Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Set FBs to close down less.

Why? The left FB isn't closing down anyone, there's no one anywhere near him. The ball is on the halfway line with Brown. How would that help?

god dammit please fix all the Injuries bugs... Don't keep saying there is no problem. I am in pre season and got 8 Injuries from 2 friendly games.. And the whole league has 55+ Injuries and it is not started yet... it's the Danish Superliga

god dammit please fix all the Injuries bugs... Don't keep saying there is no problem. I am in pre season and got 8 Injuries from 2 friendly games.. And the whole league has 55+ Injuries and it is not started yet...

55 injuries across a whole league is less than real life?

Is stream not working for anybody else? Trying to turn it on to download the full version and it says its not available, stuck in the mud if I can't get it to load up.

This game is unplayable due to all the match engine problems that have been reported had 17 goals in pre season 16 of them from crosses or corners

FUij8ub.jpg

Nono, there is NO injury problems in this game... this is before the season starts and everyone apart fom Monreal is out for more than 1 month

You are Arsenal. Kings of injuries! Currently according to Physio Room, Newcastle have 9 1st teamers out. Arsenal, Man Utd and Everton all have 7, then two teams on 6. The least is 2.

Not sure theres an issue here that isn't user related.

The average injury rate IRL in the Premier League is about 18%-23% by the way. That means about 110 footballers of the approx. 550 footballers in total in the PL are injured all the time, and on average about 5 to 7 players per team. But sometimes way more. Newcastle had 11 injured players just two weeks ago.

This game is unplayable due to all the match engine problems that have been reported had 17 goals in pre season 16 of them from crosses or corners

As has been extensively reported, these issues are known and are being tuned and tested as I type. Certain systems and levels of football can exacerbate the problems and not everyone is experiencing the same as you.

Beta match engine was far better. Some of the saves being made by keepers are just insane. Hitting the woodwork when it's easier to score and players firing wildly wide is rife when compared to previous incarnation. I get that tactically, corrections made to the ME has an influence on how your team plays and how success is measured against opposition (for example, if defenders defend better as instructed you might not find yourself thrashing opposing sides) but some of the issues encountered seem to be calibration quirks.

Also, currently, I'm winning at Anfield - so I'm not complaining that much, but Stoke are 8-1 up away to Newcastle. Scores have gone a little loopy.

okay, I give up..this is bugging the living crap out of me. When you have to active managers, how on earth do you switch between them? I have been looking for the past 20 mins and can't find it for the life of me. It was so simple to do in FM14 lol.

Bump. Thanks.

I asked this in the Beta thread but didn't get an answer:

I can't offer contracts to Israeli-based players who have less than 6 months left on their deals.

I'm managing an Israeli club.

Is this normal, or a bug?

Also: Israeli cup does not have two-legged ties in it.

You are Arsenal. Kings of injuries! Currently according to Physio Room, Newcastle have 9 1st teamers out. Arsenal, Man Utd and Everton all have 7, then two teams on 6. The least is 2.

I say what I tried to say in a later post again. I dont complain about the number of injuries, but the that 90% of the injuries I get is long term. If I had 5 injuries, where many of them was 1-2-3 weeks fine. But if I have 5 injuries, every singel one is over 1month and most 2-3-4....

I say what I tried to say in a later post again. I dont complain about the number of injuries, but the that 90% of the injuries I get is long term. If I had 5 injuries, where many of them was 1-2-3 weeks fine. But if I have 5 injuries, every singel one is over 1month and most 2-3-4....

That's 100%, not 90%

Just sayin' :p

Dunno about the others but as far as Newcastle are concerned Gutierrez and Good can't really be considered 1st team, Aarons and Cisse should be fit for Sunday and Obertan is a fringe 'player' who has barely featured for 2 years.

I can't offer contracts to Israeli-based players who have less than 6 months left on their deals.

Is this normal, or a bug?

Is israel a part of the EU and therefore taking part in the bosman deal?

As long the store issues are not sorted out, I'll play a bit further FM2014 ! Some can't connect to the store itself and some can't checkout because also of a connection failure ( Error 1000 ) : 18 hours after the release those issues haven't been sorted out at all ! Steam at fault ! I would consider instead of putting a store to put all the unlockables on a separated CD or making for those who want it with the game to make a Deluxe or something like that FM edition !

Is israel a part of the EU and therefore taking part in the bosman deal?

No, however, it was possible to sign players this way in previous versions (FM13, at any rate).

Like I said, I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if it's supposed to be this way.

Thanks for the information.

The rules for Israeli based players with expiring contracts are not that straightforward and isn't 100% accurately represented in game currently, it is something that we are aware of and hope to improve on in a future version.

We were under the impression that only the Quarter Finals of the Israeli State Cup were played over 2 legs, with all of the other rounds played over a single match. Is this not the case?

If not the best place to report this is in the Israel League Specific bugs thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399766-Israel-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues

Reporting a bug that's been reported since beta, ball is too hard to see on the pitch, mainly because the pitch is too bright therefore its harder to see the white from the ball, aswell the player names.

Thanks for the information.

The rules for Israeli based players with expiring contracts are not that straightforward and isn't 100% accurately represented in game currently, it is something that we are aware of and hope to improve on in a future version.

We were under the impression that only the Quarter Finals of the Israeli State Cup were played over 2 legs, with all of the other rounds played over a single match. Is this not the case?

If not the best place to report this is in the Israel League Specific bugs thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399766-Israel-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues

Thanks for the reply.

I did some quick checking, and you're right, as of this season the 1/4 final is played home & away.

Reporting a bug that's been reported since beta, ball is too hard to see on the pitch, mainly because the pitch is too bright therefore its harder to see the white from the ball, aswell the player names.

There will be skinners working on ball mods im sure.... watch out for them

Really stupid question probably but didn't want to create a new thread for it.

Is it ok to have FM14 and FM15 installed on my PC at the same time? Going to buy FM15 but in case I decide that I'll await a further update to start a long term save I would want to then continue playing FM14. Just wondered if there are conflicts in doing this with regard to folders and files especially the SI folder in My Documents.

In the past I have uninstalled the previous version before installing the new. Appreciated thanks....

I've started a game playing with two different coaches of two different teams. When I load the game, I can only Take Control of one at a time. Whenever I click on "Change Head Coach" on the menu bar, it does nothing. Unable to access the second coach now...any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks.

Really stupid question probably but didn't want to create a new thread for it.

Is it ok to have FM14 and FM15 installed on my PC at the same time? Going to buy FM15 but in case I decide that I'll await a further update to start a long term save I would want to then continue playing FM14. Just wondered if there are conflicts in doing this with regard to folders and files especially the SI folder in My Documents.

In the past I have uninstalled the previous version before installing the new. Appreciated thanks....

You could play every single FM game you have in your library at once if you like. No conflicts. I had FM13 and FM14 running in parellel for a while a few months ago.

Another bug may actually help counter this- if you minimise the screen and then re-maximise during a match, for me this causes the match pallette tends to darken, especially for the pitch. It may not be the case or everyone, but you can see the difference in the screenies in my bug report. It's actually even more pronounced in most matches, with the ball showing up a kind of sky blue, rather than dull as in that grim drizzle.

You could play every single FM game you have in your library at once if you like. No conflicts. I had FM13 and FM14 running in parellel for a while a few months ago.

Many thanks. What happens with the SI file in My Documents then does it have folders for each version or does a new SI folder appear?

The injuries are a bit too much indeed. It seems players in my starting eleven drop every week to injuries that keeps them out at least a month.

My latest match against Liverpool was absolutely ridiculous;

Within 30 minutes of the 1st half, Van Persie, Shaw and Di Maria all picked up knocks.

Before the second half was over, Van Persie had to go off, I brought on Mata...5 minutes later he goes off. Then I bring on a new signing Lass Bangoura, he gets injured one second after I hit confirm to bring him onto the pitch. I literally don't think I even got to see the 3D pitch before I was hit with another prompt that Bangoura had to be subbed. At this point Liverpool has scored twice and I just rage quit. **** this.

Good game, loads of potential. I will start up a new save once I've cooled down, but unless those injuries were a one-off in my first career, I'll wait until it gets patched.

Hi everyone,

My games still on the 15.0.3 version? Is there any reason for this and how do I update it? Cheers.

The injuries are a bit too much indeed. It seems players in my starting eleven drop every week to injuries that keeps them out at least a month.

My latest match against Liverpool was absolutely ridiculous;

Within 30 minutes of the 1st half, Van Persie, Shaw and Di Maria all picked up knocks.

Before the second half was over, Van Persie had to go off, I brought on Mata...5 minutes later he goes off. Then I bring on a new signing Lass Bangoura, he gets injured one second after I hit confirm to bring him onto the pitch. I literally don't think I even got to see the 3D pitch before I was hit with another prompt that Bangoura had to be subbed. At this point Liverpool has scored twice and I just rage quit. **** this.

Good game, loads of potential. I will start up a new save once I've cooled down, but unless those injuries were a one-off in my first career, I'll wait until it gets patched.

RVP and Shaw are particularly injury-prone players.

After playing on for another season it's very much the type of goals being scored that's the issue for me rather than the quantity......It's the dreaded cross to either the near post or the far post that seems to always result in a goal

It's simple then, isn't it? You "know" they're going to go overload, so get more men back and counter attack them.

If it would be that easy then I wouldn't complain. Even going with a defensive approach and telling your fullbacks to defend it happens far too often. But that's not even the point. It's just not realistic. If you're a small club from a lower league then it shouldn't be that easy to score lots of goals in a short time (even against better competition) just because you decided to play attacking football in the last minutes. It's not even reasonable for matches with equally strong teams.

see when you go on the tactic section and when you go on player instruction...you cannot see what to pick since the tactic screen on the top right hand corner is empty on a very faint outline of my tactic appear but even i struggled to see where it was.

Hi everyone,

My games still on the 15.0.3 version? Is there any reason for this and how do I update it? Cheers.

If you have the 'boxed' copy you need to enter the code from the back of the manual. If you have a digital copy, you need to enter the second code sent to you by your retailer. If you don't have a code or are unsure, we suggest contacting your retailer for clarification. Thanks.

Wow. Just wow.

I'm sure he didn't mean any harm, but I think you are well within your rights to ask for an apology for that.

Also, re: AI attacking at the end being "too successful." I think that's actually the ME problem already mentioned here. When the AI wants to attack and switch to high tempo, longer balls, and wide play, all of these fit perfectly into the existing biases in the ME. So I don't think it's any "rubber banding" effect, but rather high tempo and long balls are simply a bit too effective all the time. I usually prefer a more patient build up myself, but I've changed that to accommodate the ME. It's actually been improved a lot since the first beta, where it seemed every other ball over the top will set a striker/wide attacker through on goal, but I think there's still a bit of tweaking needed.

Why? The left FB isn't closing down anyone, there's no one anywhere near him. The ball is on the halfway line with Brown. How would that help?

The FB seems to be under the impression he's closing down the ST next to him.

I had that problem when I was setting up the tactic, the instruction seemed to make it a lot better.

god dammit please fix all the Injuries bugs... Don't keep saying there is no problem. I am in pre season and got 8 Injuries from 2 friendly games.. And the whole league has 55+ Injuries and it is not started yet... it's the Danish Superliga

Lol how many in real life currently. You need to examine and compare facts before trying to tell people what to do :D

Reading the thread it seems it's almost exactly the same problems as last year and the year before. Certainly don't think I'm paying £30 to be a BETA tester for the next 6 month again.

Do you have to pay for the editor?

Would anyone give me the positives and negatives of the games? I'm unable to play the demo as my computer is in repair and really am considering this game but am kinda put off my some comments here.

Do you have to pay for the editor?

Would anyone give me the positives and negatives of the games? I'm unable to play the demo as my computer is in repair and really am considering this game but am kinda put off my some comments here.

You don't have to pay for the pre-game editor but well for the in game one but there are loads of issues with the store : Connection errors mainly : Error 1 or Error 1000 while checking out !

I've suddenly lost 5 out of my last 6 games. Hold a team meeting to tell the players I'm not happy with the poor form. Not one of them agree that we're in poor form. Good one lads.

Oh, OK I suppose we had best sell all our games then based on that advice :)

Come on man, of course its well playable

Just like in the beta, viewing profiles and pressing the back button it's still on the slow side, do i need to change my graphics quality from high to medium? will that help in any way?

Just started the official game. Have had 3 injuries in 5 pre season games so far. Not looking too great. But will see as the season goes on. My physios and fitness coaches are far from terrible either.