Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

The truth is just an opinion.

Please respect mine.

All right I will and my apologies for my rude post earlier. Should've phrased that better.

I created a new thread and perhaps I shouldn't have regarding the way in which tactics are now saved and the files created.

What a mess.

The new system is really confusing ... the new long file names?!?!?

Nothing wrong with it before....save....overwrite....job done.

On tactic screen -> pitch I would like to see players condition/role information.

Yeah that's a good point, it's impossible to please everyone!

My main gripe was that after more than a year on working on the ME, I would've expected it to be in a better condition than it is currently. I.E fullbacks being able to defend crosses, number of goals from corners and goalkeepers reaction times. Maybe it's just me being hard to please!

I will go back to purchasing the game every March so I get the best FM experience I can out of the final update.

There are actually fewer real problems than most people think in this ME, certainly fewer than last year at this stage.

Crossbar deflections lead to goals too often. Goalkeepers tend to fall to the ground, although there is no need for "acrobatic" save, and attacking team's player is unmarked at the 6 yard box. Too many goals this way, a problem that exists since FM14.

Are there plans for further optimisation? Saving the game is a lot slower than last yeas, and I'm not able to browse the net that smoothly as I've been before, while the gaeme isproccesing in the background.

Crossbar deflections lead to goals too often. Goalkeepers tend to fall to the ground, although there is no need for "acrobatic" save, and attacking team's player is unmarked at the 6 yard box. Too many goals this way, a problem that exists since FM14.

It's in the bug list under GK recovery time.

There are actually fewer real problems than most people think in this ME, certainly fewer than last year at this stage.

At the end of the day it's all about opinions.

Some people are happy and content with the game the way it is, and some people aren't. Like I said in my previous post, you can't please everyone.

Everyone on this forum has one thing in common. We all want Football Manager to be the best it can be.

Are there plans for further optimisation? Saving the game is a lot slower than last yeas, and I'm not able to browse the net that smoothly as I've been before, while the gaeme isproccesing in the background.

You know they don't pre announce anything, but I'd be surprised if further optimisation isn't an ongoing process at this stage.

Generally I think that most people weren't even aware of a lot of issues before they read this thread.

I for one was fully unaware of the scrolling issue, until I read in the feedback thread that it's a good idea to switch off kinetic scrolling in the preferences.

Yeah, I didn't mean in terms od announcing, it's just that it's a little step backwards compared to FM 14. I alsways have 10 Rolling auto save files set to Every Day, and it's a bit pain in the back when it saves so slowly every day.

Yeh, well compulsory compression is part of the problem of course :(

Overall Im very pleased with the game.

However, I do have some concerns:

- I agree that there are way too many goals coming from crosses and corners! This is my biggest concern with the ME.

- I have trouble getting my MR/ML to take aggressive runs with and without the ball inside the pitch (cutting inside). They are not moving correctly and very rarely try to dribble the ball forward - regardless of instructions (this has been a concern of mine since FM12!)

- I find it hard to make a successfull counter attack tactic. Again I feel that movement is too static and not aggressive enough. I cant get any team to play like Dortmund or similar - this was also an issue for me in FM14.

- My last concern with the ME is that it still seems impossible for DMC's/MC's with defensive roles to get a good avr. rating. The rating system still relies only on key situations like goals, assists, key passes and so on. It seems that holding a good position, making good interceptions and re-destributing the ball is not something that will get you a good rating. This has been an issue for as long as I can remember.

- Also, I do feel that there are slightly too many injuries and that players get tired a bit too quickly.

It's in the bug list under GK recovery time.

It's not just about the keepers, defenders also stand still after the deflection, so the "attacker" is free to pick up the rebound.

Overall it ok nothing great currently.

The variation of goals is very poor to be honest the known issues need sorting and fast or i will have to join the brigade of not playing till last patch and i really do not want to.

The variation of play is poor because the same thing happens time and time again i do not see many balls worked into the box type goals just lots of crosses and lots of corners.

Players seem to speed up then slow down going forward allowing the midfield central areas to get swamped and that for me is how goals are scored yet it not the conventional overload one side way of scoring.

I would like the corners and a tad level bringing down on the crosses or should i say the defenders dealing with them slightly better and this fixed soon so i can actually play a long term save it just a bit to random with the corners and crosses.

Overall

Bar that i like the scouting it is great i think the game is nearly there but not quite i would like a a patch soon to sort this so i can crack on and play the only game i play..

It's not just about the keepers, defenders also stand still after the deflection, so the "attacker" is free to pick up the rebound.

True but how many times doesn't that happen IRL though? Almost more often than not. FM tries to simulate real football, not football as it should be. I for one am always very surprised by how many mistakes RL footballers actually make at the highest levels. Not to mention below the highest level. Defenders not picking up rebounds is quite a big problem IRL too.

I haven't seen so many goals after hitting a crossbar. Actually, I can't recall even one. Of course that mistakes do happen, and should happen, but they are exceptions, not rules.

Pretty sure crossing accuracy is fine. It's the number of them that's too high.

Players are to good at making crosses when attacked by someone. In real life most crosses get inaccurate then or blocked by the defender.

And even when attacked by 2 players they somehow manage to make the cross perfect, when it should be nearly impossible to get the cross around the defenders.

Or when players sprint 40 meters it doesn't seem to effect there crossing ability.

So imo crossing accuracy isn't fine in some circumstances, in others it is.

But let's see how SI approaches this, as tweaking the ability to cross and improving defenders could lead to not enough goals from crosses happening.

Players are to good at making crosses when attacked by someone. In real life most crosses get inaccurate then or blocked by the defender.

And even when attacked by 2 players they somehow manage to make the cross perfect, when it should be nearly impossible to get the cross around the defenders.

Or when players sprint 40 meters it doesn't seem to effect there crossing ability.

So imo crossing accuracy isn't fine in some circumstances, in others it is.

I assume you're not watching full game but highlights? Full game you will see a lot more blocked/bad crosses. If you reduce the amount in total, but keep the ratio of good-average-bad ones, it will be fine.

every corner/cross

Well I'd like to say that's complete nonsense and an exaggeration but I can only say I'm not seeing a goal from every corner or cross. Full facts of goal conversions per cross or corner over x number of matches is how I'd give constructive feedback if this was an issue for me

Free Kicks close to the penalty area from the side are very lethal too. The ball is crossed and from 4 occasions I had all 4 were goals. One for me and three from my opponent. This was in different games though. The defenders just don't defend it and the only players moving are the forwards.

Corner kicks too. Every corner kick is a struggle to clear the ball.

I'm not one to moan about games being un-playable or anything, and i don't think the game right now is un-playable. But in terms of how the match engine is right now i simply can't stand it anymore. I loved the original beta release. Yes there were a few problems but i felt they were minor. Right now the game is about crossing. I can't remember the last goal i saw that didn't come from crossing and i'm not one to usually go out and criticize SI but i think it's very disappointing that they feel this was an acceptable update.

This is just my opinion anyway. I was really enjoying that game before the first beta update but with the way the match engine is playing at the moment i can't play it. I really hope that this will be fixed within days. There's only so much you can take after all of the same thing over and over and over.

On a positive note though, apart from crosses being ridiculously accurate and defenders not wanting to defend them, the game is brilliant. Took me a while to get used to the new tactics screen but i like it (thought i would like to be able to right click players into positions still). Best FM so far for me, i just hope this ME issue is fixed quickly so i can play the game again

Reduce accuracy of crossing.

One look at any given cross completed percentage stat post-match will quickly tell you that's not what the issue is. In fact, the accuracy of crosses is relatively low, it's just that in some tactical set ups, there's a helluva lot of them. Seriously though, add that stat into the match stats at the end of your next game, and you'll see the accuracy for both teams will be between 10-20%.

Edit - here's what I mean...

avoug11.png

permanently have 4-6 players injured

This is why its so important to back-up complaints that FM is not matching realism.

Well its pretty easy to search the premier league injury stats but I'll post a few items for you, correct as at 7/11/2014:

Newcastle = 9

Arsenal = 7

Everton = 7

Man Utd = 7

Hull = 7

Sunderland = 6

Perhaps you should be saying you are doing better than average :D

Any news on a patch update? Once the issues with crossing/gk are sorted I think it will be a great game. Just a bit dissopointed that the major part of the game (m.e) is still not great upon release, it's not as if si have only had this match engine for a few weeks, they've been developing it for probably nearly 12 months. Like I've said, the rest of the game seems really good, just wish that the m.e was better upon release.

I assume you're not watching full game but highlights? Full game you will see a lot more blocked/bad crosses. If you reduce the amount in total, but keep the ratio of good-average-bad ones, it will be fine.

You are right and i aggree that my opinion could be heavily skewed because of this.

But when i see two goals in a single game resulting from a player crossing perfectly through 2 defenders that are in front of him there maybe is something wrong here. I can't recall when i saw this in real life happen even once.

I saw some statistics from an EPL season, the average number of crosses per game was around 22 (much lower then in fm imo) and the average number of crosses needed to score a goal was around 70 (best team 45, worst 139). In FM you can make a goal every 10 crosses. So crossing accuracy / defending them is a big problem too

Really liking the new layout, only two bug bears atm are the sheer volume of goals (I know it's been mentioned) not sure if it's just a lower league issue which is all I play but the 4-4 2-5 -3-5 weekly scores are a bit too unrealistic for me so I'm holding off a long term save.

Issue two, when viewing a game on 3d why does it by default open every info window after a goal is scored? It's pretty annoying anyway I can turn this off??

One look at any given cross completed percentage stat post-match will quickly tell you that's not what the issue is. In fact, the accuracy of crosses is relatively low, it's just that in some tactical set ups, there's a helluva lot of them. Seriously though, add that stat into the match stats at the end of your next game, and you'll see the accuracy for both teams will be between 10-20%.

Edit - here's what I mean...

avoug11.png

I stand corrected.

Volume not quality is the issue.

A cross every 93 seconds in that game :lol:

Just out of interest, I've set my mates FM up as he's useless with technology.

His laptop takes around 10 minutes on the "Football Manager 2015" loading game screen, but once its loaded, the game runs really fast. Just wondering if anyone has had issues like this, and is there any way to speed up the game launching?

I'm comparing it to my macbook, which loads the game in about 40 seconds.

Manchester United had 81 crosses against Fulham earlier this year in real life, you know.

Manchester United had 81 crosses against Fulham earlier this year in real life, you know.
ouch. I remember that tactical plan from moyes. Cross, cross, cross, if that fail boys, cross it again. If you don't follow my instructions I'll be, you guessed it, CROSS.

My take on the new update.

players don't seem to register what you have won, I won the treble with Liverpool and a couple of players wanted to speak to other clubs as they wanted to win trophies ?

I agree with the crosses one far too many goals from crosses

keeper still palms away too many shots leads to easy goals.

Defenders too slow to react. My defender just stood by the wall in his half while an attacker who was in his own half ran half the length of the pitch and got the ball

Full backs still stopping wheñ running with the attacking player down the wing this has been on going for yrs now

In FM that would translate in an 11-2 score. maybe it should be a bigger difference between teams with short passing vs team with direct passes in the amount of attempted crosses. I am using a short passing style without target man and my wingers are attemtping 15+ crosses per game. This is the problem, the passing styles of teams/managers should reflect better in the ME.

I stand corrected.

Volume not quality is the issue.

It's both, when i make 5 direct goals out of 53 crosses there is something wrong with quality/defending. Statisticaly i should make around one goal from 50 crosses if my team is good at it.

I'm seriously loving the game but my god the crash dumps are starting to get infuriating!

zwkSboD.png

How can a game do this so much at full release? :(

The average was 22.25 in Premier League although that's not bang up to date i doubt its moved much.

That's per team though so around 45 crosses per game..... your example is not that far out!

NGXNBcr.png

On average, in real life, each team has 22 crosses per game.

I've loaded up a save on FM14, and picked a game at random to look at the crosses. The stats page doesn't give the number of crosses on that version, only the completion percentage, but here's a look at the crosses of a single team on both versions...

FM14

xxhwRTL.png

FM15

LCHUtDd.png

Significantly different? Not that much I would say. I have seen some games where a club has had over 50 crosses in a game on this version, which is probably quite high, but then you see the Man Utd real life example earlier this year when they had 81.

In conclusion for me, I think they probably do need to tone down the frequency of crosses in certain tactical set ups a bit, but like most other issues, it's nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

On average, in real life, each team has 22 crosses per game.

I've loaded up a save on FM14, and picked a game at random to look at the crosses. The stats page doesn't give the number of crosses on that version, only the completion percentage, but here's a look at the crosses of a single team on both versions...

FM14

xxhwRTL.png

FM15

LCHUtDd.png

Significantly different? Not that much I would say. I have seen some games where a club has had over 50 crosses in a game on this version, which is probably quite high, but then you see the Man Utd real life example earlier this year when they had 81.

In conclusion for me, I think they probably do need to tone down the frequency of crosses in certain tactical set ups a bit, but like most other issues, it's nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

Acknowledged above your post :thup:

Acknowledged above your post :thup:

Nice one, the curse of posting at the same time :D

I'm seriously loving the game but my god the crash dumps are starting to get infuriating!

How can a game do this so much at full release? :(

Depends very much on your rig/software tbh, many people have never had a crash in FM, have a look here and if nothing helps create a thread and post your DXdiag. :thup:

Bar the stuff that's already been mentioned and is being worked on, my 2 cents on the GUI/tactics screen, it's a real step back and goes against everything I was ever taught/ learned/ do in design as an intuitive GUI. Makes things far harder to find with the eye, looks ridiculously cluttered and takes more clicks per action to do the majority of things than it did previously.

Also on that note when you hit the opposition instructions screen pre match you can't ctrl click rows to give certain players/ positions the same multiple instructions anymore and you have to do them all one by one which is a massive pain in the you know what.

Nice one, the curse of posting at the same time :D

I could delete you both if that helps? :cool:

Where is the option to play only Wednesday and Saturday games online? That was a necessary condition to have a reasonable flow in FM14. Is it removed?

This can now be found in the 'Match' section of your Preferences.

In the Processing area it is in the 'Match scheduling options' menu.

Can someone confirm if the following was the same in previous versions, as I find it a bit strange?

I started as Middlesbrough boss when the beta first came out, it was never going to be a long term save, just more of a test one. Anyway, after losing in the playoffs for the 2nd straight season, I decided to resign and look for another job. Coventry hired me, and I'm settling in there. However, I went to the Middlesbrough club page to get a team report to see if any of my old squad would join us on loan, and the entire squad is 'unscouted'. When I go into any of the player profiles, I'm met with all the usual attribute ranges of the players, as if I don't know them. I managed that team for two whole seasons, I know all of these players like the back of my hand, why on earth do I have to fully scout them all again? That makes absolutely no sense.

Something people should do more is qualify their information,e.g. there's a heck of a lot of difference between an EPL team and a Brazilian state league team and it obviously should show in many, many ways.

So saying my striker missed 6 out of 6 CC's is pointless if we don't have a clue where he's playing, in my team he could still be an ace striker :D

Hello,

How can i remove Barcelona's transfer embargo ? Without editor, of course.

Tks, regards.

Hello,

How can i remove Barcelona's transfer embargo ? Without editor, of course.

Tks, regards.

You can't without using an editor.

For me it's not the amount of crosses but the amount of goals coming from them.....Near post/ far post entwined with the goalies slow reaction bug