Official Football Manager 2015 Classic Mode PC/Mac/Linux Feedback Thread

Hi. I haven't played FM for a couple of years and I'm now considering buying FM 15 and playing on classic mode. What I usually do is take a small club from Conference to the PL, with a heavy focus on youth development. I usually try to find a plug'n'play tactic, because I find it a lot more fun to find and develop the right players than fine tuning tactics.

How does the lack of u21/u18 teams effect youth development? Does your youth-intake go directly into the reserve squad?

Do you get to choose a tutor for your youngsters, or does the ass.man. do it?

Does it sound like FMC is the right mode for me?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, new FMC is great. Love the new layout, took a little bit of time to get used to, but once I did I'm finding it much easier to get to the key screens in the game.

There are however a couple of minor issues that I've noticed:

1) The board decided to build new stadium, and it was finished 3 seasons ago. Now at the end of every season I get a news item saying "Local council blocks planning permission". First season after the stadium was built and first time I got the message, status of new stadium on Board screen changed from completed to cancelled. Stadium is still there though on club information page, and board increased capacity a couple of times already.

2) Just finished another season (20/21), and commercial summary message stated at the bottom that "The club saw a strong increase in sales in USA following the club's tour of the country" - we never went on USA tour.

3) When scouting youth free agents, scout report on a lot of them says "the club cannot currently afford the player" - even though estimate of wages is no more than $300 and my wage budget is $437,460 pw, with $200,393 pw currently spent

Minor issues, but I thought I'd let dev team know.

Hi. I haven't played FM for a couple of years and I'm now considering buying FM 15 and playing on classic mode. What I usually do is take a small club from Conference to the PL, with a heavy focus on youth development. I usually try to find a plug'n'play tactic, because I find it a lot more fun to find and develop the right players than fine tuning tactics.

How does the lack of u21/u18 teams effect youth development? Does your youth-intake go directly into the reserve squad?

Do you get to choose a tutor for your youngsters, or does the ass.man. do it?

Does it sound like FMC is the right mode for me?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Your playing style is much like mine, and I love FMC, I'll never go back now. It's got the perfect blend of depth.

I don't think you'll find the plug & play you're after, as the ME is exactly the same. That said given things like Team Talks / Opposition Instructions are not included in FMC, that probably tells you just how much of an impact they have.

The youth model isn't really affected in my eyes, they go straight into your reserves.

Assistant chooses the tutoring and that's the only thing that's a bit "wonky", you often get messages saying "X & Y have fallen out" which signifies a failure.

The new addition of the individual training model is a revelation for me and makes the game better.

I could wait until I get home for this, but it'll save me up to 2 minutes asking here.

Is Mr Odegaard included in FMC with this hotfix?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know, you'd have to start a new save to find out, he is in the full fat if that helps.

I'm not sure if this is just since the update, but I have a customised squad screen for my Ancona side, like so...

aqSmPZK.png

But if I navigate away from the player screen then come back, I get this...

KXwo8ki.png

I've just started the save, hence why no player stats, incidentally.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, or if it's because I'm using a modded skin to reduce the sidebar to just icons. But it's annoying.

It's a know issue, I think that I stumbled across a way to get your modified screen back as default when you go to view your squad. At least it worked once for me.

Get your save screen view shown then save and quit the game. When you go back your modified view might be the default screen again.

It's a know issue, I think that I stumbled across a way to get your modified screen back as default when you go to view your squad. At least it worked once for me.

Get your save screen view shown then save and quit the game. When you go back your modified view might be the default screen again.

Just tried that, didn't work. Thanks anyway.

Are there any plans to re-introduce the star ratings in the player tooltip when you click on the 'i' next to their name? I'm lost without it.

Poor Southgate.

YwT3TN.jpg

As anyone else noticed this?

I started this game on Beta, has it been changed in the Patches and would I need to start a new game to see it, obviously has no effect to my game anyway it's just a funny/strange thing to see.

Not something I've noticed, but I barely pay attention with anything except match day :)

Probably worth raising a bug for that.

Ok I have now posted it in the bugs forum.

Judging by (in)activity of this sub-forum, one would say not a lot of people play FMC, which is a shame because it has a lot to offer.

It's interesting, I've seen many, many people with the attitude "oh, I'm not playing that dumbed down version, it's below me" and then in their full fat game, they leave training on default, leave press conferences to assistant, ignore player interactions as much as possible, switch off attribute masking etc. In other words, they manually make their game FMC-like, but don't wish to make a switch properly because of pride. :)

Has anyone noticed that or is it just me imagining things? :lol:

More streamlined = less to go wrong = less to complain about, tactics are universal and have their own section.

It's funny, most of the complaints barring injuries, are of things FMC circumvents, and people still ignore it.

I had one game with four injuries, leaving me with 8 men for the last 20 minutes. I mentioned it in the injuries thread. It was acceptable though, as I knew why it happened, and was just a desperate situation.

On point, I wouldn't say I've come across any unacceptable injury issues, and I've faffed about most of the big leagues in Europe.

I've had three saves as well. The two saves managing Chelsea and Juventus I've almost have had no injuries. Just a couple of a few days length. I've played two half seasons.

In my third save - a journeyman save - I'm managing a club from the South African 2nd league and I'm experiencing a bunch of injuries from 4-8 weeks. I've been managing half a season here as well.

I guess that's what to be expected. Weaker players will get more injured. And the quality of the training is not as high. So no bug report from me (yet). Just cursing the weaklings :)

When I customize my squad screen, whenever I come back to it, it reverts to a default look. How do I keep my customized screen on every time I click on my squad?

Have you saved the customised view? I had issues if it wasn't saved, but it seemed fine when it was. Try it out, and if it doesn't work, please post a bug report detailing the steps for SI to take to recreate the issue.

I'm sorry for the double post, but maybe I should post my problem here?

I've cleared cache both in game and deleted the cache folder manually, but my FMC Dark skin just doesn't work. When I load it, I basically get default FM skin.

When I want to start a new FMC save with FMC Dark skin, this is what I get:

8zelix.png

• Administrators
I'm sorry for the double post, but maybe I should post my problem here?

I've cleared cache both in game and deleted the cache folder manually, but my FMC Dark skin just doesn't work. When I load it, I basically get default FM skin.

When I want to start a new FMC save with FMC Dark skin, this is what I get:

8zelix.png

Yeah, we've fixed that now.

Quit the game, and clear your cache.

Then reboot the game, and switch to the skin then.

• Administrators
I've just done it, no change. :/ I still get the same screen upon starting a new save and, when loading a previously running FMC save and then switching to FMC Dark, I get FM default dark skin.

Unsubscribe to the file and resubscribe. It sounds like it hasn't updated on your machine.

• Administrators

Unsubscribe, delete the file in your skin folder and then resubscribe again. Clear cache too so it doesn't 'remember' the old skin you were using.

Lucas - I've notice on the tactics screen, the column of positions/roles which was to the left of the players names has been removed. Certainly an improvement but my only complaint is that the columns do not sort (i.e age, nation, position).

Is this the same for everyone?? I know there's been problems with columns displaying correctly.

Ah, I think there's still gremlins with the columns.

I need to click the next column across to sort the actual column I want - i.e to sort by position, I need to click the next column header across to the right, so the 'age' column. Hope that makes sense!

Some MLS feedback:

1. In FMC14, the lowest annual salary you could offer was ~$7K. In FMC15, it seems like that minimum is now closer to $47K. Was that leap intentional? (It definitely changes how/when I sign younger, unproven players).

2. Are there any plans to make NASL or USL-PRO (lower division US leagues) playable? If not, there aren't many options for loaning out players in a way that actually improves them.

Lucas - I've notice on the tactics screen, the column of positions/roles which was to the left of the players names has been removed. Certainly an improvement but my only complaint is that the columns do not sort (i.e age, nation, position).

Is this the same for everyone?? I know there's been problems with columns displaying correctly.

I've noticed the same - both tactics and squad screen have had columns removed. With the squad screen, I was able to do create a custom view and add columns I wanted. On tactics screen however, I spent about 15min fiddling and looks like there are some major issues with it - namely columns not showing when added and data columns showing in wrong order on single rows (e.g. player's name appearing in position column just on one row).

Edit: With squad screen, although I can create a custom view with columns that I want, I have to select that custom view every single time that I go to squad screen - as it defaults to selection info view when I open squad screen. This is really painful and makes the game unplayable.

I'd enjoy the dark skin more if I was able to change the background, as it's too bright, and clashes with some of the panels.

Hopefully there will be an FMC Dark Skin base skin made soon, so I can fire in my favourite backgrounds. There's probably other ways to do it, but an athritic seal would probably be more nifty on PC stuff than me.

I'd enjoy the dark skin more if I was able to change the background, as it's too bright, and clashes with some of the panels.

Hopefully there will be an FMC Dark Skin base skin made soon, so I can fire in my favourite backgrounds. There's probably other ways to do it, but an athritic seal would probably be more nifty on PC stuff than me.

I'd give it a try if I could change the background. The player profile screen is not easy to read with the current background as the green on the attributes seems to blend in with the background. A least the white default screen is easy to read and can make out the attributes at a quick glance.

I like and am very happy with the white default skin, never liked the light/white skin in full fat versions and would always download slighty darker or dark skins but in FMC the skin is much much better and I just feel that FMC has a much better all-round display.

FMC = Faster to play without all the needless interaction waffle and looks great imo

The new dark skin is an eye-saver and now I can almost read what's in my inbox without too much trouble. Still I don't understand why there's punctuation below several words. I liked it better in FM14 where it was one straight line. For me it was easier to read. Still, dark skin better than normal :)

Oh, as others I also have problems with selection info in tactical view. Suddenly the player selection (the one that's all the way to the left) has moved all the way to the right. Every time I move it back to the left and change screen and then back to tactical view screen the player selection has moved back to the right. Quite annoying...

Archived