Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick question on add/remove league. ( I have a brand new high spec laptop/no programmes running and cache is cleared)

At the start of the game I loaded up 14 leagues over 13 countries.

Season 2 I removed 7 leagues(now removed) so should my game be running like i loaded up 7 games or is it still running on the assumpion of double of14?

It's processing only the leagues you have loaded currently. :thup:

I've only ever seen them say, that though they are willing to find one.. they failed to find one that is suitable..

To me they said that " they simply see no point in creating links with any other clubs at this point in time". They said this after roughly 2 weeks of searching for a club, after they agreed that a Parent Club would be beneficial.

The injuries are the same and absolutely terrible. It's not the total amount of injuries at any given time that's the issue. The issue is that too many injuries happen during games, and severity of them is too much. For reference I had Paul Pogba go off injured for 3 months, Falcao go out for 4 months, and Rooney go out for 2 months during my last match against Everton.

This is not me trying to be a drama-queen, but I'm done with this game until this is toned down or gone about differently. I am ripping out my hair. Crosses are still over-powered as well. Luke Shaw and Rafael assist for fun every game. Very disappointing.

Good job you aren't the real manager of Man United or you'd have quit before the season started with the amount of injuries they had

You must have done nothing since the update, but play FM every second because otherwise there is no way you have tried every downloadable tactic, with your team having learnt it to fluid level, even if you have played every second, its still highly unlikely you have done as you have said.

There are only a handful of tactics put together from this forum I am talking about. Perhaps there are many more elsewhere but I haven't looked on the other websites yet.

I suppose frustration had taken over. I've tried 2 different downloadable tactics and put one together myself. Absolutely nothing appeared to make any difference. Too many easy goals against and far too many injuries and cards. For me there does appear to be a problem and I don't appear to be the only one. I cannot get my defenders to even make any remote attempt to defend which makes any team easy pickings.

I just experienced the weirdest thing managing Man United. First of all, I get a message at the first of january saying that I can change my expectations for the season. So I select 'Title'. Then it gives me the message that my budget is increased to 145 million euros (while it was about 0) and my wage budget to almost 4 million a week (while it was about 3.4 million). I checked the Board page, and the budgets had indeed changed to what I just described. The very same day, I get a message saying that my transfer budget is reduced to 1 million euros and my wage budget to 3 million euros a week. Is that supposed to happen??? Seemed too good to be true anyway. Screenshots are provided.

changeexpectations.png

newfunds-1.png

Seems well weird. Even though it is right that my transfer budget shouldn't have been as big as it was, surely it shouldn't have been increased to 145 million in the first place?!

Could you post that in the bugs forum and upload a save just before it happened? Thanks.

I have a suggestion for a feature in a patch or in next year's edition. The state of set pieces has bothered me for a while now. In most games you'll see your team repeat the same set piece tactic throughout the whole game, when in reality there should a lot more variety. And once you setup a good set piece tactic, you'll more often than not end up with the ball back in your possession in very dangerous areas repeatedly, leading to easy out balls out wide, leading to more set pieces, etc. In my experience having good set piece instructions leads to too much increased possession of the ball. The issue I think is that the AI doesn't adjust very well to different set piece tactics (and neither do you unless you go in and change your set piece instructions every 30 minutes). If my runner from deep is repeatedly never picked up, you'd be sure a real manager would address this.

What I propose to fix this issue is this:

Instead of specifying one set piece routine in your tactics screen, either have the ability to specify several and your players will cycle through your preferred routines or simply build in more randomness from the single preferred routine. Then, the Def and Atk set piece match training options would have more obvious effects. Def Set piece makes players mark better etc but also influences how well the defence adjusts to different routines.

Haha all this talk about injuries and i've only had 2-3 all season, none of them over a month!

Im always very happy when injuries are the main problem in the forums. This or too many red cards, the two classics. If this is the case, i know that the ME has to be reeeeaaaaally good. :-)

I feel like I need to reiterate my experiences with the latest patch..

SI have certainly addressed the issue of crosses being OP, and almost a guaranteed source of goals, defending has been improved, and some of the play looks nicer, considering everything isn't always getting pumped out wide..

However, this patch hasn't actually done anything.

With goalies seemingly being better, and defending seeing an improvement, the already bad 1 on 1 conversion rate seems to be even worse. This means that like before, the majority of goals for and against are still coming from crosses/set pieces.

Some of the build up play in the middle of the pitch looks really good, but rarely results in a goal when you get your striker in due to these conversion rates.

I've seen a big increase in goalies parrying the ball into the path of an oncoming striker.

I've seen a lot of wayward back passes, and back-headers that are falling short, and right into the feet of strikers.

The diversity of how goals are scored doesn't seem to have changed, it's just gotten sloppier and ugly, with more goals coming from rebounds, and bad parrying from goalie.

My tactic before the patch used exploit the middle TI, despite wing play being OP. I also used my wingers playing narrow and cutting inside. This gave better balance to my team going forward, and ofc, despite playing through the middle, most of my goals were from crosses.

However, since this supposed fix to crossing, I'm now actively seeking to play using the wings.

Goalkeepers have entered god mode when it comes to stopping shots on the ground.

Teams defend better through the middle.

Despite being able to create chances in and around the box, such as this:

140m974.png

Conversion rates are so poor, for me and the AI, most of the goals are a result of crosses, or mistakes, and rebounds.

So, I'm not really sure what this patch achieved.

It's certainly more boring to my eyes than the previous patch, and even though I'm still relying on wing play for my goals, my tactic has fallen apart.

I feel like I need to reiterate my experiences with the latest patch..

SI have certainly addressed the issue of crosses being OP, and almost a guaranteed source of goals, defending has been improved, and some of the play looks nicer, considering everything isn't always getting pumped out wide..

However, this patch hasn't actually done anything.

With goalies seemingly being better, and defending seeing an improvement, the already bad 1 on 1 conversion rate seems to be even worse. This means that like before, the majority of goals before and against are still coming from crosses/set pieces.

Some of the build up play in the middle of the pitch looks really good, but rarely results in a goal when you get your striker in due to these conversion rates.

I've seen a big increase in goalies parrying the ball into the path of an oncoming striker.

I've seen a lot of wayward back passes, and back-headers that are falling short, and right into the feet of strikers.

The diversity of how goals are scored doesn't seem to have changed, it's just gotten sloppier and ugly, with more goals coming from rebounds, and bad parrying from goalie.

My tactic before the patch used exploit the middle TI, despite wing play being OP. I also used my wingers playing narrow and cutting inside. This gave better balance to my team going forward, and ofc, despite playing through the middle, most of my goals were from crosses.

However, since this supposed fix to crossing, I'm now actively seeking to play using the wings.

Goalkeepers have entered god mode when it comes to stopping shots on the ground.

Teams defend better through the middle.

Despite being able to create chances in and around the box, such as this:

140m974.png

Conversion rates are so poor, for me and the AI, most of the goals are a result of crosses, or mistakes, and rebounds.

So, I'm not really sure what this patch achieved.

It's certainly more boring to my eyes than the previous patch, and even though I'm still relying on wing play for my goals, my tactic has fallen apart.

ah i see you've discovered Ajer, i was shocked when i found him just randomly scouting Norway, great CA for his age but how has he been developing for you? doesn't seem to be improving too much for me

ah i see you've discovered Ajer, i was shocked when i found him just randomly scouting Norway, great CA for his age but how has he been developing for you? doesn't seem to be improving too much for me

Yeah Ajer is solid, I managed to find him at the start of the game at 16, and got him for free which was awesome..

2ccuiww.png

Hope you can see this..

3rd season in, and he's now a starter

How about giving us an option to take the ball out of defense through passing play, not just pump it out every single time? It's like Stoke city all over the game. Guardiola would rather hang himself than look his team pump the ball every time a sign of opposition pressing shows (if you can call this pressing).

And crosses are still to powerful. Also, I have scored 4 goals as rebounds from crosses that hit the crossbar. Total number of goals scored is 5. And it is NOT my tactics. Also, AI does the same thing, but somehow, they have managed to miss their chances in these few games.

Anyone experienced a striker slowing down to a walk? Just had a ball played over the top to Diafara Sakho, who isn't slow. Clean through with at least 20 yards between him and the last defender, keeper stays on his line, just outside the penalty area he inexplicably slows down to walking pace and the defender gets back and wins it with a tackle. Very odd indeed, nice to see him not shooting from 30 yards but not so happy to see him decide to take a wee stroll when the goal was at his mercy!!

Game is good and challenging! Have had to adapt tactics much more often than previous FM's to suit my team to certain opponents. Just a quick point(s).

As mentioned by several users, the save game is taking an age which really takes the flow and some fun out of the game... (and hurry up releasing the light skin PLEASE ;))

How about giving us an option to take the ball out of defense through passing play, not just pump it out every single time? It's like Stoke city all over the game. Guardiola would rather hang himself than look his team pump the ball every time a sign of opposition pressing shows (if you can call this pressing).

And crosses are still to powerful. Also, I have scored 4 goals as rebounds from crosses that hit the crossbar. Total number of goals scored is 5. And it is NOT my tactics. Also, AI does the same thing, but somehow, they have managed to miss their chances in these few games.

Like one saying 'play out of defence' maybe? ... it's already there and it works great with my Norwich side..

Like one saying 'play out of defence' maybe? ... it's already there and it works great with my Norwich side..

It would be great if it worked. But it doesn't. Doesn't even look like it. Playing as Bayern, I can't quite believe my players are not capable of doing that, but apparently, they aren't.

That option exists under instructions. "Play out of defence"...

Any to my own issue. The problem with crosses and corners isn't just the super level finishing at the end of them. Even when the person at the end of the attempt misses or the ball gets cleared, usually the knock back or pass back into the box leads to a goal. The entire passage of play that occurs after a cross or corner tends to result in goals more than a simple midfield build-up and through ball. The also skews the assists stats making it seem like a normal pass led to the assist even though the entire play like most successful offences was initiated by a wide ball into the box.

Not just strikers, I have seen defenders slowing down when chasing a loose ball. Sometimes they get it, sometimes striker gets to the ball first. No particular reason to slow down, though.

Yeah, some of the worst goals I've conceded were instances where the striker covered the 40 yards between him and the ball faster than the defender covered the 5 yards between him and the ball.

Well, the absolute worst goal I've conceded was a case where the keeper, while watching the winger, somehow drifted completely out of bounds and was unable to make the save on a shot that was taken from almost the endline because he ran into the side netting trying to get back into the field of play. But that's another story.

I've promised players that have come to me that they can leave in the next transfer window because they aren't in my first team plans. I've put them on the transfer list and the unwanted list but nobody has come in for them. This ends up being counted as a broken promise and causes unrest in the squad.

Is this a documented issue? What exactly am I supposed to do?

Guest El Payaso
It would be great if it worked. But it doesn't. Doesn't even look like it.
Same here, I tried this as my right full-back started to punt them long under no pressure and nothing changed. These things should be like 'I'm your boss and you try to do as I tell you to do...' It's then my fault if that keeps costing us goals if my players aren't capable of doing that properly but like I said, they should be trying to do it if I tell them to try do it.

I'm a bit annoyed with those playmakers deeper down the pitch. 2 and half season gone and haven't seen a single creative pass made even though I've given them the chance to attempt to create chances and I really do have players running to spaces between the lines and behind the defence.

at 1:30 Never seen anything like it in FM. Generally, transition play is way "underpowered", since players don't roam from positions as they should. Even with more fluidity, creativity and roaming selected. That's one of the things (with pressing, of course) that FM actually lacks for years.

Has anyone had issues with the game processing slowly or not at all when FM 15 is not the active window? Ie I often look at other things in between clicking continue. But I have noticed this version that when I move to another window / open a folder the game slows to a crawl. Clicking on the FM window the game continues at a normal pace.

Not seen this in previous FMs. I'm running on a 2009 MAC. Not sure if this is related to some Mac issues people are having.

The speed of saving and processing when FM is the active window seems same as normal for me, so not sure if that is same issue or not.

My Mac specs are

3.06ghz Intel core 2 duo

4gb Ram

Radeon 4670 256mb graphics

Didn't have an issue with the game running in background on FM14. Are the requirements that much different to effect it?

Also I did a little test and the game seems to process ok when it is full screen in its own space but I am on another space doing other things. Issue seems limited to windowed mode when FM is not the active window.

Thanks

Edit, only difference i see on the back of the FM14 and 15 boxes for spec for mac is the OS X number. I am running OS X 10.10 Yosemite, has the game been tested on 10.10?

Same here, I tried this as my right full-back started to punt them long under no pressure and nothing changed. These things should be like 'I'm your boss and you try to do as I tell you to do...' It's then my fault if that keeps costing us goals if my players aren't capable of doing that properly but like I said, they should be trying to do it if I tell them to try do it.

I'm a bit annoyed with those playmakers deeper down the pitch. 2 and half season gone and haven't seen a single creative pass made even though I've given them the chance to attempt to create chances and I really do have players running to spaces between the lines and behind the defence.

But is you playmaker selected in a deep playmaking role or attacking. Is he in a defend, support or attacking role type, fluid or structured etc. It all makes a big difference

Not just strikers, I have seen defenders slowing down when chasing a loose ball. Sometimes they get it, sometimes striker gets to the ball first. No particular reason to slow down, though.

I've logged this...sometimes they chase with speed, then slow, then speed up. Not sur eif this is a genuine issue or that they slow assuming no pressure then speed up when getting chased / closed down

I don't know if it is a joke, but Miles is twittering about adding Martin Odgaard to the game with the next patch. Apparently got parental permission via Twitter. I love the world of FM. :D

What's the odds the kid actually plays FM and he was gutted when he seen he was not in the game so he had a word with his folks?

It would be great if it worked. But it doesn't. Doesn't even look like it. Playing as Bayern, I can't quite believe my players are not capable of doing that, but apparently, they aren't.

Any chance of you uploading .pkms to support this into the Bugs Forum so they can be reviewed please? Otherwise, it's just a bit of a rant really, isn't it?

Rubbish like this happens too often.

Header back to goal goes woefully short. Defender doesn't react, indeed just stands still long enough for the striker to get there first, and bad goalkeeper decision making..

It's way, way quicker to upload a .pkm to the Bugs Forum than it is to upload a YouTube clip :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405113

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/406157

If I trusted SI, I just might.

I've played too many FMs to care to be honest. We're left with the same issues and bugs each year, only graphical improvements seem to be high on the list of Priorities. I've been around and played long enough to know that when something get's fixed, a few more things break.

I don't suppose there is a way to revert back to the previous patch, this is the first patch in a long time that I've found unbearable.

Archived