Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Is there any sample in real life about an injury on the training for 10 months, 6 months or 2 months? These injuries happened on training in the game(10 months, 6 months, 2 months). One of them OK, lets say bad luck. But even first season hasn't finished yet and these injuries happened.

If the problem is me, just say me something to solve this problem.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there any sample in real life about an injury on the training for 10 months, 6 months or 2 months? These injuries happened on training in the game(10 months, 6 months, 2 months). One of them OK, lets say bad luck. But even first season hasn't finished yet and these injuries happened.

If the problem is me, just say me something to solve this problem.

What exactly were the injuries?

If you want an example my team Aston Villa had bad injuries last season. Benteke (6-7 months), Kozak (11 months and still out injured), N'Zogbia (entire season). Benteke and Kozak both suffered the injuries in training, while N'Zogbia got injured on holiday. This season Delph dislocated his shoulder in training. They've had quite a few minor injuries as well.

Very unfortunate and annoying as hell when they happen, but it does happen on occasion, and sometimes clubs get a flurry of them. I try to avoid singing injury prone players, and avoid heavy training, and I feel like the amount of injuries is unrealistically low, although I'm not complaining.

Loaning players out still seems quite pointless as AI teams don't really develope the players at all. When playing at Adelante level I had a centre back that couldn't fit into my side but had a huge potential and great personality (spirited). So I got a loan offer from Girona who also were playing in same league so I thought that it could be worth it. He played about 30 games for them and didn't improve at all even though they have quite good facilities at Girona and he did get enough games.

I had the same issue in FM14. I feel this is an area that needs massive improving without a doubt. It comes down to AI squad building i suppose. Ryan Colclough is a player with loads of potential (Crewe). When I manage Crewe and try to develop him via tutoring and first team exposure, his stats rise drastically and he improves noticeably. On the other hand, when I manage another club and go to check on Colclough's stats 4-5 years later, he hardly improves and is currently playing in the conference at age 24, with average stats.

This really takes the fun out of the game when the AI managers are clueless in how to develop and improve their younger players.

I agree. If I had an option now to be able to block all the future fixes, I may chose it - that's how happy I am with the current ME.

I just won a pre-season match against a very weak opponent, and all 7 of my goals were different than others. And they were all great goals. Maybe even too great - which is one thing that I'd like to see fixed in the inevitably upcoming patches. There is some truth to the complaints about some easy one on ones missed, whereas a lot of goals come from a lot more difficult positions, which is why I said goals are sometimes too great. In a few pre-season matches for example I've already seen 3-4 screamers from 30 yard. I think those goals will be more enjoyable if they are a little more rare. But again, a fix towards this may mean we will never see those goals, and that would be a shame. I'm sure it is hard to balance this for SI.

Crosses: Right now they are defended well, but one thing that may be improved is how much space to wingers are allowed by the fullbacks. I have seen many examples of fullbacks getting too close to the stoppers and pack the middle. The attacking team's midfielders rightfully pass the ball to the wing back who is wide open. This happens a lot, and should be reduced imo.

I quite enjoy the great goals. Efforts in the past to get it "realistic" has made the ME boring and poor. To a degree its not realistic. Beautiful goals are scored evry week in almost every league. Its quite common that good players score "screamers" and other great goals. I would be careful to adjust on this. Because suddenly you loose the varied link up play and great goals, and the game losses alot of flavour.

Is it possible to block future updates on steam?

If you want an example my team Aston Villa had bad injuries last season. Benteke (6-7 months), Kozak (11 months and still out injured), N'Zogbia (entire season). Benteke and Kozak both suffered the injuries in training, while N'Zogbia got injured on holiday. This season Delph dislocated his shoulder in training. They've had quite a few minor injuries as well.

Very unfortunate and annoying as hell when they happen, but it does happen on occasion, and sometimes clubs get a flurry of them. I try to avoid singing injury prone players, and avoid heavy training, and I feel like the amount of injuries is unrealistically low, although I'm not complaining.

OK then. I havent seen before this type of long time injuries on the training in real life so I was a bit angry.

I quite enjoy the great goals. Efforts in the past to get it "realistic" has made the ME boring and poor. To a degree its not realistic. Beautiful goals are scored evry week in almost every league. Its quite common that good players score "screamers" and other great goals. I would be careful to adjust on this. Because suddenly you loose the varied link up play and great goals, and the game losses alot of flavour.

Great players sure - how about mediocre L2 players?

game is too easy. I just won the Uefa Champions League with Steaua Bucharest in the first season, no reloads , no players bought. I just played an attacking 4-2-3-1 wide through the season and i stormed through the games.

xWRVh1.png

This should not happen, but i am glad the game is a bit easier than last year. :D

click on a player and go towards his training..

Yeah, see; I can set a player training for a new position, but no matter what I try I can't seem to set it back again. Puzzles me. It doesn't seem to be as straightforward as it was in FM 14.

Yeah, see; I can set a player training for a new position, but no matter what I try I can't seem to set it back again. Puzzles me. It doesn't seem to be as straightforward as it was in FM 14.

2nd option is go to a player, than "Tab" Development-->Start training new postion

Example: this is what will happend when new position is done:

WrrK7.jpg

To undo stuff you have to go to training and pick the first option u see as I said in my first post:P

Example: pick first option

sCPyf.jpg

Hope this helps u out GL

2nd option is go to a player, than "Tab" Development-->Start training new postion

Yes, that's what I did to make one of my players start training for a new position. But I'm not able to turn it off again ...

To be precise: I can't get rid of the little tick in front of the player's new position in that dropdown list.

Yes, that's what I did to make one of my players start training for a new position. But I'm not able to turn it off again ...

To be precise: I can't get rid of the little tick in front of the player's new position in that dropdown list.

EDIT my earlier post: Placed some pictures for you:o

WrrK7.jpg

To undo stuff you have to go to training and pick the first option u see as I said in my first post:P

sCPyf.jpg

Hope this helps u out GL

Is anybody else finding that their players aren't following instructions set for them? Set the majority of my players to 'Pass it shorter' and 'Fewer Risky Passes' as well as retaining possession, working ball into the box and play out from defence, but keep finding players hoofing the ball up field, losing possession and conceding. Checked players pass maps in the analysis, for example my wing backs, and see about 20-25 long balls intercepted, with these instructions surely there shouldn't be that many?

WrrK7.jpg

sCPyf.jpg

Hope this helps u out GL

Thanks for trying, berends. Trouble is I don't get that first option "playing position" IE the natural position for the player, and the one I want to get back to. Right? Don't see it in the list. Weird.

Thanks for trying, berends. Trouble is I don't get that first option "playing position" IE the natural position for the player, and the one I want to get back to. Right? Don't see it in the list. Weird.

Yh basically u have to select the players natural position to make things undo.. mmm thats indeed weird u might report that than, glad could help u out!

Like I said, I'm loving this ME. And I don't have any issue with GREAT players scoring those screamers, but it's a bit unrealistic seeing my midfielders with 10-12 long shot attribute scoring those screamers on a regular basis. Still, I prefer it this way rather than none at all.

It's just you :) They are missed far more than in FM14, but still in line with real life stats.

Last year, none of them missed, this year I have seen them hit the post, saved and completely miss the target.

Definitely. I've had four pelanties this year and my useless ******* taker has missed three of them.

Definitely. I've had four pelanties this year and my useless ******* taker has missed three of them.

Perhaps bad luck though. I'm currently managing Spurs and out of 11 penalties I only missed 2 so far from what I can remember. Those two who missed aren't my main takers. Happend in a penalty shoot out:)

My Main takers:

Christian Eriksen:

yipAF.jpg

Soldado:

aarMh.jpg

Penalty Shoot Out:

1024x575.resizedimage

My only real annoyance is how easy it is for my Man United team to get bullied off the ball no matter who the opposition is.It's ridiculous really, otherwise, now that I've settled on a formation I'm really enjoying the ME.

Thought I would come back and comment on this thread after a good while with the game,

Its easily (to me anyway) THE best FM/CM to have been released..It's blown the last 2 out of the water!

ME is alot better after the recent patch, Still A few tweaks needed but nothing game breaking!

Recently downloaded the English lower leagues database, So officially stuck into my longterm save now.

For anyone being put off by the people moaning, Just play the game for yourself, Honestly I am not getting 99% of the bad things written on here?

FM forums have gone down hill the last few years, Seems like there has been a influx of spoiled gamer's who expect to win everything straight away.

This game requires you to put the work in, Dont listen to others criticism, Play it for yourselves.

I bet there are some artificial limitations on number of goals, to prevent ultra high scores. I noticed this many times before, if you won first period with say 5+ goal difference, the second period gonna end 0-0 or you lose it 0-1. No matter how hard you dominate the game, ME just won't let you score more :cool:. I had 32 shots in second half and just 11 of them on target (a lot of silly misses from like 2 meters), I hit the crossbar 3 or 4 times, their keeper made plenty of crazy incredible world class saves, despite having <10 goalkeeping stats and 45% fitness :D.

QLl9IzBl.png

No whining, just thinking out loud about fully non-scripted ME :rolleyes:.

I bet there are some artificial limitations on number of goals, to prevent ultra high scores. I noticed this many times before, if you won first period with say 5+ goal difference, the second period gonna end 0-0 or you lose it 0-1. No matter how hard you dominate the game, ME just won't let you score more :cool:. I had 32 shots in second half and just 11 of them on target (a lot of silly misses from like 2 meters), I hit the crossbar 3 or 4 times, their keeper made plenty of crazy incredible world class saves, despite having <10 goalkeeping stats and 45% fitness :D.

QLl9IzBl.png

I have won 13-1 in on match so I dont think thats the case. Players get complacent and uinterested. Team talks also change how effetive your players are.

It's also what happens in real life. It's rare for a team that scores 5 or more in one half to score many more, they get complacent and their manager rests key players, and the losing team tightens up and stops whatever their glaring weakness was.

I have won 13-1 in on match so I dont think thats the case. Players get complacent and uinterested. Team talks also change how effetive your players are.

Competitive or friendly? Did you watch the game?

Players get complacent and uinterested.

I dont think thats the case :). My players kept attacking like there's no tomorrow.

Spectacularly wide of the mark :D

I love how it's always, always, without a shadow of doubt, the ME and not the user who has the problem. Perhaps the opposition completely shut up shop to keep things respectable? Show us an image of your long shots stats from that match please.

My suspicion is that they went ultra defensive and you just kept piling forward with over fast attacking play. A more measured approach is likely to have yielded more goals.

Perhaps the opposition completely shut up shop to keep things respectable?.

Heh.. no they didn't. The opposite team are so bad, I can hardly call it professional, its players barely had any attribute above 10. All my attack and midfield players literally sat in their 6 yard box for entire second half.. Ball just won't go into the net.

Spectacularly wide of the mark I love how it's always, always, without a shadow of doubt, the ME and not the user who has the problem.

And again I'm not saying ME is scripted.. it just seems to have some elements that preventing free flowing simulation in some cases.

Heh.. no they didn't. The opposite team are so bad, I can hardly call it professional, its players barely had any attribute above 10. All my attack and midfield players literally sat in their 6 yard box for entire second half.. Ball just won't go into the net.

That's my point. You needed to lure them out, but persisted with an overly attacking Mentality. How many of your shots were Long?

Just suggested £38million for Arsenals Callum Chambers. They come back with £351million. I was amused to casually put in £128million which is my entire budget and bid. They come back a couple of days later trying to negotiate it to £265million. Realistic stuff.

I don't know if this is a bug that should be raised elsewhere, but currently, if you are close to your Football League FFP wage limit, your club's player's wages get limited to £350pw when offering them a new contract, just like new signings are (which is understandable), despite the fact they may already be on say £2Kpw, and even if they want a wage reduction. This is without any prospective signings coming in.

Just suggested £38million for Arsenals Callum Chambers. They come back with £351million. I was amused to casually put in £128million which is my entire budget and bid. They come back a couple of days later trying to negotiate it to £265million. Realistic stuff.

Realistic that they don't want to sell a promising youngster? Definitely.

Realistic that they don't want to sell a promising youngster? Definitely.

Really? You think that Arsenal would turn down £128million for Callum Chambers? You think that Arsenal would turn down that money for any player? That's realistic to you? Shall we see how high I can bid with it being rejected to see when it's not considered realistic? If they want to negotiate at say £180million for a few million more would you say that's about right?

A quick edit.

It's about a month later. £136million with £13.5million twice in clauses that adds it up to £163million. Oh and they also want 20% of any future sale. Is that realistic for a full back? Remind me who the worlds most expensive full back is and how much he cost.

Really? You think that Arsenal would turn down £128million for Callum Chambers? You think that Arsenal would turn down that money for any player? That's realistic to you? Shall we see how high I can bid with it being rejected to see when it's not considered realistic? If they want to negotiate at say £180million for a few million more would you say that's about right?

A quick edit.

It's about a month later. £136million with £13.5million twice in clauses that adds it up to £163million. Oh and they also want 20% of any future sale. Is that realistic for a full back? Remind me who the worlds most expensive full back is and how much he cost.

Is it realistic that you're even able to offer 128m for a youngster? IRL you'd be sacked or at the very least the board would block the offer. ;)

The fact is - They don't want to sell.

Is it realistic that you're even able to offer 128m for a youngster? IRL you'd be sacked or at the very least the board would block the offer. ;)

So the game is incredibly unrealistic then.

I'm confused why Chambers isn't kicking up a fuss also. A club just has to be in the same league as me and my players want to move. Then everyone tells me I'm mean for not letting them move. So I let them move and everyone tells me I'm an idiot for selling someone with such talent. It's all so realistic. Good thing it doesn't take 8 minutes to save nowadays either... oh wait.

So you want to return to the era of not for sale at any price

Yep, that's exactly what I'm not saying. Do you know how many defenders cost £163million or more? Why defend the game for the sake of defending it?

So the game is incredibly unrealistic then.

I'm confused why Chambers isn't kicking up a fuss also. A club just has to be in the same league as me and my players want to move. Then everyone tells me I'm mean for not letting them move. So I let them move and everyone tells me I'm an idiot for selling someone with such talent. It's all so realistic. Good thing it doesn't take 8 minutes to save nowadays either... oh wait.

The game has its limits. Boards blocking unrealistic offers is something that might be introduced in the future, who knows. The fact that you're getting quoted 300+ million should have told you they don't want to sell.

Who are you managing? Unless you're a very big club, you're going to struggle to unsettle an Arsenal player.

The game has it's limits. Boards blocking unrealistic offers is something that might be introduced in the future, who knows. The fact that you're getting quoted 300+ million should have told you they don't want to sell.

Who are you managing? Unless you're a very big club, you're going to struggle to unsettle an Arsenal player.

It's clear they don't want to sell. But no club in the world within the foreseeable future would ever turn down an offer anywhere near £100million let alone far more for a full back. It's just not realistic. Whether they want to sell or not just doesn't come into it. The fee is obscene for a defender. Just look at the list of top transfers for full backs. They're top top full backs too, not Calum Chambers.

It's clear they don't want to sell. But no club in the world within the foreseeable future would ever turn down an offer anywhere near £100million let alone far more for a full back. It's just not realistic. Whether they want to sell or not just doesn't come into it. The fee is obscene for a defender. Just look at the list of top transfers for full backs. They're top top full backs too, not Calum Chambers.

Yes, but as I've said before - you shouldn't even be able to offer that much. The fact remains that they don't want to sell for any amount of money.

Who are you managing? You can try unsettling the player. Then it'll be much easier to buy him.

Archived