Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Noticed a lag in saving at about 75% on the save bar. Pauses briefly at about 20% then the major lag at 75. Took about 20 seconds and I am about a game month into the save. Wasn't as quick as FM 14 before the Hotfix but certainly quicker than it is after the hotfix. Have reported on Thomit's thread in bug forum.

That's how it works, 2 stages, compress and save.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Okay anyone with a 'slow' save, please upload your save game file to our FTP and let me know the save game name (ideally by PM so I don't have to keep checking this thread). FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405113-FTP-Details

Thanks.

Possibly a little late but had noticed people talking about goals from crosses, well its something i've noticed too. Seemed the vast majority of goals conceded would happen this way so i decided to have a look.

I'm playing as Southend and the 50 games are spread between League 2 and 1. Also is 50 games the maximum you can view as would love to be able to see my total.

BNS6Got.png

I can confirm that verifying cache helps a lot on saving time. I tried saving after applying the hotfix and it was very slow. After verifying cache its much much faster. Still slower than FM14 though, but about the same time as before the hot fix.

By the way can anyone help re :

1. Create New Tactic doesn't take you to a "create new tactic screen" this year it just offers a selection of tactics. Am I missing something?

2. In match if you tinker with your tactic it's very difficult to go back to your starting one as you can't just click it on the dropdown menu as you can out of the match screen. You have to load another tactic, then go to manage tactics, and import your tactic to make it appear in the dropdown.

3. My DOF seems very slow. He has all responsibility but despite needing scouts etc he just seems to be having a cup of tea! In FM14 the DOF was vey quick to fill the staff vacancies as required.

Appreciated.

i tried to sign a striker domenico berardi , great looking little striker! plays for sassuolo serie a, they rejecyed my bid of 18mil + 50percent of next SALE, and accepted juventus bid of 9mil....... surely this is a huge bug?

i tried to sign a striker domenico berardi , great looking little striker! plays for sassuolo serie a, they rejecyed my bid of 18mil + 50percent of next SALE, and accepted juventus bid of 9mil....... surely this is a huge bug?

I'm not sure how FM handles this contractually, but it's basically a given that Berardi will join Juventus unless the latter doesn't take up their option on him. He's on loan from them at the moment.

If I had to guess, the loan deal has a "Future Fee" set that Juve met, forcing Sassuolo into the sale.

Ok saving issue aside the ME is a real pleasure now. I know i should play a few more games but first impressions are just as important, aren't they!

- Ball control has been refined.. when players receive a pass, the ball no longer "rubber bands".. it feels more like a solid object that follows the laws of physics

- Thanks to improved control, short passing in tight spaces is now possible. ME feels like watching a real football match now.

- Crossing is indeed reduced because now it's easier to pass and play through the middle, and when crosses occur they seem more effective. My wide men are actually dribbling a bit closer to the box before delivering a dangerous cross.

- Players now follow the "short passing" instruction and attempt to play the ball into the box rather than take the easy way and crossing it.

- Again I have to praise the ball physics, the ball feels heavier overall. It's a pleasure to watch.

- Tackling animations. Either my mind is playing tricks on me or animations have been vastly improved. Before the patch, your player would suddenly fall down and lose the ball when the opposition is still 10ft away and in the middle of the tackle animation. Now it looks like it's better timed, players go down after the tackle is made, and it looks much better.

It was ok before, but now the game feels like a proper release emoticon_shades.png

I'm not sure how FM handles this contractually, but it's basically a given that Berardi will join Juventus unless the latter doesn't take up their option on him. He's on loan from them at the moment.

He is actually co-owned by Juve. They might have had an option to buy Sassuolo's 50% for 9 millions. Apart from that, co-ownership deals have always been a bit strange in FM, with teams accepting weird bids especially from the other co-owner team. Fortunately this is history after one season as co-ownership is abolished in 2015.

Okay anyone with a 'slow' save, please upload your save game file to our FTP and let me know the save game name (ideally by PM so I don't have to keep checking this thread). FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405113-FTP-Details

Thanks.

Not sure I got this ftp thingy to work. Dragged my save file over to the game-save folder, but can't see it in there anywhere. It's named "thomit's arsenal save". It's 97.1 MB.

2j1k8x4.png

GG SI - Lols

But seriously..

Always found AI squad building and transfers to be a bit suspect, well a lot suspect. I tend to use this for my advantage however..

Roberto Pereyra was on loan at Juventus from Udinese - No one picked up his contract at end of season so I got him for free..

1 Season later I sell him back to Juventus for 30 million..The season on loan he had at Juve was also statistically better than what he achieved with me..

Seems legit Oo

Not sure I got this ftp thingy to work. Dragged my save file over to the game-save folder, but can't see it in there anywhere. It's named "thomit's arsenal save". It's 97.1 MB.

Yeah you have to refresh the folder in the filezilla thingy before you can see the additions, have you tried that?

Just wanted to update my feedback with the new patch. Everything feels balanced at the moment! I haven't gotten to the chance to really check out for consistency, but i could definitely see a difference from the get go. I've noticed that WM(A) act a lot more like IFs now. Most important for me is that playing through the middle is an option now. Anyways thanks again for the quick update!

I can confirm that verifying cache helps a lot on saving time. I tried saving after applying the hotfix and it was very slow. After verifying cache its much much faster. Still slower than FM14 though, but about the same time as before the hot fix.

That verifying cache thingy takes even longer than saving the game :(:D

Playing FM15 for the first time having bought a hard copy at the weekend. Couple of questions....

Why, when I'm playing in full screen mode, does it keep minimizing? If I leave the computer for a minute or two, to get a cup of tea or whatever, I come back and can see my desktop cos the game has minimized.....

...and why when I create a 2nd manager profile, does it then overwrite the old manager profile whilst also adding a new one so that I suddenly have lost my first manager and instead have two duplicate managers (ie. 2 x the 2nd profile I created!)

I've also had the game crash for no apparent reason (Crash dump when I was on my tactics screen) and I'm having the same issue as loads of other people that saves are taking wayyyy too long to save....

Bug central so far.

Still think there are massive room for improvement on the match engine, i'm playing in league one and almost every game the opposition scores from 25 years out into the top corner and it is impossible to defend crosses and corners. Im 14 games in to the season and ive had 2 cleans sheets scoring 29 and conceding 24 its an average of nearly 4 goals a game

what are the amount of goals scored in the games the ai plays out ?? are we seeing too many goals still or is it a lot better after the hotfix ??

It is games involving human managers, Just holidayed a season and Chelsea won the league scoring just 71 goals, the highest in the League, Burton scored 80 in 46 games in League 2

Playing FM15 for the first time having bought a hard copy at the weekend. Couple of questions....

Why, when I'm playing in full screen mode, does it keep minimizing? If I leave the computer for a minute or two, to get a cup of tea or whatever, I come back and can see my desktop cos the game has minimized.....

...and why when I create a 2nd manager profile, does it then overwrite the old manager profile whilst also adding a new one so that I suddenly have lost my first manager and instead have two duplicate managers (ie. 2 x the 2nd profile I created!)

I've also had the game crash for no apparent reason (Crash dump when I was on my tactics screen) and I'm having the same issue as loads of other people that saves are taking wayyyy too long to save....

Bug central so far.

With regards to minimising I've had the same issue with fm14 & occasionally 15. It's caused I believe by my antivirus. I generally now just launch game turn off wifi and then turn off av. Doesn't happen then. There may be another way round it if you want to stay online but I cba to try looking for a solution.

Did that myself now and nothing changed, unfortunately.

Still just as slow :(

The amount of goals is almost perfect now, I think. However, still too many goals scored from crosses, about 40% in my holidayed season versus the real life percentage of about 16%. Defenders still seem to be unable to detect nearby strikers in the area. But I am under the impression that it has improved. Numbers don't lie however, so still some work do to. E.g. I can't remember seeing a cross actually being blocked...

All in all it's getting better and I am very grateful that we have fast patches coming here. There's much potential this year.

Oh, but saving does take ages for me, too, now...

Enjoyed the ME in the beta, totally stupid since the full release. Every shot is a goal, for the opposition of course. Kind of got to the point with this game (in general) to do nothing but laugh at the swings in changes to the ME from update to update. It really shouldn't be so wild, it should be small tweaks to get it right.

It is games involving human managers, Just holidayed a season and Chelsea won the league scoring just 71 goals, the highest in the League, Burton scored 80 in 46 games in League 2

oops ...my bad....just waiting till the game is in a state i want to play ....this all seems promising now!!

I don't get the issue with saving taking a minute, I mean, what is a minute in the grand scheme of things? Specially if you save once per month.

Or are the people complaining, the type who save before every game...?

Personally, I don't mind there being more goals from crosses, I think the balance is about right at least on my save. Some go out, the majority are cleared, very rarely there's a good open header. Usually it's a lightning quick dash-volley that scores from them.

I'm actually seeing a LOT of variety in terms of goals scored on 15, so much so, I can't predict with any regularity whether a sequence is going to be a goal or not. That's a massive improvement over past FM's.

I still maintain there's an issue with the demands for first team football though, I know one of my mates is experiencing a similar issue, I'm getting demands from certain youngsters for first team games, one who has played half the season and he's still not satisfied.

I don't get the issue with saving taking a minute, I mean, what is a minute in the grand scheme of things? Specially if you save once per month.

If u ever had a crashdump you save regularly believe me ;)

so yes its a bit annoying saving takes so long

Congratulations, the ME is a hundred times better after this patch, I'm loving it. It all felt a bit random before, like it didn't matter what you did as a manager it was just the same thing over and over with crosses and dodgy keepers. Now it plays a lot more like it should do and I actually feel I'm more in control.

Not only that but I can play the tactics I want now instead of having to use the wing play, early cross win button. My defenders are useless (Conf North) so treating them as stupid really helps, in other words telling them to stay in position, giving them no creative freedom and playing a rigid team structure. I've kept three clean sheets on the bounce for the first time ever after a dozen or so games with the latest update. I know that isn't enough games to draw conclusions but the ME will never be perfect and this seems a massive improvement on how it was previously.

Yes saving a game takes longer but I'm not sure why that is such a big deal? How often does anyone want to save a game? I don't really get why anyone thinks that is such a huge problem, it isn't as if you have to save after every game, just when you quit your playing session.

/Facepalm

People saying there could be an issue is hardly complaining, this is the feedback thread afterall, I run a rolling weekly save, why? Glad you asked.

I do a rolling weekly save just on the off chance anything happens to the game, or a power cut or anything that would mean me having to play maybe 5 or 6 games again if I used a rolling monthly save.

I am that picky with my FM saves that if I had to replay 5 or 6 games I would have to have the same scores, or at the very least the points going the way the did the first time I played.

Not sure if anyone else has had this but in my last game a player went to take a free kick but one of his teammates ran across his path (about a yard in front of him) and yet the player still took the free kick and of course blasted it into the back of his team mates legs. Pretty minor but very unrealistic.

Played a few games since the patch, there are less goals but the two strikers in my Uruguayan second division team are burying crosses with first-time volleys like there are Bergkamp and Di Canio far too frequently. I know the ME will get better in time but still frustrating.

I really can't get to grips with the tactical selection screen. Making changes is such a chore and the whole thing is just a confusing and illogical - I'm stunned why it's taken such a backwards step from FM14 where it was clear, user-friendly and did everything it needed to. Worst aspect of the game for me by far.

• SI Staff

Did you have games on full detail? Currently simulating all English leagues on full detail for 5 seasons again. It seems to me that the higher leagues are getting better, but there is still some work to do, especially in the lower divisions.

I used to save manually, then once every month but in FM14 i had a couple of crashes when i lost games and had to replay a whole month. So i switched to auto-save every two weeks. In which case saves which take 3-4 minutes can be annoying. Not gamebreaking, just a pain.

A minute would be really nice.

7 minutes, however, is not. Especially when i'm just at the beginning of a career save.

Because the save times won't get any shorter.

Game is much more playable now. I should be able to start my career save after the next hotfix.

ME is much more enjoyable. Inside Forwards seem to be doing an OK job too. Fullbacks are able to defend for once.

Good job. Getting there.

Archived