Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

This media question sums it up;

TC6z2nq.jpg

Also; insane amount of goals constantly.

jfoJPpd.jpg

Haven't turned FM on to play in a few days in hope a fix will be out soon.

EDIT: Decided to play a game and it ended up 5-4. Turned it straight off.

im 5 seasons in now and i still have no idea about tactics somehow ive kept my job at newcastle by consistenly coming midtable, consistency and progression are no where to be seem

As has been said a few times now, use zonal markers in the 6-yard area. It's helping for a lot of people.

In the meantime, SI are working on improving corner and cross defending in general.

Thats ok until the AI start aiming corners outside the box for someone to shoot, it either flies in or hits the players you have in the 6 yard box and goes in

Probably an un-popular opinion here but i feel the game is a bit over the top with player interaction these days. I like having it in the game but players coming to you so often for so little is getting frustrating (i'm at the start of my first season now). It feels like a few times a week players are coming to me. There are so many different player interactions in the game now that there is nearly always something for someone to moan about. What i loved about it in previous fm's is that now and again players would come and moan but endless young players asking to go on loan, back up players constantly complaining about the lack of football, players always wanting new deals (for various different reasons). players unhappy at a player being sold (in some cases it's been a senior player complaining about a young player leaving). Players unhappy about club underachieving (after only 5 league games, 2wins,1 draw, 2 losses. Not great but not enough for them to moan so early in the season)

Again, this could possibly be very much an un-popular opinion, but it's something i personally feel needs to be toned down

It's quite a popular issue.

Thats ok until the AI start aiming corners outside the box for someone to shoot, it either flies in or hits the players you have in the 6 yard box and goes in

If only there was a way to put a player on the edge of the box...

Guest El Payaso

Loaning players out still seems quite pointless as AI teams don't really develope the players at all. When playing at Adelante level I had a centre back that couldn't fit into my side but had a huge potential and great personality (spirited). So I got a loan offer from Girona who also were playing in same league so I thought that it could be worth it. He played about 30 games for them and didn't improve at all even though they have quite good facilities at Girona and he did get enough games.

I'm in Brazil Div2 and about one in three players I loan out definitely benefits, the others I recall if they definitely aren't.

It's important to include the recall clause because loaning has to be managed in quite a lot of detail to get best results.

I much prefer using my own reserve team as the development school when I can.

As has been said a few times now, use zonal markers in the 6-yard area. It's helping for a lot of people.

In the meantime, SI are working on improving corner and cross defending in general.

They could just make that the default setting and it'd put paid to a large number of complaints. I think many people who play this game don't set up their set piece instructions and leave it on default so making that the default would help matters.

They could just make that the default setting and it'd put paid to a large number of complaints. I think many people who play this game don't set up their set piece instructions and leave it on default so making that the default would help matters.

Why should they? I have one of the weaker teams in the league and (in 12 games managed by me) I've conceded 0 from corners. I've also scored 0, but that's another matter. :D

It just isn't the same for everyone.

Finally had enough time with the game to play about 5 friendlies. Long shots seem a bit overpowered, not sure if it's because players are too good at them or if keepers are just not good enough at stopping them. Goal totals also seem a bit high, although maybe too early to make a full judgement on that. I've seen 6-1 and 5-2 scorelines so far in only 5 games. Then again I'm friendlies as Dortmund against lower level sides, so maybe it's nothing to be worried about yet.

Large? How do you define that? What about the people who aren't complaining?

There's an obvious near post issue and zonal marking helps, but the issue still needs fixing. When the issue is fixed, you don't need zonal marking.

There are some stupid media messages - I'm 3 games in and a striker of mine has come off the bench twice for about 10 mins each time and you get comments along the lines off "some fans are questioning brining in a player who is struggling to find the net".

Ok so this may be more of a wishlist thing than for this thread but I'm sure one of the mods can tell me. Here's the situation:

My club is broke and I'm at my wage budget limit with no transfer money available. My star player is on a big contract but it expires in 8 months. He's aging so I figure he may take a reduction in wages, so I go to 'offer contract' to see what he's asking for. He's asking for more than he's on (£110k per week) and all I can offer is £59k. It's obvious he'll get insulted by this number so I just hit walk away, thinking we've not talked, I'll revisit this soon. Now when I revisit it his agent refuses to talk to me because 'talks broke down before'. Well they didn't, there were no talks, I was just sounding him out. This may well be working as intended but it's nonsense. Those who play OOTP will know you can go into a contract talk to 'sound out' the player and as long as you don't make an offer you aren't deemed to have 'engaged in talks'. This is how it should be. I'm now going to lose my best player and he's going to be pissed for the next 6 months. Great.

instead of walking away you should of just clicked the back arrow, usually avoids upsetting them

Also if you pick the default 4-3-3 narrow you get the message that the gap between midfield and forwards is too large.

instead of walking away you should of just clicked the back arrow, usually avoids upsetting them

Maybe thats the answer. Thanks. Still seems wrong, I never engaged in a discussion.

I'm getting really annoyed with the constant crash dumps. It's happening at least twice an hour now...

Please report it in the technical / crashes forum. We can't help you here.

I skipped Fm 14 and carried on playing FM 13 which I had a great save. Did try Fm 15 demo and of course there are many areas which Fm 15 is better than Fm 13 however 1 crucial area that I enjoy Fm 13 more than at least FM 15 demo is the variety of types of goals. In my Fm 13 there are all types of goals, crosses. long range shots, dribbles, corners and especially through balls (which I hardly see in the demo). The goals are also well spread between striker and midfielders whereas in my demo my striker does not seem to be able to score.

I skipped Fm 14 and carried on playing FM 13 which I had a great save. Did try Fm 15 demo and of course there are many areas which Fm 15 is better than Fm 13 however 1 crucial area that I enjoy Fm 13 more than at least FM 15 demo is the variety of types of goals. In my Fm 13 there are all types of goals, crosses. long range shots, dribbles, corners and especially through balls (which I hardly see in the demo). The goals are also well spread between striker and midfielders whereas in my demo my striker does not seem to be able to score.

+1

FM13 ME is the definition of perfection. Well. Almost.

Please report it in the technical / crashes forum. We can't help you here.

Report what exactly? Not a lot you can do, is there? It's not a specific issue.

I really think its a ME bug. Its not only IA scoring on corners but my team on 5 corners 3 are sure goals. I score nearly more than a goal by corners, sometimes 3 goals in a match. Both with short pass corners and long ones, if you set them properly thats gonna be the outcome. Most goals come by corners and crosses. I hope they fix it because its very boring (even if you dominate) and makes matches not very interesting to watch.

I think I might just stay with Fm 13 as it gives still as much enjoyment and entertainment.

Also getting the message "media reporting a row" with a player I haven't spoken too in over a month

Also getting the message "media reporting a row" with a player I haven't spoken too in over a month

Please report bugs in the bugs forum. You'll need to upload a save from just before these messages. Thanks.

Keepers are still far to slow even after the Hotfix: "Tweaked some defensive play..." "Not reacting quickly enough after a save"

and so are players for that matter...they too stand still at inappropriate moments waiting for the next amin to kick in...

Keepers in particular are highly trained in the reactions department and will begin to recover and reposition in a fraction of a second.

Sorry to keep on re this and I see that it is apparently being worked on but...

the last hotfix should have cleared the problem in the first place (better still pre-release, as these problems should never have existed in the full game release.)

As I remember goalkeepers in 2014 did not behave in this fashion.

On the upside FM 2015 is still the best out there!

I think we may not see another patch for a while

There's no reason to make that assumption.

Just conceded a goal where the ball was played into the box, my keeper didn't move at all and the forward covered 15 yards to get to it.

So to summarise what's come up on this thread-

Too many Peter Lorimer long shots

Overpowered near post corners (having two defenders zonally marking the 6 yard box seems to help)

Still poor reaction speed by keepers

Players being far to whiney

Overpowered near post corners (having two defenders zonally marking the 6 yard box seems to help)

Still poor reaction speed by keepers

Players being far to whiney

Players in game or players of FM15?

:D

Seriously there are improvements that SI can make to the game, but since the hotfix it is more or less the most playable release I can remember.

Then how come I am seeing all kinds of beautiful goals in FM15? After testing the demo for some time, last night I decided to buy the game, which became the first FM game that I bought after many years. Sure there are still many areas that need to be addressed (also outside of ME), but this year's ME is light years ahead of any others I have seen in terms of looking like real football. It was certainly good enough for me to overlook some important aspects of the game, such as match ratings which are still crap, and to buy it. No game will be ever perfect and completely bug free, but the key is, if you can still enjoy the game enough to ignore the imperfections. And that's what I have at the moment with FM15. It is so much better than all of the previous versions for me, that even if I know there won't be any patches, I will still be happy.

Note: In a weird way, I am almost nervous that any upcoming patch will imbalance the ME and I won't like it anymore. That would be a shame really.

Guest El Payaso

Maybe so but I cross my fingers that they don't get rid of long shot goals again. Been waiting those to be back in the game since FM 2010 and really enjoying seeing more than 1-2 goals from range per season.

I would add to that list defenders' inability to defend inside the penalty area and midfield area being quite tame in terms of defending and physical play.

I think we may not see another patch for a while

all that needs fixing is the long save times tbh

game is much better at the start than fm 13 and 14 were (both were near unplayable until after xmas)

Has anyone else had a player complain about first team action after he started the past two games? I promised him I would play him more and started him the next two games, and now he's back telling me he wants to leave to get first team action.

Is this game as bad its claimed to be because at the moment I've been put off playing it after reading all the bad things that are happening in it?

Is this game as bad its claimed to be because at the moment I've been put off playing it after reading all the bad things that are happening in it?

Playing the demo is always the best way, as you know what you will take form it.

Play the demo and make your mind up for yourself. It's never worth basing anything on things you read in a forum like this.

It's never worth basing anything on things you read in a forum like this.

Agreed.:)

Actually got the game but was waiting for the first patch before I played it but then I read about all the problems which was probably a bad idea.

What a difffrence a hotfix makes! I am almost in awe how well and stable the ME is at the moment in my saves. Nice link up play through the middle an varied in all aspects. Far the best it has ever been. Great work SI! Now my only concern is that a new update will come and ruin it. It has happen before, to the degree you feel you play a totally diffrent game.

That said, one on ones should be more effective. Some very akward shooting at the moment, and strikers seem to score far less, but handle with care! No totally overhauls needed.

You're still criticising the ref even if you aren't shouting, they don't like that :)

And thats fair enough, but it is not nearly as bad a saying the ref just wanted to be centre of attention, which results in no action being taken. Managers (particularly when they are doing local radio/paper interviews) always say things like they didnt think a card should have been red etc.

Meh maybe I was just a bit, shall we say riled, because I lost to my bogey team again (who have since been relegated) and it more or less put me out of the playoff race :( oh well another crack at the Serie C cup next year it is :lol:

Actually got the game but was waiting for the first patch before I played it but then I read about all the problems which was probably a bad idea.

The bad idea is not making your own mind up, if you ever get married will it have to be arranged for you? :D