Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Confirming, in Linux matches are now playable past the overflow date but the game fails to register the fixture result. A step in the right direction at least. Thanks guys for the ongoing effort, appreciate it.

We are still looking into this issue as present, thanks for the update.

xTgpbTq.png

First impression of the release, got murdered by Bayern for 7-1:eek:

Ps. the exact same save and same tactic, 15.0.2 scores line were like 5-4, 15.0.3 --- 1-0

xTgpbTq.png

First impression of the release, got murdered by Bayern for 7-1:eek:

Ps. the exact same save and same tactic, 15.0.2 scores line were like 5-4, 15.0.3 --- 1-0

Well that's not exactly unrealistic. See what happened to Roma a couple of weeks ago.

There is 100% more injuries since the update and i have not even played a game. I have played 2 weeks during international break and ive had 4 of my players get injuries ranging from 6 weeks to 4 months. My news feed is also full of players on my shortlist who have received injuries. I am not saying that it is unrealistic or that it is a bug but something has definitely changed from the beta as my players were hardly ever injured.

If the AI teams are also having issues, then upload a save to the bugs forum, if not, its probably something you or your AssMan is doing in training, or the injury proneness of your team having an effect, etc etc.

Created my own standard 442 tactic just before updating to the full game, won 4 on the bounce. After updating, lost the next 3 - 1 of them 6-0. A midfielder scored a hat-trick of long range shots. In Conference North?!

Well that's not exactly unrealistic. See what happened to Roma a couple of weeks ago.

Not saying this is unrealistic...but seems like the high scoring chance from wide players is back.

I will do a couple more test before i make my judgement..

There is 100% more injuries since the update and i have not even played a game. I have played 2 weeks during international break and ive had 4 of my players get injuries ranging from 6 weeks to 4 months. My news feed is also full of players on my shortlist who have received injuries. I am not saying that it is unrealistic or that it is a bug but something has definitely changed from the beta as my players were hardly ever injured.

It's just coincidence, there have been no changes to injuries.

Long time Football Manager player, since CM98 I've bought every single one without fail but with FM15 I feel this maybe the first one I miss out. This is not because of the ME which is better than FM14s nor the actual mechanics of the game but the general interface which is in my opinion a step backwards in many areas.

1. General UI:

Dark skin is default is difficult to read since their is not enough contrast between the background and the text. If Opacity is the aim the menu backgrounds have to be a lot less opaque.

Font is difficult to read and not too easy on the eye, my biggest complaint is it's too thin and too 'fun' for FM which is characterised by a professional approach

2. The Sidebar

Whilst neat takes up large part of the screen (esp on a 13 inch 1280x800 laptop) feels like the screen has been cut by a third, is not expandable or retractable into icons without headers adjacent. The changing sidebar colour gives the UI an amateurish feel and unlike FM14 where you could pin locations to the toolbar everything is fixed in the sidebar.

3. Player profile:

Default colours are barely distinguishable light green is barely different to the darker shade so good and great attributes just blend in. I know you can change this but it's a strange choice and makes a bad first impression. In FM14 dark blue stands out from lighter shades which emphasises the good part of the player's game.

The awkward position of ‘Vision’ Attribute. I can understand why Vision replaced the generic all encompassing "creativity" but the placement of Vision splits up teamwork - work rate and displaces it from decisions. I think SI should think about listing attributes by how closely related each attribute is to each other, e.g First Touch, then Technique ;Crossing then Passing and not alphabetically (or at least have the option in the preferences to list in either form.)

The hyphen that lists neutral in attribute changes is large and obnoxious unlike fm14 which is much more discreet.

Important actions like 'Offer New contract', 'Make an Offer' and 'Get Scout Report' are hidden in sub menus. I think this is a bad move since they're important enough to stand alone and so requires the user to dig into the menus to find them instead of being immediately apparent. I understand SI wanted to reduce the amount of toolbars until the core content is displayed but perhaps being able to pin certain actions independent of menus would be best.

4. Tactics screen

As has been mentioned before the tactics screen is a step backwards from FM14.

The pitch player icons are in my opinion a bit too large. Player's don't take up that much of the pitch even though it's illustrative. The pitch no longer at first glance shows player roles, this has to be accessed from the left side of the screen and so forces the player to constantly switch from left to right.

Strange choice of colours to demarcate player positions for e.g purple for DMs?? Black for strikers?? The icon that supposed to resemble how competent a player is in a position being represented by the length of an oval is a step backwards from the star rating system in FM14 or the traffic light buttons of FM12.

5. Scouting

'Show Realistic targets' are hidden under a filter sub menu and is not immediately visible, this is a shame as it's a much needed attribute which now take 3 clicks to show.

Icons in a player scout report loosely resemble the attribute they are supposed to represent. For example a link in a chain represents intelligence?? Surely a brain or a light bulb would be better?

Black star to denote unsure is bad colour choice, opaque, grey or a lighter shade of gold would be better. Even better would be a flashing star but this may be too complex to code.

Other than that I like the new changes, the new tactical options such as distribute to full backs, the positioning of player's on a pitch depending on mentality/role etc but the crux of the issue of a game like FM is usability and I think it's a step backwards in this area.

9/10 of those issues can be solved by a new skin, which is pretty good news for you

Some first impression feedback, haven't played any games yet on final version. The game runs way faster and is much more smooth than FM14 at least on my laptop. Good job! :thup:

I always go on the belief the more the merrier, that way it can't be missed! ;)

Done. Now i'll try to get some actual playtime before going to bed.

Cheers :thup:

Same could be said for you champ - do you choose to ignore the fact that others, not just myself have mentioned losing 10+ FRONT LINE players after 2-3 weeks of footy? I would actually like you to answer that. Then i'd like you to tell me if ANY of the current top clubs in the PL have 10+ FRONT LINE players out. Guys here at work are jamming FM15 right now, different save points, STILL seeing the injury BUG.

...not bagging the game, just stating there IS an issue. Some people are too quick to put on their riot sheilds and defend the game

After the last beta patch i noticed too that strikers/attacking midfielders are getting slightly more injuries then defensive players. But could be coincidence as i played only one season.

But injuries over all are fine. Just look at the the upcomming game Bayern against Frankfurt, both teams have 8 and more injuries each. Maybe there could even be more short term injuries.

ME still so broken, I'd say even more than it was in previous beta builds. Defenders are useless. I got best defensive pair in the league, but still I'm conceding 3-5 silly goals every match. And it's not about my tactics, like I'm playing very attacking football and getting caught on counter-attacks itc, no, 95% of goals it's a close range headers/tap-ins from set pieces/corners or wingers crosses. My defenders just don't know how to position/mark/cover/tackle, whatever the settings/instructions.

0tSpcU3l.pngg

OfS4Jm3l.png

I just started my second season after the update. Just look at the scorelines..

w3vxndp.png

This goal is so typical and very indicative of what I was talking about. Two of my players on the wing just keep following the opposite player, keeping their respectful distance (I'm laughing while typing this, seriously), not trying to tackle, not doing anything to prevent the obvious incoming cross. Both of my centre-backs, they had an advantage, but noo, they prefer to just stand there rising their arms trying to signalize the offside, instead of making an easy interception..

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kFn2VRkZ-2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Too late for a suggestion?

Full screen windowed mode? I prefer full screen as it runs smoother than just windowed. As i have 2 monitors, when i use my second monitor the game minimises. Im pretty sure you used to have the option in there?

Unable to connect Error 1000 : check this out SI !

Steam servers busy, Contact steam if the issue persists, otherwise, just try again in a bit.

95% of goals it's a close range headers/tap-ins from set pieces/corners or wingers crosses. My defenders just don't know how to position/mark/cover/tackle, whatever the settings/instructions.

Both of my centre-backs, they had an advantage, but noo, they prefer to just stand there rising their arms trying to signalize the offside, instead of making an easy interception..

Totaly aggree on that. That is the biggest flaw the ME still has. Defenders need to defend crosses much better. They should atleast pressure the attacker so he can't make a perfect finish like they do atm. And very often attackers react much faster then the defenders, which just stand there or raise there arms for offside...

It's hard to play with wingers as it feels like abusing the match engine. And Whipped Crosses and early Whipped Crosses seems just to strong to use too.

Try again in a bit, could be worth refreshing your network connection before giving it another try.

Thank god, it's friday! Thanks guys. And one question: the right bottom of the opening screen says it is 15.1.1 yet you said that match engine 1531. What is that and how can i check that?

Its on the game status screen, however if you have version 15.1.1 it will have that ME.

Are there any plans to release a follow up data patch? Things like managerial changes etc? I want to start my long term save, just in case there's another patch due soon

I can't seem to load my edited database into the game. The 'editor files' option is greyed out :/

afsafaf.png

Did you save them correctly?

Did you save them correctly?

Just used the 'save editor as...' option and gave it a name. I'm presuming I'm missing something here.... :p

Don't know if this is a known issue and its only a minor annoyance but, when a goal is scored and after the replay, some of my widgets are opened (I keep a few on screen but always minimised except for quick reference). Its always random which ones and sometimes its none. Anyone else have this?

Just realised in a game, that Juan iturbe is completely white, and i'm talking just paper white

Just noticed the same.

Anyone know if I start as a "Sunday League Footballer" is there a way for my mental attributes to be improved ?

Yeah mental attributes will improve over time after success and achievements in-game.

I can't seem to load my edited database into the game. The 'editor files' option is greyed out :/

afsafaf.png

Did you put the file into the 'editor data' folder in your documents? (Documents>Sports Interactive>FM15>editor data)

Anyone know if I start as a "Sunday League Footballer" is there a way for my mental attributes to be improved ?

Yes they improve

Yeah mental attributes will improve over time after success and achievements in-game.

In my game determination, adabtability and level of discipline never improved. Even after 9 seasons they are still at 2. Posted it in the bug forum but seems to be working as intended, so maybe not all mental attributes improve.

Did you put the file into the 'editor data' folder in your documents? (Documents>Sports Interactive>FM15>editor data)

That's where the data is saved automatically. Although when I actually go that folder there's just a config file there, yet when I view the folder from the editor it shows my edited data file

EDIT: Think I've solved it :) The editor was saving the data to my documents on my C drive, while I've moved all my sports interactive folders to my D drive, hence why it wasn't showing up. Cheers for your help guys :)

That's where the data is saved automatically. Although when I actually go that folder there's just a config file there, yet when I view the folder from the editor it shows my edited data file

For the last 2 or 3 versions FM has always created two document folders, perhaps yours has done the same?

OK, here's the thing. Here's a list of things that happened in each of the 7 league match I attempted

I went up 1-0

I lost 2-1

I hit the woodwork at least 3 times

I had a goal chalked off

I concede the winner at the EARLIEST in the 84th minute, the latest....the 96th.

That's in EVERY match, I lose by the same score, hit the woodwork multiple times, have a goal chalked off and lose in the last 5-10 minutes....Every.....Single.....Match

In one save, I lost 7 of 9 defenders in the first 3 'friendlies' to foul-related injuries for up to 4 months. No other injuries were incurred anywhere in my squad

In another, I lost 4 of of 5 strikers in the first 2 'friendlies' to foul-related injuries for up to 7 weeks. No other injuries were incurred anywhere in the squad

I thought FM2014 was bad, but 2015 is frankly horrific. Once again it's practically impossible to figure out decent tactics without a degree in mathematics and an indepth knowledge a genuine manager would be proud of. And when you think you have it sussed, the AI gives itself, lets be honest here, a 91st minute penalty. And when you get one injury, you get several in the same area of the team.....it's totally unplayable. And yes, I've waited before posting this, I'm not posting in anger I'm posting in sadness that I will never again experience the thrill of waiting to see what new features have been created, never again take control of my beloved home town club and lift them from the doldrums of the Conference to Euro busting heights as I did in 2010, or FA cup glory in 2012. Never again the edge of my seat drama in the final minutes of that match, the winning of which will signal another cup, another promotion, another dream. Goodbye, Football Manager. It's been a blast.

Only played a few games thus far but match engine looks great. Goalkeepers making fine saves (but not unrealistically), players passing the ball instead of shooting from ridiculous angles, good recycling of possession when there's no shooting option (and my tactics would demand this instead of a hopeful shot)...

Very good so far. Very impressed.

Only issue I'm seeing thus far is that defenders still seem a little too over-eager to hoof it.

34xguuq.png

AI Game - 9-1 Chelsea, in which 7 of the goals came from crosses

Edit: I know this pic doesn't show it, but I did watch the highlights, it was indeed, 7 goals from crosses

OK, here's the thing. Here's a list of things that happened in each of the 7 league match I attempted

I went up 1-0

I lost 2-1

I hit the woodwork at least 3 times

I had a goal chalked off

I concede the winner at the EARLIEST in the 84th minute, the latest....the 96th.

That's in EVERY match, I lose by the same score, hit the woodwork multiple times, have a goal chalked off and lose in the last 5-10 minutes....Every.....Single.....Match

In one save, I lost 7 of 9 defenders in the first 3 'friendlies' to foul-related injuries for up to 4 months. No other injuries were incurred anywhere in my squad

In another, I lost 4 of of 5 strikers in the first 2 'friendlies' to foul-related injuries for up to 7 weeks. No other injuries were incurred anywhere in the squad

I thought FM2014 was bad, but 2015 is frankly horrific. Once again it's practically impossible to figure out decent tactics without a degree in mathematics and an indepth knowledge a genuine manager would be proud of. And when you think you have it sussed, the AI gives itself, lets be honest here, a 91st minute penalty. And when you get one injury, you get several in the same area of the team.....it's totally unplayable. And yes, I've waited before posting this, I'm not posting in anger I'm posting in sadness that I will never again experience the thrill of waiting to see what new features have been created, never again take control of my beloved home town club and lift them from the doldrums of the Conference to Euro busting heights as I did in 2010, or FA cup glory in 2012. Never again the edge of my seat drama in the final minutes of that match, the winning of which will signal another cup, another promotion, another dream. Goodbye, Football Manager. It's been a blast.

The match engine and the injuries are the same for you and the AI. If you are having issues with either that the AI is not having it is down to something you are doing. If the AI is having the same issue then report it as a bug. If not, id suggest a visit to the tactics forum, share what you are doing, and be prepared to receive advice on what you could improve.

This goal is so typical and very indicative of what I was talking about. Two of my players on the wing just keep following the opposite player, keeping their respectful distance (I'm laughing while typing this, seriously), not trying to tackle, not doing anything to prevent the obvious incoming cross. Both of my centre-backs, they had an advantage, but noo, they prefer to just stand there rising their arms trying to signalize the offside, instead of making an easy interception..

Dyou have your centrebacks set to close down more often coupled with a stay on feet TI? Because that's what it looks like.

34xguuq.png

AI Game - 9-1 Chelsea, in which 7 of the goals came from crosses

Ben, if you are having this in multiple games, upload your save and log a bug report. If it is a one off, these things can happen.

It might be a one off, I'll keep an eye on scores, but we've a few people complaining of similar high scores, and we already know about defenders not being able to defend crosses

EDIT: Think I've solved it :) The editor was saving the data to my documents on my C drive, while I've moved all my sports interactive folders to my D drive, hence why it wasn't showing up. Cheers for your help guys :)

Thanks for the update. I'll get this passed on to the Dev team to take a look at optimizing.

Dutch leagues.

Has anyone played in them and had any teams relegated from the Juliper League and a previously non-playable team be promoted up into it?

I have ran two separate holiday seasons (saving before the July 6th end of season update) and reloaded numerous times. I then took one of those saves and holidayed the 2nd season and reloaded numerous times and not once has a team been relegated and another promoted :(

Dutch leagues.

Has anyone played in them and had any teams relegated from the Juliper League and a previously non-playable team be promoted up into it?

I have ran two separate holiday seasons (saving before the July 6th end of season update) and reloaded numerous times. I then took one of those saves and holidayed the 2nd season and reloaded numerous times and not once has a team been relegated and another promoted :(

If you havent already, can you report this in the bug forum and upload your saves please :)

Thanks

Dyou have your centrebacks set to close down more often coupled with a stay on feet TI? Because that's what it looks like.

Nope not at all. It this particular match I was using

W4Snwuzl.png

I've been playing around with different instructions tho, tried no offside trap and no tighter marking, but Get Stuck In instead and many others, nothing worked.

Btw it's funny how moderators keep ninja deleting negative posts, hehe.

loving the full release update. I feel FM2015 is heaps more enjoyable than FM2014. The updated match engine seems tighter and more polished than the beta, and my tactics are finally clicking with my team notching quite a few clean sheets in the last few games. Good job SI!