarded by fans of all three and a personal favourite of mine at Milan (though would be understandable to put him at São Paulo).

Is the update something you expect to release shortly or more longer term?

Thanks!

I have added leonardo to my list.

What would you prefer to see?

1) Lots of little updates as I go along

or

2) 1 big massive update after some time.

not the best start for blackburn, but I did weaken the team quite a bit...Shearer etc will be more relevant in a few years.

very glad wimbledon suck, was on a 6 game losing streak - just beat them 3-1. cannot wait for the window

Keep going, it only takes one win to turn a whole season around.

Thanks!

I have added leonardo to my list.

What would you prefer to see?

1) Lots of little updates as I go along

or

2) 1 big massive update after some time.

Personally I would prefer the former approach (I.e. Lots of little updates) - at least initially to cover any bugs/errors that have crept in so we all don't have to go into the DB and make the same changes (e.g. The couple of Nationality issues, retirements etc identified above).

Particularly as I have been messing around with continental rules so would be great to get the update before I start proper!

Personally I would prefer the former approach (I.e. Lots of little updates) - at least initially to cover any bugs/errors that have crept in so we all don't have to go into the DB and make the same changes (e.g. The couple of Nationality issues, retirements etc identified above).

Particularly as I have been messing around with continental rules so would be great to get the update before I start proper!

Fair Enough

The frequency of updates wouldn't really bother me. I'm not going to start a new save every couple of weeks just because you've added a handful of new legends, I'm happy enough with the db as it stands to continue this save so I personally wouldn't bother starting a new one until you'd added a significant amount of legends for it to be worth me abandoning my current save.

I'd have thought it better to release one big mega update once people further down the line so people don't have to keep starting new saves but I suppose Bittah makes a fair point about being able to fix any small errors that slip through the net as they happen.

The frequency of updates wouldn't really bother me. I'm not going to start a new save every couple of weeks just because you've added a handful of new legends, I'm happy enough with the db as it stands to continue this save so I personally wouldn't bother starting a new one until you'd added a significant amount of legends for it to be worth me abandoning my current save.

I'd have thought it better to release one big mega update once people further down the line so people don't have to keep starting new saves but I suppose Bittah makes a fair point about being able to fix any small errors that slip through the net as they happen.

I will see how it goes, i might do one initial small update and then one mega one...

When I say mega, I mean as large as you want it to be, you've done more than enough work already!

That's true. I don't need to do anymore. lol I might take a rest. I would like to finish off the players/teams on my list.. then I will probably leave it there.

The next big update will definitely be the last one.

can't believe David Hirst is the top scorer so far...

Hirst was often considered a rare breed of 'total striker' and was blessed with pace, height, heading, strength, dribbling, creativity and being in the right place at the right time. Although predominantly left footed, he had an excellent right foot too and scored some spectacular goals from range with both feet.

A really good player but was prone to injuries. I am surprised too but lets see if he can maintain it for a full season. lol

Robin Friday has scored 3 goals in 3 appearances for Reading but also been sent off twice in those 3 appearances :D

Congratulations on successfully simulating his maverick personality!

No reds for Vinnie yet though....

Robin Friday has scored 3 goals in 3 appearances for Reading but also been sent off twice in those 3 appearances :D

Congratulations on successfully simulating his maverick personality!

No reds for Vinnie yet though....

i got robin spot on! Surprised about Vinnie though, give it time! :)

Vinnie isn't getting any game time tbf. Wimbledon are playing Earle and Sanchez in midfield and Vinnie's not getting a look in, not started any of their 5 games so far.

They are probably scared to pick him. :lol: