Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this is a known bug but is anyone being automatically made England manager when starting a new save?? I have started 3 times now and checked all screens I cant see how I am selecting it??

4th time of starting save and this time it hasn't happened :/ weird

So what are people's overall impressions? Is FM15 a worthy purchase? I'm a bit concerned because the UI changes look iffy to me and I've never seen an iteration of FM so many mediocre reviews before.

The people who love it will be too busy playing to post. In the main only people come here to confirm issues. Always some issues with downloads / connections to Steam in the early hours

You have the option of trying the demo so why not make your own mind up. In my opinion ...get it. NOW. QUICK before it sells out :D

I have a problem with clicking on things. As soon as I hover over anything clickable the background colour dissappears. Example, the search bar is red (same colour as my team) but when I put the mouse over the search bar the red colouring dissappears. Also, if I move the mouse over the "FM" drop down menu (beside seach bar) then that background colour will change to the same colour as my search bar, same goes for the date and "continue" button.

It's the same with everything clickable that has a background colour.

This is a problem when the text is the same colour as what is left on screen as I cant read or see anything.

Hello guys, I was using a player facepack which was working perfectly before I updated to the full game and has now stopped working? Any ideas why?

If I was you I'd wait for the source of your facepack to offer an update. I know that one famous location for these has troubles with metallic team logos working and are still looking into

• Administrators
I have a problem with clicking on things. As soon as I hover over anything clickable the background colour dissappears. Example, the search bar is red (same colour as my team) but when I put the mouse over the search bar the red colouring dissappears. Also, if I move the mouse over the "FM" drop down menu (beside seach bar) then that background colour will change to the same colour as my search bar, same goes for the date and "continue" button.

It's the same with everything clickable that has a background colour.

This is a problem when the text is the same colour as what is left on screen as I cant read or see anything.

Please ensure you report that issue in the User Interface bugs forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/448-User-Interface

If I was you I'd wait for the source of your facepack to offer an update. I know that one famous location for these has troubles with metallic team logos working and are still looking into

Well it's the DF11 facepack. It was just as I hadn't seen anyone else reporting the same problem

so this full release is the same ME with beta? (just different number)

and all bugs in beta are now still exist in full release?

but why you closed the Pre-release beta bugs forum? some posts still are not reviewed. Do I need to post these things again in the new forum.

• Administrators

but why you closed the Pre-release beta bugs forum? some posts still are not reviewed. Do I need to post these things again in the new forum.

There is a clear statement atop the bugs forums that all issues logged for the beta WILL be reviewed if they haven't been already.

This Forum will be closing very shortly. Please raise all issues in the FM15 Bugs Forum and FM15 Crashes, Technical, Game Launch and Workshop Forums

All issues logged in the pre-release beta are under review internally, no post raised in the beta will go unchecked, even when the forum can no longer be seen. Many thanks.

This is a new ME. Full release is using ME1531.

The Pre-Release bugs forum is still viewable to SI staff and rest assured we are going through all issues to ensure they are addressed. However, if you have noticed a bug in the full version of the game, a report in the Bugs forums would still be appreciated: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/437-Football-Manager-2015-Bugs-Forum

I really like this year's update, so far. A small feature request (UI change), if I may; the "scout" button is present and correct on a players profile page when you don't know which roles they can play and if you can scout that area, the button disappears if you know enough about a player to know his roles (so you'll see lots of ranges of player stats, without the accurate stat). It is more of a task to scout these players than it should be (requiring far more clicks into submenus). In previous versions of FM there was a scout button on the player's profile, I'd really like to see this back again please.

Apart from that; good job!

Is it correct if I buy the in-game-editor directly from FM 2015 --> Download buttton in starting page?

Will I get the newest edition of the editor?

No reference to year or edition is made in the description of the article.

Thanks-.

Well it's the DF11 facepack. It was just as I hadn't seen anyone else reporting the same problem

I'd go to their website and check if anyone else has issues or raise a question yourself

There is I think on the SI forum a "Skinning Hideout". Assuming that's the right place maybe pop a question in there. However don't expect any replies though until tonight / weekend. On the plus side you can start your game now and add in facepacks etc at a later date

Is it correct if I buy the in-game-editor directly from FM 2015 --> Download buttton in starting page?

Will I get the newest edition of the editor?

No reference to year or edition is made in the description of the article.

Thanks-.

Yes, of course you get the updated version.. it's the only version available for fm15.

There is a clear statement atop the bugs forums that all issues logged for the beta WILL be reviewed if they haven't been already.

[/size][/b]

This is a new ME. Full release is using ME1531.

The Pre-Release bugs forum is still viewable to SI staff and rest assured we are going through all issues to ensure they are addressed. However, if you have noticed a bug in the full version of the game, a report in the Bugs forums would still be appreciated: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/437-Football-Manager-2015-Bugs-Forum

thanks. I will wait for the proper patch to play. The game this year is so much smooth, just some couple of bugs/errors in ME then it's great game.

Just adding my 2c to this feedback thread with not much actual feedback in it. And i'm not trying to beat a dead horse or downplay anyones issues, just an honest opinion.

I'm loving the injuries. I stated this at the classic subforum as well, i think it's great. It makes for a great chess game to try and keep your squad fit, and when injuries happen you have to make moves to work around them. More youngsters get chances by proxy, and so on.

Last couple of years, i almost always had my starters play approx. 80-90% of my league games. This year, trying to keep my whole rotation match fit but not burned out, i have a lot of positions where the starters and backups both play a lot. I have a key AMR who played 24/42, while his backup played 16/42, and a couple of reserves got turns as well. I get that this probably SHOULD've been what i did in last years' games, but now with emphasis on fitness and injuries, i'm forced to play smarter.

I wouldn't be mad if the injuries were raised to realistic levels, as this is exactly the kind of management i enjoy doing.

The point of this is, i really hope SI take in to account the silent players who enjoy the game - such as myself most of the time - and not just the dissident loud voices here.

Just adding my 2c to this feedback thread with not much actual feedback in it. And i'm not trying to beat a dead horse or downplay anyones issues, just an honest opinion.

I'm loving the injuries. I stated this at the classic subforum as well, i think it's great. It makes for a great chess game to try and keep your squad fit, and when injuries happen you have to make moves to work around them. More youngsters get chances by proxy, and so on.

Last couple of years, i almost always had my starters play approx. 80-90% of my league games. This year, trying to keep my whole rotation match fit but not burned out, i have a lot of positions where the starters and backups both play a lot. I have a key AMR who played 24/42, while his backup played 16/42, and a couple of reserves got turns as well. I get that this probably SHOULD've been what i did in last years' games, but now with emphasis on fitness and injuries, i'm forced to play smarter.

I wouldn't be mad if the injuries were raised to realistic levels, as this is exactly the kind of management i enjoy doing.

The point of this is, i really hope SI take in to account the silent players who enjoy the game - such as myself most of the time - and not just the dissident loud voices here.

Have to agree with this, in fact playing in Brazil means 11 months of football a year which means having a huge squad and makes for a fascinating game.

Love it but One thing which will soon make me give up is the Goalkeepers always parrying the ball right infront of the goal and the defender in acres of space does not bother to move towards the ball to clear it while the attacker who's placed at the edge of the area somehow darts infront and scores in an open net. Almost 60-70% of the goals i have conceded so far has been like this.

Have I understood correctly that I get the full game only when my psychical copy arrives from where I ordered it (Cdon) and I enter the code from the booklet?

I don't remember if that was the case last year. Cause as of now I'm still on the beta version in-game and in Steam, and the editor is not available for me yet.

Sorry for terrible explanation, but you get the idea.

I finally got a grasp on demo and played quite a few matches and must admitt - there is progress. Of course some glitches are also there(mentioned few times before) but overall the ME is great. Teams are quite tight defensively(also the unfamous fullbacks) so games could be bit boring but at least its more like real football and more like FM 12 which was great in my opinion. Unfortunately, demo isn't actually up to date, so I hope you didn't mess it all up in the full release, SI, cuz I think im gonna buy it! ;)

• Administrators

Not to sidetrack too much from the feedback discussion but on the nation youth rating comments, that field is largely meant to indicate a theoretical best possible outcome for a given country, and it's undeniable that the likes of Russia and Japan have sufficient resources both in terms of population and economical strength (at least in football terms) to have an optimistic future. A combination of items are ultimately used to govern how productive they end up being though.

RE the fullbacks problem some people are experiencing - based on screenshots in this thread, the answer is pretty simple. You're playing narrow. They're playing wide.

If you're not set to narrow, that might be an actual issue.

But I'm not having this problem at all and my defence is utter rubbish (Man Utd, only signed Stones as a covering centre-back, although he's become first choice alongside Rojo). Shaw/Rafael are both closing down fine and doing very well most of the time, although occasionally Shaw gets caught out of position. But he's pretty young, so that's not surprising to me.

RE the fullbacks problem some people are experiencing - based on screenshots in this thread, the answer is pretty simple. You're playing narrow. They're playing wide.

But I'm not having this problem at all and my defence is utter rubbish (Man Utd, only signed Stones as a covering centre-back, although he's become first choice alongside Rojo). Shaw/Rafael are both closing down fine and doing very well most of the time, although occasionally Shaw gets caught out of position. But he's pretty young, so that's not surprising to me.

I'm not playing narrow., and I'm pretty sure Uwe Rosler knows what he's doing, he had some of the best tactics for 14.

SI have acknowledged his post in the bugs forum, if there is a problem they'll fix it.

I agree, I'm playing a 4-4-2 diamond with WB's supporting, my 2 CM are instructed to run wide which pushes them out slighty and gives a little more natural wide and stops congestion in the middle, making for a better balance to the shape.

Have I understood correctly that I get the full game only when my psychical copy arrives from where I ordered it (Cdon) and I enter the code from the booklet?

I don't remember if that was the case last year. Cause as of now I'm still on the beta version in-game and in Steam, and the editor is not available for me yet.

Sorry for terrible explanation, but you get the idea.

Correct on all accounts!

I'm not playing narrow., and I'm pretty sure Uwe Rosler knows what he's doing, he had some of the best tactics for 14.

SI have acknowledged his post in the bugs forum, if there is a problem they'll fix it.

just realised that MR U Rosler is a great poster with some excellent tactics threads and explanations in FM 14.

if he's having a problem, then there must be really something wrong and need fixing. thank god i haven't purchased the game.

just realised that MR U Rosler is a great poster with some excellent tactics threads and explanations in FM 14.

if he's having a problem, then there must be really something wrong and need fixing. thank god i haven't purchased the game.

What about all those who arent having a problem? Not sure its sensible to entirely base it off one user. Thats not to talk about the specific issue, but a general point.

Anyone have an issues with press conferences where they are unable to see what emotional response they have selected e.g: Cautious, Calm, Assertive, aggressive, Passionate ?

Which bit are you talking about exactly? Are you referring to when you're taking the conference itself? Is the issue that the selection highlight too close to the background colour? If so, could you please post this in the UI bugs forum? Cheers.

Crossing is overpowered. I realize that "run down the flanks and cross" is the only way English play football, but it's quite frustrating to see every team play that way in the game. Other than that, ME looks quite better than two weeks ago.

What about all those who arent having a problem. Not sure its sensible to entirely base it off one user.

Yep. This is a very relevant point. Mr U Rosler's issue is interesting as he does have extensive pedigree in this area. SI have confirmed that certain levels and systems are more susceptible to the associated bugs than others. My experience with my current system is that I've conceded one goal in eleven games - a penalty <3

I only played 5 games before work this morning and the Full Back issue jumped out so i flagged it up.

I'm sure it can be worked around tactically and it doesn't seem to be effecting everyone but none the less we all want the best ME experience possible, especially SI and it seems to tie in with a couple of issues they're already aware of.

(+ i don't want to have to abandon my beloved 4132 ;) )

Crossing is overpowered. I realize that "run down the flanks and cross" is the only way English play football, but it's quite frustrating to see every team play that way in the game. Other than that, ME looks quite better than two weeks ago.

Possibly a little bit of an outdated opinion these days :rolleyes:

As stated multiple times, it's a known issue which is well on the way to being fixed. Then we can all player proper football like our more technically and tactically competent continental chums.

Anyone else finding that they can't use the space bar to continue since the full release update? Worked fine during the beta.

Using a mid-2012 MacBook Pro with Yosemite.

Edit: Strangely, after posting this message and attending a meeting with one of my players, the space bar has begun to work again.

I'm sure it's not a physical problem as I could type this message and use it to create a space in the search bar on FM. Weird!

Archived