Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fine job SI, very much enjoying the full version playing 1st season as Barnet (VC)...

Just had 4 red injuries in a match, 3 in the opening 18 mins! No complaints! Random just like IRL...

Looking at my fourth successive clean sheet as I type this... Full match is the best ;)

Just like in the beta, viewing profiles and pressing the back button it's still on the slow side, do i need to change my graphics quality from high to medium? will that help in any way?

Why not try both out?

The last quarter of the save bar taking ages still hasn't been fixed, few of us mentioned this in the beta feedback thread as well.

Unfortunately imo they decided to go with compress and save as non optional so there are two stages which is what you see, seems stupid that I'd want to compress saves with a 3TB hard drive :) but there ya go.

I realise it's not SI's remit per se, but what rights do I have when I pre-ordered the game weeks ago and it hasn't arrived on the release date?

I had planned my evening around playing a lot of FM and it hasn't arrived!

Check the suppliers terms and conditions, you might be able to wheedle some compo out of them, other option is to send it back :D

Can anyone from SI tell me if there are any plans to change the tactics screen in a future update? It's a deal breaker for me.

No point asking tbh they'll never tell you what's going to happen, all you can do is politely register your disapproval

Unfortunately imo they decided to go with compress and save as non optional so there are two stages which is what you see, seems stupid that I'd want to compress saves with a 3TB hard drive :) but there ya go.

Yh pretty daft if you ask me and I have nowhere near a 3TB hard drive, guess its a change from weekly saving and something I'm going to have to get used to.

Thanks for the help it wasn't the changes I implemented that were the problem I verified the game cache and seemingly some files were missing, when I tried to update it said the servers were busy so I guess they got left out that way in the first place. All good now I can get on with my save woop woop

i have same problem re french league and data files. not one of the files have french league add ons. Also when files not used on database the french league still unplayable

Impression (so far playing Beta and Full): Disappointed

Reason: In comparison to FM 14 I do not see an improvement, if anything it's a step back

What's most important to me when playing

Game speed

FM 14: 7/10 - Multiple leagues loaded and it ran fine (can always be faster but can't complain)

FM 15: 4/10 - Running a single league on my mac and international breaks take up to 20 mins to get past

Squad screen

FM 14: 8/10 - Did what I wanted it to do

FM 15: 4/10 - Can't resize columns, so I rarely visit it anymore

Tactics screen

FM 14: 8/10 - Did what I wanted it to do

FM 15: 4/10 - Too much head tennis between position and roles, and no longer right click option to insert/remove player

3D Director camera

FM 14: 6/10 - Not as realistic as one would like, but still my favourite view

FM 15: 4/10 - Had to switch over to elevated camera because the animations just don't look right in Director view

Playing a match

FM 14: 7/10 - Always room for improvement, but it was still enjoyable

FM 15: 4/10 - Bad defending (near post is a no defender zone)

I know that SI will have a lot of example as to how FM 15 is better than FM 14, but for me and how I enjoy playing the game, it is, in it's current state a step back.

I still can't choose my substitutes. No bench on the right side of the pitch in tactics screen. I'm disappointed that SI didn't fix this because it was all over the forum during beta testing.

Tactics screen is either really bad or it takes a lot of time for me to get used to it. To early to switch back to FM14? :/

No point asking tbh they'll never tell you what's going to happen, all you can do is politely register your disapproval

From my experience we would not expect a major change now for FM15. Not sure if registering disapproval is the best approach. A positive approach would be to suggest what you think the changes could be to help give ideas and direction e.g. be part of the solution and not the problem

Honestly this game is in the worse state any FM game has been at Launch, so many bugs that make it very hard to start a long term save, Just nearly had 50 goals in 12 league one games

- High Scoring games

- Exploits in crossing, corners and headers

- High amounts of injuries

- Poor Goalkeeping and lots of own goals

Most of the stuff outside the match engine is great but this ME is the worse I have played in any FM game

Reading through this I think I may hold on to my 30 quid for a while!!

What I do find bizarre reading though early posts and threads is - Too many injuries, too many goals, too few goals, too effective crossing, not effective crossing, strikers can't score, poor full backs, poor defending, etc all source of complaint in FM13, FM14 so pretty much the same every year, in fact IMO strikers scoring and poor full backs were a curse throughout FM14 even after the final patch.... So in a nutshell it seems that these "problems" remain for many.

YET

I cannot remember any post complaining about the tactics screen in FM14 yet it's changed and now an awful lot of people don't like it. If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

I just cannot understand why that when you have an ME that is maybe 70% there why not just put all efforts into the remaining 30% rather than try and seemingly reinvent the wheel every year!

As I say,,, bizarre!

So nearly 24 hours now - a bit of considered feedback? There's a chance I'll get it through before 9pm tonight.

Have they fixed the horrendously high goal count in the ME for the beta?

Is the custom columns bug fixed?

The horrendously high goal count is fixed, as far as I can tell, except for occasional runaway games (I see a lot more 0-0s and 1-0s and 1-1s and 2-0s in my lower league now, but there are still more 6-1s and 7-2s than seem normal).

They've mostly fixed the columns, too. It doesn't kick off the last column when you go in and out of players' profiles anymore, but it's still extremely fiddly and columns still don't behave consistently when you drag from different sides in different ways. It took me about 10 minutes to get my squad views down, but now they're safely exported and don't reset randomly.

My general full-version ME impressions are:

-Much improved over the beta versions in general. Play is more varied and there are far fewer obvious moments of lunacy. Goals are down, own goals are down, full backs are better. Everything is better.

-Wide play and crosses still feel overpowered compared to real life, especially to the back post, where defenders seem to fail to track onrushing attackers.

-Defenders and goalkeepers actually react to loose balls in the box now. They charge down shots better, too. Defences feel far less porous as a result.

-Free kicks seem about right now. Keepers hold more of them. Takers miss the target much more.

-Clear one-on-ones are still weirdly skewed to the keeper, as they have been since at least FM14. I see more heroic saves from breakaways than anything else. Your striker is more likely to score if under pressure from a defender than if not.

-Long balls no longer have perfect backspin all the time, but it still seems way too easy for strikers to bring down a ball over the top that sails past the head of a hapless defender. This is balanced out by them then missing the one-on-one they're gifted.

-Backpasses make more sense in general.

-Keepers have stopped taking long, risky kicks from the flanks that leave the goal exposed to a long shot, which was happening in 15.0.3 again.

-It's still hard to get lower league teams to keep the ball on the ground, but that may just be the nature of how the game interprets poor attributes.

Saving files with the editor is a nightmare. I get "could not save file" every now and then, it forces me to save in "C:users..." despite my FM files are on a complete different drive, and some files just disappear. Why, oh why do you have to make weird changes that no-one have asked for?

Not 100% what you mean but if its a custom saved tactic then isn't it:

Desktop > name > My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2015 > Tactics ??

thanks but i meant the tactics in the steam folder itself usually the ones that AI use?

Has all the training for the Squad, U21's and 18's been bundled into one? I mean the part where you select your coaches, and tell them what to do?

Seniors and U21 train with first team, via the Training icon in the sidebar. U18 training is accessed through your U18 Squad screen, they have their own training setups.

Really hope SI doesn't tone down injuries, if anything there's too few in my save. Enjoying the game so far, just need to improve the match engine for this to be a great game.

What I do find bizarre reading though early posts and threads is - Too many injuries, too many goals, too few goals, too effective crossing, not effective crossing, strikers can't score, poor full backs, poor defending, etc all source of complaint in FM13, FM14 so pretty much the same every year, in fact IMO strikers scoring and poor full backs were a curse throughout FM14 even after the final patch.... So in a nutshell it seems that these "problems" remain for many.

YET

I cannot remember any post complaining about the tactics screen in FM14 yet it's changed and now an awful lot of people don't like it. If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

I just cannot understand why that when you have an ME that is maybe 70% there why not just put all efforts into the remaining 30% rather than try and seemingly reinvent the wheel every year!

As I say,,, bizarre!

I'm not going to bother at all. It's been ELEVEN years since the first 2D match engine and still it's not convincing enough to fully immerse me in the game world. The last save I truly got into was Limavady Utd and FC Copenhagen CM01/02.

As a professional developer I appreciate how difficult a thing a football match engine is to program with so many variables and moving parts, but I'd like to think after 11 years work I'd have got it closer than this. Yet they're still rushing round putting out fires, trying to stop players doing inexplicable things. Maybe time to get in another football consultant or two - after all, if the programmers don't know what a player should be doing and thinking in a given situation, how is the AI they program meant to?

First of all i want to say it looks great, the ME seems pretty good so far. The one issue i have so far is that i have started with Hearts in Scottish Championship, won the league and also got through to Scottish Cup Final which was 28 day's after my last league game and i was not allowed to arrange any friendly's leading up to it just to keep up match fitness! Not even against my own u-21's! All dates were marked as unavailable?? Come Cup Final day all my players were around 80% fit and of course we lost 1-0, so frustrating as im convinced with a fully fit side we would of probably won! Could this be a bug??

Seriously, do I have to create a new file everytime I make changes to my editor file? If I try and save it with the same name I get an error. And why can't I save the file whereever I want to? And why do you at SI assume I would ever want to upload my file to the work shop?

Reporting a bug that's been reported since beta, ball is too hard to see on the pitch, mainly because the pitch is too bright therefore its harder to see the white from the ball, aswell the player names.

I had actually reported this issue some time back and I use ColorMunki as a screen calibrator. I actually find it much easier so I'm assuming there has been a change, if not then beer makes my eyesight better :D

First of all i want to say it looks great, the ME seems pretty good so far. The one issue i have so far is that i have started with Hearts in Scottish Championship, won the league and also got through to Scottish Cup Final which was 28 day's after my last league game and i was not allowed to arrange any friendly's leading up to it just to keep up match fitness! Not even against my own u-21's! All dates were marked as unavailable?? Come Cup Final day all my players were around 80% fit and of course we lost 1-0, so frustrating as im convinced with a fully fit side we would of probably won! Could this be a bug??

It might not be but is worth a bug report just in case imo.

Can anyone from SI tell me if there are any plans to change the tactics screen in a future update? It's a deal breaker for me.

What I'd like to know is how they could even think it was a good idea. I mean, having the menu on the left frees more vertical space, you can like it more or less than the usual menus on the top, but at least it's there for a reason. The tactics screen is at the same time inefficient and ugly.

YET

As I say,,, bizarre!

And you come out with virtually the same paragraph every year for as long as I can remember :D bet your wife decides what colour socks you wear :p

Archived