Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said before, if people play with either wingers or WB's then yo wll by nature of your tactics get lots of crosses into the box, I get crosses because I have WB's but I also see a lot of play through the middle too, it's fairly balanced.

Playing in the lower leagues. It's a mark of just how very poor the keeping is that i'm genuinely surprised when the ball goes near a keeper and they actually manage to keep it out of the net.

I made spending my transfer budget on the best keeper I could afford a priority as I knew things were bad, but there is still a very long way to go before they start looking like professional footballers.

Anyone noticed making subs in the tactics overview screen, during a match, messes up the position/role familiarity infographic?

It always shows an orange star and an incorrect squad rating for the subbed in player unless i click on any player to 'refresh'.

Hi guys

I have now had quite a few games, I play premier league with Spurs and I always play full match since 3d came out.

My verdict so far.

I'm not too fussed by the UI, its fine just needs getting used to as most new things.

The tactic screen is different but OK.

I like the subtle position differences according to roles.

Media and player interaction is improved, more variation and more interesting.

I haven't seen any problems with the injuries IMO

I really like the stadium detail and variation this year, really adds to the matchday experience.

The match engine, again I state I play on full match mode since 3d was introduced.

It looks very nice, player animations is a major improvement that adds to the realism.

The actual gameplay again is massively improved, I've seen all kind of moves through all areas of the pitch.

Some great goals and variation is great.

Also the instructions seem to play out much more accurately than before and this is a real positive.

On FM14 it seemed at times that the control or interpretation of instructions wasn't.

I play a 442 and a 433 formation at the moment and haven't noticed crossing to be anything out of the ordinary like others on here.

In fact its nice to score a few more goals from wide areas again something I think was lacking in FM14.

Overall, although I know it can't be perfect.

I have seen some high scoring games at lower levels, this years version is definitely an upgrade on previous offerings.

I am quite miffed how peoples different experience of the game plays out on here and wonder how SI can decipher the relevant feedback to look at.

I look for realism in the game and hope SI will keep to this regarding injury, crossing or goal stats.

My overall rating is 9/10 great work SI

For me it's not the amount of crosses but the amount of goals coming from them.....Near post/ far post entwined with the goalies slow reaction bug

In my 5 matches since the full game went live I've scored 6 from crosses and conceded 1, whilst have only scored 1 from passing. Whereas over the entire season so far I've scored 32 from passes and 20 from crosses. This new ME suits my formation so can't complain too much!

Defending from set pieces seems to be quite dodgy now. I've both scored and conceded more in my last 5 matches matches, than over the rest of the season.

Really enjoying the game, the game engine seems to have expanded, things are less linear and more realistic, I read that some people are able to predict the outcome of plays but so far I have not really seen a lot of repetition. The interface of the game has also improved a lot, probably the best version I have used so far; less clicks to get to where I want.

The new Tactics screen feels as robust and functional as it did back in the golden pre 2000's versions of the game, fantastic upgrade.

One of the things I am still finding hard to get used to is the new inbox, too many colours and things going on in the list, making it difficult to distinguish news/messages that have been read vs those who haven't.

Still finding the defenders to react way too slowly and make some extremly weird movements. Just had a defender chasing alongside their winger and all of a sudden stop running and take a slow jog in another direction leaving the winger totally open to cross while the defender is totally out of the situation for no apparent reason.

3 players standing around looking at the lose ball just outside their own penalty box, noone moves to do anything, opponent moves in from a few meters away and picks it up and gets a chance to score.

SI must get so tired of certain people in the feedback threads... Every year it's, ME is garbage, I can't do this, I can't do that, I'm going back to last year's FM. The next year it's ME is garbage, I can't do this, I can't do that, I'm going back to last year's FM which last year I said was garbage but now it's the gold standard. Rinse and repeat comments year after year. And no I'm not singling anyone out but it's the same crap year after year.

I just went almost 400 minutes without conceding a goal in my game. Now I understand that I can't solely use my own experience with the game to draw sweeping conclusions but my experiences (and those of others on here) have shown that it is not impossible to play defense in FM15 and that many are not conceding from corners and crosses left, right, and center. Now there may be some game issues that need resolving but there is also the possibility that people need to work on some things themselves as well.

Amen to this! :applause:

I'm playing as a femmanager and for fun I edited a player to be my son. I can add him as favourite with Son but when I edit him I cannot add "Mother" only father, brother, family

Fix this.

Bug report please :D

I'm playing as a femmanager and for fun I edited a player to be my son. I can add him as favourite with Son but when I edit him I cannot add "Mother" only father, brother, family

Fix this.

Thanks for volunteering as Head of SI ;)

Not sure if this is a change or something that has not been implemented this time but within the editor (pre-game) when editing things like appearance fees or sell on fees the game now searches ALL of the players in the game whereas earlier versions looked up JUST those in the club. May only take a small amount of extra time on my machine but I am sure on others it would take a lot longer. It'd be great if this was tightened up

Just played Man U and they had 79 crosses...... didn't get them very far though :lol:

Only 9 completed in total. That's pretty much normal, they need to tone down the amount attempted a bit. Although that's still two less crosses than they had in real life in the game I mentioned earlier. I suspect that was just a one off tho.

As an aside, it's an interesting stat to counter the argument that full backs can't deal with crosses. As usual, it's more a case of reacting to what you see rather than what you don't see. Most of us haven't got time to watch full matches, so these stats screens are invaluable when assessing potential issues.

How come none of the big clubs still ever come in for my players at over the asking price.

I was NUFC and managed to get Cabella playing really well and scoring and assisting.

He attracted a lot of attention from big clubs, PSG, Barcelona, Juventus, Man Utd all 'interested'.

End of the season, bids well under his value came in...I reject all of them, he gets unhappy, I say to him that I'll let him go if I get a daft offer...never get one.

Not one of my players has ever had another team come in with an over the top offer.

It does happen IRL....thought SI would reflect this in FM by now...still a really poor part of the game imo.

Only 9 completed in total. That's pretty much normal, they need to tone down the amount attempted a bit. Although that's still two less crosses than they had in real life in the game I mentioned earlier. I suspect that was just a one off tho.

As an aside, it's an interesting stat to counter the argument that full backs can't deal with crosses. As usual, it's more a case of reacting to what you see rather than what you don't see. Most of us haven't got time to watch full matches, so these stats screens are invaluable when assessing potential issues.

How is that an interesting stat to counter the argument that full backs can't deal with crosses...that's an absurd statement based on his screenshot...all 79 crosses may have comfortably beaten the full back just player didn't get on the end of it and hence low completion rate.

You yourself have reacted to what you saw rather than what you didn't see :)

Two things:-

1) No official light skin this year? Im sure i've seen some screenies with a light skin being used

2) I'm getting some terrible slow-down on highlights even on 2D view. I have a decent PC which should easily run this type of graphics no problem. Is this a bug?

How is that an interesting stat to counter the argument that full backs can't deal with crosses...that's an absurd statement based on his screenshot...all 79 crosses may have comfortably beaten the full back just player didn't get on the end of it and hence low completion rate.

You yourself have reacted to what you saw rather than what you didn't see :)

Fair comment, but many of these crosses will be blocked rather than intercepted (if you take away the corner ones, which obv can't be blocked). But yes, you're right, you can't tell alone from that stat if the fullback was beaten.

You can tell, however, that not 'every cross is a goal' as some try to imply. In fact, very very far from it.

I'm going to back up the corner complaints, I score and concede from them almost every match, it's beginning to really frustrate me. Have tried multiple set piece defence instructions and the set piece training option yet I just can't stop them going in. Ruining the realism quite a bit imo.

Quick and honest question here--what's going to happen to all the Mac users who can't play the game at the moment? I've already posted my crash in the right place--it keeps crashing before I play a match. Haven't been able to play since it came out.

Yeah, I'm on Mac too and I can't even get past the load screen at the start.

Two things:-

1) No official light skin this year? Im sure i've seen some screenies with a light skin being used

2) I'm getting some terrible slow-down on highlights even on 2D view. I have a decent PC which should easily run this type of graphics no problem. Is this a bug?

I cant play using GPU rendering on my macbook pro which was fine wuth fm 14.

Fair comment, but many of these crosses will be blocked rather than intercepted (if you take away the corner ones, which obv can't be blocked). But yes, you're right, you can't tell alone from that stat if the fullback was beaten.

You can tell, however, that not 'every cross is a goal' as some try to imply. In fact, very very far from it.

yeah i agree and to be fair to defend the full backs i have seen some good defending from them at times...good tackles and good blocks going in. Also definitely not 'every cross is a goal'...as you pointed out cross completion rates are close to real life...at least in fully simulated leagues (cross completion rates are high Vs real life in non simulated leagues).

Really its just the number of goals that come from them ie its a case that crossing/corners/diagonal balls through the air are predominantly the source of goals..i've looked at all goals scored in few weeks for full league i've run and its crazy high when you see all the goals scored that way from other games. It has been the case in last two years as well...its far more exploitable than Fm12 engine. This year goals from crosses/corners etc way too high but they're working on it which is great.

i generel i agree with the points being raised in the thread. So i wont repeat them, or atleast the majority.

I did only play a few games on the demo, but so far i did notice, that a lot of build of play seemed to look a like and the animations were´nt top notvh yet, but this has huge potential. This is by far the best release in years, when it comes to potential and bugs. Usually i buy at christmas or after the january transfer window, but i might get tempted, if the first patch irons out the hiccups here and there.

Have anyone experimented with long term saves, to see what kind of squads the ai ended up with? some feedback on ai squadbuilding would be awesome. I cant do it myself, as i only have the demo and such an experiment would have to include almost all leagues loaded. i usually have about 80 leagues on full detail.

So, I have played three matches so far, and in those matches 5 players has been forced of by injuries and two have had light injuries. For my opponents the numbers are three injuries and one light injury.

In the friendles that I didn't play myself, I had a player forced out by injury in all but one of them.

Now, I know it is a very small sample size, but it make me somewhat worried. I had the same issues in the demo as well. Is this the general feeling, or am I doing something wrong/very unlucky.

My laptop charger died about an hour before release, just as I was about to embark on the playoffs with Barrow. Not going to take the risk before such an important few games, therefore I've got steam in offline mode and still happily playing on the last Beta ME :D

Just played my 1st game since release ( been busy working ) against a pretty small team as you do for the 1st pre season game, I won 0-9 with 7 goals scored through the middle and 2 from free kicks, during the extended highlights I seen almost zero multiple crosses coming in and the majority of the highlights was my team passing the ball around good style. I play a 4-4-2 diamond with WB's on support, retain possesion, short passing, push higher, close down more and stay on feet, if people are seeing all these cross then maybe they should look at their tactics and stop moaning, I think the ME is the best since 2012, a few wee tweaks and it'll be there. Oh and another thing zero injuries so far, look at your trainng regime and don't push your players too hard early doors.

So, I have played three matches so far, and in those matches 5 players has been forced of by injuries and two have had light injuries. For my opponents the numbers are three injuries and one light injury.

In the friendles that I didn't play myself, I had a player forced out by injury in all but one of them.

Now, I know it is a very small sample size, but it make me somewhat worried. I had the same issues in the demo as well. Is this the general feeling, or am I doing something wrong/very unlucky.

As we keep saying, it's either something you're doing or you are unlucky.

Just played my 1st game since release ( been busy working ) against a pretty small team as you do for the 1st pre season game, I won 0-9 with 7 goals scored through the middle and 2 from free kicks, during the extended highlights I seen almost zero multiple crosses coming in and the majority of the highlights was my team passing the ball around good style. I play a 4-4-2 diamond with WB's on support, retain possesion, short passing, push higher, close down more and stay on feet, if people are seeing all these cross then maybe they should look at their tactics and stop moaning, I think the ME is the best since 2012, a few wee tweaks and it'll be there. Oh and another thing zero injuries so far, look at your trainng regime and don't push your players too hard early doors.

I don't think you understand the issue..

It's crossing effectiveness vs the ability to either stop those crosses coming in, and your center backs being able to pick up players attacking the cross..

..and the sheer amount of crosses the opponents use..

lol - I play diamond with no wingers and my full backs stay back...Crossing not a problem guys.......

Archived