"Taker" for throw ins

I am playing the demo right now and it seems the very useful role of TAKER for throw ins is no more available in the game. It was there in FM 14 and I always used it, because it allows you (for example) to just decide your left midfielder, or your left full back for that matter, will always take the throw ins on the left side of the pitch (and viceversa), without the need to specify every time which player should take them. I am talking about the part of the tactics screen where you can give personalized orders to each player (like "stay back", "come short", "edge of area" and so on).

It appears to be a minor issue perhaps, but it's not when you have many players able to play multiple roles (e.g. DM/DC/DR, which is not uncommon at all), like I more often than not try to do, and you need to remember every time or even during a match to change the names of the throw in takers in the tactics screen when some of your players change position on the pitch for any reason.

Is this function gone for good, or am I missing something? Thanks for any help.

I select my full backs to always take throws but then I get a message every month from my coach telling me that my first choice CB should in fact be taking them .. even though he'd be out of position.

It's just based on the long throw attribute as far as I can see

Ok, but that's not what I meant. You still have to choose your FB in the "set pieces" part of the tactics screen by putting his name in the column "throw ins", right?

What I miss is the option "taker" in the "player" part of the tactics screen, where you give your players instructions on how to behave at set pieces, corners and throw ins. This was a very useful option, as it enabled you to decide your FB would always take the throw in, irrespective of which player would play as FB during that match or the next one and so on. I hope it's clearer now.

Anyone?

Ok, but that's not what I meant. You still have to choose your FB in the "set pieces" part of the tactics screen by putting his name in the column "throw ins", right?

What I miss is the option "taker" in the "player" part of the tactics screen, where you give your players instructions on how to behave at set pieces, corners and throw ins. This was a very useful option, as it enabled you to decide your FB would always take the throw in, irrespective of which player would play as FB during that match or the next one and so on. I hope it's clearer now.

Anyone?

I used "Default" for my throw in takers (full backs) before FM 14. In FM 14 I used "Taker". Now I just got back to Default.

It´s not taken away from the game as far as I see it. Long throws, freekicks, penalty takers can still be chosen.

You didn't understand what the OP's trying to say. When setting how the trow ins should be taken, you have various opsitons, Stay Back, Near Post, G Forward... There was an option Taker in FM 14, which has been removed for FM 15, God knows why.

You didn't understand what the OP's trying to say. When setting how the trow ins should be taken, you have various opsitons, Stay Back, Near Post, G Forward... There was an option Taker in FM 14, which has been removed for FM 15, God knows why.

Exactly this. It was a useful option that made less tinkering necessary when any player changed his playing position on the pitch. No gain at all in removing it, I gather.

If it's working fine, don't touch it! Could someone at SI please take a look at this issue and restore said option?

So, I guess this isn't an issue worth a reply from someone in the know. Hardly a game breaker, I admit, but annoying nonetheless.

I don't think it's a bug, but I really would like to get this option back. Shouldn't be a problem to add it with the next patch being released, should it?

If you go to tactics > set pieces you can select the takers for left & right sided throw in takers. You can also edit the instructions to cover the player who is taking the throw, for example, at Juventus I had Chiellini taking long throws due to him being a 20 rating, put the other CB on the near post then told the full backs and a DM to stay back so 3 players were covering.

If you go to tactics > set pieces you can select the takers for left & right sided throw in takers. You can also edit the instructions to cover the player who is taking the throw, for example, at Juventus I had Chiellini taking long throws due to him being a 20 rating, put the other CB on the near post then told the full backs and a DM to stay back so 3 players were covering.

Sorry, but this is not the issue at hand here. Probably only who has used this option in the past can understand.

I don't want to go to tactics > set pieces, I want to go to tactics > player and be able to give the instruction "taker" for throw ins to a specific position (let's say DL), whichever player shall occupy that position during the game. As I said, this means way less tinkering before and during matches.

Archived