Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

How are the injuries since the last patch? I haven't played with the new patch yet but prior to this patch I would usually get at least 1 injury per game or some times 3-5 injuries in a single game.

im not finding injuries too bad usualy got around 3-4 injuries at 1 time which seems about right

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are the injuries since the last patch? I haven't played with the new patch yet but prior to this patch I would usually get at least 1 injury per game or some times 3-5 injuries in a single game.

The injuries are the same and absolutely terrible. It's not the total amount of injuries at any given time that's the issue. The issue is that too many injuries happen during games, and severity of them is too much. For reference I had Paul Pogba go off injured for 3 months, Falcao go out for 4 months, and Rooney go out for 2 months during my last match against Everton.

This is not me trying to be a drama-queen, but I'm done with this game until this is toned down or gone about differently. I am ripping out my hair. Crosses are still over-powered as well. Luke Shaw and Rafael assist for fun every game. Very disappointing.

Well, I started another new save. Still can't get players to defend. Seems to be absolutely no way to get players to stop crosses. Too easy for opponents to score. Too many yellow and red cards and still too many injuries. Players just seem to run about the pitch doing nothing in particular. I've tried my own tactics and about every single downloadable one, letting them get fluid and still nothing. Even players with excellent stats appear no better than players with poor stats. Overall the game seems pretty poor so far and the patches don't appear to be making it any better.

Well, I started another new save. Still can't get players to defend. Seems to be absolutely no way to get players to stop crosses. Too easy for opponents to score. Too many yellow and red cards and still too many injuries. Players just seem to run about the pitch doing nothing in particular. I've tried my own tactics and about every single downloadable one, letting them get fluid and still nothing. Even players with excellent stats appear no better than players with poor stats. Overall the game seems pretty poor so far and the patches don't appear to be making it any better.

You've done all these in 1 day? Wow, respect. Usually it takes me half a season at least to get a tactic to Fluid for example.

You must have done nothing since the update, but play FM every second because otherwise there is no way you have tried every downloadable tactic, with your team having learnt it to fluid level, even if you have played every second, its still highly unlikely you have done as you have said.

SI just seem to go from one extreme to the other.

On FM14 I had a feeling that wingers shoot too much from narrow angles instead of crossing the ball. And now it's basically the opposite. And after a 15.1.3 update, the players with long flat bullet throw can be very devastating.

On FM14 I had a feeling that wingers shoot too much from narrow angles instead of crossing the ball. And now it's basically the opposite. And after a 15.1.3 update, the players with long flat bullet throw can be very devastating.

Which is pretty much how coding the ME works. Change one variable on one side, and many others change elsewhere. It's a balancing act.

You're not going to get any credibility by so obviously making things up, it's really time for you to start backing your claims with proof.

Hello update 15.1.3 take very long time to save games, about almost 5 minutes it is more long time than with update 15.1.1, and with 15.1.1 it already was very long time to save games, I hope to SI fix quickly for new update. Thanks

Having a "feeling" has no value at all as evidence that something is wrong.

But you're right to assume that a tiny change can have a huge effect, kind ofobvious really.

Hello update 15.1.3 take very long time to save games, about almost 5 minutes it is more long time than with update 15.1.1, and with 15.1.1 it already was very long time to save games, I hope to SI fix quickly for new update. Thanks

Yes it's a known issue which will be resolved, can't say when though.

Well, I started another new save. Still can't get players to defend. Seems to be absolutely no way to get players to stop crosses. Too easy for opponents to score. Too many yellow and red cards and still too many injuries. .

What do you class as 'too many'? What yardstick are you using for this?

Also, I think you'll find if you look at the crossing stats post-match, you'll see the cross conversion percentage will be very low, usually between 10-20%. Unless you watch the full match, you're unlikely so see the crosses the defenders DO stop. of which there are many.

Actually, that's a slight bugbear for me in the highlights packages. I normally watch 'extended' and more often than not the highlight will start with either a corner or a free kick. I'd quite like to see what happened immediately before that led to these set pieces. I've not really got the time to sit through the full match or comprehensive, so this would be nice to be added to the 'extended' option.

The injuries are the same and absolutely terrible. It's not the total amount of injuries at any given time that's the issue. The issue is that too many injuries happen during games, and severity of them is too much. For reference I had Paul Pogba go off injured for 3 months, Falcao go out for 4 months, and Rooney go out for 2 months during my last match against Everton.

This is not me trying to be a drama-queen, but I'm done with this game until this is toned down or gone about differently. I am ripping out my hair. Crosses are still over-powered as well. Luke Shaw and Rafael assist for fun every game. Very disappointing.

Can you post that PKM here please, sounds like a nasty match to generate three long term injuries in one go: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks?order=desc

Liking the hotfix, game is so much better to watch, play is more varied, all over pitch instead of wide all the time, a couple of tweaks in my tactics to adjust for ME fixes and enjoying so far, just the saves which is a known issue.

Are injuries going to be toned down? It has been absolutely absurd every season so far, with different teams, and everyone I've talked to has said the same. Take a look at the latest Chelsea season I played--this screenshot is from pretty early on in the year, and this was the same year towards the end. No I'm not doing high training constantly, yes I'm letting players come back to match fitness before playing them. People are getting hurt during games more than anything, with insult to injury (literally) added between matches and on international duty.

Those injuries are almost all at least several weeks, and Pogba's was 4 months. The same players get injured a lot despite not being injury prone players in reality (why does Hazard get hurt so much? Guy has rarely missed a game in his career and that 2nd injury is 5-6 weeks). It's extremely unlikely to have that many players out at once during a season, let alone at two different points of the year. People are constantly getting hurt, it's a new report on an injury seemingly every day and a constant juggling of hurt players.

Even if the game does somehow reflect the average injury rate (in case I'm going to be shown an example or get told that by SI), is that very fun? To me, this isn't fun, and is a case where 'realism' (if injuries really are about equal) hurts gameplay. Arsenal are having an injury crisis in real life, about as bad and extreme a case as can happen on one team, and it still doesn't equal my squad's injuries. Hope it gets fixed, thanks for listening!

Look at post 875. Are they really higher than real life experience?

To many times GK needlessly carries the ball over the goal line resulting in corners

:D

Ha, does this still go on?

I think I was about the only person on FM14 who NEVER once saw this happening. Like, ever. Yet most others complained it would happen at least once a match. Needless to say I've not seen it happen on this version either, and I don't recall many others posting about it.

1) To many wayward back passes resulting in a corners

2) To many times GK needlessly carries the ball over the goal line resulting in corners

:D

SI are looking for examples of both these issues (I haven't seen the second one at all), so please upload .pkms to the Bugs Forum.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/406157

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405113

Oh, the thing about keepers carrying the ball over the line I have seen many many times, in FM 14. That sort of thing can happen in rl, sure, but it seemed to be a bit too much of it in FM 14. I haven't seen any instances of that sort of thing in FM 15 though. Yet. Keepers goes to catch a ball - unnecessary, because the ball is going to go outside the goalposts anyway - and the momentum/inertia brings him and the ball over the line. Corner. Happened way too often.

A random Q and sorry if I have posted in the wrong section but can you not sign anyone on free until a certain date? It's currently Feb7th but I can't approach to sign anyone on a free who have contracts expiring end of june? I always thought you could do this from Jan onwards? Thanks!

Not sure if its an issue or if its something im doing wrong. Playing as Rhyl in the Welsh Premier League and trying to sign a player on a free transfer. It asked me to talk to him to try and persuade him into contract negotiations so I told him that he could become an icon or legend at the club. He responded by saying that he likes the sound of that. I go to offer him a contract but hes still not interested. Why is he leading me on!

Just finished the third season in the EPL and I noticed QPR finished strongly, 5th I think, and they had been lingering in the top 4 for a good while. Over the summer they made some very good moves, sold Caulker to City for 13m and brought in Janmaat for 3.4m, El Shaarawy whose career was stagnating for 17m, Joe Gomez from leeds 3.6m a highly rated versatile young defender, and Gary Medel for 2.2m. Very reasonable signings that strengthen their team in preparation for continental football.

Other transfers around the world seem reasonable, although Lukaku returned to Chelsea for 28m after spending four seasons at Everton. He wasn't unhappy and was not transfer listed, but Chelsea showed interest and simply signed him. I guess he was surplus despite performing well as Everton also had Abel Hernandez who was getting unhappy at lack of first team chances. I would have expected Everton to hold out for at least 35m+ but maybe since he supports Chelsea, he may have leaned on the manager's ear when the bid came in.

I think in England you can only approach players who might be on a free at the very end of the season, not after january.

I can offer contracts to players with contracts expiring at the end of May but not at the end of June. Just thought this was strange! (playing as MkDons, L1, currently Feb7th)

Could you upload a few examples to the Bugs Forum please, if you haven't already done so? It doesn't take long and helps to get this issue improved.

Will try to do so when I'm at home :)

However once every couple of matches isn't such a big problem for me to be honest. I will do that though :)

First season complete, another English team wins the Champions League (Arsenal). I'm not playing in England and all the top leagues are on full detail. I know a one-off is no guarantee, but it is worrying given every previous FM's experience of English teams dominating all for years. My FM11 experience of the first 24 seasons all being won by English teams (and the England national team unbeaten in 30 years of qualifiers!) despite me not managing in England still haunts me.

Quick question on add/remove league. ( I have a brand new high spec laptop/no programmes running and cache is cleared)

At the start of the game I loaded up 14 leagues over 13 countries.

Season 2 I removed 7 leagues(now removed) so should my game be running like i loaded up 7 games or is it still running on the assumpion of double of14?

That's actually something I've noticed too. Getting a lot of goals from long shots scored against me. However I did indeed play conservatively allowing space only outside the area so it kind of makes some sense. Noticed a reduction when we came out of our shell, so to speak :)

My tactic revolves around keeping a solid shape, in theory this should be effective in the lower leagues, it's not like I'm letting Ronaldo or Bale shoot at goal. I've checked my stats again, I'm up to 21 games in league and cup with 26 long range screamers in there. Using the analysis tab it's not even as though they're taking 10 long shots on goal, it's usually anywhere between 1 and 3.

i know its not a major issue but is the conversation bug where it says the tone is "passionately" all the time being looked into? watching the games is very enjoyable and im enjoying the new hotfix

If it's been reported, it will be looked into. :thup:

I just experienced the weirdest thing managing Man United. First of all, I get a message at the first of january saying that I can change my expectations for the season. So I select 'Title'. Then it gives me the message that my budget is increased to 145 million euros (while it was about 0) and my wage budget to almost 4 million a week (while it was about 3.4 million). I checked the Board page, and the budgets had indeed changed to what I just described. The very same day, I get a message saying that my transfer budget is reduced to 1 million euros and my wage budget to 3 million euros a week. Is that supposed to happen??? Seemed too good to be true anyway. Screenshots are provided.

changeexpectations.png

newfunds-1.png

Seems well weird. Even though it is right that my transfer budget shouldn't have been as big as it was, surely it shouldn't have been increased to 145 million in the first place?!

I've heard that games started in the beta mean that I can never get my coaching badges as it always gets stuck, and I would have to re-apply to begin the course again - leading to a vicious cycle in which I never earn my National A License. Is this true, or some awful rumour?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Not sure if this is a bug, but for 3 seasons now I keep asking my board every time the option becomes available for a Parent Club. I don't remember but I think their first answer was always "no" but after telling them that the financial benefits would make the club grow, they agree to it. But every time they come back after a month saying that they don't feel like the club needs a senior affiliate. If this is the case, why would they agree in the first place?

Archived