[FM15] England Level 9 with FA Vase

I've just finished my first season with this mod, as Rochester in the Southern Counties East (as they had the smallest stadiium). The only minor issues I've had are:

* Refs are all prem-level (Clattenburg, D'Urso etc.)

* I started with a player on loan who was far too good for this level, Donnie Smith. He was on loan from a USA team (I forget which). A look at his history showed that he was previously on loan with Rochester Rhinos in the US, so it looks like he got assigned to the wrong Rochester. The FM gods obviously noticed this, injured him for 6 weeks in his first pre-season game, and then for a further long one on his first appearance, before he headed back in October.

* The team name should be Rochester United.

Whether these are mod-specific or more general issues with the game itself I'll let you decide. Other than that, the promotion went as expected - apart from me nearly blowing it - into the right division (Ryman D1S), and the Cup Finals all seem to have been played where they were supposed to.

I see in the main forum that someone is complaining that today's patch broke promotion/relegation in a modded lower league game. My own game had advanced past this point before applying the patch, so fingers crossed it wasn't this particular mod.

Thanks for putting this together!

are you using current file MY db v1.7 that i added to thread on 3rd December

the refs is strange as only had a prem ref on an international weekend but not every week as they are busy with premier league

all players in squad are players assigned in the db by sigames as not touched players

also all team names are as coded by sigames as all i did was added leagues to current structure using teams already assigned to league in db but i did remove teams that should have been in league but have since resigned from leagues over the summer

just checked db file now and rochester is in db as Rochester United with short name set as Rochester so that maybe the reason its using short name everywhere as just checked my save and its just rochester everywhere

will start a new test overnight just to ensure it all works ok

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the same on June 2018, still OK

thanks was going to do a long term holiday to test last night but forgot to start it before going out and was too drunk to do it when got back in so was going to do it today

how long are you thinking of holidaying for

thanks was going to do a long term holiday to test last night but forgot to start it before going out and was too drunk to do it when got back in so was going to do it today

how long are you thinking of holidaying for[/Quote

When I can't play, I re-load the test and let it go on, I think that if all is fine on 2022 maybe we can conclude that it's all ok...

are you using current file MY db v1.7 that i added to thread on 3rd December

the refs is strange as only had a prem ref on an international weekend but not every week as they are busy with premier league

all players in squad are players assigned in the db by sigames as not touched players

also all team names are as coded by sigames as all i did was added leagues to current structure using teams already assigned to league in db but i did remove teams that should have been in league but have since resigned from leagues over the summer

just checked db file now and rochester is in db as Rochester United with short name set as Rochester so that maybe the reason its using short name everywhere as just checked my save and its just rochester everywhere

will start a new test overnight just to ensure it all works ok

Hi - definitely using 1.7, and I started the game on the 6th. As for using the short name, it seems this is the case. It does actually say Rochester United occasionally in the body text of a news item. Looks like SI just over-use the short name.

As for the refs, it's certainly not a big deal. Here's a screenie of what I was seeing though - seems I was getting D'Urso, Williamson and Wright on a rota system!

96o7Uq5.jpg

Again, all minor stuff and very much enjoying the game.

Same as above really with regards to referees, just spent a season with Nelson in NWC and won promotion and Vase in the first season although I made hard work of it!

I played the final at Wembley so no problem there as others have stated.

Only problem I've noticed is that the regional allocations in season 2 has gone a bit haywire. Both myself and Colne have been put in NPL 1S along with brentwood, burnham ramblers and maldon & tiptree! Then clubs like Tividale Romulus and Basford Utd have ended up in SFL 1C

Other than that I'm really enjoying the game

Same as above really with regards to referees, just spent a season with Nelson in NWC and won promotion and Vase in the first season although I made hard work of it!

I played the final at Wembley so no problem there as others have stated.

Only problem I've noticed is that the regional allocations in season 2 has gone a bit haywire. Both myself and Colne have been put in NPL 1S along with brentwood, burnham ramblers and maldon & tiptree! Then clubs like Tividale Romulus and Basford Utd have ended up in SFL 1C

Other than that I'm really enjoying the game

Did you enjoy the astonishing 60k euros wage budget at Nelson?

Good work

But in next version you'll include league cups ?

no league cups will be added as it causes more hassle than it is worth with the current state of the editor as took nearly 3 weeks to get this working properly

as also stated this is the final version of this file unless anything breaks with future updates

That's the same, I had it in euros and on yearly basis, but the amount in quite the same, and quite high for the division...it was th only weird thing I spotted about the update...

Ahh I see where you are coming from, however it is probably realistic with real life as Nelson do have some clout behind them as I've met their owners on a couple of occassions and they have been pumping money into all aspects of the club

hi guys just added link to steam workshop for downloading file now as found out how to publish to workshop since latest update as previously couldn't post there

hopefully may get a lot more downloads now as its finally on there

Hi Andy just downloaded this, can't wait to get started I think I speak for everyone when I say how grateful I am for all your hard work! playing in the lower leagues and working up the pyramid is so much fun! Also just curious to whether you know where to get logo packs for the lower leagues?

Hi Andy, spotted something strange during the test. I'm on July 2021 and no crash but in the League (level 9) where Winsford and Nelson are, the number of teams goes from 22 in the first season to 19 in the last, with some seasons at 20 and 21...it seems not causing a crash but feels a bit strange, what's your idea?

Hi Andy, spotted something strange during the test. I'm on July 2021 and no crash but in the League (level 9) where Winsford and Nelson are, the number of teams goes from 22 in the first season to 19 in the last, with some seasons at 20 and 21...it seems not causing a crash but feels a bit strange, what's your idea?

have set leagues to have same number of teams in each season in basic rules and they have disappeared again looking through the file to see why numbers have disappeared

and to my surprise again in advanced editor there is another sub menu for required teams that has completely different numbers in it to what i set in basic rules so that may be causing this issue will set these to the same numbers and test tonight

have set leagues to have same number of teams in each season in basic rules and they have disappeared again looking through the file to see why numbers have disappeared

and to my surprise again in advanced editor there is another sub menu for required teams that has completely different numbers in it to what i set in basic rules so that may be causing this issue will set these to the same numbers and test tonight

But apart the strange effect to have a League with a different number of teams each year, that in my opinion is due to the promo/relegation patterns from/to the level 8, do you think that it could cause any fatal crash of the game? Is the system smart enough to manage such kind of variable setup without going mad? in other words, do you think we can go on with the current savegame accepting the fact that the League can have different number of teams over the years, or it would be a problem in the long term?

shouldn't cause any fatal crashes as it would do that normally in game with the min & max numbers set for each league in database,

had set level 9 leagues in main setting to min 19 & max 22 teams, as that amount of teams in each league fell between those numbers but then also added min & max numbers to iundividual leagues to ensure they had same amounts in as real life, but looks like they might be counteracting each other

will double check those settings too

just at season update in my game so will see what happens

Hi Andy, the test save is on May 2022, still no crash...another point: I saw that another updater needed to put Salisbury in Vanarama South, otherwise the game crashed; how did you sort without it? I just noted that Vanarama South begins with 21 teams (no Salisbury) and in 2022 is still a 21-team league

Hi Andy, the test save is on May 2022, still no crash...another point: I saw that another updater needed to put Salisbury in Vanarama South, otherwise the game crashed; how did you sort without it? I just noted that Vanarama South begins with 21 teams (no Salisbury) and in 2022 is still a 21-team league

couldn't figure out how to get it back to 22 teams as idea i had may work but then with all the other leagues it would involve a lot of work probably to get it to work properly and with current editor issues may never work, so may possibly revisit it if and when editor is fixed but that wont be until the new year as busy with family stuff now for next couple of weeks

will pop on and reply to things every so often over the holidays especially if i wake up this earlier but will be a bit & miss

Anyone got any ideas on how to lower starting expectations? Am editing the squad of my team in the Isthmian Premier League to reflect real life but this season's squad is rubbish which means the team being predicted 3rd is a difficult ask first up. I've tried setting a media prediction and I've tried lowering the starting reputation to a lower mid-table side but neither have worked. Anyone got any ideas?

I got promoted to Level 8, Northern Premier League Division 1 North and am doing well due largely to my light schedule - I've had NO cup games all season (now in March). What happened, and will it be back to normal next season?

Wavelberry - one option might be to lower the chairman's ambition and increase his patience. It might not lower the expectation, but it should immunise you against threats of the sack.

I got promoted to Level 8, Northern Premier League Division 1 North and am doing well due largely to my light schedule - I've had NO cup games all season (now in March). What happened, and will it be back to normal next season?

Wavelberry - one option might be to lower the chairman's ambition and increase his patience. It might not lower the expectation, but it should immunise you against threats of the sack.

really strange and worrying issue...no fa cup nor fa trophy???

That's right. In the first season I was in the FA Vase only; this season nothing, only the league.

while it could b ok at level 9 (some teams have no fa cup because they're picked on a random basis to complete the seeding) at level 8 it's really strange, I think all the teams should be picked up for the fa cup

Strange thing spotted at the end of the first season played in full and not holidayed. My Holiday session is completely gone, at the end of my schedule the players didn't go on Holiday nor the assistant asked me to set the beginning of the training for the new season, I tested in a game withouth any update and at the end of the season there is the usual Holiday session, any idea???

jam jameson

i've just completed 2 seasons with the lastest updates without any problems team goes on holiday and im asked to set return to training date so have no idea only thing i can think of is are you using any other db files as i only use this file and in previous release using more then 1 editted file caused problems and errors

phompenhandy if i remember right from earlier posts from you, you decided to stick with version that you were using that has not been tested with latest updates from sigames if thats the case then i have no idea whats wrong as i no longer have that file to test, as i have since update that file with fixes that were needed which all work with latest updates and am now only able to provide advice for current file avaliable on workshop or download site, as no longer have old files as hard drive was nearly full so had to delete loads of files and software that i dont use, also no one else using the old file has posted anything here about that type of problem so are you also using any other editted file as that could also be causing the problem.

My only advice to both of you is to clear cache like sigames suggest to fix other problems and download latest file from workshop and go from there with a completely new save, as i said i am using latest file and i'm having no problems at all

Hi

Ive downloaded the file from steam workshop which I believe installs the file automatically.

But it has been downloaded as an FMF file and wont load.

I have read most of the posts here and understand there are issues regarding FMF etc

But some people seem to be playing the database so I was wondering if there's a soloution for this?

• 2 weeks later...
jam jameson

i've just completed 2 seasons with the lastest updates without any problems team goes on holiday and im asked to set return to training date so have no idea only thing i can think of is are you using any other db files as i only use this file and in previous release using more then 1 editted file caused problems and errors

phompenhandy if i remember right from earlier posts from you, you decided to stick with version that you were using that has not been tested with latest updates from sigames if thats the case then i have no idea whats wrong as i no longer have that file to test, as i have since update that file with fixes that were needed which all work with latest updates and am now only able to provide advice for current file avaliable on workshop or download site, as no longer have old files as hard drive was nearly full so had to delete loads of files and software that i dont use, also no one else using the old file has posted anything here about that type of problem so are you also using any other editted file as that could also be causing the problem.

My only advice to both of you is to clear cache like sigames suggest to fix other problems and download latest file from workshop and go from there with a completely new save, as i said i am using latest file and i'm having no problems at all

Hi Andy, before reporting I followed your advice, cleared the cache and started a new (well, many) saves with the latest file from the workshop. In all the saves I've got some problems with the end of season routine: when my players go on Holiday I haven't the end of season meeting, when I've the final meeting I haven't my players on Holiday, in the end something Always goes wrong using the update, any further feedback by you (or the other users)? as usual, SI seems unable to make the game fully playable when you want to update it through the editor, since I think it's something related with the software and not with your changes...

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, sorry not been around for a while but was away for xmas & new year come back and have been ill since, but back to health now

hows it all going for everyone with the game, hardly played myself recently but going to get back into it today

FM15 on the pc and FA Cup on tv all afternoon so definitley a Super Sunday

I've just got back into it myself after a break.

One minor thing - my press conferences have all but disappeared. They were going normally until 09/15, then I had nothing until 12/15, a one-off about a new signing. Then nothing again until 04/16 when they carried on as expected until the end of the season. Since then, the only time they talk to me is if I make a signing. I'm now in my third season in 01/17 and haven't spoken to the press in six months.

I also had the issue of the squad not taking a break at the end of the 15-16 season (and of course complaining that I started pre-season too early!). All seems good apart from that though.

I've just got back into it myself after a break.

One minor thing - my press conferences have all but disappeared. They were going normally until 09/15, then I had nothing until 12/15, a one-off about a new signing. Then nothing again until 04/16 when they carried on as expected until the end of the season. Since then, the only time they talk to me is if I make a signing. I'm now in my third season in 01/17 and haven't spoken to the press in six months.

I also had the issue of the squad not taking a break at the end of the 15-16 season (and of course complaining that I started pre-season too early!). All seems good apart from that though.

I had the end of season problem too, then i cleared the cache, started e new game and noe it seems ok, 3 season concluded and all with regular routine

hi VinnyChilds & jam jameson

this is strange as i have had press conferences and media interaction in the 2 and half season that i've been playing save for, also i never had problem with season break either so no idea what's going on there. i am using last FM update and database file in opening post that's available in Steam workshop or download from mediafire file sharing site

VinnyChilds are you using it with any other edited db files as i have not tested it with any others as all i wanted to do was to create an expanded UK db file for my use but decided to share with other forum members who like to play a UK LLM game. so if you are using it with other edited files that may be whats causing the problems you are describing.

if not then I know it may be a pain but only thing i can suggest too is to clear cache and restart. as have tried testing it this morning and have had press conferences and other media interaction in season 1 using latest db file and FM update

How do people find the realism with this database? I am looking in particular in these areas.

Is promotions and relegations realistic - ie teams go into the right leagues geographically.

Are player and staff signings realistic?

Are FA Cup and FA Trophy attendances accurate?

Does it run well for a number of seasons?

Any other points to note.

I think my issues may have been self-induced and nothing to do with this mod at all, I suspect it was caused by the "Susie Real Name Fix" mod - 15.2.1 overwrote some of that, including media-related stuff. I've reapplied the patch, so hopefully it'll go back to normal. Apologies for casting dispersions on your fine work /tiphat

To Nobby - it's as good you can hope for given how badly the game's own engine deals with reputations this low. I'm having annoyances like players being released from level 6 clubs not wanting to sign for me at level 7 as my squad doesn't match their ambitions, but happily talking to 'bigger' clubs below me in my division or even lower leagues. I think you'll get this with back-to-back promotions. Cups work fine, and promotion/relegation is as expected, with some variation as to where clubs move in the regional divisions. I also haven't noticed any 'big' signings erroneously appearing in the lower leagues, and the only loan players you'll see from bigger clubs are kids who aren't that great anyway. It's fun, give it a try.

U

How do people find the realism with this database? I am looking in particular in these areas.

Is promotions and relegations realistic - ie teams go into the right leagues geographically.

Are player and staff signings realistic?

Are FA Cup and FA Trophy attendances accurate?

Does it run well for a number of seasons?

Any other points to note.

Absolutely great, i'm now in the 4th season and all run fine

Hi Andy great work, can you help I have been trying to change the season end date to the end of April in all the lower leagues but can't seem to do it, can you advise? just that end of may is too late for the eason to finish and into June for play offs

Cheers mate

Archived