Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

you can call it as you like. call me rude, call me impatient. the result is the same. the game isn't ready. since day one, I have given my best to provide you all the needed information to fix what I mentioned originally. and all those days I see that you didn't do it. you released a fix 15.0.3 and then the full game 15.1.1 and I feel the same. everything is almost the same except the version. and it's not just me. I have a forum on my back. I have people who need answers on why they bought the game when it's still not ready, people who question me all the time why to even buy it etc. do you have an answer for that too? if you don't then you're the rude one. because right now, I have to answer to them that all that you told me is to have faith and bite their lips. being soldiers and provide more info. this is how a forum loses it's people nowadays. and I can't play being afraid all the time that all those David Beckhams and Christian Vieris score goals from perfect crosses and headers. sometimes van Nistelrooys pop up and finish from a low cross.

There isn't much else to say and Kriss has been very friendly toward you. If you continue being rude, we're going to call you banned. You've been helpful by providing PKMs etc and all we can say is thank you for taking the time do it. If you're unhappy right now, all we ask is to be patient. :)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
High percentage of header obviously but not on this standard. It's just not realistic, 11-0 man...

I'm playing route one to exploit the bug of the game tbh. Every goal is a header or a rebound tap in.

Whereas you would of accepted 8-0 because we all know that is realistic for Sunderland... ;)

I/We understand it may be hard for some of you to be constructive. If you can't be constructive, then rather don't post at all because your post will get deleted and/or land you an infraction. SI want constructive feedback. They monitor this thread for that feedback and we won't tolerant "rants".

If I go to Tesco and buy an umbrella with a hole in it they will replace it as it doesn't do what it is intended to do. They don't ask for constructive criticism about why it had a hole and what effect it has on me staying dry. They don't tell me it will mostly keep you dry, use it for now and we'll put a patch on it when we are ready. It's called customer service.

I do understand that SI are looking at the FM15 problems and will no doubt fix them at some point in the future that is unknown. Whether or not we all agree about them releasing a broken game as a full release is another topic but in the meantime you cannot blame people for having a moan. You can delete posts / issue infractions if you like but all you are doing for SI is losing them paying customers. Be a little more tolerant to complaints from SI customers or give us the complaints email address at SI if you want to keep the forum clean of anything that might be negative feedback.

Thanks

Oh yeah by the way: I do have a lot of issues with sound. One out of every four times I boot up FM the sound doesn't work. Have been having this issue since the beta. It seems to be just a matter of chance whether match sounds work or not. If it doesn't, I have to reboot FM for it to work.

So hard to keep clean sheets in this game. 3-0 up, last 10 minutes, bring on a DM, drop players back a little bit and set instructions to Contain and slow tempo, be more disciplined and play it safe... but always concede!

So far enjoying it more then I thought I would after playing the beta though. Got sacked at Hartlepool manager in December 2014 (after sitting 15th in the table but only 6 or so points of promotion spots - tight league!), but then got given the Shrewsbury job in January (who were sitting 5th, so a bit of an upgrade!).

DogMartin makes a valid point.

I will also add, these issues seem to crop up every November with every new release. I recall too many goals and ME issues last year and in 2012 too. I would of thought ME and goals scored would be top of the testers agenda due to previous years, but apparently not. :confused:

First observations.

Graphics. The grass on the pitch is very very green, isn't it. All pitches look like they're spray-painted green. It isn't my screen; that's calibrated to a professional standard.

Technical. It takes a looooong long time to save the game. Save progress bar is normal (as I recall it from FM 14) up to about 75%, there it stops and waits .... and waits ... until finally the game is saved.

If I go to Tesco and buy an umbrella with a hole in it they will replace it as it doesn't do what it is intended to do. They don't ask for constructive criticism about why it had a hole and what effect it has on me staying dry. They don't tell me it will mostly keep you dry, use it for now and we'll put a patch on it when we are ready. It's called customer service.

I do understand that SI are looking at the FM15 problems and will no doubt fix them at some point in the future that is unknown. Whether or not we all agree about them releasing a broken game as a full release is another topic but in the meantime you cannot blame people for having a moan. You can delete posts / issue infractions if you like but all you are doing for SI is losing them paying customers. Be a little more tolerant to complaints from SI customers or give us the complaints email address at SI if you want to keep the forum clean of anything that might be negative feedback.

Thanks

But this isnt Tesco though, and we are talking about an entirely different industry which isn't comparable. An update for something that contains 3,000,000 lines of code cannot be pulled out of thin air like an umbrella. Either way Hunt3r's point stands, so let's leave it at that.

Thanks

First observations.

Graphics. The grass on the pitch is very very green, isn't it. All pitches look like they're spray-painted green. It isn't my screen; that's calibrated to a professional standard.

Technical. It takes a looooong long time to save the game. Save progress bar is normal (as I recall it from FM 14) up to about 75%, there it stops and waits .... and waits ... until finally the game is saved.

That 25% is save being compressed I believe, think this year they have rolled compression in as default.

DogMartin -

There is a little bit of a difference between a brolly and a highly complex game based on code and what not- please don't compare such wildly different products.

Thats' like me comparing a toaster to a car.

Well played my first friendly and didn't notice too much untoward although it was an easy friendly. However a couple of bugbears so far.

***TV Camera seems a fair way away and I have scrolled in all the way.

***Ball is very difficult to see.

***Players running is quite funny. Looks a bit like the fella in the Talking Heads video "Road to Nowhere".....

You can't, annoys the hell out of me but its something we're going to have to get used to. I would normally have auto save set to a week but I've changed it to a month.

Maybe I have missed this topic, I haven't read the whole thread. But any idea why SI have decided to do this? It's pretty normal to be in possession of ample storage space these days ... I have a 500 GB SSD and 2TB external disks, for crying out loud.

Where did you get your game? is it disc or digital?

Let's get you updated and in return you can provide us with a pkm of a match where EVERY cross is a goal, deal? :)

Already figured it out, i read something about 2 codes. Checked my email there was another code, used it and it updated :)

Also.. This new patch seems to have reduced goals from crosses also. Will test further.

Maybe I have missed this topic, I haven't read the whole thread. But any idea why SI have decided to do this? It's pretty normal to be in possession of ample storage space these days ... I have a 500 GB SSD and 2TB external disks, for crying out loud.

A few of us mentioned it in the beta feedback thread but it looks like they feel its needed, one of the mods also said this when I posted that it still hadn't been sorted a couple of days ago in here.

Why do i feel like when i provide "feedback" i get my head taken off? lol

Without sifting through the many, many threads can someone please tell me if the large amount of goals is a "known issue/bug" or are we continuing down the path of "it's less than average" - which it isnt

A few of us mentioned it in the beta feedback thread but it looks like they feel its needed, one of the mods also said this when I posted that it still hadn't been sorted a couple of days ago in here.

Darn. It's going to annoy the crap out of me too. Well, thanks for the heads up.

This was the reply I got on Friday.

Unfortunately imo they decided to go with compress and save as non optional so there are two stages which is what you see, seems stupid that I'd want to compress saves with a 3TB hard drive :) but there ya go.

Very annoying hopefully they change it back next year.

Without sifting through the many, many threads can someone please tell me if the large amount of goals is a "known issue/bug" or are we continuing down the path of "it's less than average" - which it isnt

It's a known issue, but it's more of a problem lower down the leagues. SI said recently that (as an example) goals in the premier league is slightly lower than RL and in the conference it's higher than real life.

If you actually read the posts of the last +/- 45 minutes you'll know the answer ;)

Some match feedback.

***Some lovely raking balls from the DM area releasing forwards. Excellent this has been missing since 14's first patch.

***Nice to see players actually pausing at times, looking like they have a decision to make and sometimes checking and passing backwards. It looks like some are trying to shield the ball as well. Nice to see.

***My forward was actually getting on the end of his partners flick on's, again something that was missing in 14.

***Still seems to be a bit of an issue with forwards shooting straight at the keeper.

***Speed of game in the middle looks a lot more realistic. Felt last year the default was a bit too quick and a bit slow a click the other way.

***Am watching on the close camera now and can see a lot easier. Is there any way to bring the TV cam a bit closer as I do feel it's too far back. Alternatively I guess there is a ball mod somewhere?

All in all it seems ok. Haven't seen any overpowered crosses although I am playing a narrow diamond. Corners seem about right with my set up but after I get through the easy friendlies and play Tottenham on the first day of the season I am sure I'll start moaning!!!

PS - Any chance someone could just clarify the below?

1. Unable to import my tactics from FM14 though. Is this due to the fact that there are more tactical options like TI's and PI's so FM14 tactics will be obsolete?

2. The sidebar looks a promising addition allowing ease of movement although it was never really a major issue before. Although where am I on the sidebar???? Unless I can't spot it you as a Manager are not included on the options

3. I thought the option to allow players to swap positions was going to be brought back? Eg strikers swapping to make it harder to mark, and wide players switching, however it looks like it hasn't been brought back?

Just seen some weird stuff from a penalty. Penalty missed but rebounded and went straight past a static striker and was cleared. I'd have been annoyed at how it rebounded to be fair as I don't think the angle was right for where it went again. Will PKM it once the game is over.

Guest El Payaso
I lost 9-0 to Man City playing as Sunderland on last year's version.

And you seem to be forgetting the real life pounding at St Mary's earlier this season IRL.

IMO the game doesn't need this kind of results and I bet that no-one would complain if you wouldn't have to witness this kind of results in a game. After all, it is a game and game should be enjoyable and I believe that hardly any of us actually enjoys seeing high scoring results like that.

I'm okay with losing or winning games like 5-0 (in last year's version when it was at it's best before christmas I got beaten in FA Cup to Arsenal with Boston United 5-0. It was okay, my boys gave their best and Arsenal scored goals that are proper goals) but it is also about how the chances and goals are created. And I still think that finishing in real life is much better than it is in the game. You see games ending 3-0 IRL with zero through on goals or cross through super dribbling, that is okay. But this current thing with the ME isn't enjoyable or 'realistic' at all.

DogMartin -

There is a little bit of a difference between a brolly and a highly complex game based on code and what not- please don't compare such wildly different products.

Thats' like me comparing a toaster to a car.

I was just trying to simplify it as customer service is the same no matter what the industry.

Anyway I will leave it there as requested by the mod.

FWIW I think this FM has the potential to be the best ever if only the obvious flaws with the ME can be fixed so I'm sure we are all really looking forward to the first patch.

Just seen some weird stuff from a penalty. Penalty missed but rebounded and went straight past a static striker and was cleared. I'd have been annoyed at how it rebounded to be fair as I don't think the angle was right for where it went again. Will PKM it once the game is over.
When you say it was missed - How did it miss? Did it come off the woodwork or the keeper?

***TV Camera seems a fair way away and I have scrolled in all the way.

At the moment, this is now my biggest issue. The Elevated camera just doesn't move far enough left or right when zoomed in any way at all- it cuts off the goals. Even zooming right out, I'm not sure if I could see a corner taker on the near side.

1. Unable to import my tactics from FM14 though. Is this due to the fact that there are more tactical options like TI's and PI's so FM14 tactics will be obsolete?

2. The sidebar looks a promising addition allowing ease of movement although it was never really a major issue before. Although where am I on the sidebar???? Unless I can't spot it you as a Manager are not included on the options

3. I thought the option to allow players to swap positions was going to be brought back? Eg strikers swapping to make it harder to mark, and wide players switching, however it looks like it hasn't been brought back?

1. Not possible as so much has changed - new Roles, changed default PIs etc.

2. Home > Profile (though that's from a FMC perspective

3. In Player Instructions, at the top "Swap positions with..."

When you say it was missed - How did it miss? Did it come off the woodwork or the keeper?

Keeper saved it so was static. He spent too long on the floor as the ball trickled back towards the striker who didn't leap upon the rebound and then was cleared by my defender. I'd have been annoyed if I was attacking or defending.

IMO the game doesn't need this kind of results and I bet that no-one would complain if you wouldn't have to witness this kind of results in a game. After all, it is a game and game should be enjoyable and I believe that hardly any of us actually enjoys seeing high scoring results like that.

I'm okay with losing or winning games like 5-0 (in last year's version when it was at it's best before christmas I got beaten in FA Cup to Arsenal with Boston United 5-0. It was okay, my boys gave their best and Arsenal scored goals that are proper goals) but it is also about how the chances and goals are created. And I still think that finishing in real life is much better than it is in the game. You see games ending 3-0 IRL with zero through on goals or cross through super dribbling, that is okay. But this current thing with the ME isn't enjoyable or 'realistic' at all.

High scoring games happen IRL, why shouldn't they happen in FM? It's supposed to be a simulator. Yes, I realize there is a fine line between a game and a simulator sometimes. Some people complain when the game becomes too difficult or too complicated (god knows how many people would complain if the game actually had the same injury rate as real life, FM would lose a lot of costumers), but at the end of the day it does try to simulate football. If a score of 8 0 is realistic, it should simulate it. Even Chelsea Arsenal IRL was 6 0 last year, and I can remember a 6 3 involving Man City as well. And those are games between very big clubs with very good players.

Ok, firstly I was very impressed but after about 20+ games its not really enjoyable. Maybe im in wrong but is there any other way to winning other than attacking and crossing? Maybe i've lost my tactical instinct so...is there anyone who created succesfull defensive tactic ?

Cheers and im crossing fingers SI will shortly public a new patch. Im looking forward to play this great game but at this stage its doesn;t make any sense.

Guest El Payaso
High scoring games happen IRL, why shouldn't they happen in FM?
Because then it is really likely that the possibility 'gets out of hand' and these things start happening frequently like they do in current engine. The game doesn't have all the other possible scenarios that can happen in real football management so why should it include scorelines like 11-0 when no-one likes them?

In terms of match engine we should really be looking the whole picture, not just the amount of goals. I watched a few Premier league games once again this weekend and the difference between real football and FM's ME still is huge and you know that I'm not talking about animations and graphics or some else not mattering things here. You just don't experience that lack of time and space in FM. Yeah, in real football you are allowed to hold the ball freely maybe when in your own half but in FM you see players holding the ball inside attacking penalty area like that so there certainly is something badly wrong in ME in terms of balance between attacking and defending.

Also you basically never see winger trying to dribble from zero speed when there are 1-2 defensive players agains you down the flank because they know that it is hopeless scenario. In the game's match engine wingers regularly do that and beat those men and create a chance from scenario that should be hopeless in game also...

That Bojan's run against Spurs was fantastic but it is a rare occasion, he saw the space and opportunity and he has got brilliant ball controlling abilities and pace. Maybe once in a season he is able to find that kind of gap through the middle but most of the time he would be tackled hard when trying that kind of runs. I've mentioned this quite a few times but in the game's engine that central area is like a kids' playground and it really doesn't simulate real football. My attacking midfielder Señé with decent technical attributes is making 3-4 that kind of 'wonder runs' through the middle in each game and I'm not enjoying it because it just shouldn't happen in a game that should simulate real football. It would be okay if he did those when we are counter attacking and the space might be there for the run but after slow build ups... Simply cheap for me.

Very serious. If a one off 11-0 game occurs as anomaly then why shouldn't it? Remember United 8-2 Arsenal. No expected it to happen, no expects it to really happen again (thuugh we have had some big scoring games between top sides) It still happeneds. Now if he was having 11-0 repeated then certainly. The 11-0 is a freak result, much like the 8-2 was. Doesnt mean it should never happen.

Cmon even I am finding this result to justify!

Had he saved the game before the match and re-loaded after the 11-0 defeat he would have probably drawn or won it.

High scoring games happen IRL, why shouldn't they happen in FM? It's supposed to be a simulator. Yes, I realize there is a fine line between a game and a simulator sometimes. Some people complain when the game becomes too difficult or too complicated (god knows how many people would complain if the game actually had the same injury rate as real life, FM would lose a lot of costumers), but at the end of the day it does try to simulate football. If a score of 8 0 is realistic, it should simulate it. Even Chelsea Arsenal IRL was 6 0 last year, and I can remember a 6 3 involving Man City as well. And those are games between very big clubs with very good players.

I can see what El Payaso is saying. It's not that 6-0 or 5-4 games don't happen in RL but when they're happening week in, week out - that's what bugs customers of the game. Let's be honest, the majority of games in the PL end up with a TOTAL of 3-4 goals. You can say im wrong but that's reality. In FM15, every single week im seeing games across the board ending in 5-0, 8-0, 6-4, 4-4 etc. This affects my team and AI teams. You can't tell me that's realistic

In FM15, every single week im seeing games across the board ending in 5-0, 8-0, 6-4, 4-4 etc. This affects my team and AI teams. You can't tell me that's realistic

I think for the 2nd year in a row, I have a different game to everyone else. Although my team aren't in the Premier, I've got that league running on full detail, and in the last gameweek, across the 10 matches, there were 22 goals. And that included one 4-3 match.

In my own league (League 1) there have been 92 goals scored across the first three gameweeks, which is an average of 2.5 a game, which is pretty close to real life I think.

I also don't see over reliance on cross balls, as the screenshot above shows, and I hardly ever have any injuries.

Weird.

I can see what El Payaso is saying. It's not that 6-0 or 5-4 games don't happen in RL but when they're happening week in, week out - that's what bugs customers of the game. Let's be honest, the majority of games in the PL end up with a TOTAL of 3-4 goals. You can say im wrong but that's reality. In FM15, every single week im seeing games across the board ending in 5-0, 8-0, 6-4, 4-4 etc. This affects my team and AI teams. You can't tell me that's realistic

I'm with Dave. I'm not seeing that in this game at all. Even the results in League 1 and League 2 seem perfectly fine to me.

I actually forgot this analysis thing was there. How goals have been scored over my last 10 games.

HxSkBX6.png

Please can you fix it so there are more goals from crosses in the game please? :rolleyes:

It doesn't really say anything to be fair.

People are having a lot of goals from crosses, you showing a screen saying it is not a problem in your game proves nothing, it could just be the way your tactics are set up.

For example I could play a very narrow tactic with instructions to keep it narrow and of course there would be less goals from crosses and maybe more from passes.

It is 1 of the things that is a nightmare for SI as they need to balance it for everyone and every tactic.

If you were to play a wide tactic with maybe 'hit early crosses' you are going to see more goals from crosses, is it too many goals from crosses?

Well that is why SI need people to upload pkms if they see a problem in their game.

I am 16 games in to a season as Watford and there have been 9 own goals so far. Anyone else experiencing this? The issue arises because when the ball breaks loose in your area, about 5 players all run towards it. Then a defender clears it and it rebounds off another's face and flies in your own net. Then of course there is the classic keeper diving too early for a cross and it goes in off his chest..

Archived