Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Classic Mode PC/Mac/Linux Feedback Thread

Loaded up FMC for 15 for the first time. Three clicks in Enner Valencia was out with a broken foot for 4 months. Another two clicks Diafara Sakho was out for 2 months with a torn hamstring. Needless to say I have deleted the new game!!!!

Loaded up FMC for 15 for the first time. Three clicks in Enner Valencia was out with a broken foot for 4 months. Another two clicks Diafara Sakho was out for 2 months with a torn hamstring. Needless to say I have deleted the new game!!!!

Stick with the mode, if not the save ;)

I'll be interested to see how you get on with it.

Stick with the mode, if not the save ;)

I'll be interested to see how you get on with it.

What are your thoughts on Classic? Have played it before in 14 and wasn't over keen as almost too simplistic. Prefer the full game even though I hate all the conferences etc. that goes with it hence why I just leave it all to my Assistant. I'm almost thinking somewhere between the two modes would be perfect!!!

What are your thoughts on Classic? Have played it before in 14 and wasn't over keen as almost too simplistic. Prefer the full game even though I hate all the conferences etc. that goes with it hence why I just leave it all to my Assistant. I'm almost thinking somewhere between the two modes would be perfect!!!

I'm biased as I played it all through FM14, but I think it is absolutely fantastic. It evolved this year to give us more control of training, and all I want now is the inclusion of the Analysis Tab, whilst a huge number of people want editor compatibility included.

I don't buy the whole "too simplistic" point of view. It remains as tactically complete (barring OIs) as fat mode. What would you miss from fat mode if you switched?

A lot of the issues that people struggle with are morale, training and interaction, and FMC loses all that stuff

A lot of the issues that people struggle with are morale, training and interaction, and FMC loses all that stuff

The two bolded things (or lack thereof) have made FMC really enjoyable for me. There's so much less annoying moments when playing without having to face buggy player conversations and illogical team talk responses...

One thing I'm thinking isn't so great in FMC is the youth intakes, the timing to be more precise.

Mostly, because I'd prefer them a month or two before season ends like full fat, as it helps me plan out next seasons transfers. Say I land a potential beast CM, I may want to give him more first team minutes, and in the summer not need to buy that backup CM I had planned. I try to get my buying done early. Especially now in 15, when you get your budget so soon.

I'm biased as I played it all through FM14, but I think it is absolutely fantastic. It evolved this year to give us more control of training, and all I want now is the inclusion of the Analysis Tab, whilst a huge number of people want editor compatibility included.

I don't buy the whole "too simplistic" point of view. It remains as tactically complete (barring OIs) as fat mode. What would you miss from fat mode if you switched?

Well I started up a new FMC game, played a few games and then cancelled and begun a new full game!! I think it was the skin possibly on FMC (don't know if you can get the full game skin on FMC?) and I just couldn't get on with it. Maybe just a case of not being used to it.

Does the lack of a team talk affect anything or as you say does morale just not exist?

You can't get the same skin as full fat, but you can get or make dark skins.

This is what FMC looks like for me, for example.

Capture_zpse302066b.png

You can't get the same skin as full fat, but you can get or make dark skins.

This is what FMC looks like for me, for example.

Capture_zpse302066b.png

Do you mind sharing your skin?

Does the lack of a team talk affect anything or as you say does morale just not exist?

Morale exists, but it's not as important as in full game as there are less means to improve it or fu*k it up (usually the latter in full game).

It exists, but appears to not be as sensitive. Form is the main driver of morale in my opinion, but your AssMan invites you to hold ad-hoc team meetings now and then which also influence things.

Do you mind sharing your skin?

Yeah, I can do that, I guess, it's not really custom, just a few mods to the dark base skin. I'll start a thread for it.

Yeah, I can do that, I guess, it's not really custom, just a few mods to the dark base skin. I'll start a thread for it.

It's a good idea, as there are hardly any (is there even one?!) FMC skins made by the skinning community. Brace yourself for the inevitable swathes of questions though :brock:

It's a good idea, as there are hardly any (is there even one?!) FMC skins made by the skinning community. Brace yourself for the inevitable swathes of questions though :brock:

It's only fair, I'm learning as I go(only doing it since as you say, no community FMC skins), and have been badgering the skinning forum with (mostly dumbass) questions.

I'll give that a try as it fixes my main issue with the default dark skin with the attributes being harder to read.

I'll have to put in michaeltmurray's in match panel mod for good measure.

The match panel mod is already in it. :)

EDIT: Though you may want to swap to the wide version.

Thank you for the skin BoxToBox. I will try it tonight when I get home.

One thing I noticed missing is squad registration and corresponding rules. Surely that's not that big of a deal and hassle to be removed from the game.

The match panel mod is already in it. :)

EDIT: Though you may want to swap to the wide version.

That'll do for me, the wide version is too big for my screen as it obscures the widgets I have open.

All good again from me this year

One thing I've noticed, I'm pretty sure the feature's been removed from both versions but just want to check but on the tactics screen, when you select a player's role you used to get the coach's star rating for the that player in that role. Has that been totally removed or is that somewhere else & I've not found it?

All good again from me this year

One thing I've noticed, I'm pretty sure the feature's been removed from both versions but just want to check but on the tactics screen, when you select a player's role you used to get the coach's star rating for the that player in that role. Has that been totally removed or is that somewhere else & I've not found it?

Its the ring around the star next to their shirt.

Love classic mode I just wish the player stats were displayed like in the full game I'm not keen on the boxes. In fact the normal skin I definatley prefer than the classic ones.

Started a new save on FMC at the start of the weekend and can't leave it alone. Absolutely loving it. Is it just me or does there seem to be more variety of play and variety of goals in FMC than in the full game? The play just seems more varied, more midfield battles and goals of different types. Even certain players are doing what I want in this version. In the full game I couldn't get anything out of Kevin Nolan but in FMC he arrives late in the box and stabs a couple home like he used to IRL. It's most odd, it just seems to play better. It's obviously the same ME so maybe the enjoyment factor of the game just means you look at it differently. Wish I had become a convert ages ago!

Started a new save on FMC at the start of the weekend and can't leave it alone. Absolutely loving it. Is it just me or does there seem to be more variety of play and variety of goals in FMC than in the full game? The play just seems more varied, more midfield battles and goals of different types. Even certain players are doing what I want in this version. In the full game I couldn't get anything out of Kevin Nolan but in FMC he arrives late in the box and stabs a couple home like he used to IRL. It's most odd, it just seems to play better. It's obviously the same ME so maybe the enjoyment factor of the game just means you look at it differently. Wish I had become a convert ages ago!

Maybe it seems that way because the morale plays a lesser part in the grand scheme of things.

How do you get the icons to appear on the left without the wording??

There are some skins that do that, unless you feel like editing the relevent files yourself.

Have a look in the Skinning Hideout.

Hope you don't mind me replicating a post I put on the General Feedback Thread.

On the arguable subject of "too many goals" - In my FMC save (so apologies if in wrong forum but it's the same ME) I noticed that the big teams have scored either 3, 4 or 5 quite a few times in season 2014/2015, so I wondered if there really are far too many goals.. So as I approached my 21st game - the same total that has passed in real life - I thought I would do some digging.

The biggest FM15 win so far was Spurs 7 Sunderland 0 and the highest scoring game at the time of writing is WBA 5 Hull 5.

IRL this season the biggest win so far was Southampton 8 Sunderland (ironically) 0 and the highest scoring game at the time of writing is Everton 3 Chelsea 6.

These are the League tables. FM on the left and real life on the right. I must confess with some of the score lines in FM I thought the difference between the two would be massive. In some cases the gap is quite large but in others the game has it spot on. Of course it is only one example but it makes interesting reading.

tables.png

Interesting, the main difference seems to be the bottom 4 are picking up less points, which has shifted the overall balance a touch.

I am interested in playing FMC mode. Is there update for it that has Brooklyn Beckham in it at all? Also why no access to youth teams?

I am interested in playing FMC mode. Is there update for it that has Brooklyn Beckham in it at all? Also why no access to youth teams?

Youth teams are merged with reserves.

Youth teams are merged with reserves.

Thank you for your reply. Any knowledge of an update for Brooklyn Beckham?

Thank you for your reply. Any knowledge of an update for Brooklyn Beckham?

Is he only 15 this year? If yes, then SI won't put him in till he is 16(FM16). Unless David Beckham inform SI that they can put him in, it's unlikely he will be in FM15.

Had this rather silly conversation.

Well I went for the top answer not quite as stupid as the others.

MGd0Y6.jpg

Ha!

I'd have almost felt obliged to pick the oddest answer.

Yeah I was very tempted to do that.

Is there a way to disable "purchase" buttons in FMC?I play FMC because it is streamlined, not that I would like to buy unrealistic purchases.So I don't want to see those buttons here and there which harms realism.I think the game must include the option to hide purchases.

Not unless there is a custom FMC skin (of which there are barely any) which hides the button.

Anyway, discussions about hiding potential DLC revenue sources for SI probably aren't to be encouraged on SI's own forum :brock:

Following the logic you suggest, I may advice FM developers to make a DLC to hide DLC buttons.I would buy one.For a game that tries to be realistic, all that DLC purchase buttons you see inside competitive gameplay is just working to ruin the experience.

So annoying that manager sackings in our own league/nation don't appear as a news item in FMC.

Motherwell and Kilmarnock, both relegation rivals to me, sacked their managers and I only found out my chance via the job availability screen. No news items, couldn't even find anything when I clicked on the league's own news page.

Ruins some of the immersion. We should at least be made aware of managerial changes in the league we're managing in, if not, the whole nation.

Just recently started an FMC save and im enjoying it. One thing I do miss though is telling under performing players to step up, There is not even an option to fine them. Also as Colorado says, I miss the sackings news as I might like another job. Apart from them, im enjoying it.

There is not even an option to fine them.

You can but it has to be right after the game, IIRC.

Just on the managerial changes, it is worth noting that although sackings don't trigger news items, managerial appointments do.

Can foot strength be put on the attributes page please?

Also, having a lot of issues with finances. As Liverpool I am over a million below my wage budget, have a transfer budget of £50m, but have had to sell £40m more than buying each season just to stay in the black.

I don't manage bigger clubs but the problem you're having with Liverpool could be a bug perhaps? I'd log it there just incase.

Depends on their debt levels, and additional stadium expansion costs accrued etc. They don't have the biggest stadium (ergo commercial revenues) and probably have a pretty high wage bill.