Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Player interaction is a mess still.

Behrami gets sent off. I warn him. His first game back from suspension he gets sent off. I fine him 1 week. He's upset & tells me it's unfair. I told him I was being inconsistent. The very next match (different competition so not suspended) he's sent off within 12 minutes. I fine him again. He's upset and wants to leave because I broke my promise. I never promised not to fine him. Now my best player is unhappy and wants to leave. Great.

Can someone let me know if it's been acknowledged that there are too many goals? Ive posted my results a couple of time. There tends to be a minimum of about three goals a game on average.

Just wondering if this is going to be addressed.

Not played an FM for this little time since the 09 release.

Can someone let me know if it's been acknowledged that there are too many goals? Ive posted my results a couple of time. There tends to be a minimum of about three goals a game on average.

Hope it's not addressed I have played 9 scored 7 and conceded 4 - I can't score!!!!

Seriously I haven't conceded a corner or a 30 yard screamer - mind you I haven't scored them either so I must say I am surprised re posts that say there are too many goals.

One thing I am wondering though is have anyone noticed players dribbling too much? A lot of my players seem to dribble until tackled, maybe my tactics of course but it seems a lot more than previous versions.

More likely to happen in the lower leagues and though I'm sure it'll be adjusted I doubt that it needs huge changes, tweak, tweak is the name of the game at this stage.

Selling players seems impossible. This seems to have been an issue for years now, and its fairly unrealistic. It is very rare in real life a club can't get rid of a player and tends to be only when an average player is on massive wages. In the game you can't even give players away. It makes managing in the lower divisions much less fun as selling on players you have developed is a key part of managing at that level.

In the first season it's always hard because clubs have already spent their budgets, after that it should be much easier, indeed playing in Brazil I feel like Del Boy there's so much transfer/loan activity.

As for giving players away, somebody has to want them and if you don't why would they? AI is more savvy than it's ever been as regards dealing.

Is it possible that a assistent referee flagging for offside while it isn't offside? As I scored a goal but it got disallowed for offside but now that I watched the replay it wasn't offside?:rolleyes: The hole defence was still in front of him lol I know in reallife people can make mistakes but not like this

EDIT: Made a bug report.

Is it possible that a assistent referee flagging for offside while it isn't offside? As I scored a goal but it got disallowed for offside but now that I watched the replay it wasn't offside?:rolleyes: The hole defence was still in front of him lol I know in reallife people can make mistakes but not like this

EDIT: Made a bug report.

Referee mistakes are in the game. :thup:

Referee mistakes are in the game. :thup:

Thats great! Now I have a reason to moan at and blame the ref since they could be wrong ;)

Not so much feedback, more I am not sure if these possible bugs have been reported or not. If not I am happy to provide whatever is needed.

FIRST ONE

I signed a player from Argentina a last season but opted not to buy out the 20% owned by his agent (I am in LigaBBVA). Anyway a year down the road and I decide I want to make an offer for the other 20%. The offer is accepted by the agent at which point I have to offer a new contract (I assume this is what is supposed to happen). A new contract is offered and accepted by the player. Then... Nothing happens. No news. Nothing in transfer area. 20% of player remains owned by agent and his wage remains as it was.

SECOND ONE (minor issue)

When I offer a young promising player out on loan, I make sure he will be a First Team Regular or Key Player. When I accept the offers I always respond with "The player could benefit from first team football". Now when the transfer is about to go through I have an option to speak to the player before he joins his loan club. Which option is suitable here? I am sure I have tried all three options, cant remember em wxactly but something along the lines of either

A - Your are not in my plans so I have decided to loan you out for regular foorball

B - this is a chance for you to shocase ur skills to earn urself a better contract here or elsewhere (note: Ive on ly used this once)

C - Really cant hink what the 3rd one is but something like I feel ur development would be better playing regurarly and we can talk when u get back.

Anyway whichever option I use everytime (except once) the player responds with "Your answer does not match what you said when you accepted the offer" or something along those lines. Is this a bug? or am I not choosing the right option?

Anyway the top one I am 99% must be a bug so that one is really the main question I have here and like I said I can upload save etc

Thanx

Why can you not select the teams from the highland and lowland Scottish league without having to edit the database. This is pretty poor by a long standard because they are now part of the Scottish set up just like in England with the Conference.

Pretty poor by a long standard? Wow.

Nearly every country in the world has divisions that can promote into the lowest playable FM league. England has 18 levels unplayable that are in the pyramid, most countries have 2 or 3 levels active before lots inactive, Scotland is actually doing well with more than most active with 4. Off the top of my head, only England has more with 6, and it's fair to say the standard of the English seventh tier (first inactive) isn't especially different from the Scottish fifth tier as their first inactive.

Is it just me or are penalties rarely missed.

I had the opposition have 2 against me and they missed both (half season underway). One saved, one hit post. Obviously my GK doing the trick (Matthew Ryan :-))

Okay, i bit the bullet and bought the game, but i have an immediate problem.

On trying to load up the game for the first time it needs to complete installation, but every time it gets to 100% i'm being told the Steam servers are too busy and error code 53

Now i have made the purchase i really want to get started, is it just a matter of keep on trying?

Okay, i bit the bullet and bought the game, but i have an immediate problem.

On trying to load up the game for the first time it needs to complete installation, but every time it gets to 100% i'm being told the Steam servers are too busy and error code 53

Now i have made the purchase i really want to get started, is it just a matter of keep on trying?

Completely exit Steam and try again, post again if the problem persists.

Has anyone noticed the Assistant Manager not carrying out some of the tasks allocated. I have set the assistant manager to arrange friendlies and take control of them - however, he hasn't done this. I have also set him to apply pre-match tactics but that isn't happening either.

Completely exit Steam and try again, post again if the problem persists.

Sorry about that, should have tried that myself. That worked a treat cheers!.

Here we go again.

Guest El Payaso

Anyone else noticed that dribbling is once again quite a bit overpowering in this version. Didn't really notice that (watching the games in full speed in terms of highlights) untill we got to La Liga. It's painful to watch those long runs down the flanks. Players like Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo are making like 10 or over succesful dribbles per game when they make something like maybe 4-5 in real life.

Also that play in midfield gets worse the higher you climb in the leagues. Just the amount of time and space and lack of closing down and aggression makes it not look like real football at all. :(

E: If I'm going to post about the dribbling issue to bugs forum should I post .pkms or will just showing the statistics be enough?

Hey everyone! Have a good week etc :D

Any news regarding the next patch? Any indication if it's close?

Asking because I just entered my second season and want to know if I'll have to...adjust soon :)

Cheers!

Hey everyone! Have a good week etc :D

Any news regarding the next patch? Any indication if it's close?

Asking because I just entered my second season and want to know if I'll have to...adjust soon :)

Cheers!

Sorry but as always there'll be no indication of any update until it's on the doorstep.:)

No point even asking.

I'm sure this has probably been brought up but I'm conceding an unhealthy amount of set pieces, particularly corners, in a save as Bournemouth.

The thing that bugs me the most is that I'm training them in defending set pieces every week and it's only getting worse! Anyone got any tips to at least stem the flow of set piece goals?

I'm sure this has probably been brought up but I'm conceding an unhealthy amount of set pieces, particularly corners, in a save as Bournemouth.

The thing that bugs me the most is that I'm training them in defending set pieces every week and it's only getting worse! Anyone got any tips to at least stem the flow of set piece goals?

At least 2 players zonally marking the 6 yard box(we should have a sticky called like that :p )

Anyone else noticed that dribbling is once again quite a bit overpowering in this version. Didn't really notice that (watching the games in full speed in terms of highlights) untill we got to La Liga. It's painful to watch those long runs down the flanks. Players like Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo are making like 10 or over succesful dribbles per game when they make something like maybe 4-5 in real life.

Also that play in midfield gets worse the higher you climb in the leagues. Just the amount of time and space and lack of closing down and aggression makes it not look like real football at all. :(

E: If I'm going to post about the dribbling issue to bugs forum should I post .pkms or will just showing the statistics be enough?

SI probably know the stats before you do. Post the stats to make your point clearer, but PKMs and specific examples of issues are needed.

Is it a big deal to increase the 'zoom out' function when watching 3D on elevated view a few more notches...maybe 5 more...would help the immersion by reducing any quirkiness of the animations ? Would be really great if this could be done for next update...surely it's doable

I see that when no tutors are available, that you can now see why :) ... excellent.

Tutoring%20candidates.PNG

Now is there a chance we can get a link to show who we are talking about here? :) ... that I have 7 potential tutors who just don't play in the same position doesn't mean much if I don't know who they are. Also I have one that is not high enough squad status. Since this is from my young goalkeeper, I imagine that it is referred to my 25-year old senior keeper. But I would have assumed that 'Backup' was higher than 'Hot prospect'? ... I think it used to be.

If it had been any position where I had many older players, then how would I ever know which one(s) were not with high enough reputation? ... since the reputation shown on the Information page can cover a wide range of values, I will have no way of finding out who really has the higher reputation.

More likely to happen in the lower leagues and though I'm sure it'll be adjusted I doubt that it needs huge changes, tweak, tweak is the name of the game at this stage.

Yeah I'm in the Portuguese 3rd division or something along those lines and there is just so many goals! But even when I look across the leagues and the differnt results there seems to be quite alot of goals.

Going into games knowing there is going to be so many goals is really annoying and I don't really wanna quit this save.

Just hoping it will get slightly tweaked to lower the amount of goals going in. I'm scoring lots and so is the AI.

Mods - why did you delete my post about crossing?

Also, could someone please point me in the direction of the way to set up for corners that one of the mods spoke about?

I can't remember who it was, but, new game - 1st corner conceded a goal, and 1st wide freekick conceded a goal too.

Just about sick of it now.

Also, could someone please point me in the direction of the way to set up for corners that one of the mods spoke about?

I can't remember who it was, but, new game - 1st corner conceded a goal, and 1st wide freekick conceded a goal too.

To defend corners just set a minimum of two players to 'zonal mark 6 yard box'

Check this thread out. Might be helpful: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/409042-Conceding-from-corners

When are you guys going to fix goalkeepers? They are still doing incredibly stupid things. Cost me three games in a row.

1st game, Krul stops a ball, on goal line, ball lands at feet...Krul simply stands and watches as a player runs in from outside the penalty box and taps in a goal. None of my defenders moved an inch either, and they were much closer.

2nd game, Krul parries a ball onto post, lands on ground...doesnt budge as ball slowly rolls past his head. He dived after the ball went in

3rd game, basically a carbon copy of the first one.

This is incredibly frustrating, especially if you are already under pressure from the board.

Goalkeepers are receiving a lot of TLC right now, so the instances of slow reactions and duff parries will soon become a distant memory.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I find my defenders to spend way too much time waving for offsides and such instead of actually playing football.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I find my defenders to spend way too much time waving for offsides and such instead of actually playing football.

Are you Arsenal in the 1980's/90's?

I dont know where to post this but maybe here it is correct.

Please do something with this, i found this utterly unrealistic, guess you know what i mean.

Dqvm75M.png

For those who dont know what i mean? Guardiola going to Schalke?

g64fh45.png

:applause::lol:

Can you explain what's wrong with Guardiola going to Schalke?

I'm guessing its the fact he went there and didnt win every game, because you know he is that good.....although he has only managed two teams, both by far the best teams in their respective leagues, both with the worlds best players at them........

I'm guessing its the fact he went there and didnt win every game, because you know he is that good.....although he has only managed two teams, both by far the best teams in their respective leagues, both with the worlds best players at them........

look at barcelona before and after he managed them...they played nowhere near the same level they did while he managed them...hardly a coincidence...

look at barcelona before and after he managed them...they played nowhere near the same level they did while he managed them...hardly a coincidence...

But that's purely subjective, and there's no way you can point at Guardiola and prove that it was solely down to him.

What isn't subjective is what milnerpoint said - he has only managed two sides. Both of those were easily the best teams in their respective leagues, and probably on the continent. If he went to Man Utd instead of LVG and turned them into a title winning side in one season, then yeah, he'll have proved himself. If he did it with an even smaller side that doesn't have the billions behind them, he would have done so unequivocally.

I dont know where to post this but maybe here it is correct.

Please do something with this, i found this utterly unrealistic, guess you know what i mean.

For those who dont know what i mean? Guardiola going to Schalke?

:applause::lol:

As for staying on topic, and the original post...well what do you want us to say? That he shouldn't go anywhere near a club like Schalke? That it's totally unrealistic? Sorry, doubt you'll get many agreeing with you. If he'd gone to the lower leagues, fine, but it's a fairly realistic career path for a manager who has achieved everything. Beyond going to international management, why wouldn't he join a weaker - but, importantly, still a massive - club in Germany? Maybe he really loves Stollen, Bratwurst and Oompah bands.

well im really loving the new format and a couple of fixes it could be the best fm in a long time thanks.

But that's purely subjective, and there's no way you can point at Guardiola and prove that it was solely down to him.

What isn't subjective is what milnerpoint said - he has only managed two sides. Both of those were easily the best teams in their respective leagues, and probably on the continent. If he went to Man Utd instead of LVG and turned them into a title winning side in one season, then yeah, he'll have proved himself. If he did it with an even smaller side that doesn't have the billions behind them, he would have done so unequivocally.

As for staying on topic, and the original post...well what do you want us to say? That he shouldn't go anywhere near a club like Schalke? That it's totally unrealistic? Sorry, doubt you'll get many agreeing with you. If he'd gone to the lower leagues, fine, but it's a fairly realistic career path for a manager who has achieved everything. Beyond going to international management, why wouldn't he join a weaker - but, importantly, still a massive - club in Germany? Maybe he really loves Stollen, Bratwurst and Oompah bands.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

See that's an utterly nonsensical reply...

Firstly i made no reference to the schalke thing - its merely a quirk of a simulation...try sticking to real world here.

And by sticking to the real world you will see that your reply makes zero sense. Your pointing out of what milnerpoint said not being subjective is nonsense and factually incorrect...your highlighting of 'were' easily the best sides in their respective leagues...real madrid won the league in the two season prior to when gaurdiola took over and indeed finished 3rd the season before. Many of those games Barca were sluggish and conceded a good few late goals season prior to guardiola taking over. That Barca team was not great at all. Look at their woeful performances against Man U in Champs League and then compare it to performances in two champs league finals Vs man U...chalk and cheese...and despite what you might be in denial about...the transformation was entirely down to the management of Guardiola...look at Barca demise since he left and their abject performances prior to when he took over.

Barca were nowhere near the best team in their own league let alone on the continent...but that is what Guardiola turned barcelona into under his tenure

Your staunch reply is, ironically, HIGHLY subjective

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

See that's an utterly nonsensical reply...

Firstly i made no reference to the schalke thing - its merely a quirk of a simulation...try sticking to real world here.

Nor did I mention anywhere that you did. I was talking about the original person posting about that. Hence why I mentioned the original post. But since it seems to have been really confusing for you, I've edited the original post. Panic over.

Generally, Im very happy with the game.

But, I agree the Customise View is patience testing. I found two out and out bugs and a dozen little irritants. (As a newb here, not sure if this feedback has already been taken on board.)

But by far the biggest issue is that my game reports that Sean Morrison is Jem Karacan's Dad - which is either some very surprising gossip or is not even remotely true for half a dozen reasons.

Enough fgs! :) In a game Guardiola manages Schalke, big deal. It's not impossible that it could happen irl tbf, unlikely but not impossible.

Personally I've thought for years that no manager is as good as his PR machine, in fact the very best managers are those who remember to turn on the tea urn and hot water for showers at half time :p

I found it unrealistic for a figure like Guardiola with even thinking about going to Schalke.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/15/pep-guardiola-manchester-united-manager-bayern-munich-barcelona

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Schalke_04/Namen_und_Zahlen#Manager (9 coaches in 6 years).

I think his ambition should be higher than that.

My point here is that Schalke is a good German Club but not a good International Club in the last 5 years beside that CL semi final 2011.

So yes i think his ambition and the fact that he can choose the club to manage, at this point of his career, should be higher than managing Schalke, also with that bollocks board of Heldt and Toennies.

Maybe Leverkusen or Dortmund. But i have my doubts over them too.

Schalke is in Gelsenkirchen, an ugly city in Germany (i grewed up 50 kilometres from there) where the beauty can not be found in a "Englischer Garten" or "Olympiapark" like in Munich. But i dont know if that is possible to be reflected in game, i dont think it is.

I found it unrealistic for a figure like Guardiola with even thinking about going to Schalke.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/15/pep-guardiola-manchester-united-manager-bayern-munich-barcelona

I think his ambition should be higher than that.

My point here is that Schalke is a good German Club but not a good International Club in the last 5 years beside that CL semi final 2011.

So yes i think his ambition and the fact that he can choose the club to manage, at this point of his career, should be higher than managing Schalke.

Maybe Leverkusen or Dortmund. But i have my doubts over them too.

Schalke is in Gelsenkirchen, an ugly city in Germany (i grewed up 50 kilometres from there) where the beauty can not be found in a "Englischer Garten" or "Olympiapark" like in Munich. But i dont know if that is possible to be reflected in game, i dont think it is.

Beyond the attractiveness rating for a city (one number, 1-20 IIRC) I don't think anything like that is coded in. But it could be that he wants a challenge. It's hardly inconceivable. Him going to Accrington Stanley or something would be inconceivable, not going to a fairly large Bundesliga side.

Nor did I mention anywhere that you did. I was talking about the original person posting about that. Hence why I mentioned the original post. But since it seems to have been really confusing for you, I've edited the original post. Panic over.

Ha...did you have a panic attack...that explains it lol

Enough fgs! :) In a game Guardiola manages Schalke, big deal. It's not impossible that it could happen irl tbf, unlikely but not impossible.

Personally I've thought for years that no manager is as good as his PR machine, in fact the very best managers are those who remember to turn on the tea urn and hot water for showers at half time :p

I would tend to agree with you that no manager being as good as his PR machine...bar a few exceptional managers over the years...Guardiola potentially being one of them. Sometimes (and probably more often than not) its players that enhance a managers reputation. Anyone who has ever seen Brendan Rodgers on 'Being Liverpool' will have their eyes opened as to how 'good' managers actually are :lol:

Probably been covered elsewhere, but why are Schalke 04 called Gelsenkirchen of Fm15? Did SI lose the rights?

Never had them, where have you been? :)