Pretty lame PC Gamer Review if you ask me (61/100)

Reminds me of when Gamespot or IGN did a review for FM09, the reviewer gave it 2/10 because it wasn't like FIFA or Pro Evo games. As in the FIFA games, not FIFA Manager. The review got removed and replaced with a public written apology to everyone.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I generally respect PC Gamer for their reviews this is exceedingly shoddy, with no constructive criticism at all imho. I buy the mag and I wonder if the staff don't like FM as it was not included in their 100 top PC games of all time which seemed a glaring omission to me.

Down to 76% for user reviews on Steam, FM14 had 92%.

Definitely thinking about not getting the game, not just based on the reviews but also on the feedback thread. Seems like the exact same start of FM14, buggy it will be a very slow process to fix some of them.

The actual content of the review is pretty poor, but the score seems about right under their scoring system. 60%-70% is an average game and my own experiences with the demo are that FM15 isn't blowing me away, it isn't even grabbing my interest and I've moved on to other games after only 10 hours. That combined with niggles in the new GUI that over a long period would really drive me crazy I wouldn't give this version more then a 6 or 7 out of 10.

I don't think people really take much notice of reviews with a series such as this tbh, for the record;

‪#‎FM15‬ is no.1 in the UK PC chart, and no.3 in the all formats chart (behind CoD & FIFA) - thank you to all who have bought it so far

First time I've been taken notice really and I've took notice of the feedback thread more than last year...purely due to what I thought of FM14 and feeling like a Beta tester well into this year.

I don't think people really take much notice of reviews with a series such as this tbh, for the record;

‪#‎FM15‬ is no.1 in the UK PC chart, and no.3 in the all formats chart (behind CoD & FIFA) - thank you to all who have bought it so far

Yeah it's one of those that sells on the name alone.

Personally I think the score deserves to be a bit higher, 7 or 8 maybe but in no way near 9 or 10. The review is tosh though.

Reviews and sales are dodgy things. Look at Five Nights At Freddy's 2. It's atrocious. once you get to night 3, it stops being a game and has a ludicrous near-impossible difficulty that seems to only be reserved for famous Let's Players. Massive potential, horrible delivery and lifeless enemies. However, the sales have been massive (because of the first game) and the reviews great (because they played a few minutes).

In FM's case, the poor reviews aren't really accurate because we all should know by now that the game isn't really released until February.

Archived