Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Classic Mode PC/Mac/Linux Feedback Thread

Since the update, the player order in the tactics screen keeps changing for me during a match!

I like to have it sorted by position (e.g. goalkeeper at the top of the list, forwards at the bottom). However, now when I view the tactics screen during a match, it always seems to revert back to some random order and I'll be required to click on the position tab to resort it again. Only a small issue but it's annoying and I'm pretty sure this was not happening prior to the last update.

Since the update, the player order in the tactics screen keeps changing for me during a match!

I like to have it sorted by position (e.g. goalkeeper at the top of the list, forwards at the bottom). However, now when I view the tactics screen during a match, it always seems to revert back to some random order and I'll be required to click on the position tab to resort it again. Only a small issue but it's annoying and I'm pretty sure this was not happening prior to the last update.

Sounds like some sort of residual cache issue. If you go into preferences, find and select the button which says something along the lines of "Clear Skin Cache", what happens?

Sounds like some sort of residual cache issue. If you go into preferences, find and select the button which says something along the lines of "Clear Skin Cache", what happens?

I shall give it a try when I get home tonight. :thup:

Have started a my first FMC game on FM15 after the latest patch released.

Had a great game on FM14 that I was playing between my PC and PS Vita, thats a big loss for me this year.

Anyway, I have played a season and a half as Derby in FMC, getting promoted to the Premiership and sitting in the European places in January.

I have used the Instant Result button for every game along with my own match plan that includes substitutions. The problem I am having is there seems to be a lot of injuries, 1 or 2 a game that is keeping players out for 3-4 weeks at a time, is anyone else experiencing similar?

In FM14 I also solely used Instant Result but didnt encounter any injury issues.

Before the latest patch I had two previous Derby saves on FM15 but in the 'full fat' FM mode, in both saves getting promoted in the first season but injuries were not an issue. I havent started a new game in that mode since the patch so cannot compare the injury rate.

I'm experiencing the same problem about injuries in both game modes. As Everton, I've 12 players injured at the same time, and 8 of them are out for 3 or more weeks.

Am I right in thinking that maximum squad's (ie registered players) do not apply in FMC?

Plus what can you do about unhappy players in FMC? I refused a bid from Man Utd for Matias Kranevitter and now he is unhappy I didn't let him leave. He didn't tell me that it's just on his info page and he won't sign a new contract due to that unhappiness. Of course in FMC I can't talk to him. Will this affect his morale? This is the reason why I am playing FMC rather than the full fat with loads of unhappy players!!

Just wait for a month or two and he will be happy to talk again.

Since the 15.3 update the injuries are absurd. 18 players injured, and the body count keeps rising. 26 games within the season, and I can count as up as 3 the matches where I didn't have to sub an injured player. One match I had 5 players injured, forced out of the game, since there are only 3 subs, ended up in all kind of troubles, eventually lost the match. And the amount of injuries in training is also absurd, not one single week without 2 or 3 injuries

The game gets more laughable.

2014/15 - Finish 5th with West Ham along with Europa League Qualification.

2015/16 - Finish 4th whilst Qualifying for the Champions League. Europa League Runners Up. FA Cup Semi Finalists. League Cup Semi Finalists.

2016/17 - Start with a quite pathetic transfer budget. Having a difficult start to the season as 16th in the Premier League after 8 games with 1 win, 4 draws and 3 defeats to Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool, albeit the Chelsea one being a 4-0 hammering due to an own goals, a penalty and two goals from corners!! The draws are a tad problematic because we aren't scoring enough from a hatful of chances created (not an issue pre patch), then conceding usually from a set piece or a penalty but it's early days. However we are joint top of the Champions League Group.

Bizarrely both Stewart Downing and Carl Jenkinson have knocked on my door saying that they have told the media that they have lost confidence in my ability as a Manager due to underachievement!!!!!

And I swapped to FMC to avoid this kind of thing!!

That is ridiculous, I have had that message from several players this season but I am currently struggling but that is our first struggle in 6 season, all previous seasons we finish above our media prediction.

Sorry if its the wrong place to ask but cant find anything about it, is it possible to stop what I am assuming is my assistant manager from arranging friendlies?

Hes trying to arrange A lot of them during winter break and for my liking way too close to the first league match. Playing in Ukranian second league and my players just can't play 3 games a week and then be fit for real games.... on top of this he tried arranging a friendly with a fierce rival that they promptly rejected.

Its getting old having to manually cancel all these friendlies.

no you can't there's no staff responsabilities in FMC.

I'm starting to like FMC more and more and in general I like the no staff responsibilities stance but that one is seriously disappointing.

Some combinations of these "forced options" just don't make sense... I cant stop my assistant from arranging a whole bunch of friendlies and at the same time I cant even tell him to manage friendlies for me.

Also having the persistent problem of custom views not being remembered in the Squad window. Funnily enough the Tactics screen can use and will remember my custom view but not the Squad window where it was actually made for. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to like FMC more and more and in general I like the no staff responsibilities stance but that one is seriously disappointing.

Some combinations of these "forced options" just don't make sense... I cant stop my assistant from arranging a whole bunch of friendlies and at the same time I cant even tell him to manage friendlies for me.

Also having the persistent problem of custom views not being remembered in the Squad window. Funnily enough the Tactics screen can use and will remember my custom view but not the Squad window where it was actually made for. :rolleyes:

Might be worth adding the issues about the AssMan and friendlies to the Wish list thread?

Might be worth adding the issues about the AssMan and friendlies to the Wish list thread?

All Done!

If SI needs more examples of custom views not working where would I go about reporting this? Can upload savegame if needed.

All Done!

If SI needs more examples of custom views not working where would I go about reporting this? Can upload savegame if needed.

UI issues are in here:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/448-User-Interface

It would be worth mentioning that you are playing FMC in case the UI team differs between game modes (which I doubt). It would be great if you could upload a save where these custom views **** up, and briefly detail the steps needed to follow, in order to reproduce the issue.

The game gets more laughable.

2014/15 - Finish 5th with West Ham along with Europa League Qualification.

2015/16 - Finish 4th whilst Qualifying for the Champions League. Europa League Runners Up. FA Cup Semi Finalists. League Cup Semi Finalists.

2016/17 - Start with a quite pathetic transfer budget. Having a difficult start to the season as 16th in the Premier League after 8 games with 1 win, 4 draws and 3 defeats to Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool, albeit the Chelsea one being a 4-0 hammering due to an own goals, a penalty and two goals from corners!! The draws are a tad problematic because we aren't scoring enough from a hatful of chances created (not an issue pre patch), then conceding usually from a set piece or a penalty but it's early days. However we are joint top of the Champions League Group.

Bizarrely both Stewart Downing and Carl Jenkinson have knocked on my door saying that they have told the media that they have lost confidence in my ability as a Manager due to underachievement!!!!!

And I swapped to FMC to avoid this kind of thing!!

I found that these issues don't matter nearly as much as in full version. Just ignore it and move on, they'll be fine in a couple of weeks.

UI issues are in here:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/448-User-Interface

It would be worth mentioning that you are playing FMC in case the UI team differs between game modes (which I doubt). It would be great if you could upload a save where these custom views **** up, and briefly detail the steps needed to follow, in order to reproduce the issue.

Thank you, however I suddenly can't replicate it so holding off for now. Only thing I did differently was manually name the custom view and export/import it then restart the game, since then it has worked flawlessly. So keeping my fingers crossed it keeps working :D

I know these are not new thoughts, but I'll add another voice to the chorus anyway. After a few months, I can definitely say I'm really, really enjoying FMC this year. Like many of you, my schedule just doesn't allow for the time needed to get anything meaningful done in the full version (though I do still love it). My only real requests are those oft repeated:

1) Ability to load custom leagues (which I suppose itself requires an editor). I'm not opposed to this being a paid unlockable if it helps fund the development work required.

2) An option to hide the paid boosts during the game. I don't mind them living in the Downloads section, but I don't like seeing "Buy Bank Boost" every time I'm negotiating a new player contract.

Do you get news item when someone in your league gets sacked?

If not, is it possible to customize it in that respect?

I have a problem with my FM 2015 in Classic Mode. At the star of the season when i go in training and detach the box "leave training to Assistant" and changes the focus to the fitness, "the general training focus dont change for fitness. when i play some games in pré-season, the general training focus dont changes for fitness, and continued in 100% team coehsion. He must change to 10% or 20% Fitness but dont change.

Anyone know why you cannot recall loans at the start of a new game? Obviously you have the option to disable transfer budgets in the first window which I could understand for the effect of realism but if you don not choose that option (which I have never done) if you can transfer players in the first window I find it odd that the real life loans are hard coded and you cannot recall a player. In my case I have three on loan, two good players and obviously I am the new Manager coming in so may have a different opinion on those players than the previous Manager and yet cannot recall from loan either at the start of the game or in January. I have to wait until their real life loan I assume expires. Just seems a little strange considering you can as I say buy and sell in those windows.

Two areas where I think the game logic is wonky:

1. MLS Coach of the Year
  2. national team manager invitations (or lack thereof)

In the one FMC save I've rolled with, I "coached" Seattle Sounders FC from 2014 through 2034 (they're my favorite club and I wanted to get the Steam achievement). Here's a list of my Landmarks and how my team finished in the MLS (in reverse chronological order):

• 2034: MLS Cup, US Cup, 2nd
  • 2033: MLS Cup, 1st
  • 2032: MLS Cup, 1st
  • 2031: MLS Supporters' Shield, North American Champions League, 1st
  • 2030: MLS Cup, North American Champions League, 1st
  • 2029: North American Champions League, 2nd
  • 2028: MLS Cup, 1st
  • 2027: MLS Cup, North American Champions League, 1st
  • 2026: MLS Cup, 1st
  • 2025: MLS Supporters' Shield, 1st
  • 2022: MLS Supporters' Shield, 1st
  • 2020: MLS Supporters' Shield, 1st
  • 2016: US Cup, 4th

Now here's a list of my MLS Coach of the Year finishes:

• 2033: 2nd
  • 2032: 3rd
  • 2030: 2nd
  • 2028: 1st
  • 2027: 1st
  • 2026: 1st
  • 2025: 3rd
  • 2022: 3rd
  • 2016: 3rd

My team also ranked consistently at/near the top in goals scored, but also gave up a lot more goals than any of the other MLS Coach of the Year candidates' teams (I run a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 depending on how many healthy/good forwards I have vs. midfielders). I should have won the award a lot more often than I did, shouldn't I? By the time I left Seattle for Liverpool (who had just been relegated to the Championship then promoted then relegated again the past 3 seasons) I was the #1 manager in the North American Hall of Fame, having already reached #1 in the USA Hall of Fame many seasons prior, only needing to compete with Antonio Mohamed for the North American.

Next (and don't worry, I won't use any lists for this one), the logic for national teams inviting you to be their manager. In the same save as the one I've been talking about, despite rising to the top of the North American Hall of Fame, I've only ever been invited to coach one national team: Australia. It was in 2022, just as I was starting to build up Seattle (granted, after which we failed for the next couple seasons, before becoming a dynasty) and I was so honored by the request that I accepted. Shortly after, we qualified for the 2033 Asian Nations Cup, won our Group, beat Saudi Arabia in the Second Round, and then lost to the eventual champions, South Korea, in the Quarterfinal. I was subsequently fired. As I mentioned, I floundered at the club level for the next two seasons, but after that I became the best manager in North America, so why haven't any other countries asked me to coach their national team? I was especially offended when the U.S. manager position opened up in 2037 following a disappointing World Cup Group Stage exit and I wasn't even contacted about the position before they gave it to Adrián Flores, a 41 year old regen who had coached FC Dallas the previous four seasons with his only accolade being 2034 MLS Coach of the Year runner-up.

Sorry if these issues have been brought up before and I missed the resolution, but they've been bothering me for a while in this save that I've otherwise enjoyed.

I'm starting a new game on FM 15 and I want to familiarize myself with the match engine by playing 10-15 matches. I suppose FMC is the faster way to do this.

Hence, I had a couple of questions:

1. There is no tactical familiarity right? Which means I can chop and change my tactics for every game right?

2. Forgive the noob question. The match engine is the same in both versions (ie full-fat and FMC) right?

I'm starting a new game on FM 15 and I want to familiarize myself with the match engine by playing 10-15 matches. I suppose FMC is the faster way to do this.

Hence, I had a couple of questions:

1. There is no tactical familiarity right? Which means I can chop and change my tactics for every game right?

2. Forgive the noob question. The match engine is the same in both versions (ie full-fat and FMC) right?

Chop and change to your hearts content, and yes the engine is the same.

Yes and yes :thup:
Chop and change to your hearts content, and yes the engine is the same.

Thanks, RTH and BoxToBox :)

Hello everybody

Started a new save game since I've update to 15.3.1, and let me give you my feedback, just made my 150th official match, which is a perfect milestone to make a nice assessment, and because I've noticed something that really gets to my nerves. The amount of injuries in-match and the amount of shots to the woodwork. So I made my own record.

Here goes as follow:

150 matches, 139 injuries that forced me to sub, the record for a one match only was 5 injured players, I ended up with just 8 players on the pitch because I already started limp due to a sending off at minute 13th. Fun fact: right after I used the last sub, one player injured, it happened 36 times. What are the odds?

150 matches, 192 shots on the woodwork,not on one single match I missed the posts, the record stands on an incredible 9 shots on the iron in the same match, and yes, I lost that one despite my team shooting 58 times, 31 times on target, managed to score 2, the opposition shot 3, hit 3 on target and scored 3 goals. I'm not gonna mention that old discussion of CCC vs half-chances or no chance at all that end up becoming a goal.

Not gonna whine, won Champions League last season, 74% wins, 17% ties, only 7% defeats, +247 goal difference, but as much as realism goes, this year FM has utterly failed to convince me. My team will eventually fail to deliver the objectives in any given season, but it's kinda sad that those moments will be because in some matches the woodwork was the Man Of The Match and/or I end way too often with one or two man injured

Not worth starting a new thread but wasn't sure where to ask, if you're managing more than one team in a save and you purchase the sugar daddy DLC which team does it get applied for? Do you get to choose?

Sugar Daddy DLC?

Do you know, I didn't check to see if there was one! Haven't actually started a save yet, was just curious to how it would work. I swear there used to be one?!

edit: It's FMH I've seen it on, I knew I'd seen it somewhere. Nevermind, disregard :D

That's what I was thinking, just wanted to clarify whether you were asking a question for the right version or not :thup:

Anyone know in Classic how to find a players total goals for the Club? Under history and statistics it seems to only show League records for a particular season and under career stats it also only notes League appearances and goals. There doesn't seem to be a way to see a goals total for all competitions for all seasons at a Club.

150 matches, 192 shots on the woodwork,not on one single match I missed the posts, the record stands on an incredible 9 shots on the iron in the same match, and yes, I lost that one despite my team shooting 58 times, 31 times on target, managed to score 2, the opposition shot 3, hit 3 on target and scored 3 goals. I'm not gonna mention that old discussion of CCC vs half-chances or no chance at all that end up becoming a goal.

If you shoot a lot, by definition you increase the likelihood of hitting the woodwork more often. Any match where you shoot 58 times either indicates that you are playing a very negative and inferior opponent, and / or your basic system is far too aggressive. As I understand it, SI's internal stats indicate that woodwork hits in FM are not far from real life at all. One thing I do know is that FMs incidence rate of injuries is lower than real life.

I am having a lot of injuries, is this a bug or just bad luck ?

Just bad luck. There are always lots of complaints when it happens, but never when it doesn't :) FM injury rate is fractionally below that of real life. Tactics can have a bearing if you have an aggressive, pressing, all-action style, but generally it's just bad luck.

Hello everyone,

Quick and maybe funny question - Can i manage national team on FM classic mode?

Hello everyone,

Quick and maybe funny question - Can i manage national team on FM classic mode?

You will be able to, yes. It's something that you need to unlock though. You need to win manager of the year (IIRC) or you can pay a small amount to unlock it.

You will be able to, yes. It's something that you need to unlock though. You need to win manager of the year (IIRC) or you can pay a small amount to unlock it.

Thanks for the answer.

WHY is that? whats the idea behind this? :confused:

Thanks for the answer.

I'd assume that the logic is that you need to prove your credentials before managing on the international stage. However, it's somewhat inconsistent as you can obviously start straight at any level of club management!

Thanks for the answer.

The early classic versions of the game you couldn't manage an International Team, going way back to CM2 you could only do this via a cheat. Load up 97/98 and you could only manage England as "Glenn Hoddle" as your manager name, and in the previous CM2 version you had to be called "Terry Venables", etc. It was something that back then, you had to "achieve" as your own manager so we've kept to the spirit of "classic" FM, going back to its roots and making this an unlockable.

The early classic versions of the game you couldn't manage an International Team, going way back to CM2 you could only do this via a cheat. Load up 97/98 and you could only manage England as "Glenn Hoddle" as your manager name, and in the previous CM2 version you had to be called "Terry Venables", etc. It was something that back then, you had to "achieve" as your own manager so we've kept to the spirit of "classic" FM, going back to its roots and making this an unlockable.

Ok, thanks for your answer...i had some awesome challenges ideas... :/

I'd assume that the logic is that you need to prove your credentials before managing on the international stage. However, it's somewhat inconsistent as you can obviously start straight at any level of club management!

Totally agree with you...Ok will stay with the clubs...

Hi guys. Just a quick one..can you unlock all FMC achievements without paying extra for them?

Hi guys. Just a quick one..can you unlock all FMC achievements without paying extra for them?

Yes, you can.

There's a chap on the skinning forum who has made a great new skin for FMC recently.

The best bit about it by miles is that it includes the full match analysis that you usually only get in the full fat game. It's completely transformed an already good wee save I've got going on FMC at the moment. I know FM16 will have this by default which is great, but this has been a fantastic find. Great stuff.

One bit of feedback I'd have is that perhaps FMC should become more modular in its approach. I've noticed as time goes on some features are becoming a bit more full fat, while still retaining a very simple approach, with training being a prime example.

I think the FMC baseline should be retained, but perhaps something with a pick and choose approach to the other aspects of the game, much in the way you select your leagues but instead select the different modules of FM you'd like to have in your game.

In my mind at least it would be you press FMC on the main menu, get a screen and its unchecked boxes indicating its the basic version of FMC.

A list of things like:

Training

Backroom Staff/Scouting

Youth Squads

Transfers/Agents

Player/Squad Interaction

Media Interaction

Team Talks

With players picking and choosing which they want, it seems like it would be a way to widen the scope for FMC and provide something of a middle ground without losing what FMC is, nor being the full game, if you like training and youngsters but still want the simplicity of the rest of the FMC experience you could load those two, get your full training regimes and u18 squads and be on your way.

Why is there no body language widget on FMT in-match? You can only see it when you want to make a sub.