Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Re: setting opposition instructions.

Anyway to move the options (Tight Marking, Closing Down, etc) CLOSER to the players name to that we don't have to keep an eye on the player and then carefully look across the screen? I know there are 2 interchanging shades, however they are fairly similar in color and makes it hard.

you can adjust the column widths.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hello, I'm trying to update the game, I am playing .1.3 version and I can't find Martin Odengaard in my game. How do i update?

As per the thread title, your game is up to date. You can find the add-on in the Steam Workshop either by logging in from your browser or going to Downloads in FM.

Anyone find lateral movement of players is worse in FM15 than it was in 14? I love the narrow diamond and used it in FM14 but can't get it to work in FM15 as for some reason lateral movement in players seems worse than it was in `14. There seems no way to get the midfield two to cover wide and have tried several roles in the CM positions. This leaves the wing backs extremely isolated. May have something to do with the central midfield bunching together which I read about somewhere. The forwards seem the same seemingly rarely pulling wide so the front three get extremely bunched offering no width. It seems that "move into channels" is about "vertical movement" between the lines according to the description which could be half the problem. I find players using that PI seem to run away from the ball whereas I think "move into channels" should be lateral movement to the width of the pitch. Maybe a shout of "play wider" would help I haven't yet tried that.

Vertical movement doesn't seem much better. After trying out many ideas over the course of a season I really find it difficult to get attacking midfielders to defend and midfielders in the CM strata to attack. The lack of movement makes it look like all roles play the same.

It is annoying because I thought player movement was high on the list of improvements?

A few ME considerations (IMO)

1 - The volume of goals where the ball comes flying back out. Very few goals in the modern game have that metal bar at the back of the net which when hit cause the ball to come rolling back out of the goal; yet in FM any hard hit shot that goes in seems to come flying back out rather than nestling in the back of the net

2 - The length of time keepers take to get up and get beaten by the angled shot - totally get that lots of times keepers make the save only to be beaten by someone else tucking it away but this particular one seems to be too prevalent. I don't have any stats but i'd assume that the majority of rebound goals are when the keeper doesn't push it wide i.e. back into the crowd for someone to tuck away. Keepers are taught to push it as wide as possible and I'd expect that the majority of wide rebounded shots are blocked for corners etc

3 - Wingers/Strikers etc shooting from the byline. They jink in, they are forced wide and yes sometimes they shoot BUT in the majority of cases footballers are bright enough to know they won't score so they pull it back even if they don't know their player is there because its more dangerous than their inevitable missed shot. In FM though they shoot EVERYTIME and I think this is something that needs to be tweaked

4 - Player Energy/Urgency. Admittedly this is probably tied to tactics however I think there is something to be tweaked in player attitudes in the instance where you are losing a game (reasonably close game), drawing (in fewer cases) or score to close a game (i.e. 3-1 to 3-2) irrespective of whether the manager tweaks the tactic to ask for it. Its player mentality and if anything the manager probably has to ensure they remain calm and patient rather than going gung-ho. I just feel that the current configuration you have players dallying on the ball, not sprinting back to collect a loose ball etc when there is still time to affect the game in a positive way. Obviously the impact of this might be games where you get sucker punched as a result but i definitely feel this is something that can be looked at to improve the ME

Shots on target that go in that hit defenders or keepers on the way (rather than take a massive deflection) seem to go down as OG's. Maybe its the graphical representation that is misinterpreting the incident? Anyone else see this or am I FM drunk?

You may well be FM drunk, but, yes, I've seen that too. It's either a representational thing or the ME is not taking into account the original path of the ball, only the last player to touch it. Time to write a 'dubious goals committee' module :)

Edit: Actually that could be a quite nice addition. A couple of days after a game you could get a news item telling you that the goal has been allocated to your striker when originally it was a defender O.G - or vice versa.

Hi all.

A quick question regarding starting a new savegame.

When I play I always play long career savegames, which means I prefer a database with many players. However, I like the game to be as quick as possible. So, if I start a new game with only 2-3 divisions (to optimize game speed) I won't have a big database of players... That would be fine to begin with, but what about the future? Will the game expand the player database if I add 7-8 leagues after let's say 3-4 seasons? If so; will the players added mainly be regens?

Or should I just start the save with 7-8 leagues instead of just a few?

Shots on target that go in that hit defenders or keepers on the way (rather than take a massive deflection) seem to go down as OG's. Maybe its the graphical representation that is misinterpreting the incident? Anyone else see this or am I FM drunk?

IIRC in real life games if a shot is actually on target but gets deflected by a defender, the striker of the ball is given the goal but if it was off target and gets deflected then it's an OG.

Anyone find lateral movement of players is worse in FM15 than it was in 14? I love the narrow diamond and used it in FM14 but can't get it to work in FM15 as for some reason lateral movement in players seems worse than it was in `14. There seems no way to get the midfield two to cover wide and have tried several roles in the CM positions. This leaves the wing backs extremely isolated. May have something to do with the central midfield bunching together which I read about somewhere. The forwards seem the same seemingly rarely pulling wide so the front three get extremely bunched offering no width. It seems that "move into channels" is about "vertical movement" between the lines according to the description which could be half the problem. I find players using that PI seem to run away from the ball whereas I think "move into channels" should be lateral movement to the width of the pitch. Maybe a shout of "play wider" would help I haven't yet tried that.

Vertical movement doesn't seem much better. After trying out many ideas over the course of a season I really find it difficult to get attacking midfielders to defend and midfielders in the CM strata to attack. The lack of movement makes it look like all roles play the same.

It is annoying because I thought player movement was high on the list of improvements?

I too have tried the diamond midfield but have reverted back to a 4-2-3-1 system as it seems the best balanced for the game, I want to play 2 up top 4-4-2 diamond but the play seems very narrow even when I have my 2 mids set to to run wide, they just seem to get in each others way. Playing the diamond wide with 2 wide mids just leaves too much space in the middle.

"x manager confirms interest in y job"

:?

i rarely see this in real life and nowhere near as often as it comes up on my newsfeed

a small thing but it does my head in for some reason

please remove it; it detracts from the realism when it happens once a week

"x manager confirms interest in y job"

:?

i rarely see this in real life and nowhere near as often as it comes up on my newsfeed

a small thing but it does my head in for some reason

please remove it; it detracts from the realism when it happens once a week

I agree. Yeah, it happens from time to time, but the game goes overboard with it- it feels like every appointment us handled this way.

Please fix players reaction times, it just looks so ridiculous, also try and fix players doing weird front rolls every now and then when they're either getting tackled or sometimes just when an opposition player is near them, don't know if it's been reported as a bug as I couldn't see it anywhere, so I don't know if anyone else has experienced these weird front rolls they do.

Please fix players reaction times, it just looks so ridiculous, also try and fix players doing weird front rolls every now and then when they're either getting tackled or sometimes just when an opposition player is near them, don't know if it's been reported as a bug as I couldn't see it anywhere, so I don't know if anyone else has experienced these weird front rolls they do.

The best way to expedite fixes is to upload examples of what you see in the Bugs Forum :brock:

What teams were they out of curiosity?

I was Boca away to Lanus. Decided that I am just going to put FM down for a while, it's probably my tactical set up but as I say it was working fine before so this result came out of the blue so to speak. Obvioulsy people will cite real world examples of one off results and thats fine just knocks my enjoyment a little.

Cheers :thup:

I haven't read the "rolling thing" in any of the ME Bug Reports, and I've read 99% of the posts in there. Sounds like an animation issue rather than a full on ME bug.

Can't seem to upload file, keeps saying error even when I've changed the name of the file about a dozen times.

• 3 years later...

Hey.

I bought the Editor December 12, 2016 year there were no problems until I made the format a computer. When I did the format, the editor disappeared. When I wanted to install it, I have a problem.

When you start the game, then press the option to download the files the error appears - error code error occurred 1 / Ann interest in virtual balance

I can not download an editor because I have no way to enter the workshop .

firewall and anti-virus does not block the steam and football manager.

after installing football manager 13 on the same pair (same account) by going to the store tab (no tab to download files in this version) it starts normally, without error.

When you logged into your account friend pairs and installed his football manager 2017 ( only to check if there is no error ) by going to Downloads option enabled without any problem .

Only football manager 2015 has this error .

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Kruszon said:

Hey.

I bought the Editor December 12, 2016 year there were no problems until I made the format a computer. When I did the format, the editor disappeared. When I wanted to install it, I have a problem.

When you start the game, then press the option to download the files the error appears - error code error occurred 1 / Ann interest in virtual balance

I can not download an editor because I have no way to enter the workshop .

firewall and anti-virus does not block the steam and football manager.

after installing football manager 13 on the same pair (same account) by going to the store tab (no tab to download files in this version) it starts normally, without error.

When you logged into your account friend pairs and installed his football manager 2017 ( only to check if there is no error ) by going to Downloads option enabled without any problem .

Only football manager 2015 has this error .

Please contact help@sega.co.uk in regards to this issue.

Thanks. 

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived